• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try Speedrunners now, hope it's good.

I had zero expectations and/or knowledge of the game but hey, I love Micro Machines (and Micro Maniacs!) to death and Speedrunners seems very fun too. But boy is it Early Access or what? Practically unplayable half of the matches (camera getting confused, people getting stuck inside the stage (door closes, people revert back and spawn on the wrong side), crashes (two in 40 minutes)...) but when it works it's really fun.

so what's the general consensus on Broforce as far as content goes? I've played the prototype all the way through and started over, but from what I've seen of gameplay in other stuff it doesn't look like there's too much changed (aside from more Bros and presumably a lot more levels [and online multiplayer]) but I didn't know if anyone knew what all was added.

Well new enemys are also added. And it also gets alot more bros in the future.

Nuuvem can be trusted, right? Thinking about getting Dark Souls II from there. It's not region locked, if i'm deciphering it correctly, and includes the pre-order bonusses for just 27 Euro's. Nice price and right in my budget. :)

Navigating the website is a bit difficult, but Google Translate's my friend. :p

Yes "adquirir pré-venda" means purchase pre-sale, add it to your cart and select paypal.

I think the biggest issue with Nuuvem is finding a Brazillian postal code, at least it was for me, but after that it's a breeze.

fantomena

CapCom need to release the rest of the RE games on Steam. I own all of them now and I have finished RE5, RE6 and RE. Revelations (RE: ORC was trash and Im currently downloading RE4).

Zafir

Yes "adquirir pré-venda" means purchase pre-sale, add it to your cart and select paypal.

I think the biggest issue with Nuuvem is finding a Brazillian postal code, at least it was for me, but after that it's a breeze.

You don't even need a Brazilian postal code. At least, I've never needed one. Sometimes you need to use a VPN to add to basket and then turn it off before logging into paypal, but no address changing.

Is there are reason why Skyrim does not go past the logo? I click new game and it just stays at the logo.

Edit: I dont have any mods and it is a fresh install.

You don't even need a Brazilian postal code. At least, I've never needed one. Sometimes you need to use a VPN to add to basket and then turn it off before logging into paypal, but no address changing.

Well I remember not being able to purchase without completing my profile and that required a valid Brazillian postal code. It was a couple of months ago so maybe older accounts (or newer accounts) don't need a postal code.

Or maybe I did something wrong.

CapCom need to release the rest of the RE games on Steam. I own all of them now and I have finished RE5, RE6 and RE. Revelations (RE: ORC was trash and Im currently downloading RE4).
They totally need to.
I was talking to JawMuncher about RE a few days ago, and I forget how it was brought up, but we discussed how maybe RE4 Ultimate HD Edition was a way to test the waters to see if fans wanted older resident evil titles on Steam, hopefully it sold well enough to show Capcom that yes PC gamers do want these older titles.

Back in 2013, Christian Svensson said this
Requests noted guys. On the 1 – 3 front, we have been trying to get CJ(Capcom Japan) to let us update these titles to run on Win 7/8 and then get them out on more digital marketplaces for PC, but discussions have been ongoing for more than a year and we’ve not made progress
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...nt-evil-series-on-steam?post_num=15#530961731

So perhaps there is a chance Capcom will let someone port over the rest of the Resident evil games.

Zafir

Well I remember not being able to purchase without completing my profile and that required a valid Brazillian postal code. It was a couple of months ago so maybe older accounts (or newer accounts) don't need a postal code.

Or maybe I did something wrong.

I don't think I ever put an address on the site, never needed to for paypal, guess that's why.

so just had my actual birthday parties and i got 4 cakes

best birthday evar

How many of those cakes were lies?

Dear Esther is annoying me immensely! I won't finish this - I have had to start all over twice now. I just spent the last 30 minutes getting to the beautiful cave, and now I have to start from the beginning because I wanted to quit in the middle of it all.

Doesn't this game have a save function!?

This is were I got to. Will I ever complete a game. =(

settings > controls > oh hey, f6 is quick save, f7 is quick load. :p
you should also turn on the dev console and up your walk speed.

Ever since Salsa declared Guacamelee I haven't been able to bring myself to play it.

Guacamelee is one of the best games of 2013.

Are the FEZ playfire achievements recommended\tough to pursue for someone who hasn't played it at all?

I'm going through now -- and I can tell you it highly depends on whether or not you want to spend the time using a guide to get a bunch of the code requring puzzles out of the way, though I think you could get a good majority without a guide...

They totally need to.
I was talking to JawMuncher about RE a few days ago, and I forget how it was brought up, but we discussed how maybe RE4 Ultimate HD Edition was a way to test the waters to see if fans wanted older resident evil titles on Steam, hopefully it sold well enough to show Capcom that yes PC gamers do want these older titles.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...nt-evil-series-on-steam?post_num=15#530961731

So perhaps there is a chance Capcom will let someone port over the rest of the Resident evil games.

I'd rebuiy them... I'm a sucker like that.

fantomena

They totally need to.

Hopefully it won't take long. It's still very awesome to see more games that never was on PC or had an awful port on PC getting rereleased on Steam. Like the upcoming Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition.

I have actually never played RE4, so it's gonna be great to experience the game for the first time with 1080p and 60 FPS. :)

Anteater

GMG should discount DmC and add playfire rewards, I want to double dip that game and don't mind going through the achievements again :p

Pachimari

How many of those cakes were lies?

settings > controls > oh hey, f6 is quick save, f7 is quick load. :p
you should also turn on the dev console and up your walk speed.

Guacamelee is one of the best games of 2013.

I'm going through now -- and I can tell you it highly depends on whether or not you want to spend the time using a guide to get a bunch of the code requring puzzles out of the way, though I think you could get a good majority without a guide...

I'd rebuiy them... I'm a sucker like that.

I'm gonna start it up now again. I activated the console but how can I speed up the walking? I want to speed it up up until where I were before and then turn it back to normal speed.

kris.

Banned
today, i found out the hard (and very very very very dumb) way that uninstalling steam uninstalls all of your games with it. i just freed up ~700gb of space on my hard drive though!

pahamrick

today, i found out the hard (and very very very very dumb) way that uninstalling steam uninstalls all of your games with it. i just freed up ~700gb of space on my hard drive though!

Did that once when I went to reinstall Steam because I was having some issues. So, now I only keep the games I'm actively playing off and on installed.

MRORANGE

Starting to think we need a Playfire thread.

Would be a very good idea.

Someone please make it.

Maybe instead of focusing on newly released games, we could focus on games released past month? Some of which are surely getting overlooked, when you look at 'from release to bundle' time.

The thread usually discusses games that are out, the OP is more focused on 'what is coming next?' Although we could have a highlight of the month or something.

Exuro

If you already played it, you won't get the first time achievements.
Not sure this is true. I got first time rewards for games I've already played.

Still yet to hear back from support. For some reason none of the smb achievements registered and only the last 2 fez achievements were recognized. Hopefully Playfire gets this all sorted out as it's getting really annoying with the number of bugs it has.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actually speaking of which, is there a list of all GFWL games on Steam? Probably should think of beating a few before July rolls around.

One for the givers, as a way of saying thank you for all the awesome gifts I've received since I became a SteamGAF regular 6 months or so ago. There's a tiny chance that one or two of them might be used (unlikely as I've been pretty careful with building this list) - if you win one and that's the case then let me know and I'll give you something :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 51 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-3D8D078B64575ACD - Taken by Dusk Golem
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-6EAFBB8C30DAE87A - Taken by Alien8
Shattered Haven -- MB-AD5B6DE4A7FA1D4B
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-A1F06143827153FB
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-781C8012942B92AC - Taken by jon bones
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-E54D3B5FC17F1FCC - Taken by MMBosstones86
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-3F7162A559EAC1C7 - Taken by Falexandre
Little Racers STREET -- MB-DEC2E87B17228982 - Taken by EdmondD
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-7342576C993FEEE7 - Taken by natertots
Ravensword: Shadowlands #2 -- MB-02458A740C48F8A2
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-502C96C2D5F0B34F - Taken by Henry Swanson
Alien Spidy -- MB-A330DEBB55FD9A45 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-183FDA46A874484C - Taken by Diedac
Fester Mudd Ep 1 -- MB-B56BFEA585C46908 - Taken by nightstorm
Ion Assault -- MB-41EBECC7A2CE78AE - Taken by jmizzal
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-FDA2CBA20C3698E3
Iesabel -- MB-00C7FCD1B7B467F3 - Taken by Anteater
Velvet Assassin -- MB-68A3FDAB4EC82551 - Taken by Zafir
Little Inferno -- MB-18D9F336FFA672B3
Half-Minute Hero -- MB-B5F2FCC8D860C624 - Taken by _hekk05
Pressure -- MB-256EF05BEBEB2254 - Taken by Jive Turkey
Bridge Constructor -- MB-0564C5D3F1CB2895 - Taken by thrillho
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-B4E22DF86570E16D - Taken by fspm
Shivah -- MB-133DBB4A52B8DBF8 - Taken by Turfster
Zombie Shooter -- MB-78F733C4D10D5C44 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-D163186DEAF3E845 - Taken by VikasNarula
AERENA -- MB-B440D157FD4685C2
Gemini Rue -- MB-C63A18EA9E45C18B - Taken by thesaucetastic
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-DC1365C95F3F63B3 - Taken by confuziz
Savant -- MB-674A20D7FD7331B4 - Taken by Dio Brando
Thunder Wolves -- MB-EB2D8F79FB880D3B - Taken by Dambrosi
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World -- MB-FB20F2C21873422E - Taken by kurahador
Sine Mora -- MB-677326DAA85B6CBE - Taken by NingenJanai
Rune Classic -- MB-D0F0008B4F732A2F - Taken by Darth Kupi
Planets Under Attack -- MB-3C98556F973E44BB - Taken by Darth Kupi
Time Gentlemen Please -- MB-2F97DEB669D5BA9F - Taken by Henry Swanson
Data Jammers: FastForward -- MB-A4A2E8590612E2C1
Dollar Dash -- MB-01BB95BB5E30D389 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-057FFDEA76B76976 - Taken by The Dear Leader
The 39 Steps -- MB-79874D8D8A28B842 - Taken by Darth Kupi
SkyDrift -- MB-C3DDAF7A2405E159 - Taken by bornlivedie
Race Injection -- MB-03798AD7BE0C0E7D - Taken by BernardoOne
Kairo -- MB-CAE9874B48BE7D5E - Taken by PandaPedinte
Cubetractor -- MB-FF8D0A2B84876195 - Taken by didamangi
C-Rush -- MB-3238555E09C43402 - Taken by YianGaruga
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-06173EB3E09F02C4 - Taken by Garcia
Zeno Clash -- MB-9E90B5BED7AD4D1E - Taken by Darth Kupi
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-B158BF7E895C5003 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-7BA1504345E3B131 - Taken by Casimir
Gun Monkeys -- MB-CBFBF2109ADFD2EE - Taken by intheinbetween
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-DA258711A32B07C4 - Taken by Tellaerin

Tellaerin

You guys are just destroying FEZ by using guides.. :(

Went back to it for awhile last night. Figure I'll get as far as I can without a FAQ, then check one out when I hit a wall. I generally don't use FAQs or guides as a rule, but I knew going in that the game demands some things from players that I can't be arsed to do, like working out substitution cyphers with pen and paper. I'm not going to beat myself up for using a FAQ for something like that, because without one I probably wouldn't play it at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One for the givers, as a way of saying thank you for all the awesome gifts I've received since I became a SteamGAF regular 6 months or so ago. There's a tiny chance that one or two of them might be used (unlikely as I've been pretty careful with building this list) - if you win one and that's the case then let me know and I'll give you something :)

Thank you very much for Super Killer Hornet, have a weak spot for shmumps.

_hekk05

Banned

Thanks for half minute hero!!

Oh ModBot, you knew this was coming and prevented me from winning anything today. I will never doubt you again.

Dr Dogg

Man forget Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy is brutal if you don't bring your A game on some of those warp zone. GMG credit my spur me on I'll be lucky to get 5 done by the end of next week. Fucking hands are killing me!

Thank you!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man forget Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy is brutal if you don't bring your A game on some of those warp zone. GMG credit my spur me on I'll be lucky to get 5 done by the end of next week. Fucking hands are killing me!

SMB is actually hard. :)

Echoplx

Nah that one's already many pages in and is mostly for GMG deals. The playfire rewards need their own thread IMO.

True. Some more exposure for Playfire Rewards couldn't hurt either, there are probably quite a few people unaware of its existence.

Playfire rewards getting popular will bankrupt GMG.

Well, instead of getting $0 from me for DS2 they got $23, worked out pretty well for them in the end :p

didamangi

Definitely. Thank fuck I only have to finish the last of the first 5 warp zone to get the achievement.

I have 32 bandages from the last time I've played it, probably won't try getting to 50 after feeling my blood boiling just to get 3 bandages today.

Cheers :)

Alien8

Great giveaway, AScotAbroad! Thanks for Dawn of Fantasy.

Thanks mate!

Phinor

People said the same thing with steam sales.

Steam sales cost literally nothing for the developer / Steam, creating new digital copies of games is free. Playfire handing out money on the other hand is out of their own pocket. If someone saves enough to buy for example Dark Souls 2, Playfire/GMG is basically giving it away for free but they still have to pay the publisher for that sold copy. There's no comparison between Steam sales and what Playfire is doing. This is a weird experiment from their part and I'm really interested to see where this leads. GMG is rarely ever the cheapest source for games but they are giving away money to everyone, even people who only buy from GMG using credit and vouchers.

Dr Dogg

Playfire rewards getting popular will bankrupt GMG.

I can see it giving them more business due to the fact you still have to part with so e cash unless you're stock pilling credit.

SMB is actually hard. :)

Hahaha for sure. Regular game isn't too tough (well until you get to Rapture then the difficulty is just insane) but having only 3 lives per level on the Warp Zone really punishes sloppy play. Time to put some Joe Esposito on and suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom