• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
considering Deus Ex The Fall and all the other iOS stuff Square seems to bring to Steam after the fact, I hope Hitman GO isnt too far off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9kJxrLSwHU

hitman_go_slashgear-820x420.png

it looks great

That...actually looks kind of cool. It looks like some sort of Hitman board game.

fantomena

Just finished Tiny & Big. Did not bother with getting all the achievements. That means in under 1 week I have finished 5 games thanks to the easter holiday.

Next is Thief, what's after Thief I have no idea of.

celebi23

So, I bought the Humongous Complete Pack (always wanted these when I was younger & I had a bunch of Steam cards I never used) & I'm able to download all the games now. Not sure if it's an error on Steam's part or what. Wasn't expecting that :p

Miker

RE: Stump - Bionic Commando Wifearmed on PC had its multiplayer servers shut down a while ago, so there's that, if you care. It still has LAN play though, and all the possibilities that come with it (tunneling, etc.).

Salsa

it's pretty weird to see the "show us your gaming setup" thread and recognize users that posted in some threads dismissing the PC because it's too expensive and post pictures of their console setups there that look like the fucking enterprise. what a waste.

FloatOn

it's pretty weird to see the "show us your gaming setup" thread and recognize users that dismiss the PC because it's too expensive and post pictures of their console setups there that look like the fucking enterprise. what a waste.

you can lead the horse to water.... etc etc

anyway, videoball. check it. I remember playing monaco with you one time and this looks way more fun to play with buds.

derExperte

People who keep saying the Origin client is fast should go to the big sales page and scroll down a bit. Steam's browser may not be the smoothest to begin with but at least it doesn't completely break down when showing more than three pictures.

More gaming related: Beat the final boss in Ultratron (which isn't the end of the game by far) and fans of frantic twin-stick shooter should try it, the upgrade system gives the game some longevity and thanks to the checkpoints the difficulty is manageable. Maybe turn off some of some of the effects first or it'll be a tad too confusing at times.

Here are the leftovers from Accent's giveaway earlier. All thanks should go to him.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-63C7D0948E60A74D - Taken by Sammichu
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-2DF1DF3E896AADC4 - Taken by BundysFeet
Fez -- MB-5D57974E329AB811 - Taken by lordfroakie
Monaco -- MB-843D8B8AD6453DC0 - Taken by dream]

Ezalc

So I got the Stalker games from Bundle stars except for Clear Sky.

Which mods should I use with the game? I heard people say that it has a lot of bugs. I've never played any of these games before by the way.

Grief.exe

Can't wait for rebirth

it's pretty weird to see the "show us your gaming setup" thread and recognize users that posted in some threads dismissing the PC because it's too expensive and post pictures of their console setups there that look like the fucking enterprise. what a waste.

You know I'm raging when I see all the $300+ gaming branded headsets.

Admittedly, it is much more difficult to use headphones and mic set ups on consoles.

Love my HE-400s that I got for 300 last year, really makes going back to crappy speakers hard. I need to get some decent ones for my PC though as wearing headphones 24/7 can get a bit tiring.

Sammichu

Here are the leftovers from Accent's giveaway earlier. All thanks should go to him.

There's also a Humble Bundle link for And Yet it Moves that is already registered with ModBot, so first person to PM me gets it.

Hi HenrySwanson!
I just wanted to say I won The Swapper, but the humble bundle link said 'Gift key already used! It looks like this gift key was already redeemed'

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I'm off for a few days, and return to find this topic grew 60 pages... guess I missed a shit-ton of stuff? D:

On the flipside, I finally got Injustice and it was free. Thanks Playfire!

So I'm off for a few days, and return to find this topic grew 60 pages... guess I missed a shit-ton of stuff? D:

On the flipside, I finally got Injustice and it was free. Thanks Playfire!
InJustice is a great game, how is the PC version?
I've only played MK9 and that had some pretty awful compression for the cutscenes, they fixed that for InJustice, right?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
InJustice is a great game, how is the PC version?
I've only played MK9 and that had some pretty awful compression for the cutscenes, they fixed that for InJustice, right?
Haven't had the chance to try it yet, the download is some sweet sweet 20GB :/
I do hope they did fix the hilarious horrible hair from MK9.

Haven't had the chance to try it yet, the download is some sweet sweet 20GB :/
I do hope they did fix the hilarious horrible hair from MK9.
Oh god, don't remind me about the hair in MK9
Whenever the camera showed Johnny Cage's hair I got so creeped out, it looks so wrong

Hopefully since it's 20GBs that means they're using higher quality cutscenes, cutscenes tend to take up a lot of space in games, IIRC, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance's cutscenes took up like 21GBs of space of the 25GB game(Don't have the game installed right now so I can't check for sure, but I think it's somewhere around there since the base game on PS3 had 18.2GB of video files - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metal-gear-rising-face-off)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
People who keep saying the Origin client is fast should go to the big sales page and scroll down a bit. Steam's browser may not be the smoothest to begin with but at least it doesn't completely break down when showing more than three pictures.

I find it to be a fairly safe assumption that anyone defending it has barely used it.

This is Origin:

origin_2012_06_30_202djjzt.gif

EA's current digital distribution platform, or EACDDP is just a reminder that anything they touch will eventually die a terribly painful death.

r3n4ud

Steam is probably down.

Sorry, but the steam page you are requesting isn't reachable for now.

If you want to check for yourself, please check here.

Faithfully yours, the Enhanced Steam team.

This is cutting into me finishing up Fez :/

Zia

Are there any Dark Souls II PC deals still going on? I impulse preordered on Steam, then cancelled, and now that Durante's impressions are out there I needs me it once more.

Tecl0n

Are there any Dark Souls II PC deals still going on? I impulse preordered on Steam, then cancelled, and now that Durante's impressions are out there I needs me it once more.

Not deal per se, but Nuuvem's base price is around 38U$S.

natertots

I know nuuvem had a deal but I'm not sure if it still going. GMG has a 20% off coupon that can be used I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom