• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is this a joke? Is the soda laced with LSD? What's going on here...

It's coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well. The Xbox One version will let you use Kinect to drink the soda. I have no idea what's going on, but this is one of those cases where the line between genius and terribleness is so thin and I would rather be a guy scared to point out the emperor is naked than the guy everyone is laughing at for not GETTING it.

def sim

It's coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well. The Xbox One version will let you use Kinect to drink the soda. I have no idea what's going on, but this is one of those cases where the line between genius and terribleness is so thin and I would rather be a guy scared to point out the emperor is naked than the guy everyone is laughing at for not GETTING it.

Yeah, it's a really weird thing. It's definitely stupid and what I've seen of it on Giant Bomb is terrible, but I'm happy it's a thing that exists.

Anyway, I don't think it's coming to PS4. The people (or just this guy?) only seem to mention the Xbox.

Nzyme32

Has anything been said so far regarding Steamworks features on Watch Dogs? It's getting quite many changes for a game using uPlay.

It isn't entirely clear. Currently steamDB shows no steam achievements and an exclusion from family sharing - both the indicative signs of uplay. However, there was a post from an article that claimed ubisoft had said that uplay would only be used for a "one time" registration, and then you would never have to use it. It all still waits to be seen

Arthea

Heart Forth, Alicia may be the fastest game to get the Greenlight.

Nope, there was a game that was greenlit in one day, this one

I'm not sure it's even possible to beat that. I mean it was greenlit the day it was posted, and I hope deservedly.
It's my greenlight favourite too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It isn't entirely clear. Currently steamDB shows no steam achievements and an exclusion from family sharing - both the indicative signs of uplay. However, there was a post from an article that claimed ubisoft had said that uplay would only be used for a "one time" registration, and then you would never have to use it. It all still waits to be seen

Valve added a feature to Family Sharing to allow for shit like Uplay to still be shareable. It was really nice letting one of my friends try out Ass Creed Liberation without issue. And why the hell would I care if he has access to my Uplay?

And then of course Ubisoft keeps letting their games default to unshareable.

ShogunX

Good luck.

Desura key that can be redeemed on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-4D7D212942EFA52F - Taken by Exuro. 19 entrants total.

t1397700309z1.png

Nabs

I'm not sure it's even possible to beat that. I mean it was greenlit the day it was posted, and I hope deservedly.

HFA made it in 8 hours.

Terra_Ex

I was really close to backing this as the sprites and environments look like a particular cherished jrpg franchise but the episodes business put me off in the end. I regret not pulling the trigger now but I have enough funds tied up in kickstarter campaigns already tbh and my email account is full of unread kickstarter updates. Still pretty excited about this one though (and Zeboyd's Cosmic Star Heroine), the indie rpgs are starting to edge closer to the overall quality of the ps1 golden age.

Really? I would have placed you in the second camp. *shrugs* I am often in the second camp although people tend to humour me and not laugh at me too much. Perhaps the zimmer frame puts them off?

Case in point: apart from the actual puzzling, I disliked pretty much everything about Brothers a tale of Two Sons.

However, I started Papo & Yo this evening and adore pretty much everything about it so far. Apart from some intermittent frame rate issues I wouldn't be able to find anything else to moan about.

This is all very welcome as I have been feeling increasingly jaded with gaming recently.

\o/

Nzyme32

Is there a reason why steamDB shows watch dogs has a Linux client icon section, when its windows only title? Can't find any other windows games like that

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Papo y Yo and Brothers got by on their visuals for me. Both told stories in very heavy-handed and predictable ways. Both had some solid and some iffy puzzle design.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Been slogging through Metro and I really don't like it. Very uneven pacing and generally just no fun to play. Game is lauded for its atmosphere, but I guess I'm just not feeling it. Close to the end and couldn't be happier.

fantomena

Where are people getting the Oniken Desura keys from? Tried the Oniken demo on Steam and suprisingly I really loved it. It's actually on my top 10 list of games to buy during the steam summer sale.

derExperte

Ars Techinca with a follow-up article:

Steam Gauge: Addressing your questions and concerns
Plus, we offer an expanded list of the Top 100 most played Steam games.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/steam-gauge-addressing-your-questions-and-concerns/

The biggest change in the actual data comes in the aggregated distribution of hours played. Restricting these charts to games with a release date after March of 2009 (i.e. the ones we have a "complete" gameplay picture of) shows that only 26.1 percent of registered copies are sitting unplayed, as you can see above, rather than the 36.9 percent cited in the original article. This is probably closer to the true number across all Steam games, though it's hard to say how the actual play data looks for the 800 or so Steam games released before gameplay tracking was activated.

I suspect the unplayed-percentage would be even lower with the older games as we didn't have so many sales, bundles and generally games on Steam. While nowadays people often install Steam and then buy something back then it was more often the other way around, you installed it to play something.

Yeah but they didn't get anywhere in the story. Part of me wishes that Telltale would drop the Boredoflands crap and redo the whole Bone series and see it through.

One of my favorite comics and the video game version of it stopped dead in its tracks. :(

Bone is more or less the only actual comic book series I've read, and I love it to bits. Are the Telltale games worth picking up?

Papo y Yo and Brothers got by on their visuals for me. Both told stories in very heavy-handed and predictable ways. Both had some solid and some iffy puzzle design.

I would most certainly agree with you in respect of Brothers. It was only the enjoyable puzzling that kept me going in that game. I didn't even care for the visuals. I am yet to get to any heavy story in P&Y yet though [I'm just about to
meet the monster
] but it gets bonus points already for only making me wait a very short while before I actually get to play, upon starting the game. Right, back to it *fingers crossed*.

Grief.exe

I had estimated Dark Souls would be around 800,000-1,000,000 sales by now. Looks like that blew my conservative estimate out of the water.

I bet Bandai is really kicking themselves that they didn't allocate more money for that port originally.

Far from a joke. Probably the first parody Simulation game out there, and was really a vehicle to get the dev's REAL game, Vivian Clark into as many peoples homes by offering it hidden in the game as an easter egg.

He's handed out real soda at PAX East last year, and is putting it on Xbox One with "lift hand to face to drink" Kinect support.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I still can't get over how this is getting on Steam. I get that it's a parody, but there are so many other games that are far more deserving to be put up for sale than...this.

I'm beginning to think that maybe opening the floodgates might actually be a good idea, since some of those games could get on Steam more easily.

Sysgen

All my categorises are gone. Restored Steam/userdata/{userid}/7/remote/sharedconfig.vdf and nothing. Still missing my categories.

fantomena

Holy shit at all the games that have sold/activated moe than 1 million on Steam.

PC gaming growing strong.

Awesome to see that there are 1,3 million Steam users who owns Dark Souls. Did not think it was that many. Maybe 500k or something.

Annubis

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=134133154
Granado Espada? Whaaaa ?

It was localized under Sword of the New World. What's with the sudden name change?
(That said, I always prefered Granado Espada)

I wish some other MMO would steal the idea of controlling more than one character from GE. That was the best part of the gameplay. The rest was pretty 'meh' sadly =/

Won a "diplomatic" victory with Brazil. I was a few turns shy of an Order cultural victory too. Had to give up on the Order domination because I couldn't afford all of the unhappiness. I didn't want to risk losing any capitols to other empires. At -10 unhappiness you get random "barbarian" rebel units spawning around your empire, damaging your tiles. At -20 unhappiness, your cities start flipping to other empires.

7C2E31E04BBD0B3EF77DA0A0A13D85EB21074C01

If I was more of a consistent warmonger throughout the entire game I probably could've won a domination victory but I was Brazil so I wanted to try for a cultural victory. Civ decided to populate that particular game with a bunch of hateful, war-mongering assholes which made me change plans preeeeeeetty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom