• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I'm just glad the Witcher 2 (PC) had the option of turning off bloom. Going through my backlog of last-gen console games, bloom is here, there, all-consuming. Still never finished the first act because of the obtuse combat, but still.

Salsa

I never finished The Witcher 1 and I barely played The Witcher 2. I got them both at release.

62fx62f

#JustJaseCThings

The Witcher 3 already looks 10 times more appealing to me tho.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
man I totally forgot about Killer is Dead, guess im using that money for Watch Doggies tho

also that Murdered Souls game appeals to me in a Ghost Trick way, hope it's good

I intend to use my GMG Bucks to pre-order the game for ~$20 (less still if some other sets of easy-peasy rewards pop up between now and release) but it ultimately depends on whether or not the in-game guide is a DLC app. If it's simply added in with an additional data depot then I'll likely wait for a sale instead and save the credit for something else.

topyy

That list is inaccurate. For one, it's missing some people (like myself, and hundreds of Valve employees), and the figure is pulled from the All Games tab (or rather the same data source that the tab uses), which includes F2P games with play time and, erroneously, many pieces of DLC.

Edit: Oh, and some games don't show up in the All Games tab for whatever reason. Serious Sam HD: TSE is one such example.

Edit Edit: Ah, apparently the list only includes people who have claimed their profile.

I haven't gone through the list, but I can say that VALIS is a GAFer (although he hasn't posted in almost a year), and textonly has been posting in these Steam threads here and there over the past couple of months or so.

you should add your page by yourself or other user at least (find >>find/add user>>use COMMUNITYID),nobody add your page before so no your page.
now it is working.
maybe that games number has a bug,not fixed,games number includes DLC before?

is there something wrong,quick reply= send message to myself,how did I sent a PM to myself? O.O

Dr Dogg

I'm just glad the Witcher 2 (PC) had the option of turning off bloom. Going through my backlog of last-gen console games, bloom is here, there, all-consuming. Still never finished the first act because of the obtuse combat, but still.

I know Syndicate gets some stick for over use of bloom but Oblivion takes the award hands down as the most obnoxious use of bloom last gen. Should have come packaged with sun glasses.

Overclocking a GPU sure is tedious, now I remember why I went back to default. Still, going to finish this time. Is neat seeing performance in the benchmark get better as you change the clock rate.

Salsa

Overclocking a GPU sure is tedious, now I remember why I went back to default. Still, going to finish this time. Is neat seeing performance in the benchmark get better as you change the clock rate.

really? there's a bit of leeway but mostly you just look at the numbers most people tend to push it, do that, run a couple benchmarks and you're done

you can pretty much OC any card, default is always a bit underclocked to cover their asses

unless you get greedy and such. Im on a pretty mild 680 OC that a lot of people do yet BF4 (and just BF4) gives me a blue screen after playing for a while. Only game I have to downclock for, could be partially blamed on how much of a mess that game is on PC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you should add your page by yourself or other user at least (find >>find/add user>>use COMMUNITYID),nobody add your page before so no your page.
now it is working.
maybe that games number has a bug,not fixed,games number includes DLC before?

The All Games tab has always been a little screwy like that. The profile game count, which is accurate, did include DLC in the past, but this was changed during the current Steam Community's beta phase.

is there something wrong,quick reply= send message to myself,how did I sent a PM to myself? O.O

That's a good question. :p

really? there's a bit of leeway but mostly you just look at the numbers most people tend to push it, do that, run a couple benchmarks and you're done

I should probably do bigger increments, but it still takes 2 or 3 minutes to complete a benchmark and make sure it didn't crash. Then you have to do smaller steps to see where your max is and so on.

Salsa

this is my 680 since the day I bought it

ZH3Wulb.png

did one big increment and left Heaven running all night

edit: I think I did go like 20mhz less on the clock for some reason at one point tho

Will probably get Galax on the vita but it really does look like fun. Looking forward to it.

Edit: Now heaven is crashing in fullscreen mode despite working fine the past 20 minutes. *sigh* I am terrible.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I finished Stacking. Liked it, but somehow I was expecting a more complex game, at least puzzle wise. It started out pretty straight forward, and ended that way too. Charming little game, but nothing more. Don't know if I'll go back to 100% the areas or play the dlc chapter.

Salsa

Edit: Now heaven is crashing in fullscreen mode despite working fine the past 20 minutes. *sigh* I am terrible.

keep in mind Heaven is pushing that thing to the max. It's a good way to be completely on the safe side but there's little chance that any game is gonna make your card reach the point an extended heaven benchmark does

Will probably get Galax on the vita but it really does look like fun. Looking forward to it.

If it's good enough, like Luftrausers and comes with a PS+ discount, I probably will too, though I immediately bought Luftrausers on PC after getting the Vita version because it is fantastic and I wanted to support the developer.

--

Speaking of indies, Drinkbox released a trailer/concept for their next game. At this point, I'm less than hyped as it looks like a mobile game of sorts since everything is gesture based (and it's first person too, which I think goes against their strengths I think (they excel in the 2D platforming space, IMO).

Guys, I think tonight is the night I finally load Witcher 2 up again. I got to the first town after the Prologue, and then decided to wait for the combat balance mod. Sounds like it's a bit rubbish though, and I'd be better just playing vanilla?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey does anybody know a good place to look to see the status of all the GFWL games and if they're being updated in the database or whatever?

Dr Dogg

all those GIFs..
why is SteamGAF not part of the WebM revolution

As great as it is that there's a big fuss about WebM it's not a .gif replacement. A better alternative would be .apng or .webp as they are both lossless and more importantly not bloody video files! You've been able to embed .mp4 container 120fps videos in chrome for years but no one jumped on that but WebM comes along and everyone is acting like it's a dawn of a new age.

Hahaha right my cranky arse needs to get some sleep.

valeo

As great as it is that there's a big fuss about WebM it's not a .gif replacement. A better alternative would be .apng or .webp as they are both lossless and more importantly not bloody video files! You've been able to embed .mp4 container 120fps videos in chrome for years but no one jumped on that but WebM comes along and everyone is acting like it's a dawn of a new age.

This. Been saying the same thing; people are jumping on the wrong bandwagon.

Sajjaja

iBUs6nKQ8j1dn.gif

wilflare

yea I noted that too but hey, whatever works!
if WebP, APNG is a better replacement, post it too! (we just need Andrex to update his extension to show it if necessary!)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hey does anybody know a good place to look to see the status of all the GFWL games and if they're being updated in the database or whatever?

There's no good place because there's no actual information about anything. The few sites who have reached out to publishers have got pretty noncommittal answers or none at all. I would be extremely skeptical of anyone who says that such-and-such a publisher is talking about patching their game, ergo it'll be patched.

Here are the GFWL games currently on sale on Steam:
Blacklight: Tango Down
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition * Has a beta branch, widely believed to be being patched, but no one knows for sure.
Dark Void * Was released as a GFWL game but it's not clear if uses GFWL on Steam. Enhanced Steam just says SecuROM.
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Dirt 3
F1 2010
F1 2011
Fallout 3 * Inert, GFWL not needed to play, but it's not clear if the game still has GFWL or not.
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Iron Brigade
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet 2
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Section 8 * Buy button disabled, presumably being removed?
Section 8: Prejudice
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Street Fighter IV / Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition * Not being patched, but possible upgrade path to Ultimate SF4
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition * Not being patched, but possible upgrade path to Ultimate SF4
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends * This is the only game I'm not sure on whether or not it actually requires GFWL.
Virtua Tennis 4
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II + Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising * I believe this is going to be patched or has, but the situation for these games has never been clear to me.

There are also quite a few removed games; The Club, Stormrise, and... I wanna say at least one other SEGA game got removed this week. Bulletstorm. FUEL. Dirt 2. Fable III. No one knows if these games will get patched and re-added or not. I believe at least one of the racing games has a separate app, implying it'll be rereleased.

Tenrius

And now I have 700 thanks to mannerbot and his unexpected shenanigans.

Let it be known that I, Tenrius, shall be adding "the Heptacentous" to the long list of my titles and accolades on this day, 14th of April, in year 2014 Anno Domini.

If anyone wants Skulls of the Shogun 75% off coupon, shoot me a PM, and it's yours. It's valid for one more day. It brings down the price of the game to 3.5€, and I would gladly buy it, but knowing myself, I won't play it any time soon.

(yep, checked it, it's valid "until Tue Apr 15 2014 21:37:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Daylight Time)")

ShogunX

It's that time again!!!

Desura key that Can be redeemed on Steam. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-2A71563A469BCFFE - Taken by topyy. 19 entrants total.

t1397447435z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom