• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Thanks chubigans for CSD! Looking forward to seeing how it plays on the PC and the new mode!

It's a fun game that everyone needs to play!

18 years from this exact moment, I was born, so that kicks off my big giveaway. I was hoping to do a bigger one, but Steam is always at it :( Good luck!

Happy birthday!

I was 18 once, and according to Wikipedia, it was only a few weeks before Facebook launched in 2004.

I'm always surprised to see people under 21 on the internet for some reason. My brother turns 18 in August and i found out yesterday he was on Twitter.......my little brother! ON TWITTER? It seemed like only last week he was playing with his WWE toys.

ANYWAY, BACK TO STEAM GUYS, i have some memories to weep over.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Once we got past the cartoony aesthetics and played a bit of it, she admitted to having nightmares like this back when she was doing her surgery rotation. Arms just out of control, no dexterity, organs being flung about, etc.

I did get a laugh at the start of the first thing and her immediate response was "oh he's already dead" in response to the lack of proper covering and prep.

Thanks for this good sir. Genuinely made me laugh out loud. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I quit Beyond Good & Evil when I hit the first real dungeon out of boredom. I wasn't able to get myself to play it. The "charm" didn't work on me at all.

Blizzard

Banned
I quit Beyond Good & Evil when I hit the first real dungeon out of boredom. I wasn't able to get myself to play it. The "charm" didn't work on me at all.
To be fair, it only works on people with souls.

(I wasn't charmed and quit very early as well, but I'm willing to try it again some day)

It's 11 years old now. I loved the game when it first came out, I owned it on every platform but PC and played through it from start to finish as many times. If achievements were a thing back then I would've 100%'d it on PS2, GC and Xbox. I don't honestly know if it will hold up but the psuedo-announcement of Beyond Good & Evil 2, Michel Ancel flashing a poster of Jade's new design in some let's play of a Rayman game, has got me kind of hankering to revisit the original for the fourth time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/toxic-bundle/

GRRR. Really torn on this new toxic bundle. I have never played the stalker series before but I don't just want one game. I would rather pay a bit more and get all three.

The other games aren't bad, but don't really interest me either. Decisions Decisions....

What do you guys think of the bundle? Have some of you played most of the games?
Just a heads-up, this bundle also contains Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, which isn't advertised on the bundle page but appeared on my keys list once I bought it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
what to believe...

Gxg8ohR.png

Jfma7wT.png

Let's give some love to the late night crew.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-3644C13F29E79D83 - Taken by Alduin. 10 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-5E336D19B245FE71 - Taken by zeroOman. 5 entrants total.
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition -- MB-0F40C0FD5A71B053 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 16 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-A4BB192913AD1DBD - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 5 entrants total.

t1397538887z1.png

These is a free for all code left over from my raffle earlier in the day:
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-BC2D99A2B3A2D276

Good luck!

Decided to get Arkham Origins Blackgate from GMG. Couldn't say no to $8.

You really should've said no. It's better than Strider, but I wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone.

I might do that too. It's probably better than Mirror of Fate..

Wrong.

Mirror of Fate HD was a good time. If you can get that game for <$10, I'd recommend it. Blackgate, however, has almost nothing going for it. I spent about $8 on MoF and $12 on Blackgate; the best thing, by far, Blackgate has going for it is that there were a ton of Playfire rewards. Most of those are now expired and those remaining are not doable in the time that's left, for the most part.

Grief.exe

Is there a point of no return I have to worry about in Fez? Or can I go back and clean up some of these collectibles I inevitably miss out on after the finish?

Is there a point of no return I have to worry about in Fez? Or can I go back and clean up some of these collectibles I inevitably miss out on after the finish?

Well, if you enter the last room (where you trigger the ending), you have to start New Game+.

But this is mostly a good thing because you gain access to the sunglasses and the ability to fly. All of your inventory carries foward and everything collected/solved remains so.

So the answer is "sorta, but not really".

maneil99

Jasec or anyone else that bought stormrise I need help, got the game for a friend, it activates on steam fine but the key that is used to activate on steam doesnt fit gfwl.

Miker

I finished it, despite not really loving it. The stealth wasn't great. The story wasn't amazing
the truth about Jade's identity kinda came out of nowhere
, and the combat sure as hell wasn't good. That said, Pey'J was a cool character - better than Jade at any rate, I can't remember anything about her - and the game is more than the sum of its parts.

Having a problem with Steam. I tried buying Dark Souls 2 using the credit in my wallet plus going through Paypal for what was left over. I get to the part via Paypal where it's suppose to go back to Steam to complete the transaction but it never goes back. I then tried purchasing the addition credit for my Steam wallet via enhanced Steam and after I clicked 'Process' or complete transaction it just kept loading. Finally I exited and tried doing the purchase via Steam itself and it says 'There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.'

Anybody ever experience this?

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bridge Constructor -- MB-8330B73464A5E7A5 - Taken by Caerith. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-69BB01B2AC7E4A8E - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-5A7192AFACFC360E - Taken by Tellaerin. 14 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-DC67B2BB9FAC8A2D
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge -- MB-C38E066641075767 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive -- MB-E5B1B825586DA61E - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Heroes of Annihilated Empires -- MB-C6E68C0A44BC6F61 - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-7B9A160BAE31257E - Taken by Volimar. 22 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-E01DA47E227D2A92 - Taken by Iron Badger. 9 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-8D5E6E1238319A99 - Taken by yoshizzle
Runespell: Overture -- MB-966843CE600B1079 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Savant -- MB-9837BEA1C101D02F - Taken by SalsaShark. 6 entrants total.
Shadow Man -- MB-79E8B41B67E42297 - Taken by gabbo. 13 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-8AB0E170B7A33552 - Taken by Diedac. 9 entrants total.
Xotic Complete -- MB-E4E11737D5E4992E - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

t1397540642z1.png

Levyne

Banned
You really should've said no. It's better than Strider, but I wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone.

Wrong.

Mirror of Fate HD was a good time. If you can get that game for <$10, I'd recommend it. Blackgate, however, has almost nothing going for it. I spent about $8 on MoF and $12 on Blackgate; the best thing, by far, Blackgate has going for it is that there were a ton of Playfire rewards. Most of those are now expired and those remaining are not doable in the time that's left, for the most part.

Hmm. Alright. I just entered the second 'act" of MoF, will see if it gets better. First was really drab.

catabarez

Wrong.

I prefer strider

Wrong.

I agree that MoF is somewhat better than Blackgate, but how can you possibly say that both of them are better than Strider and be dead serious about it? Do you prefer clunky slow gameplay to something that's actually fast and responsive in comparison? Or are you just grumpy because the game didn't turn out the way you imagined a new Strider game would do?

EdmondD

Betrayer is the next game from that team. They were working on something else before they left Monolith. No idea what.

But yeah, Betrayer has some of the most intense fights I've ever been in, and it's mostly bows/arrows/muzzle-loaded weapons. It's a superb game that ends just as it begins to wear out its welcome.
I'm very interested in Betrayer. Looks really cool. I'm a huge Monolith fan. How long did it take you to beat it? Worth the asking price?

Here's a kind of interesting fan on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games that might be obvious coming from me... But which of the games would you guys say has the best horror element? I know the series isn't a straight-up horror series at all, but it is the part that appeals most to me and an element I'm aware exists in the games.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl has the best horror elements and it also happens to be the best game in the series. Go with that one. Call of Pripyat is pretty good too.

By the way have you checked out Contagion? I bought during the summer sale and I really enjoy it despite some rough areas here and there. The level design is great. Huge levels with amazing attention to details. Great atmosphere.

DocSeuss

I'm very interested in Betrayer. Looks really cool. I'm a huge Monolith fan. How long did it take you to beat it? Worth the asking price?

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl has the best horror elements and it also happens to be the best game in the series. Go with that one. Call of Pripyat is pretty good too.

By the way have you checked out Contagion? I bought during the summer sale and I really enjoy it despite some rough areas here and there. The level design is great. Huge levels with amazing attention to details. Great atmosphere.

Six hours for Betrayer. Not sure about the asking price. I paid $15 for it on Early Access, and I'm pretty happy with that, though I've put more time into games like Blood Dragon (got it free with my GPU, so I beat it on Uplay, not Steam, in case anyone decides to see how much time I spent on it there) and Case Zero. I'll probably jump back into it, but I'm not sure how many more of those super intense fights I'll encounter when I do.

I think all three STALKER games have great horror elements. Call of Pripyat, in a rare instance of not being the only boring game in the series, has one sequence where you walk through... well, something surprising. Then nothing happens. I think Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl are better. Some of Clear Sky's underground stuff is just brilliant.

Contagion was pretty bad based on the first level I played.

Grim Dawn is pretty awesome. Out of the few early access games I've bought into Grim Dawn definitely has been the most fun to play and feels the most complete. Divinity Original Sin by comparison feels more like a collection of mechanics that could make for a really interesting rpg but the pacing and structure doesn't feel quite "there". Grim Dawn just feels like it's lacking some narrative bits and that's kind of it. Mostly an intro to sort of explain the world and what's happening but after playing Diablo 3 so much recently, it's been kind of nice to play an action-rpg where I'm not constantly hitting escape to dodge some ham fisted dialogue laden cutscene or scripted moment.

The soundtrack Steve Pardo has done for it is pretty awesome...

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_music.php

natertots

So this is my first time playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. I have to say that I am having a lot of fun so far. I never knew much about the series, being a console gamer, since very recently. I am really looking forward to spending some time with Clear Sky and possible picking up the rest of series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom