• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How are you guys doing in the 52 game competition? I'm at 18, although I'm using house rules that count 10 hours of games without endings as a completion. And stuff like 5 hour long Shadowrun user modules.

I rediscovered CS:GO and it dropped a bomb on my progress. :(
I decided not to participate, which was probably a smart thing given that I have finished less than 10 games this year, as far as I can remember.

Of course, there is no hotter chick in the movie *ducks and covers*

Why would you hide from saying the truth?
original

Jawmuncher

STEAM | May 2014 - Playing with Fire

On a serious note:

May threads needs upcoming recommendations from you guys, I'll put up the details on how to submit for the OP - once we reach the 15th or something. Hopefully we can get more than 3 submissions this time :p

I'll see what I can do.

I decided to buy my own Prey, after not winning raffles for countless times, around 13 dollars plus shipping, not too bad.

Also, Dynasty Warrior 8 PC is up for preorder here.

MUnited83

For you.
I decided to buy my own Prey, after not winning raffles for countless times, around 13 dollars plus shipping, not too bad.

Im tempted to import it but I guess there is actually a chance Tecmo brings it to the west.

STEAM | May 2014 - Playing with Fire

On a serious note:

May threads needs upcoming recommendations from you guys, I'll put up the details on how to submit for the OP - once we reach the 15th or something. Hopefully we can get more than 3 submissions this time :p
Stuff I'm anticipating:
- The Forest
- Transistor
- Always Sometimes Monsters

Anyone know if playfire gives money for console achievements too?
Not at the moment

https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41226247-Playfire-Rewards-FAQ
Will you be adding other Playfire Rewards for other platforms like Xbox Live, Playstation Network, Origin and Uplay?

Currently the Playfire Rewards BETA is available for Steam only. Once we're happy that the program is balanced and stable we'll be looking at introducing additional platforms. To keep informed with all Playfire developments visit the Playfire blog.

Exuro

Just started playing half minute hero. Hated the new looking graphics and had a hard time getting into it. After changing to retro+xbox button prompts I've kind of fallen in love which I wasn't expecting.

Grief.exe

Just started playing half minute hero. Hated the new looking graphics and had a hard time getting into it. After changing to retro+xbox button prompts I've kind of fallen in love which I wasn't expecting.

I just started Half-Minute hero too! I'll give the retro graphics a try.

I really need to get around playing Bastion. Watched a friend playing a segment with this playing and it instantly sold me on it.
<3 the soundtrack in bastion.
It's so fantastic, easily one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

This is my personal favourite track of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwDOnHYPco

The gameplay in bastion ain't that bad either, I finished it twice and now I kinda want to finish it for a third time, the music man, so good.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
<3 the soundtrack in bastion.
It's so fantastic, easily one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

This is my personal favourite track of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwDOnHYPco

The gameplay in bastion ain't that bad either, I finished it twice and now I kinda want to finish it for a third time, the music man, so good.

I've heard the whole soundtrack, which is really great, already and haven't even touched the game, unfortunately. It's in the backlog with so many other games.

I've heard the whole soundtrack, which is really great, already and haven't even touched the game, unfortunately. It's in the backlog with so many other games.
It's a very short game(I've finished it in under 3hrs twice, both times were me taking my time exploring areas) so if you want to thin the backlog out a little bit, it's not that bad of a game to start with.

Grief.exe

Just watched a movie called Memento. I was intrigued for the entire movie, then the last 30 minutes I started feeling dreadful as it became
increasingly obvious he was being taken advantageous of by several people
After the ending I am in a state of melancholy after the ending. Great movie, but need to play some Half-Minute Hero to bring me back up.

Just watched a movie called Memento. I was intrigued for the entire movie, then the last 30 minutes I started feeling dreadful as it became
increasingly obvious he was being taken advantageous of by several people
After the ending I am in a state of melancholy after the ending. Great movie, but need to play some Half-Minute Hero to bring me back up.

Dude, you've never seen Memento? It's fantastic! I hope you enjoyed it overall, even if it made you dreadful.

I believe it was directed by Christopher Nolan, who also did Inception and the newest Batman trilogy.

--

I have accepted that I will never understand all the glyphs and codes in FEZ. I am now playing it as a platformer only and will be using a guide to find some of the stuff I'd have no clue as to how to find or solve otherwise. :lol

Grief.exe

Dude, you've never seen Memento? It's fantastic! I hope you enjoyed it overall, even if it made you dreadful.

I believe it was directed by Christopher Nolan, who also did Inception and the newest Batman trilogy.

Ya I noticed that in the opening credits, apparently I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work as I enjoyed this one immensely.
I think part of the reason I really liked this one is it actually made me feel emotions and become invested in the main character.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I recently had this tea called yerba mate. It was pleasant, but tasted of strong green tea.

Hopefully this works, haven't given away a Humble URL before.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-6EC3C3A434CB1271

t1397371608z1.png
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit and want to share. Plus Playfire credit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guy. We had some discourse on platformers when you made some comments about not liking how Rayman games were made.

What's your take on Super Meat Boy out of curiosity?
Good; character falls from maximum height in a way not influenced by euro-platformers.

zkylon

zkylewd
'a movie called Memento'? lol

yea lol, wth

actually first time i watched that movie it was on the middle of the night a bus trip to cordoba with a friend's mom (yea wtf) with no sound. well my friend was already there, it's not like i was doing his mom lol

i didn't understand much of what was going on i think

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's a very short game(I've finished it in under 3hrs twice, both times were me taking my time exploring areas) so if you want to thin the backlog out a little bit, it's not that bad of a game to start with.

I'll have to play it soon, then. Bastion will go up on the priority list, right after I finish Anodyne.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
kinda feel like replaying Amalur all of a sudden

I still need to get around to playing the DLC mini-campaigns. I like that they're set in their own small worlds rather than just being mission packs for the world of the main campaign.

So I was BBQing at a friend today and while we were talkig about movies and girls he mentioned a cute chick from the movie The Host. He was pretty surprised when I knew her weird name, guess who it was ;)

I think I know the answer!

Was it Diane Kruger?

He's obviously referring to Emily Browning. :p

Is it Steamworks?

JaseC your girl was delightful in The Grand Budapest Hotel.

<3

chixdiggit

So I decided to really buckle down and install all my Steam games with cards and idle them as I will never have time to play most of them.
I get to "To the Moon" and thought to myself I wonder how GAF would react knowing that I just idled this game for cards without ever playing it? So I decided to give it a try and was glued to my chair to the very end of the game. Thank you GAF for quilting me into playing this wonderful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom