• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

I'm currently rocking a GTX 770 and if I want to experience a constant 60 fps on currently released games at 1080p, I need to SLI another GTX 770 on that. But doing so requires that I also change my PSU to a minimum 850 Watt (1000 Watt recommended).

Are you talking about maxed out or just 1080p/60fps? Cause my 660ti is weaker than your card and I run everything on high/ultra at 1080/60.

hohoXD123

I'm surprised my graphics card works with no hitches to run games on highest quality settings, 60fps. AMD Radeon 7770.

I got this PC thinking the graphics card was outdated and I'd have to replace it but chose one that purposely had decent RAM and a fantastic cooling system, but I thought I'd have to replace the graphics card, but so far I've had absolutely no problems for even modern games on full settings and performance. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how it does it, and been working fine now for two years with modern games, but certain somewhere in the near future I'll have to replace it.

Throw Witcher 3 at it when it comes out, see if AMD didn't somehow give you a 290x instead.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Fear 3 single player is pretty much straight up garbage. Is the multiplayer populated these days?

I have no idea, though as FEAR 3 was in a bundle I'm sure a lot of GAF'ers have it (about a third of my friend list, which is almost 200 people, own the game on my side), and I think the multiplayer is the type that'd be more fun with people you can talk to anyways.

Some you'd probably be fine with randoms, but then for the mode F**king Run, if one person dies you all lose, so that I would imagine would work much better with people you actually know/can communicate with, especially as its very frantic.

Also the last mode I didn't mention is my personal least favorite, but still not bad. Basically three people play as soldiers and one person is selected randomly to be a phantom, the phantom uses enemies that start spawning to kill the soldiers. When a human is killed, they comes back to life, as a phantom. Humans win if there's one survivor before time runs out or they kill all the phantoms, phantoms win if they kill all the humans.

The above mode, the Soul King mode, and Contractions maybe (the CoD zombies-like mode) are probably fine with randoms though, but I can say they've been a blast with friends.

Tizoc

30 mins to go!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Motte Island -- MB-AC19D3C829DD51D5 - Taken by Casimir. 13 entrants total.

t1397563376z1.png

Free Nexus at the Watch Dogs preview event? lol

Man, if Valve ever do a preview event, I hope they'll give out free hats, crates or some shit like that.

fantomena

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Betrayer -- MB-031B1B5BBB113ECE - Taken by didamangi. 42 entrants total.

t1397572730z1.png

Valve would just give away a Steam key to a limited edition TF2 hat that would sell for hundreds of dollars.

Speaking of which, that news the other day about that CSGO knife being sold for $24,000 seems to be fake, according to threads on reddit.

Dr Dogg

Ruh roh! Amazon.co.uk just emailed me to say my Collectors Ed of Dark Souls II isn't going to be with me until 2nd May. Hopefully it's just amazon being amazon or the usually European retail kerfuffle. Fingers crossed really, really hard now.

Free Nexus at the Watch Dogs preview event? lol

Man, if Valve ever do a preview event, I hope they'll give out free hats, crates or some shit like that.

The gaming press get such rubbish swag. Sure a Nexus 7 is nice, for the day or 2 you play around with it but the appeal kind of wears off after then.

Now a fair way back one of the distributors for Mars came to a publisher I used to work for and offered us a joint promotion for a new brand of chocolate called Mars Planets (a bit like M&M's). Needless to say we said yes and took them up on an offer of 500 to send out to subscribers and readers. Turns out 500 wasn't the amount of packets but boxes. These things where sat in the office for months. I'm surprised someone from Environmental Health didn't shut us down as the hallways and one of the fire escapes were blocked. Surprisingly quite nice though and way better than the boatload of Virgin Cola we were lumbered with.

hohoXD123

Ruh roh! Amazon.co.uk just emailed me to say my Collectors Ed of Dark Souls II isn't going to be with me until 2nd May. Hopefully it's just amazon being amazon or the usually European retail kerfuffle. Fingers crossed really, really hard now.

The gaming press get such rubbish swag. Sure a Nexus 7 is nice, for the day or 2 you play around with it but the appeal kind of wears off after then.

Now a fair way back one of the distributors for Mars came to a publisher I used to work for and offered us a joint promotion for a new brand of chocolate called Mars Planets (a bit like M&M's). Needless to say we said yes and took them up on an offer of 500 to send out to subscribers and readers. Turns out 500 wasn't the amount of packets but boxes. These things where sat in the office for months. I'm surprised someone from Environmental Health didn't shut us down as the hallways and one of the fire escapes were blocked. Surprisingly quite nice though and way better than the boatload of Virgin Cola we were lumbered with.

Please tell me you at least filled a room with the sweets and went swimming in them.

Nah, it looks rubbish. Don't enter.

>.>

Agreed, looks really bad.

<_<

Good luck to you all and JaseC

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-E30A3C170B07364E
The Swapper -- MB-A7F7DECB482E2634
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-12DD46D839AE4E95
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-5F6126CAE82D9C5D
Metro: Last Light -- MB-CCDC932E09C22F95
BIT.TRIP Beat -- MB-BC145B3BC6E9D685
BIT.TRIP Runner -- MB-9D6690F6DE08319E

t1397573451z1.png

fantomena

Great, giveaway, Dunder. Metro is the best there.

When it coems to Betrayer I did actually like it alot. Not agreed with IGNs 5/10 review.

Is Dark Souls 2 region locked? Was gonna buy it from Nuuvem but there's this disclamer "REGION LOCKED: Esse jogo não poderá ser jogado no Japão"

My portugese is nonexistant.

Bah! Just had the same email about my Black Armour edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom