• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
While we're on the subject of tea, I'm getting ready to move again and once again need to prune my tea backlog. One of the ways I've been upping my consumption has been doing big jugs of unsweetened iced tea (also practicing my impression of US Southerners, I guess?). I've been using 4-5 bags or equivalent loose tea in ballers, boiling a full kettle, steeping for a few minutes, and then adding lemon slices and putting it in the fridge to cool. A lot of the recipes I see online say to make a smaller amount of hot tea concentrate and then water it down with cold water. Any tips or recommendations?

A Southerner would be disappointed you aren't using a sugar to liquid ratio of 1:1. Thankfully I'm in the North and love it unsweetened.

Yeah, there are a few ways to brew tea that result in different kinds of brews.

The method you described is popular for making quantity tea and there's nothing that's wrong or should be done differently. You can also do a cold-brew version of this method, where you use cold water and an appropriate ratio of tea(bags) and put the whole thing in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours. People suggest this method often produces a "mellower" tea that's less astringent.

The method I use most often, which I later found out is apparently called the Japanese method, is to brew a concentrate and dilute with water and/or ice. The benefit here is that you can switch up what you're making and you can make exactly the amount you need at a moment's notice.

Here are the steps I follow:

For regular iced tea:
1) use the same amount of tea but half the amount of water used)
2) brew for recommended time (also add any desired sweetener at this stage)
3) fill large glass (pint glass works great) with ice.
4) pour brewed tea over ice, stir to combine. The hot tea should melt enough of the ice to dilute the concentrate and still have enough ice to chill your beverage.

Next level procedure:
1) follow basic steps above, but use just a quarter of the water you'd normally use.
2) pour over ice and add sparkling water to taste.

Boom. Tea soda.

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ULTRATRON -- MB-FAA8A2C2C2F244DB - Taken by zeroOman
GUN MONKEYS -- MB-158D4FF6E2837F2B - Taken by lucebuce12

Take them all, please:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Plazma Being (Desura) -- MB-EB770103B84FECA1 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
ulgzbKC.png
Astroloco (Desura) -- MB-AEC8F95F18F4AC83 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
ulgzbKC.png
Master Reboot (Desura) -- MB-549BCEE2622D7F2D - Taken by wazoo
A-Train 8 #2 -- MB-59DAC0511E90718A - Taken by _hekk05
Sang-Froid #2 -- MB-45E1C7E90B7BEBAF - Taken by MMBosstones86
ulgzbKC.png
Home Sheep Home 2 (Desura) -- MB-61D556232E24B37D - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-A7215262B3691209
ulgzbKC.png
The Loot Castle (Desura) -- MB-9755C780376CEE29
ulgzbKC.png
Blasted Fortress (Desura) -- MB-F4FBE7CC6580025C - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump Castle (Desura) -- MB-5840D6AF03C93A28
ulgzbKC.png
Another Perspective (Desura) -- MB-CF51125215804A55 - Taken by Dusk Golem
A New Beginning Final Cut #2 -- MB-CCB0082E963587A9 - Taken by JPizzle84
ulgzbKC.png
Noir Syndrome (Desura) -- MB-F183084449488BD4 - Taken by More_Badass
Gun Monkeys -- MB-E4FE26AE152F8A94 - Taken by ShogunX
Rune Classic -- MB-B2929DC1AF78A4C0 - Taken by didamangi
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-2EC99C9378D76FC7 - Taken by Vecks
ulgzbKC.png
Cafe 0 The Drowned Mermaid (Desura) -- MB-8D3FDE2EBE989E1C
ulgzbKC.png
Spectrum (Desura) -- MB-CD7887367B5A14F4 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

MUnited83

For you.
1C self-publishing the game may mean no Steam keys.

Let's hope they take an example of KISS's behaviour regarding Gun Metal and Guilty Gear Isuka, where they provided steam keys for a bundle that happened when they weren't the publishers of those games.

derExperte

GIMMEFUEL

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

FUEL.jpg

FUEL -- MB-4C2A730E076BCE59 - Taken by Megasoum. 31 entrants total.

t1397680372z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
goddamn it, entered for master reboot and its in that new groupees bundle... sigh, ill pay it forward if I win

Dr Dogg

Batman: Arkham Origins just pushed through an 800mb update. Story DLC out today?

Yeah, rooibos is caffeine free, so it won't help with those kind of needs.

Though mix some rooibos (decaffeinate) with some yerba mate (very caffeinated) and you have some tasty stuff with the buzz you require.

This is not some meta-commentary about me sidelining a sidelined discussion, by the way. Seriously, mix the two together.

Hmmm never thought about making a blend. Cheers will have to try a few out. Rooibos certainly has a very distinct flavour that I'm quite partial to.

Reposting for new page - still some left:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
Plazma Being (Desura) -- MB-EB770103B84FECA1
ulgzbKC.png
Astroloco (Desura) -- MB-AEC8F95F18F4AC83
ulgzbKC.png
Master Reboot (Desura) -- MB-549BCEE2622D7F2D
A-Train 8 #2 -- MB-59DAC0511E90718A - Taken by _hekk05
Sang-Froid #2 -- MB-45E1C7E90B7BEBAF
ulgzbKC.png
Home Sheep Home 2 (Desura) -- MB-61D556232E24B37D
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-A7215262B3691209
ulgzbKC.png
The Loot Castle (Desura) -- MB-9755C780376CEE29
ulgzbKC.png
Blasted Fortress (Desura) -- MB-F4FBE7CC6580025C
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump Castle (Desura) -- MB-5840D6AF03C93A28
ulgzbKC.png
Another Perspective (Desura) -- MB-CF51125215804A55
A New Beginning Final Cut #2 -- MB-CCB0082E963587A9
ulgzbKC.png
Noir Syndrome (Desura) -- MB-F183084449488BD4
Gun Monkeys -- MB-E4FE26AE152F8A94 - Taken by ShogunX
Rune Classic -- MB-B2929DC1AF78A4C0 - Taken by didamangi
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-2EC99C9378D76FC7
ulgzbKC.png
Cafe 0 The Drowned Mermaid (Desura) -- MB-8D3FDE2EBE989E1C
ulgzbKC.png
Spectrum (Desura) -- MB-CD7887367B5A14F4 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

aasoncott

Ugh. Steam wouldn't open for me last night, and this morning I still can't get it to run. I've tried rebooting a handful of times, running it as administrator, downloading the installer and reinstalling, deleting everything except steamapps and steam.exe and letting Steam rebuild itself, deleting EVERYTHING and instealling a fresh copy of Steam, disabling my network adapter...no matter what I do, it just hangs when I try to run it. I'm not amused.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Debating on whether or not to pick up the rest of the Telltale games stuff I'm missing from the GMG sale.

Sam and Max Season 1 and 2
Law and Order
Strong Bad
Monkey Island

Comes out to about $29 after the coupon.

If I got those, I would have every Telltale game on Steam except The Wolf Among Us, which I'll probably pick up when it's complete and on sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ultratron -- MB-3393CF2C8AF12343 - Taken by scorpscarx
Gun Monkeys -- MB-CC18955BF27B8C10 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Rhaknar

someone grab gun monkeys, it comes with 2 copies so you can give the other to a buddy and play some matches, its actually pretty fun

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Debating on whether or not to pick up the rest of the Telltale games stuff I'm missing from the GMG sale.

Law and Order
Strong Bad
Monkey Island

If I got those, I would have every Telltale game on Steam except The Wolf Among Us, which I'll probably pick up when it's complete and on sale.

Monkey Island goes on sale somewhat regularly and has been cheaper. I'd definitely focus on the weird or less popular stuff that is at a higher risk of the license lapsing.

Premium Play Darkness

Also I've cleaned up my desktop and added a proper dark wallpaper now. Much more civil, hope you're all happy...

You call that clean?
Code:
[IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/MavromatisLozay/2014-04-16_20-57-24_zpsb9cb54bb.jpg[/IMG]
This is clean.

Nzyme32

Law and Order
Strong Bad
Monkey Island

Monkey Island is great. Sam and Max and Strong bad certainly have their great episodes but some equally bad ones. Law and order, if it is the same as the wii, is pretty dire but also quite hilarious http://youtu.be/BgJokBv-eQo?t=30s

aku:jiki

Ultratron is so great, it's probably in the top three best dualsticks on Steam (together with Geometry Wars and Mutant Storm).

I just wish they had left out that cunt motherfucker with the bomb, he brings the whole game down. :(

inm8num2

Man, my ratio of Steam bundles to aspirational bundles filled with useless Desura keys has been pretty bad lately. My "list of bundle games that don't yet have steam keys" list is probably at almost 200 games or so now :p

I wonder...how do people keep track of all their bundles and keys? I use a custom spreadsheet but even that gets confusing time to time.

Groupees recently upgraded their account system to allow marking keys as 'used', which is nice. I wish all these services sent emails or had some other type of account notification when new keys are added, like for Greenlit games. I use the IGBwiki for this, though.

It would be great if there were some site where you could log/import/track bundle purchases. That way keep everything in one place, have a search filter for your collection, etc.

Benedict

Happy Odins day!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-1094A7AC5C0B0E1A - Taken by snoopeasystreet. 2 entrants total.
Master Reboot -- MB-571626FE514055FA - Taken by Scipius. 6 entrants total.

t1397672184z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Monkey Island goes on sale somewhat regularly and has been cheaper. I'd definitely focus on the weird or less popular stuff that is at a higher risk of the license lapsing.

While I have seen Monkey Island on sale a few times, I don't recall seeing it cheaper than 75% off. In fact, Enhanced Steam says that it's current price of $8.74 is the cheapest it's ever been. With the 20% off coupon it's actually only $6.99.

Maybe you're thinking of the other (non-Telltale) Monkey Island games?

maty

While I have seen Monkey Island on sale a few times, I don't recall seeing it cheaper than 75% off. In fact, Enhanced Steam says that it's current price of $8.74 is the cheapest it's ever been. With the 20% off coupon it's actually only $6.99.

If you are talking about Tales of Monkey Island, it was once sold for $5 on Steam some years ago. But I think that was the only time it was on sale for that price.

EDIT: I was about to post the same image as Stump, maybe enchanced steam didn't show it because of the name difference.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Nope, it's been cheaper:
nkZeIsZ.png

http://steamdb.info/sub/2636/#section_apps

I wonder...how do people keep track of all their bundles and keys? I use a custom spreadsheet but even that gets confusing time to time.

Groupees recently upgraded their account system to allow marking keys as 'used', which is nice. I wish all these services sent emails or had some other type of account notification when new keys are added, like for Greenlit games. I use the IGBwiki for this, though.

It would be great if there were some site where you could log/import/track bundle purchases. That way keep everything in one place, have a search filter for your collection, etc.

Personally, have a text file that is separated by service and looks like this:
Code:
IndieRoyale

ElfSquad7								Xmas
The Oil Blue								Xmas
Super Crossfire								New Years
Serious Sam Kamikaze							Serious Sam
Serious Sam The Greek Encounter						Serious Sam
Kingdom for Keflings							NinjaBee
Outpost Kaloki								NinjaBee
Band of Bugs								NinjaBee
Inferno+								Spring
Switch*Stitch								July Jubilee
Squids									Gone Fishing
Platformance								Gone Fishing
The Network								Oktoberfest
Reprisal								Fall				*
BasketBelle								Harvest
Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery					Stuffing
100% Orange Juice							Back to School			*
Apple Jack 1 and 2							Back to School
Plazma Being								Back to School
XenoMiner								Birthday Bundle
Zombusters								Birthday Bundle
Airship Dragoon								Debut 9
Little Trus Man								Debut 9	
Sky Nations								Debut 9
Inescapable								Debut 9
Dark Gates								Debut 9
Chronicles of a Dark Lord						Debut 9
Infinite Loop								Debut 9
Chopper Mike								Meteorite
Zombies on a Plane							Florida
Space Ranger - Arcade Shooter Kit					Florida

-----
Flying Bundle

Basketbelle								5
POP Methodology Experiment One						5
Astroloco: Worst Contact						Greenlight
Blasted Fortress							Greenlight
Conniption								Greenlight
Deep Eclipse								Greenlight
Plazma Being								Greenlight
Spectrum: A puzzle platformer						Greenlight
etc. I list every single game from a Bundle I've bought that doesn't have a Steam key, no matter what.

And then I use IGBwiki.com Keys Added to alert me to keys being added, as well as just looking through Steam new releases. If a game shows up that Enhanced Steam says was in a bundle, I'll CTRL+F through the file.

jshackles

If you are talking about Tales of Monkey Island, it was once sold for $5 on Steam some years ago. But I think that was the only time it was on sale for that price.

Yeah I just looked into that and saw it was 86% off back in October of 2010 - before my Steam account existed (no wonder I missed the sale).

Might have to send that correction to my guy at IsThereAnyDeal as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Either way, I'll probably still pick it up from GMG since the last time it was cheaper than that was three and a half years ago.

Giever

I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I suppose I will just to warn some folks. Apparently the guy(s?) behind NEStalgia are assholes, at least according to this post on reddit that I found, which came with tons of screenshots and such of all the asshattery:

minus.com/iboVOaTZWg0aDl.png

webcitation.org/6BChczQY3

Suggested reading before playing NEStalgia, the developer may permanently ban you and steal your lifetime subscription money for reasons ranging from 'Telling him to leave your private forum' to 'Pointing out flaws in the game'.

I don't suppose the 'lifetime subscription' thing applies anymore, though, since I believe it's just a one time payment.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Law and Order
Strong Bad
Monkey Island

Sam & Max is awesome, at least what I played of it (first 5 episodes from season 1 and a bit of the 6th). You can't go wrong with that one.

- Let's get cracking!
- Jokes or skulls?

fantomena

Remember Me is mediocre, but good enough to play through. Just reached chapter 4/8. Seems like a short game too.

I promised myself to play through Remember Me and Alien Rage before going tio Trials: Fusion and Child of Light which are ready on my PS4.

Brb, too many games. :(

inm8num2

Personally, have a text file that is separated by service and looks like this:

etc. I list every single game from a Bundle I've bought that doesn't have a Steam key, no matter what.

And then I use IGBwiki.com Keys Added to alert me to keys being added, as well as just looking through Steam new releases. If a game shows up that Enhanced Steam says was in a bundle, I'll CTRL+F through the file.

Cool, yea that works. :)

I have a Google spreadsheet, and each sheet corresponds to a particular site (Humble, Groupees, Indie Gala, etc.). Then I just list bundle links in order that I bought them with dates, along with each game and keys for each service. I use a mix of color coding and short text to mark games that have been redeemed. I probably make it too difficult on myself, but at the very least it helps to keep track of games I've gotten from bundles. That way I can use a mix of IGBwiki and my spreadsheet to cross-reference things.

Still, it would be great if a different site worked with IGBwiki to allow people to make accounts and track bundle purchases/keys. You could filter and sort your purchases by game, bundle seller, date purchased, etc. Maybe such a thing already exists...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom