• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

May threads needs upcoming recommendations from you guys, I'll put up the details on how to submit for the OP - once we reach the 15th or something. Hopefully we can get more than 3 submissions this time :p

Maybe instead of focusing on newly released games, we could focus on games released past month? Some of which are surely getting overlooked, when you look at 'from release to bundle' time.

DukeBobby

So, yeah, Fez is pretty neat.

I was initially going to use a guide to quickly get all the achievements, but I think I'll take my time with this one.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-05D95B1F168B31C0 - Taken by SalsaShark

Ya I noticed that in the opening credits, apparently I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work as I enjoyed this one immensely.
I think part of the reason I really liked this one is it actually made me feel emotions and become invested in the main character.

Now go watch The Prestige.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I decided to really buckle down and install all my Steam games with cards and idle them as I will never have time to play most of them.
I get to "To the Moon" and thought to myself I wonder how GAF would react knowing that I just idled this game for cards without ever playing it? So I decided to give it a try and was glued to my chair to the very end of the game. Thank you GAF for quilting me into playing this wonderful game.

yay

wonderful is really the right word for that game

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I like Fez a lot. It's very clever at making you feel clever.

Also: STEAM | May 2014 - Insert titty witle here

Shade

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

sword and soldiers hd -- MB-4B3A28EDC34BDA8E - Taken by nature boy. 5 entrants total.
Stellar Impact -- MB-550EB56C61F64581 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 7 entrants total.
Legendary -- MB-65D29FD51DD00323 - Taken by Kiru. 9 entrants total.
Caster -- MB-9E7B369D1012725A - Taken by bkw. 6 entrants total.
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-14AC7E365C028301 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Anna -- MB-1588EBDE29DECD2F - Taken by ShogunX. 6 entrants total.

t1397375343z1.png

Thezez

Banned
Did Goat Simulator recently get a Mac version? Shows up in my 'Mac Games' list, and has an install button, but it doesn't install anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Japanese publisher, you'll never know!

Haha, exactly. :p

Did Goat Simulator recently get a Mac version? Shows up in my 'Mac Games' list, and has an install button, but it doesn't install anything.

The Mac and Linux depots are currently private.

265932 Linux depot 1.57 GB Encrypted
265933 Mac depot 895.64 MB Encrypted

portbeta Linux and Mac betas 227792 Yes

Anyone here give Contagion a go? Recently had its full release and it's come a long way. The escape maps are incredibly intense as you start out with just a pistol and have to make your way around these giant labyrinths all the while avoiding hordes that have dozens of zombies and scavenging for ammo and weapons. If you get attacked too much at once you can also get turned into a zombie. It's great fun to have a full server of people and seeing people die one by one and then getting chased by them.

Also has some great headshots.

I think im gonna play the Hector games

no one talks about those

telltale as a publisher is weird

I really didn't care for what I played of the first one. I could tell they were trying to be funny, but it's just a bunch of miserable characters being mean to each other, with fart jokes, and curse words.

I feel like it got as much recognition as it did, because it was one of the early adventure games on iOS, and people were just pleased to have a voice acted one of those.

I dunno. Lemme know if you have a good time with it, and I might give it another look.

Ya I noticed that in the opening credits, apparently I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work as I enjoyed this one immensely.
I think part of the reason I really liked this one is it actually made me feel emotions and become invested in the main character.

If you haven't already, make sure you check out "The Prestige" as well.

Salsa

well now I jumped around on the internet for a while and it's too late so im probably not gonna play those games

#juststeamthings

Grief.exe

well now I jumped around on the internet for a while and it's too late so im probably not gonna play those games

#juststeamthings

I'm about to go play some 3DS in bed.

Just played about an hour of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Love the fast-paced nature, a blast to play so far.

Love the visual and narration style too.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm about to go play some 3DS in bed.

Just played about an hour of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Love the fast-paced nature, a blast to play so far.

Love the visual and narration style too.
For anyone who has picked the game up and not tried it, it's definitely a good game to jump into and just play half an hour, or an hour. The pacing, narration, visuals, shooting, and maybe even the soundtrack are well done. It's just fun and pretty polished overall, I think.

I recently had this tea called yerba mate. It was pleasant, but tasted of strong green tea.
I think I PM'd you this song link forever ago because you like tea.

Smothered Mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHNyOUN33J8

I now have a healthy respect for anyone who managed to figure out all the codes in FEZ on their own.

I was in one room and couldn't figure out how to get up to the cube that appeared after I entered the code (that I had to look up X_X). I then remembered that if I went down far enough I'd found a warp gate that shot me up to another part of the room (I thought). As I climbed down, it dawned on me that the room was in a loop. Holy crap, Phil Fish is a sadist and a masochist.

#juststeamthings

I am at the point now where I look at a bundle and see library padding most of the time. If the price per game is not somewhere around $0.50, it's probably not worth it.

Look what this forum has done to me, LOL

I just bought Divinity Original Sin with Dota hat money. Feels good. I think this is the end of my current dive into early access games for now, as interested as I am in Wasteland 2. Kinda went a little ham with the recent string of purchases and I need to spend some time playing some of these games more. Age of Wonders 3, Grim Dawn, Divinity: Dragon Commander and now Divinity Original Sin. When did Larian up their game?

Tizoc

I'll hook up my PS4 controller and see how much better I do on Super Meat Boy again...Maybe I'll go for the 50 Bandages cheevo, unless that requires going through majority of the main game?

Jawmuncher

Tried to play FEZ again gave up and just finished the first world and used the Cheat Codes for the achievements. Some day i'll actually want to play it.

Maybe instead of focusing on newly released games, we could focus on games released past month? Some of which are surely getting overlooked, when you look at 'from release to bundle' time.

I think that doing both recently released games and upcoming titles would a good idea. It'll definitely help to keep the numbers up in terms of games.

Now go watch The Prestige.

Seconded. I enjoyed this more than Inception.

Damn, I don't think I could finish Dragon Age before Dark Souls 2 launches, oh well.

Where are you in the game at the moment? I spent 64 hours going through it but you've still got two weeks so there may a chance. I played the Ultimate edition so I also did some of the DLC.

Milamber

qEemBcu.png

My image looks like a repost of my last payout but it's not. I still haven't received my GMG money. Here's hoping Payfire support is open on Easter.

Tried logging out/in through GMG and everything. Re-linking my Steam account. Started up another game (Spec Ops: The Line) and Payfire tracked that so no issues there. So support is left.

Where are you in the game at the moment? I spent 64 hours going through it but you've still got two weeks so there may a chance. I played the Ultimate edition so I also did some of the DLC.
I'm in Orzammer doing the dwarven quests, the only faction that I have recruited right now is the Circle of Magi, human quests half done, didn't start looking for the Urn yet.

Milamber

Boy, Assassin's Creed 3 is all kinds of broken. Just got Conner into Sequence 06 and there are a lot of in-game crowd pop-in's/disappearances, NPC pathing issues and unresponsive attack commands. How on earth can they get worse with every iteration of AssCreed!?

EDIT: After getting out of the Ezio storyline, the game feels much fresher. I guess I was just in an AC funk because of constant Ezio.

Card Boy

Banned
I accidently clicked WebMoney (i don't have this) when trying to buy something from Steam thinking it was my CC by accident.

I got out of the WebMoney window soon as i realised now i am getting this when i try to pay via my CC.

Warning: Your recent transaction with us is still pending! Did you complete payment with your payment service provider? We're not sure yet, and we're waiting to receive an answer from them.

If you continue, and are purchasing any items a second time, you risk being charged twice.

I accidently clicked WebMoney (i don't have this) when trying to buy something from Steam thinking it was my CC by accident.

I got out of the WebMoney window soon as i realised now i am getting this when i try to pay via my CC.

As long as you didn't initiate any kind of transfer or enter any details, you should be fine. But I would double check if I were you.

qEemBcu.png

My image looks like a repost of my last payout but it's not. I still haven't received my GMG money. Here's hoping Payfire support is open on Easter.

Tried logging out/in through GMG and everything. Re-linking my Steam account. Started up another game (Spec Ops: The Line) and Payfire tracked that so no issues there. So support is left.

I contacted them as well as mine wouldn't cash or show up in the balance. Nearly been a day :/ Shame it wasn't fixed in time for the Dark Souls 2 coupon but free money is free I suppose.

Edit: Been a day since I made a ticket that is. Been 2 days since the money should have cashed in.

I managed to pick up Fallout NV Ultimate from the German Uplay store for $3.75 with Hola.

Still don't like regional pricing, but I guess it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom