• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They totally need to.
I was talking to JawMuncher about RE a few days ago, and I forget how it was brought up, but we discussed how maybe RE4 Ultimate HD Edition was a way to test the waters to see if fans wanted older resident evil titles on Steam, hopefully it sold well enough to show Capcom that yes PC gamers do want these older titles.

Back in 2013, Christian Svensson said this
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...nt-evil-series-on-steam?post_num=15#530961731

So perhaps there is a chance Capcom will let someone port over the rest of the Resident evil games.

Capcom should just handball the job to CDPR for the cost of temporary GOG exclusivity. This is exactly what Squeenix does.

I'm only like 60 games away from cracking the bottom there.

Congrats JaseC on being 20th! And Xelios right in front of him!

<3

Not good enough Jase. Must.buy.more.

That's what the Summer Sale is for. ;)

Benedict

Would there be any region problems (or similar) getting Might & Magic X - Legacy from Russian key traders?
waaay cheaper there...

didamangi

Would there be any region problems (or similar) getting Might & Magic X - Legacy from Russian key traders?
waaay cheaper there...

There's no ru sub on steamdb and some russian traders are already posting their price so probably not.

Dammit JaseC, go play a game or something :p

fantomena

It's not about how we take it, it's about how Playfire takes it. We're not the ones who will be getting banned, after all.

It's all squared away now. I'm not looking forward to having to contact them again though, I haven't gotten any credit since I got unbanned.

Okay. I can reveal that I tried using SAM about 2 days ago, but I got bad consciousness, so I removed the achievements using SAM and entered private profile mode.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, I re-quoted the posts because I thought I lost them. Oops. ;)

There's no ru sub on steamdb and some russian traders are already posting their price so probably not.

Dammit JaseC, go play a game or something :p

I did consider firing up Flappy Goat... but I think I'll just finish watching Snowpiercer instead. Flappy Goat can be a job for Future Jase.

Dr Dogg

Success!!! 5 Warp Zones bested. Now I've just got to grab 48 bandages. Got the feeling this is going to be much harder than I think.

Definitely. Thank fuck I only have to finish the last of the first 5 warp zone to get the achievement.

I have 32 bandages from the last time I've played it, probably won't try getting to 50 after feeling my blood boiling just to get 3 bandages today.

Hahaha you pretty much to be a borderline masochist to keep on plugging away at SMB. Despite my high death count I've kept on saying to myself "just one more go" and "this fucking time...". I'm like a rather determined lemming.

Trying to play through FEZ and I keep getting a complete black image on the background and art for the game.

Looks like this: http://imgur.com/H59stGM

Blimey it definitely shouldn't look like that. What brand of GPU do you have by the way? Integrated, AMD or Nvidia?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thanks to Bboy AJ for Portal!

You're welcome! I'm glad there were a dozen entrants. Nice to know I wasn't the only one on GAF to not have played it. Fantastic experience. Much better than this game in my other giveaway, which still hasn't been claimed, unsurprisingly. Here it is again for anyone who wants to fill their time:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bboy AJ:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-82EDA92E1FE93E6A

t1397407204z1.png

IamAwake

Success!!! 5 Warp Zones bested. Now I've just got to grab 48 bandages. Got the feeling this is going to be much harder than I think.

Hahaha you pretty much to be a borderline masochist to keep on plugging away at SMB. Despite my high death count I've kept on saying to myself "just one more go" and "this fucking time...". I'm like a rather determined lemming.

Blimey it definitely shouldn't look like that. What brand of GPU do you have by the way? Integrated, AMD or Nvidia?

AMD Radeon HD 7900 series.

Dr Dogg

AMD Radeon HD 7900 series.

Yeah AMD's Open GL support isn't in great shape. I take it you've got your graphics drivers up to date? If not might be worth updating. If you do or that doesn't fix it try running it in windowed mode. My old Mac under bootcamp used to hate OGL titles.

IamAwake

Yeah AMD's Open GL support isn't in great shape. I take it you've got your graphics drivers up to date? If not might be worth updating. If you do or that doesn't fix it try running it in windowed mode. My old Mac under bootcamp used to hate OGL titles.

I'm on the most recent drivers and I was in windowed mode when I was playing. So who knows...

didamangi

I was really enjoying the game way back when and now I can't even stand playing it for more than a couple of stages. Gotta get into that right frame of mind I guess. Playing it only for rewards probably doesn't help either.

I did consider firing up Flappy Goat... but I think I'll just finish watching Snowpiercer instead. Flappy Goat can be a job for Future Jase.

Bu...but Suarez isn't even in it. What blasphemy is this?

Overdoziz

Banned
Not a fan of how Guacamelee just throws a shitload of enemies at you to make things challenging. Game just gets more and more annoying as you progress through it.

Dr Dogg

I'm on the most recent drivers and I was in windowed mode when I was playing. So who knows...

Ah well that's a pain. Only other issue I had was when having the overlay for Precision on that the text in menus would disappear and the first part if a speech bubble would be black. Then again your issue is way, way worse.

dream

Not a fan of how Guacamelee just throws a shitload of enemies at you to make things challenging. Game just gets more and more annoying as you progress through it.

I feel the same way about Guacamelee, but I'd go a step further and say that the level design and mechanics are pretty poor too. But I'm very aware that I am in the minority here.

yuraya

I can't believe people are not liking guacamelee. I thought it was one of the better games that I played recently. It was a bit boring in the beginning but after an hour or so all the way to the end the game was amazing. I guess it isn't for everyone :(

I should go back to it sometime and get the rest of the achievements.

My GTX670 used to idle at around 35 C but now it's around 50. Should I take it out and clean it or what? Wiped it down a few months ago. Checked my fans and they're still working. Just been having some performance issues lately and I imagine the two are related.

Dr Dogg

My GTX670 used to idle at around 35 C but now it's around 50. Should I take it out and clean it or what? Wiped it down a few months ago. Checked my fans and they're still working. Just been having some performance issues lately and I imagine the two are related.

Build up of dust in the heatsink probably. Can of compressed air will do a good job but never gets everything out (Gainward do some GPUs with removable heatsinks and fans so you can completely clean everything). I've been using an old airbrush followed up by a good whip round with some anti static brushes to dust the inside on my PC for years. In fact any small compressor, electric or diaphragm, works quite well provided it's not set to a stupidly high psi like 50+. You can even use an airbed pump if you get a long nozzle. Seeing as a can of air lasts about 2 or 3 uses it's not exactly the cheapest option let alone the best.

Milamber

I've been paranoid about my GFX cards for a year now. Just last year, I took out my GTX 460 and found that the metal fins have been caked with dust and has completely blocked one fan. I had no choice but to replace it.

And last week I opened my new PC case to check on my 3 month old GTX 770 and the entire case was clean because the metal fins in my card has sucked up all the dust. I had to use a stiff brush to remove them cause an air blower couldn't.

So yeah, clean it.

DocSeuss

I've been paranoid about my GFX cards for a year now. Just last year, I took out my GTX 460 and found that the metal fins have been caked with dust and has completely blocked one fan. I had no choice but to replace it.

And last week I opened my new PC case to check on my 3 month old GTX 770 and the entire case was clean because the metal fins in my card has sucked up all the dust. I had to use a stiff brush to remove them cause an air blower couldn't.

So yeah, clean it.

STOP IT MAN, YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT

...sound advice, though. I'll check out my GPU when I can.

Anteater

are you telling me 45 degrees isn't normal? fuck

derExperte

are you telling me 45 degrees isn't normal? fuck

Idle? Modern cards shouldn't be much higher than room temperature as they turn down everything possible to save energy. Which afaik can't always happen if more than one monitor is connected but if that's not the case better check if your PC is clean.

Dr Dogg

So yeah, clean it.

Hahaha well after a vacuum cleaner, a PC will suck up the most amount of dust in anyone's house, especially if you leave it on most of the day. Even water cooled systems depending on the fan configuration collect dust. That's why it's quite important to get your expensive PC up off the floor as high as possible, on your desk if you can. When we moved and went from carpet to hardwood floors I couldn't believe how much more shit my box sucks up now, and it's not like we don't vacuum regularly.

Salsa

my OCd 680 can go up to high 80s during some heavy games and I ain't even care

it also idles pretty high

most cards are more resilient than people give them credit for. as long as you're under 100° you're most likely fine

Yolo and all that. the OC is worth it

Milamber

Hahaha well after a vacuum cleaner, a PC will suck up the most amount of dust in anyone's house, especially if you leave it on most of the day. Even water cooled systems depending on the fan configuration collect dust. That's why it's quite important to get your expensive PC up off the floor as high as possible, on your desk if you can. When we moved and went from carpet to hardwood floors I couldn't believe how much more shit my box sucks up now, and it's not like we don't vacuum regularly.

Makes sense. My PC is only off for about 1+- hour a month.

Anteater

Idle? Modern cards shouldn't be much higher than room temperature as they turn down everything possible to save energy. Which afaik can't always happen if more than one monitor is connected but if that's not the case better check if your PC is clean.

yea it's 45 atm, was only playing fez like 20mins ago, guess I really need to clean it a bit :0

Capcom should just handball the job to CDPR for the cost of temporary GOG exclusivity. This is exactly what Squeenix does.

<3

That's what the Summer Sale is for. ;)

Unfair, JaseC had been on steam for 8 years I've only been for 5. In 3 years I'll get in that list. Or I won't. Hopefully not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom