• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like A_DJ just became the first Steam collector to hit 3,000 games.

Sadly, there isn't a new collector badge (yet)

He is even collecting games on Origin: 105 games on Origin | A_dJ_OffCourse
Wish EA did know how pricing works and what € and $ actually meant instead of placing them randomly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
final hours of titanfall being on steam is the biggest troll move ever lol

Anteater

ZaitZ6W.jpg

He is even collecting games on Origin: 105 games on Origin | A_dJ_OffCourse
Wish EA did know how pricing works and what € and $ actually meant instead of placing them randomly.

I have 31 games on Origin if you are wondering. And I assume you don't, but I'm going to post anyway.

Thanks Grief, I need to catch up.

honestly, I would just go dark for now. Personally, the game is out in a week and I don't want to see anymore than I already have. I've tried to stay out of all the DS2 threads and go in clean*

*as soon as Nuuvem gives me my key.

Titanfall - The Final Hours is now on Steam.

Developed and published by Geoff Keighley

There is so much trolling in this.

Tags you've applied to this product:
Doritos Pope, Wat

my job is done

The_Monk

honestly, I would just go dark for now. Personally, the game is out in a week and I don't want to see anymore than I already have. I've tried to stay out of all the DS2 threads and go in clean*

*as soon as Nuuvem gives me my key.

Physical copies were delayed in the UK for some reason. I ordered from amazon.uk. After waiting for them to release the game, which is going to be even more late I still have to wait even more time due the International Shipping. I feel I've been waiting forever and now I'm going to wait even more. *tiny tear*

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was under the impression it's just Titanfall 1 that will be exclusive, but after that it'll be spread out to various platforms just like Mass Effect was.

Oh well, it doesn't bother me either way, for I have my Zen.

I was under the impression it's just Titanfall 1 that will be exclusive, but after that it'll be spread out to various platforms just like Mass Effect was.

ME3 is Origin exclusive to this day. So is Dead Space 3 and BF3/4. If those guys didn't come to steam titanfall sure as hell aint coming.

ArjanN

I do find this odd, to be honest but people lose their Zen so quickly. That is not the way.

Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water, troll Steam forums. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water, troll Steam forums.

To be honest 90% of it seems ironic though.

Also, Geoff Keighley being the publisher just is hilarious to me for some reason.

I thought those Final Hours of Half-Life 2 and Portal by him were pretty well regarded. It's really only because the game itself is not on Steam that's making it weird.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

The only exclusivity it has is MS paid them to not release on PS3/4 or WiiU. They could release it on Steam if EA wanted to, but they love Origin.

Don't expect Titanfall 2 on Steam, unless Origin is dropped altogether.

I love the sound of the new ideologies/affinities in Civ: Beyond Earth. Harmony is symbiosis with the new alien world, Supremacy is symbiosis and augmentation with advanced machinery (cybernetics, artificial intelligence) and Purity is refining what humanity is through genetics and terraforming the alien world to be more Earth-like. There are Affinity victories, the old-y but a good-y domination victory and contact with another sentient alien lifeform offworld which sort of replaces the old diplomatic victory from regular Civ. The unit upgrades are the same through the first two affinity levels but start to diverge after that. Purity is all about heavy munitions, Harmony is about using the terrain and alien lifeforms and Supremacy is "tactical geometry" kind sounds like the Honor Policy track from Civ V with offensive and defensive bonuses based on unit positioning.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg. I want it now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jasec , post if you are okay !
:p

Jase essentially cannot catch up fully while the people at the top of the list are still in the game--too many previously removed games are unavailable now. Same goes for anyone who would want to start collecting now. But he knows that. It's be a fools errand investing as much time and money into the racket and then falling prey to anxiety over things that can't be helped.

Nzyme32

The only exclusivity it has is MS paid them to not release on PS3/4 or WiiU. They could release it on Steam if EA wanted to, but they love Origin.

Don't expect Titanfall 2 on Steam, unless Origin is dropped altogether.

Yeah, that seem to be it. I've been staying clear of EA/origin titles since Battlefield 3. I think Mirrors Edge 2 will be the difficult one to avoid as it's the only game of theirs that has me interested anymore

The_Monk

Ah okay, thanks. Though Origin being dropped, that is a nice future to dream of.

I never quite understood the reason for Origin, but that might be related with my lack of information to understand why. I do see, however lot's of older EA titles coming on sale every now and then and I can't imagine how many sales they are loosing with a game like Titanfall because some people will simply refuse to buy it if it's not on Steam. At first it seemed like some sort of "pride" from them, doing their own thing, creating their own path, etc, but they are a business company who likes money and I can't help to wonder how much money they could do with such game on Steam. There are games on Steam that requires Uplay and people still prefer do own it on Steam instead of buying the game from Uplay itself. PS: I'm not sure if this makes any sense, sorry if it doesn't.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Jase essentially cannot catch up fully while the people at the top of the list are still in the game--too many previously removed games are unavailable now. Same goes for anyone who would want to start collecting now. But he knows that. It's be a fools errand investing as much time and money into the racket and then falling prey to anxiety over things that can't be helped.

He could always kill the top Steam collector and wear his skin take his library.

The man isn't without options.

Copons

I never quite understood the reason for Origin, but that might be related with my lack of information to understand why. I do see, however lot's of older EA titles coming on sale every now and then and I can't imagine how many sales they are loosing with a game like Titanfall because some people will simply refuse to buy it if it's not on Steam. At first it seemed like some sort of "pride" from them, doing their own thing, creating their own path, etc, but they are a business company who likes money and I can't help to wonder how much money they could do with such game on Steam. There are games on Steam that requires Uplay and people still prefer do own it on Steam instead of buying the game from Uplay itself. PS: I'm not sure if this makes any sense, sorry if it doesn't.

It makes sense and it's actually one of those things I usually debate with friends (also, extending to why publishers don't port games from console to PC).

The only possible reason I came out with is a super long term action, something like Microsoft pushing Xbox at a loss for years before actually being able to compete fairly with Sony (and Nintendo, before they changed their target).
Now, a digital delivery service costs way less than a console (planning, development, production, etc.) and it's relatively risk free, as matter of fact if they tomorrow realize it's a fail, they just need to up their games on Steam and call it a day.

Joe Molotov

He could always kill the top Steam collector and wear his skin take his library.

The man isn't without options.

"He used to collect games that have been removed from Steam. But now someone's trying to remove him from Steam."
~Tagline from a horror movie that will never get made

Acccent

Came across this on a tumblr

Take this transaction for instance. I bought something for $10 from them. They gave me a mythic in game item as a bonus. When I sell that item for $25, they take approx $3.25 out of that. I then spend $13 of that on a game, of which they take a third. So that’s like another $4.22. That totals $7.57 that they have made back from that already. Now, if I purchase another game with the other 10 that I have left, they take another third. This will give them over $10. Which means I bought an item for $10, but they actually made over $20 on the sale. Fucking genius.

—My friend Dave on Valve

#foodforthought

ArjanN

Origin only exists so they can have 100% of the money instead of having to give a cut to Valve. I'm not sure the trade-off in lowered sales from not being on Steam is worth it in the end though. I kind of doubt it.

Phinor

Say what you want but I was hoping for a Steam release of Final Hours of Titanfall. Earlier today Keighley tweeted that it's now available on PC/Android/etc. but the PC release was Origin only so I passed, hoping for a Steam release. Really enjoyed every Final Hours so far and I doubt this will be any different.

nampad

Here:
ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Master Reboot -- MB-14CA9B3E92E4801E - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 20 entrants total.

t1397692568z1.png

Tellaerin

Ah okay, thanks. Though Origin being dropped, that is a nice future to dream of.

Except that I imagine if it goes, it'll take everyone's games with it. EA seems more the type to pat you on the shoulder and tell you, "Hey, your library had a good run. We always said it could be nuked at any time, and now's that time." And I'm not really keen on seeing the money I sank into stuff like
offensively overpriced
Mass Effect DLC's vanish into the void. : /

Acccent

Say what you want but I was hoping for a Steam release of Final Hours of Titanfall. Earlier today Keighley tweeted that it's now available on PC/Android/etc. but the PC release was Origin only so I passed, hoping for a Steam release. Really enjoyed every Final Hours so far and I doubt this will be any different.

You were hoping for a written documentary to be on Steam? Like, that was your first thought? You didn't want it to be on iTunes, Amazon, or whatever other ebook service?

Interesting.

Anyone play the Agarest series? Are they good games? Was wondering since Zero launches tomorrow and the discount pre-purchase price won't be an option much longer.

Knurek

Anyone play the Agarest series? Are they good games?

Short answer: no.
Long answer: lowest of the low when it comes to Japanese tactical games. They're popular on Steam only because there isn't anything else available.

Sigh, I really hope Squeenix puts out FFTactics sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom