• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Lttp but just wanted so say that imo Sleepy Dawgs has one of the best soundtracks of all open world games, much variety, much quality. Puts GTA5 to shame.

edit: Many thanks for Gunman Clive, Dunder!

Tizoc

I think I'm gonna make a new character for the expansion, my warden deserve to be with Morrigan.

Um, ok, it's not on steam, don't buy it.

Meant to post this in another thread I frequent, but the Ranko game would be neat to have on Steam. I'd get that ish for $20 =P

If you already played it, you won't get the first time achievements.

Ah makes sense, another quick question if one of the rewards is for unlocking an achievement do I still get it if I unlocked it previously or only when the award shows up on Playfire (Only signed up yesterday)

Kifimbo

Ah makes sense, another quick question if one of the rewards is for unlocking an achievement do I still get it if I unlocked it previously or only when the award shows up on Playfire (Only signed up yesterday)

I'm also new to this, so I'm not quite sure. But my previous (several months old) Sleeping Dogs achievements were added to my list, so it seems to work for older achievements.

Guru-Guru

Banned
My bro is coming to visit me in Japan, and is giving me his old PC for gaming. I was wondering: if he installs Dota 2 for me before visiting, I won't have any problems accessing the game here in Japan, right? It hasn't been released in Japan, but as I won't be using the Japanese version of Steam, it shouldn't be an issue..? I have shit computer knowledge, so if anybody knows the answer that would be great!

Pachimari

Dear Esther is annoying me immensely! I won't finish this - I have had to start all over twice now. I just spent the last 30 minutes getting to the beautiful cave, and now I have to start from the beginning because I wanted to quit in the middle of it all.

Doesn't this game have a save function!?

This is were I got to. Will I ever complete a game. =(

NQybzcG.jpg

Dear Esther is annoying me immensely! I won't finish this - I have had to start all over twice now. I just spent the last 30 minutes getting to the beautiful cave, and now I have to start from the beginning because I wanted to quit in the middle of it all.

Why would you stop right in the middle of this?

The game is less than an hour long. I would just finish it in one sitting if I were you.

ArjanN

It's less than an hour long and some of the dialogue/scenes you get are random. So it's not really a big deal.

MUnited83

For you.
A few SEGA GFWL games were removed this morning: Stormrise, The Club, Universe at War Earth Assault.

Virtua Tennis 4 might be next, so if you are remotely interested, now is the time to get it.

Pachimari

Why would you stop right in the middle of this?

The game is less than an hour long. I would just finish it in one sitting if I were you.

It's less than an hour long and some of the dialogue/scenes you get are random. So it's not really a big deal.

I often can't play for more than an hour but I'll try.

A few SEGA GFWL games were removed this morning: Stormrise, The Club, Universe at War Earth Assault.

Virtua Tennis 4 might be next, so if you are remotely interested, now is the time to get it.
Thanks, I have to bite on VT4 then.

Jawmuncher

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

That game was awesome was going to grab it on the next sale.
I swear they better be patching it and not just getting rid of it.

Just watched a movie called Memento. I was intrigued for the entire movie, then the last 30 minutes I started feeling dreadful as it became
increasingly obvious he was being taken advantageous of by several people
After the ending I am in a state of melancholy after the ending. Great movie, but need to play some Half-Minute Hero to bring me back up.

I have such a man crush on Nolan.

Can't wait for Intersteller.

I somewhat regret cancelling my PS4 pre-order on Amazon, simply because of how much I would have saved compared to buying locally (~$130).
Unholy hell you buy games for other platforms too?

I just realized when you choose a badge to feature it stays under your name. I proudly rock the RE4 Bass now, it's the only one I've crafted. Because it's a fish.

Crafted another Deadly Premonition badge and got another piece of the best smiley, :yorksmokes:

I'll try Speedrunners now, hope it's good.

wazoo

Glad I bought Earth Assault before, last game of the Command and conquer team.

user237

Those seem like prime candidates to be simply removed. Can't imagine they are selling a ton of copies anymore.

Hope they fix Virtua Tennis though!

wazoo

Those seem like prime candidates to be simply removed. Can't imagine they are selling a ton of copies anymore.

Hope they fix Virtua Tennis though!

The Club will not come back, Bizarre is dead.

Stormrise, it is weird, considering Creative Assembly is still alive, but StormRise is not on their website at all.

Earth Assault, the team is barely doing anything now.

Virtua Tennis as a inhouse Sega, who knows, it will be fixed or they release a new one.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm not huge on the dimension swapping on Guacamelee. Just makes fighting and platforming more frustrating than it has to be.

The game is pretty mediocre. It just feels cheap. It's enjoyable but unremarkable. In fact, this game is such a time filler, here's a copy to whichever unlucky chump "wins" it. "Good" luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bboy AJ:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-82EDA92E1FE93E6A

t1397407204z1.png

AHA-Lambda

I'm not huge on the dimension swapping on Guacamelee. Just makes fighting and platforming more frustrating than it has to be.

The game is pretty mediocre. It just feels cheap. It's enjoyable but unremarkable. In fact, this game is such a time filler, here's a copy to whichever unlucky chump "wins" it. "Good" luck!

Agreed, it's quite overrated. An enjoyable but fairly standard metroidvania.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
You may not like it, but mediocre? Seriously? :(

Still one of my favorite games from last year. The combat and platforming felt so goood, the Mexicovania world had a whole lot of charm and it was just really fun to play. I even 100% and platinumed it, and I rarely do that (nowaday's).
Really interested to see what Drinkbox will do next, Mutant Blobs Attack! was really great as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You may not like it, but mediocre? Seriously? :(

Still one of my favorite games from last year. The combat and platforming felt so goood, the Mexicovania world had a whole lot of charm and it was just really fun to play. I even 100% and platinumed it, and I rarely do that (nowaday's).
Really interested to see what Drinkbox will do next, Mutant Blobs Attack! was really great as well.

Definitely mediocre. Time filler is the best way to describe my experience with it. What charm did it have? Outside of the one town in the beginning, there's little else going on. The map design was really bland. Little exploration. While the combat was decent, there are plenty of useless moves. The game isn't bad. It just doesn't have anything magical to it. I had an OK time playing it but I will never think about it again.

Nabs

Guacamelee is one of my favorite games from last year. The combat system is just so fluid and fun. It puts so many games to shame.

Tizoc

Thanks to Playfire and GMG, I'm inclined to get games for Steam over their GOG DRM-free counterpart (looking at you Fez XP).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Nuuvem can be trusted, right? Thinking about getting Dark Souls II from there. It's not region locked, if i'm deciphering it correctly, and includes the pre-order bonusses for just 27 Euro's. Nice price and right in my budget. :)

Navigating the website is a bit difficult, but Google Translate's my friend. :p

Cade

so what's the general consensus on Broforce as far as content goes? I've played the prototype all the way through and started over, but from what I've seen of gameplay in other stuff it doesn't look like there's too much changed (aside from more Bros and presumably a lot more levels [and online multiplayer]) but I didn't know if anyone knew what all was added.

natertots

Guacamelee is one of my favorite games from last year. The combat system is just so fluid and fun. It puts so many games to shame.

I agree with you. I sunk a lot of time into that game when it was first released on the Vita. I am in the process of playing it all over again on PC with workshop items.

Anteater

Beat Fez and on to new game+

Guess getting all the achievements is just the matter of clearing every map, I'll probably get it done through out next few days.

Nzyme32

Huh, turns out I have been earning GMG credit via playfire without even realising. Apparently I signed up in late march when I bought South Park... ok!

Might try Fez out and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom