• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

The more I think about it, the more I want a platformer with Fez's aesthetics and Super Meat Boy's gameplay. ("Super Fez Boy"? Or "Super Meat Fez", though that evokes the mental image of hats made out of meat... )

jediyoshi

Just spotted on r/GlobalOffensive

udFlGYh.png

A knife worthy of gabe himself

I just want to chime in on the Dragon Commander conversation. Yeah, the political stuff is broken in the sense that you can essentially game everyone and just give them all what they want eventually. However, that sort of defeats the fun of the political stuff; going in with the desire to support one group and sabotage another, or trying to play with real-world ideals, or just picking what you think is the funniest sounding option is the way to go.

I blew through Dragon Commander using the auto-resolve function for as many battles as possible and toying around with the politics and had a blast. It's one of the few games in recent memory that tries to riff on current events without being completely embarrassing. There's some really hilarious writing in there.

The fundamentalist religious skeletons are a highlight.

jediyoshi

That's a dot, not a comma. I think they paid $23, no?

$23,850

http://www.hltv.org/forum/573194-12k-for-a-skin

Update

The first StatTrak Bayonett CrimsonWeb was sold a few minutes ago. The new owner denied to say what is going to happen with the knife and asked to keep his identity private.

http://s29.postimg.org/5usboczlj/asd.png

The lucky guy who just recieved his money will also tell you the story how he got this knife and how the knife may have influenced his life. Right now he is just shocked.

I just want to chime in on the Dragon Commander conversation. Yeah, the political stuff is broken in the sense that you can essentially game everyone and just give them all what they want eventually. However, that sort of defeats the fun of the political stuff; going in with the desire to support one group and sabotage another, or trying to play with real-world ideals, or just picking what you think is the funniest sounding option is the way to go.

I blew through Dragon Commander using the auto-resolve function for as many battles as possible and toying around with the politics and had a blast. It's one of the few games in recent memory that tries to riff on current events without being completely embarrassing. There's some really hilarious writing in there.

The fundamentalist religious skeletons are a highlight.
I like the lizards best, the rest of them are either super conservative or super liberal.

Arthea

I know I'm very late to this party, but I can't express enough my hope that new Civ is new Alpha Centauri. OTOH we are all doomed together with our backlogs if it'll turn to be just that. (><)

Dambrosi

Banned
I know I'm very late to this party, but I can't express enough my hope that new Civ is new Alpha Centauri. OTOH we are all doomed together with our backlogs if it'll turn to be just that. (><)
Christ, I don't even have Brave New World yet, and they're releasing another expansion? BNW better be cheap as chips in the Summer Sale.

The first StatTrak Bayonett CrimsonWeb was sold a few minutes ago. The new owner denied to say what is going to happen with the knife and asked to keep his identity private.

I sincerely hope this is money laundering.

The alternative is either some kid is about to get into the biggest trouble of their life, or somebody actually paid that amount of money for a digital knife.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Christ, I don't even have Brave New World yet, and they're releasing another expansion? BNW better be cheap as chips in the Summer Sale.

It's a new instalment (I don't want to say "sequel" since it's not named Civ6), not an expansion.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is it worth upgrading my gtx550ti now or should I wait for some next big thing? (It might actually be a 560ti, I am going off memory)

Stuff runs fine but it was the one part i skimped on when i build my computer, with the promise to upgrade it before a certain time, and that time is today.

Groupees Retro 3

For a minimum of $1 you get:

* Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi (Steam, DRM-Free)
* Another Perspective (Desura, DRM-Free, Greenlight)
* 6180 the moon - Deluxe (Desura, DRM-Free, Greenlight)
* Noir Syndrome (Desura, DRM-Free, Greenlight)

For a minimum of $3 you also get:

* Dreaming Sarah (Desura, DRM-Free, Greenlight)
* The LootCastle (Desura, DRM-Free)
* Litil Divil (Steam, DRM-Free)
* Droid Assault (Steam, DRM-Free)
* Dreaming Sarah OST

Pretty good, only one seems to not come with a steam key eventually.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it worth upgrading my gtx550ti now or should I wait for some next big thing? (It might actually be a 560ti, I am going off memory)

Stuff runs fine but it was the one part i skimped on when i build my computer, with the promise to upgrade it before a certain time, and that time is today.
Uh, dunno how far you skimped, meaning, how new your computer is... What are you running on, that we might determine if you'd be bottlenecking the next big thing?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's with the knee-jerk reactions in every sys req thread since this gen began?

Because the PS4/X1 utilise "off-the-shelf" components, more than a few people were convinced -- and convinced others -- during the pre-release phase that current higher-end PCs would be able to handle future PC games just fine. "The 2500K wipes the floor with AMD CPUs and the PS4's GPU is basically a 7850 so your GTX 680 will last you for a good while yet" and other similarly fanciful assumptions didn't take long to gain traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom