• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't beaten too many games this year, but that's because I spent the first two months playing some long ones:

9.03m
Alpha Protocol
Antichamber
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
Fallout: New Vegas
Gun Monkeys
Lunar Flight
Poker Night at the Inventory
Shelter
The Swapper
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Worms Pinball (I count it as beaten since I got the highest score in the local leaderboards)
The Walking Dead: 400 Days

I don't really think I'll play anything but Playfire Rewards games until the summer... Maybe Killer is Dead, which will possibly be the first PC game I buy at full price since I joined Steam, and Dark Souls if it goes under 5€ anytime soon.

Levyne

Banned
I don't even know a good way to figure out all the games I've played or beaten this year. Maybe I should keep better track.

NEO0MJ

Say, why do achievements don't register sometimes when I play on steam? There were several cases where I'm sure I should have got one but nothing.

So anyone know why my playfire account got updated with my Fez achievements, it has a checkmark that says transfered to GMG account but my GMG account isn't updated. I have 11$ credit on playfire but 6$ credit on GMG

didamangi

The high profile ones only gives uplay keys anyway, so no big loss.

Steam games from the GMG Ubisoft deals:

• CoJ Gunslinger
  • CoJ Cartel
  • Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
  • Expendable 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes & DLC
  • Shoot Many Robots
  • Dark Messiah Might & Magic
  • Mad Riders
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
  • Bloody Good Time

What is Dolan's favourite game?

papers pls

http://fat.gfycat.com/JovialReasonableFanworms.webm

DukeBobby

PREY GIVEAWAY PREY GIVEAWAY PREY GIVEAWAY PREY GIVEAWAY

Since it's my birthday, we are going to do something fun.

Come up with a gaming related joke with horrible pun(s), and I will give the winner a Prey key.
Edit: remember to quote this post, so it's easier for me to check tomorrow morning.
t1398031200z0.png

What is Dolan's favourite game?

papers pls

maneil99

Come up with a gaming related joke with horrible pun(s), and I will give the winner a Prey key.
Edit: remember to quote this post, so it's easier for me to check tomorrow morning.
t1398031200z0.png

Minecraft's graphics really are crap, they need to step it up a Notch

jmizzal

So anyone know why my playfire account got updated with my Fez achievements, it has a checkmark that says transfered to GMG account but my GMG account isn't updated. I have 11$ credit on playfire but 6$ credit on GMG

That happen sometimes, it will change in a day or two, mine still have a few that needs to move over too

fantomena

I have not gotten much gaming motivation the past 6 months, especially after Titanfall launched. Titanfall was fun in 3 hours then it bored me to death. Tried today again, couldn't play mroe than 5 min.

But the last week I have finished South Park, Resi4, Remember Me, The Banner Saga and Tiny & Big.

t1398031200z0.png

What do you call when Ed Boon makes a buggy PC game?

an Injustice

please give me Prey

Jawmuncher

The games I have beaten this year is so small since I really dislike playing anything on this Laptop. Actually it's so bad i'm not going to even post it. Think i'll just wreck it when I finally get back.
I did beat Dino Crisis 1 and 2 again if that counts for anything.

Anteater

The games I have beaten this year is so small since I really dislike playing anything on this Laptop. Actually it's so bad i'm not going to even post it. Think i'll just wreck it when I finally get back.

can't you run 2d games like guacamelee and valdis story or a bunch of those indie games, they are plenty of fun

Mikaju

The high profile ones only gives uplay keys anyway, so no big loss.

Steam games from the GMG Ubisoft deals:

• CoJ Gunslinger
  • CoJ Cartel
  • Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
  • Expendable 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes & DLC
  • Shoot Many Robots
  • Dark Messiah Might & Magic
  • Mad Riders
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
  • Bloody Good Time

http://fat.gfycat.com/JovialReasonableFanworms.webm

Cloudberry Kingdom is a Steam code too. I just bought it for 2e.

Expandables 2 is a licenced game so it might be removed from Steam, right?

Jawmuncher

can't you run 2d games like guacamelee and valdis story or a bunch of those indie games, they are plenty of fun

I can run decent stuff for the most part. Like I can play stuff like Jurassic Park: The Game and games of that graphical quality I would say are the max for this thing. My issue is that I don't have a desk or anything to actually play from. So even with my controller my set up is just uncomfortable. I did start Valdis awhile back, I need to get back on that.

zeroOman

t1398031200z0.png

Mario walked into a bar with Yoshi and the barman said "Oi Mario you cant bring him in with you". To which Mario replied "Come on, he does a great party trick". "Lets see it then" says the barman.
So Mario gets his dick out and puts it in Yoshi's open mouth and begins to repeatedly smash the poor reptile's head with a green shell. Everyone who is in the bar is now watching, and all of them were amazed when Mario removed his penis without a scratch.
Mario then takes a bow and says "Would anyone else like a go". then Luigi says "Yeah i will......but dont hit me with that green shell"

M.Steiner

hmm let's see. Games I've played so far this year:

PC - Steam
Final Fantasy VIII
Broken Age
Thief
South Park: The Stick of Truth
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2
The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 1 (still need to play ep2)
The Wolf Among Us Episodes 1 & 2 (still need to play ep3)

Console - Vita/PS3/PS4
Guacamelee!
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy X HD
inFamous: Second Son

Not too many now I look at it although there are two FF games in there which I spent a good while on and I've done a couple of playthroughs with some of them like Second Son just recently.
Currently playing MGS on Vita atm, will play the latest eps of the 2 Telltale games once I'm done with that I think.

Dr Dogg

Finish games? You must be crazy. What I do is get bored of what I've got on my plate already, try to drag myself through some games for the sake of PlayFire rewards and when that all fails go back to something I actually enjoy. So for this weekends game I eventually ended up revisiting is Sleepy Dogs. Not content with finishing it 3 times already once more surely can't hurt what with Watch_Dogs around the corner right?

Oh well I did need some motivation to go through it again and I set myself the goals of 1.) 100%ing everything possible including smaller DLC missions 2.) Reset all my achievements with SAM and try and get them done in as short as time as possible and 3.) Get back on top of some of the Social Hub leaderboards. Making good progress so far and in just under 3 hours have knocked out 11 of 49 of the original achievements and getting my scores back in the top 10's. Hoping to have the campaign locked up by end of the day tomorrow, free time providing.

It's amazing how much greater your hobby feels when you end up playing something you enjoy. For me I can see Sleeping Dogs standing the test of time and up there with the handful of games I try to get 1 playthrough in each year. Oh yeah and I don't see this being beaten for a very, very long time.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

t1398031200z0.png

Good one a friend told me, Darksiders/Fallout related.

Q: Which horseman of the Apocalypse has the smelliest trousers?

A: War. War never changes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I managed to get further in Sam & Max S1E6 than I had done before on the Wii version, so I'm feeling smart already! It still doesn't wash the taste of having used a guide for a puzzle in the previous episode, but in my defense I would never have solved it on my own. Looks like I'll finally be able to move on to season 2!

Dr Dogg

And if you check the bottom of that list you might see me with something like 5 seconds, looking at all of you with envy in the eyes. How the hell do you manage to drive so good?

My secret is Sagitarius FM hahaha. Nah it is a tiny bit skill dependant but only in the route you chose and what car you decide to pick. I've always gone for the Bisai as its not got a massive top speed but its agile and accelerates really quick. Then I start on a circular route across the motorway from the road works just past the tunnel in North Point and do loops. One circuit will be around 6 mins (hence the time) but you could rack up quite a high time if you can squeeze through the single carriageway section of the tunnel in North Point. This is why I start just after it so I can get the full distance. And yet there's so much more to the game hahaha.

The_Monk

yvbJaral.png

Considering that, I had to wait until the middle of May (or more in case the deliver method was slow) to get Dark Souls II might as well wait a little more (*sigh*) and get for a lower price in the future. Also, it will keep my budgeting for the upcoming month easier. I can always look/consider for a cheaper title (Child of Light) for the console. It was not easy but what's done is done and I'm not even sad... I know I eventually get to it. Thanks for reading my good people!

Aerocrane

For me I can see Sleeping Dogs standing the test of time and up there with the handful of games I try to get 1 playthrough in each year.

Sleeping Dogs is probably my favourite open world game, I would have tried to get all the achievements if the stat award achievements and the fashion victim achievement would have unlocked like they should.

Echoplx

I just finished Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos, I've never played a VN before so this was an interesting experience for me, the format was great and I'm definitely going to be checking out more VNs in the future. As for the game itself, it has a really interesting premise and well written story and characters, the accompanying art was also quite nice. The highlight was the soundtrack for me though, some really great tracks that helped set the tone for the story.

If you picked this up in one of the bundles it was in I highly recommend you give it a try, It's only a few hours long so it's an easy -1 to the backlog :p

I just finished Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos, I've never played a VN before so this was an interesting experience for me, the format was great and I'm definitely going to be checking out more VNs in the future. As for the game itself, it has a really interesting premise and well written story and characters, the accompanying art was also quite nice. The highlight was the soundtrack for me though, some really great tracks that helped set the tone for the story.

If you picked this up in one of the bundles it was in I highly recommend you give it a try, It's only a few hours long so it's an easy -1 to the backlog :p

I enjoyed this VN to such an extent that I Kickstarted the next game in the series. I think it's quite under-rated.

Arthea

you guys finished a lot of games, I must say, I find this discussion very appropriate as I just finished FFX and that is accomplishment, I must say! of epic proportions
this game is sooo long

on steam? lemme think
Bejeweled 3! not really
Civ 5! not possible
Poker Night 2! not with my luck
Broken Age! it's unfinished game, but I finished what was to finish
Gone Home! should have never touched it
One Finger Death Punch! almost, got distracted by FFX, actually
Skyborn
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Hero of the Kingdom
Hexcells
Skullgirls, not that I finished it, but it finished with me (><)

I think I finished Neptunia 2 this year too and Atelier Ayesha
oh almost forgot Indie Game: The Movie! lol

edited: some of posted puns are really funny, good work guys!
Also belated happy birthday Atraveller

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

t1398031200z0.png
Katamari Damacy was a surprising challenge. I would always get stuck on every level.

I've been trying to play Ticket to Ride with my friends but they always see where I'm going and stop me by taking over straightaway.

Shatter had some of the most intense gameplay I've ever experienced. I would always go balls to the wall.

I was talking to E.T. about his game and he thought the technology of the Atari held it back, and people would have liked it if it was about him and all his people exploring the ocean instead of just him in the desert by himself. I said nah, people still hated Alien: Colonial Marines.

I heard the next Tenchu will have a New Game+ mode for completionists where enemies don't respawn so you can just focus on getting whatever you missed. It seemed like it'd be pretty boring to me, but apparently Super House of Dead Ninjas is actually pretty fun.

Dr Dogg

Sleeping Dogs is probably my favourite open world game, I would have tried to get all the achievements if the stat award achievements and the fashion victim achievement would have unlocked like they should.

Yeah I heard a few were a little buggy, especially the Stat Awards ones. Did manage to Platinum it on PS3 with no fuss but in 2 playthroughs on PC only manage to get 22 in total.

I'd say it's also my favourite open world title. It does a lot of things well which added up as a whole makes a great experience. Plus for starters it does something most open world games don't and that's questioning the player for go around causing collateral damage whilst on a mission. In say GTA you can run over a series of pedestrians, kill innocent civilians and wreck half the city with no penalty, Just Cause 2 makes it a central mechanic. Sleeping Dogs on the other hand docks you points for every little bump and graze you cause and innocent you harm, not by just lowering your Cop points but because they're finite can lock you out of higher level upgrade.

Moral of the story don't be a dick whilst on mission, free roam that's cool though.

Acccent

I think the only Steam game I've completed in 2014 is The Swapper. The only non-Steam one is AC4.

edit: oh, actually, Brothers ATo2S too!

Lomax

Same thing has happened to me the last two days, I'm guessing all of the site problems they are having probably caused some issues. Hopefully once this sale is over everything will get corrected.

Curious question to all you folks, how many Steam games have you completed since the year started?

General lack of motivation so far. Half of my finished games are due to Playfire rewards in the last couple of weeks...

• The first two episodes of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller (Only ones I have)
  • Type:Rider
  • FEZ
  • Hero of the Kingdom
  • Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~
  • Bulletstorm
  • 9.03m

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Curious question to all you folks, how many Steam games have you completed since the year started? And not endless-fare like DOTA 2 or Killing Floor or the like~ Let's talk game's that have a defined ending. Was just thinking about it and wondering.

Quite a few actually. I was bedridden at home for 2 months after getting seriously injured while working out so I spent my whole time playing games and studying.
-Assassins Creed 4
-Assassin's Creed 2 (replayed)
-Banner Saga
-Dishonored
-Shadowrun Returns
-Metro 2033
-Metro Last Light
-Mafia II
-Spec Ops
-The Swapper
-FEZ
-Diablo III + RoS

I had the same problem a few days ago but it went away when I purchased a game and got the correct balance in my GMG account. Try purchasing the EVE free trial and see if your GMG balance gets updated, if that doesn't work, send them a support ticket

yuraya

Curious question to all you folks, how many Steam games have you completed since the year started?

I finished quite a lot imo. Spent a ton of hours on CSGO and TF2..otherwise would have done more.

Gravity Badgers
FEZ
Arkham City
Sleeping Dogs (without DLC)
Dark Souls
Dust
Guacamelee
Swapper
To The Moon
Electronic Super Joy
Brothers

Close to finishing

Mass Effect
Runner 2

MRORANGE

It would awesome if you guys could give some feedback on the games you have played, rather than posting a list of games which no one will read ;p

Same thing has happened to me the last two days, I'm guessing all of the site problems they are having probably caused some issues. Hopefully once this sale is over everything will get corrected.

Yup same thing here too.

kulapik

My finished steam category says I finished:

-Fairy Bloom Freesia
-Gateways (I actually rage quitted this one)
-The Maw
-Portal
-Portal 2
-Saints Row The Third
- The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
-Thomas was Alone
- VVVVVV

Plus Prince of Persia 2006 though I don't have it on Steam.

And probably some more games I don't remember.

EDIT: Oh, since the year started... I think none :(

t1398031200z0.png

What do you get if you tape a stick of dynamite to a hedgehog?
SONIC BOOM!

DagsJT

It would awesome if you guys could give some feedback on the games you have played, rather than posting a list of games which no one will read ;p

Agreed, I'm just skimming over most of these posts. Rather read impressions on games and couldn't care less about a list of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom