• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

All internally-developed Ubi titles since AssCreed 2 have used Uplay. The sole exception to this is Rayman Origins.

Yeah that's unfortunate :( Still isn't it a little sketchy there isn't a mention of this 5 days before release with a pre-order option up? At the very least they could be upfront with what their intentions are.

From what I've played of the beta, it has better performance than Trials Evolution Gold Edition, solid 60 FPS with some slow texture load when restarting a longer level.

That's good to hear at least. Thanks for answers!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah that's unfortunate :( Still isn't it a little sketchy there isn't a mention of this 5 days before release with a pre-order option up? At the very least they could be upfront with what their intentions are.

Yeah, it is poor form. Rayman Legends was the same: Exhibit A (August), Exhibit B (September).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up uninstalling Batman Blackgate. It's not even an awful game it's even worse, it's deadly dull. There's nothing exciting or interesting about it really. I don't think that Batman style of gameplay fits well with 2/2.5D.

Roll on Arkham Knight.

Kaleinc

Banned
In Dishonoured you are a magical assassin, and the game is built around being that.

In Thief you are a frail prowler, and the series was about playing around that.
I don't see a problem taking down let's say an elite guard with a crossbow being a frail prowler. If the implementation is proper the boss concept is viable.

Corpekata

Banned
The Thief boss battles are hardly even that. They're more environmental puzzles. One can be escaped, and the other you're pretty much dead in a direct confrontation. I know people like to pile on that game, and while the fights are not great, they aren't that big of a deal either.

I don't see a problem taking down let's say an elite guard with a crossbow being a frail prowler. If the implementation is proper the boss concept is viable.
I'm just saying having something built around combat isn't an odd expectation in the former, whereas it can understandably raise eyebrows for the latter. They're not the same kind of game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone how has zero connection or attachment to the Thief series, and loved Dishonored, I would probably like the new Thief

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well here's something else I've learned about myself today that'll probably be useful to know; I am terrible at Texas Hold'em style poker. Particularly when playing against cartoon characters.

Coldsun

Banned
as someone how has zero connection or attachment to the Thief series, and loved Dishonored, I would probably like the new Thief

Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Dishonored I felt was far less guided and allowed for a lot more "go about it however you wish" than the new thief does.

zkylon

zkylewd
she's as much of a boss as
daud

it's like a puzzle boss thingie like in dx: missing link

i thought dishonored did those things well

Nabs

New Playfire rewards are out:

• Portal 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Bridge Over Troubling Water - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Vertically Unchallenged - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Dual Pit Experiment - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Preservation of Mass - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Schrodinger's Catch - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Pit Boss - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Door Prize - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50
  • Papers, Please - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Antegria Token - £0.10
  • Papers, Please - unlock Impor Token - £0.25
  • Papers, Please - unlock United Federation Token - £0.50

Playfire Rewards thread

JaseC

The new Playfire rewards are out:

• Portal 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Bridge Over Troubling Water - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Vertically Unchallenged - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Dual Pit Experiment - £0.10
  • Portal 2 - unlock Preservation of Mass - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Schrodinger's Catch - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Pit Boss - £0.25
  • Portal 2 - unlock Door Prize - £0.25
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50
    [*]Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50

As far as Portal 2 is concerned I'm only missing these. Pity all but one of them are co-op-based.

Nabs

Portal Conservation Society was a proud moment for me and my co-op partner.

If you have those achievements already, do you still get rewards from PlayFire?

Old achievements only count the first time you link your account.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As far as Portal 2 is concerned I'm only missing these. Pity all but one of them are co-op-based.

If Pit Boss is "SHOW THAT PIT WHOS BOSS" just go back to "This is the part where they kill you" and kill yourself. Easy.

Portal Conservation Society and the 60 second one is easy as well if you watch Youtube and know where the portals go.

JaseC

If Pit Boss is "SHOW THAT PIT WHOS BOSS" just go back to "This is the part where they kill you" and kill yourself. Easy.

Yeah, that's what I intend to do, assuming my saves are still up in the cloud. If not I probably won't bother.

derExperte

Trying to grind out these 99 community levels for Chuck's Challenge 3D is going to kill me.

I really like the game, but the menu interface leaves a lot to be desired. No easy way to tell if you've played a level until you beat it again and see that either (1) you got a better time or (2) you gave it a thumbs up. Search bugs out and doesn't remember your position in the list after you finish a level either, so you have to go resort and then page through tons of levels to get further down if you're trying to do the achievement and grind it out.

Agreed on all accounts. Playing 99 community levels would probably take even longer than grinding 100 wins in Gun Monkeys so I stopped after 25. The interface is generally poor, for example I can only move the cursor when using the digipad and not analog, there's no deadzone for the analog sticks and so on, the whole layout looks like it was designed for touch. Level design is good though (only have a few of the hard levels left) and that's what counts in a game like this but a little more polish would go a long way. Also when using the rewind feature the game sometimes glitches and not everything gets reversed.

New Playfire rewards are out:

• Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50
  • Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50

I'm missing these, if someone else wants to do them....

Corpekata

Banned
Some of the more outlandish Playfire tasks seem like they are there to pretty much just catch SAM users because they are frequently very absurd and looking up the people that get them would not be too hard to see if they're honest.

The_Monk

Went for a family dinner yesterday since it's Easter time and a good friend and family member asked me if I could install Steam on his PC. "But can my PC can run Steam?" He asked, since he does not have a high-end PC (and neither do I, or so I believe).

He's now looking and the selection of games and it's already lost, hehe. He was looking for something like Age of Empires III which he already own the Physical Edition. There's AoE II HD and Mythology but I need to search for similar titles. I think he also have a physical copy of Settlers but I don't know which one, Rome games might not be his thing.

I did my part with +1 Steam user. :)

DukeBobby

Went for a family dinner yesterday since it's Easter time and a good friend and family member asked me if I could install Steam on his PC. "But can my PC can run Steam?" He asked, since he does not have a high-end PC (and neither do I, or so I believe).

He's now looking and the selection of games and it's already lost, hehe. He was looking for something like Age of Empires III which he already own the Physical Edition. There's AoE II HD and Mythology but I need to search for similar titles. I think he also have a physical copy of Settlers but I don't know which one, Rome games might not be his thing.

Bad Rats is a good start.

Mugatu

Darn, I have a bad habit of starting up games when I get them just to have a quick look around and then putting them back in my queue.

I've missed out on so many of those play for the first time rewards.

nampad

Damn Steam game files backup option is so buggy for me. Can't backup a lot of games at once :/
Just hate it when you plan a LAN and have to shuffle files on everyones PCs first.

Dr Dogg

There are also a bunch of Playfire rewards from Friday. (Awesomenauts, Castle of lllusion, Doom 3: BFG, Killing Floor, Sonic Generations, and Typing of the Dead)

Well that my weekend plans up the spout then. And to think I take pity on those who have their hard drives loaded up with everything they own on Steam. PlayFire rewards are taking up all my bandwidth downloading stuff I only really collect.

Edit: Whaaaat? How on earth is Typing of the Dead 8gb?

Shahadan

I'm considering buying Next Car Game just to spite those stupid people from the steam forums saying putting early access on sale is like screwing early adopters.

I should really stop reading comments there.

Mugatu

I'm considering buying Next Car Game just to spite those stupid people from the steam forums saying putting early access on sale is like screwing early adopters.

I should really stop reading comments there.

It looks really good and I agree on comments but I think it's generally best not to read any comments on the Internet (other than on forums and stuff where that's the only point) - Youtube is still the worst IMO.

Anteater

I actually think Steam would fit very well with some of my family members who are in their 40s or 50s, and have given up games since the end of snes era, especially with all those indie games out nowadays and already having a computer, most games they want to play probably don't need a beefy computer either and the price of entry is incredibly low.

In theory that is, I think they're perfectly content with playing free games on mobile.

zkylon

zkylewd
just watched that new wolfenstein trailer and uhh i guess i'm the only one but i kinda hated it

gives me the same vibe as the brothers in arms game did, tarantino could get away with it cos he's tarantino, his movie was an instant classic and open to multiple interpretations and it's satire in kind of a cool way. it's not some random violent bullshit with silly music

shit like that wolfenstein trailer doesn't really offend me or anything but man i feel like it's in bad taste

Worst part of the game by far.
yea that sequence was pretty poor

it's also a bit racist lol

like i get it it's hot in brazil

but you know

A90BF3B29969824BA92B98BC925E65D634ABEA11

that is kinda stupid

tbh i'm liking ass creed 3. i thought i'd hate the period cos it's grey and american but it's kinda cool, actually. maybe it gets much worse but i wasn't expecting to actually enjoy it, many issues notwithstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom