• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

HhTef.gif

VODO Otherworlds Bundle

Meh.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll hook up my PS4 controller and see how much better I do on Super Meat Boy again...Maybe I'll go for the 50 Bandages cheevo, unless that requires going through majority of the main game?

I 106 % it with a DS3

50 bandages requires either going through most of the game or unlocking quite a bit of dark worlds/warp zones

Tomodachi

EDIT: After getting out of the Ezio storyline, the game feels much fresher. I guess I was just in an AC funk because of constant Ezio.
My thoughts exactly. I'm playing it right now as well and I'm surprised it sucks less than I thought, at least I'm somewhat interested in what is happening and in exploring the town, which is a welcome change after three episodes in a row of Renaissance wandering. Combat is over-simplefied though, not good.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought Divinity Original Sin with Dota hat money. Feels good. I think this is the end of my current dive into early access games for now, as interested as I am in Wasteland 2. Kinda went a little ham with the recent string of purchases and I need to spend some time playing some of these games more. Age of Wonders 3, Grim Dawn, Divinity: Dragon Commander and now Divinity Original Sin. When did Larian up their game?

They finally started making enough that they don't have to constantly scramble to pay the bills and could afford to experiment and create the games that they want (within a small scope). Additionally kick starter has offered new ways for them to fund their projects.

Time to register a Playfire account. Im in for some free money.

Edit: Wow i cant even register. 500 Error and i get a superman picture made of Ps3 trophies.... wtf.

Pachimari

So I really want to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 in widescreen, as the first one are one of the games I have fond memories of as a kid, and I would like to show it off to the girl as well. I have followed the following directions but I can't find the numbers in the HEX Editor:

EDIT:
Nevermind, it works now. Cool.

Some leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ibomber Defense Pacific -- MB-D79125CA39E41365 - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-D8B5225106DB66FA - Taken by Aaron. 4 entrants total.
KAIRO -- MB-2CD3BA97D894348B - Taken by Berto. 7 entrants total.
inMomentum -- MB-095C70FEB5BF1407 - Taken by Arthea. 7 entrants total.
Ibomber Attack -- MB-AAD1E54595E4EE4C - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Ibomber Defense -- MB-5766E09E3A7719BF - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.

t1397393882z1.png

Parsnip

Looks like I can't find my Fez notes that I took when I played it on 360.
I think I'm going to take new notes rather than looking that stuff up on the internets though, I miss taking notes and stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've nabbed all the Goat Sim achievements save for The Flapmaster. If I don't unlock it in time I won't be overly fussed as it's only worth 0.10 Britishbucks.

hohoXD123

Ya I noticed that in the opening credits, apparently I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work as I enjoyed this one immensely.
I think part of the reason I really liked this one is it actually made me feel emotions and become invested in the main character.

You should watch Insomnia then, don't think it's as good as Memento but still pretty decent. Oh and Shutter Island is in a similar vein if you haven't seen it already, it's awesome.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've nabbed all the Goat Sim achievements save for The Flapmaster. If I don't unlock it in time I won't be overly fussed as it's only worth 0.10 Britishbucks.

You saved the sweet cherry for the end

fantomena

I remember the days when the PS4 was announced on the PS Meeting in 2013. I was scared that when I received my PS4 I would go back to PC gaming again like 4-5 years ago and see my PC collect dust.

The opposite happened.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Currently playing Mark of the Ninja. Wow, this game is great. Like a side scrolling Metal Gear. Kind of.

I remember the days when the PS4 was announced on the PS Meeting in 2013. I was scared that when I received my PS4 I would go back to PC gaming again like 4-5 years ago and see my PC collect dust.

The opposite happened.
There's not a lot of exclusive games that interest me, actually the line up has been pretty weak so far, not to mention the lackluster console hardware.

In fact, the "This gen, just like last gen" joke aside, I feel like this generation is just an extension to the last one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The opposite happened.

I somewhat regret cancelling my PS4 pre-order on Amazon, simply because of how much I would have saved compared to buying locally (~$130). When Amazon was caught cancelling international orders to make room for US customers my order was reinstated and as penance the shipping fee waived, but I ultimately cancelled the order myself to make more room for the Autumn Sale.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Playing Stacking now. Pretty fun, but I don't see myself going for all solutions to the puzzles in the levels. Game has a lot of charm, but there's less meat to the gameplay then I originally thought.

I bought the first Metro to test my new rig, will be checking that out this afternoon.

Currently playing Mark of the Ninja. Wow, this game is great. Like a side scrolling Metal Gear. Kind of.

It's got a bunch of intricacies and gives the player high levels of control, sort of like MGS3. I haven't played a lot of stealth games, but this one is definitely good.

zkylon

zkylewd
tomorrow i'm visiting my dad

i'm feeling the fifth one coming up

only kept two cos my fridge couldn't take anymore lol

also we had paella at family dinner

Pachimari

I started up Civilization V for the first time and I also got Brave New World installed, but does that mean I'm playing Brave New World by default?

And it seems like a mouthful to get into.

neoemonk

We lost power 13 hours ago along with 73000 other people in my area. Saturday night is usually the best time I have for unfettered gaming as well. Fate is cruel.

Anteater

omg how do you beat fez, i don't remember what any of these are, i have enough cubes but I don't even remember where to go

I don't even remember going through all these fucking zones!

I need to stop using beta updates for Steam. Most of the time, it just breaks something without actually fixing stuff. Seems like controller support in BPM is borked again.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea

i dunno why but my family really goes all out on food for my birthdays

last year my cousin made like 200 pieces of sushi herself. it was insane.

my mom's family always makes up for my dad forgetting my birthday

maybe i am lex luthor

omg how do you beat fez, i don't remember what any of these are, i have enough cubes but I don't even remember where to go

I don't even remember going through all these fucking zones!
yea i don't think fez is a game you can play again without starting over dude

I started up Civilization V for the first time and I also got Brave New World installed, but does that mean I'm playing Brave New World by default?

And it seems like a mouthful to get into.

Yes. However, if you want to be certain just click the DLC button on the main menu. This will show you what is running and allow you to turn the various DLC on or off as required.

I'm in Orzammer doing the dwarven quests, the only faction that I have recruited right now is the Circle of Magi, human quests half done, didn't start looking for the Urn yet.

I thought that I'd remember more about the game but I have no idea how much is left. Nonethelss, you can do it!

In other news, I forgot to buy 1849! :(

I thought that I'd remember more about the game but I have no idea how much is left. Nonethelss, you can do it!

In other news, I forgot to buy 1849! :(
I'm 24 hours into the game with only one out of three factions recruited, I'm also playing the Ultimate Edition, which means I got plenty of content left.

Anteater

yea i don't think fez is a game you can play again without starting over dude

fuck :( I'm just looking up gamefaqs:

The city is behind the 16-cube door which was in the "purple door / hub room" you see early on that has the 4/8/16 cube doors.

The closest warp to it is the first warp gate that can take you to the crying waterfall/lighthouse/belltower/etc.

Once you go through the door to the city, the 32-cube door is in there.

jSSu3PN.jpg

This is gonna take me a while lol

To get those play for the first time achievements do I just need to boot the game up (even though I've already played it)? Do I need to download the Playfire client or anything?

Instructions for participants:
I have no idea what I am doing. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).
A drawing of a thousand tiny angels lifting a unicorn to the sky filled with pink cotton candy clouds and elephants playing harps on them will be appreciated as well.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has an automatic blocklist. The world has identified members who abuse defenceless hedgehogs and restricted them from playing games.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site. Just don't be a douchebag.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply and you need to step up the game to get some love. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-014159BC8FA00B16 - Taken by pahamrick
Gunman Clive -- MB-05303EC5304BF09A - Taken by derExperte
Kami -- MB-65486DBDDD45C769 - Taken by PriitV
Probably Archery -- MB-2A6D420E94C4F0C4 - Taken by Saty
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-93A18874C377AC16 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Supreme Commander -- MB-1329ED3F243B737C - Taken by Atraveller
Driftmoon #2 -- MB-7E444528F8819DA2 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Little Racers STREET -- MB-0D2E509FC8CDE305 - Taken by Big_Al
Humanity Asset -- MB-BBB7A666F2C96CC0 - Taken by Kifimbo
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-9E384C74279805CE - Taken by wazoo
Driftmoon -- MB-12495C3A3AEB40E3 - Taken by Shorty11857

Status