• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure someone doesn't have it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-CF4FD2C043519CF5 - Taken by -MD-

r3n4ud

ULTRATROOOOOOOOOOOON!
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ultratron -- MB-813AE470DDC41448 - Taken by alr1ght

DukeBobby

When does Fez start getting mindbendingly difficult? I've played about 1.5 hours and haven't had any issues yet.

The regular cubes are easy to get. You should have no problems getting all 32 of them, which will allow you to finish the game.

The anti-cubes, on the other hand, aren't so easy to get, and you'll need to learn the 3 codes (alphabet, numbers, tetromino) if you want to find most of them.

The red cubes (there's only a few of them) are almost impossible to get without using a guide.

Are you a genius?

I love puzzles but I'm not that good. I used a guide for the Black monolith, Security Gate, all the red blocks. and less than a handful of anti-cubes.
v3aWOG9.png

Grief.exe

When does Fez start getting mindbendingly difficult? I've played about 1.5 hours and haven't had any issues yet.

From what I have gathered and experienced, it has to be in NG+. You have to decipher a numbering and letter system to figure out all of the puzzles. You just need to collect the normal cubes to beat the game the first time.

I think I am about to finish the game, I need about 4 more cubes and just started a new area.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Telltale Games titles that were on sale on GMG; this means I'm only missing CSI, TWD season 2 and The Wolf Among Us. I have no idea when if I'll get to them, but it's nice to have them anyway.

Is this a joke? Is the soda laced with LSD? What's going on here...
You know, I don't understand why many people say LSD makes you see weird colored stuff and fantasy worlds. From what I understand, it only alters your perception of reality and your thought processes, instead of creating new stuff from thin air. Though I may be mistaken, of course.

zkylon

zkylewd
so like my mouse wheel broke so i need a new one

i've always liked wired mice since i feel battery charging would get annoying but how much of a hassle it actually is to keep it charge and all that. like does it ever runs out while you're doing something or whatever

so like my mouse wheel broke so i need a new one

i've always liked wired mice since i feel battery charging would get annoying but how much of a hassle it actually is to keep it charge and all that. like does it ever runs out while you're doing something or whatever
My mouse takes a AA battery, so I just keep a couple charged so I only have to stop for a few seconds. On higher-end mice that have internal batteries? (Do those exist?) I can imagine it might get irritating.

Hanzou

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-87F44AF3D2C510EB - Taken by TuckingFypo. 5 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-2125F75D65FA07E0 - Taken by natertots. 1 entrants total.

t1397716329z1.png

Good Luck!

Started playing through Last Dream from the titular Indie Gala bundle - what a great game. Shows what you can do by utilizing what resources you have. It's a real throwback to Final Fantasy II, with similar stat menus and map placement, but I like the level of customization you can do with your party's abilities. Really recommend it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tempted to get Jurassic Park because it's licensed and will probably disappear without going on sale again. If I do buy it, does that mean I have JaseC disease?

Exactly. For example, in that tumblr post they say that they're given an exclusive item that's worth $25 on the community marketplace. They're only seeing the transaction from a single side - they're selling the item to convert it into Steam wallet credit that can only be used on Steam which thus gives Valve more money.

The part their missing is that, once sold, the item isn't "used" (unless it's a one-time use item like a TF2 key). That same $25 "exclusive" item can be resold an infinite number of times, and each time it's sold Valve keeps a percentage of that transaction.

As long as Valve can maintain that item's rarity / marketability, they can continue to collect residual income on the transfer of ownership of that item indefinitely. By cutting off the supply at a certain point (like, the item was a pre-order bonus that is no longer available) they can actually cause the value of said items to increase as they change hands between collectors and market speculators.

Now multiply this by the thousands upon thousands of items in the Steam marketplace, and you can see why it's kind of a big deal.
This is why they hired this guy: Yanis Varoufakis, an economics professor.
Code:
[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Varoufakis_giannis_0943.jpg[/IMG]

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What is the steam holy trinity of games that need a guide to fully complete? Fez, La Mulana and ?
Antichamber? I feel incredibly lost in that game, and will never be able to complete it unless I read one. Though a friend managed to beat it on his own, or at least that's what he told me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wish I had an excuse for why I did this:

hobbitetac7.png

I would try to use Playfire as an excuse, but the collectathon just got it's hooks in me in the darkest way possible. I haven't 100%d one of these games in a long ass time. Now I know why.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't resist grabbing Lego Marvel using cards money. No idea why, I'm not a fan of superheroes and I already have 3 other Lego games on Steam that rest unplayed. But it was free, so I can't complain.

Blizzard

Banned
I wish I had an excuse for why I did this:

hobbitetac7.png

I would try to use Playfire as an excuse, but the collectathon just got it's hooks in me in the darkest way possible. I haven't 100%d one of these games in a long ass time. Now I know why.
How would you say it compares to the other good LEGO games? It sounded like this was the widest scope yet, but as long as it's solidly done that's cool.

In my own Steam adventures I picked up the $4 Parkan 2 because why not. Though I expect it to be buggy and crashy.

Salsa

Couldn't resist grabbing Lego Marvel using cards money. No idea why, I'm not a fan of superheroes and I already have 3 other Lego games on Steam that rest unplayed. But it was free, so I can't complain.

people say this a lot

it really isnt free if you're spending digital money that you could have spent in other games, is it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How would you say it compares to the other good LEGO games? It sounded like this was the widest scope yet, but as long as it's solidly done that's cool.

In my own Steam adventures I picked up the $4 Parkan 2 because why not. Though I expect it to be buggy and crashy.
I think it's the same scope as Lord of the Rings. I also think the games all probably average out in the 30 hour range for 100%. As for quality, I think it holds up well compared to their recent releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom