• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Beat Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening today...

mmlqjQ1.jpg

Welp.

I really enjoyed the first a lot, maybe playing this will make me appreciate it even more, haha.

But I think I will play something simpler and shorter so that I'm not in the middle of something before Dark Souls 2. Time to check the ol library and see what I want to boot up.

Tenrius

I played through maybe half of Brothers and I don't know. It certainly is charming, but ludonarrative dissonance kept me from enjoying it fully, what with awkward platforming and questionable puzzles. People compared it to Journey, but it's just not on that level, unfortunately.

I could actually say something similar about The Swapper: it really hurts a game that's trying to be first and foremost artistic to have those very isolated, very obvious puzzle rooms.

In other news, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is fantastic and everybody should play that game.

BiggNife

I played through maybe half of Brothers and I don't know. It certainly is charming, but ludonarrative dissonance kept me from enjoying it fully, what with awkward platforming and questionable puzzles. People compared it to Journey, but it's just not on that level, unfortunately.

If you're already halfway, play it to the end. The climax of the story really makes it come together.

Finally completed the final world in Bit.Trip Runner2

What a fucking frustrating game. Complete nightmare. My 360 controller lost a few years of its life..I'm sure of it.
Man, if you thought Runner 2 was bad I'm guessing you never beat Runner 1.

A winner is you, DukeBobby:
What is Dolan's favourite game?

papers pls
Check you PM :)

Honorable mentions:
What did Zelda say to Link when he couldn't open the door?
Tri-Force

My friend told me Kirby is the best in Smash Bros but I tried him out and he sucks at everything.

After getting Wolfenstein 3D "greenlighted" for Steam release, what did id Software say?
Mein Gaben!
:)

What do you get for walking to Anor Lando bare foot?
Dark Soles.

Good one a friend told me, Darksiders/Fallout related.

Q: Which horseman of the Apocalypse has the smelliest trousers?

A: War. War never changes.

Volotaire

What a fucking frustrating game. Complete nightmare. My 360 controller lost a few years of its life..I'm sure of it.

iWUcnMRArotBx.gif

No way I am going to try and perfect it either. Some of these achievements are downright insane..like

*beat all levels in hard difficulty*

nope.gif

You don't know the meaning of frustrating until you beat the first Runner.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just played through the
Red Hood flashback
in Arkham Origins.

Pretty much all fan service, but I love it. This game blows City out of the water, having a lot of fun with it.

StAidan

Oh boy, damage lists!

I've finished plenty of games this year, but rather than rehashing them I'll just mention that I finished The Swapper a few days ago. I liked the game a lot, it had a lot of atmosphere and I found it pretty easy to control. My only disappointment was that the challenge never ramped up for me. Pretty sure I had every room, save one, figured out within five minutes of entering. (The one exception had my brain tied up for a good half hour, though.)

I'd play a sequel if there ever was one.

Didn't win the first time? Don't worry, I have a second key.

This time around, it's still a joke with horrible pun(s), but I'm going to limit it to Valve/Steam related ones. Have fun!
t1398085200z0.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
OMG list time!!!!

Lost Planet 3
Deadpool
Lego Marvel
Lego Batman 2
Marlow Briggs
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Rising DLC
Stanley Parable
Lego Harry Potter
Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Lego Harry Potter 2
XCOM: Enemy Within
Kingdoms of Amalur
Kingdoms of Amalur DLC
The Banner Saga
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine
Resident Evil 6
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC
Strider (2014)
Thief
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC
Resident Evil 4
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Diablo III
Batman: Arkham City DLC
Batman: Arkham Origins
Bioshock Infinite - Burial at Sea 2
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
Batman: AO - Blackgate
Halo: Spartan Assault
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 DLC
Lego The Hobbit
Fez

Choke on it.

This time around, it's still a joke with horrible pun(s), but I'm going to limit it to Valve/Steam related ones. Have fun!
t1398085200z0.png
What would be the theme song of Kill la Kill is Gabe Newell was in the starring role?

Don't Lose Your Weight

I'm sorry

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

No way I am going to try and perfect it either. Some of these achievements are downright insane..like

*beat all levels in hard difficulty*
Man, if that's how you feel about Runner 2, I wouldn't want to know what you may think about the first one, lol

I thought the sequel was much easier. Mind you, I haven't finished my Hard playthrough, but on Normal I didn't have remotely the amount of pain and frustration I had with Runner 1. There are difficult levels here, sure, especially if you want to grab all gold and avoid all checkpoints, but they aren't on the same level than Runner 1's 3-9 or X-11 levels (not to mention the bonus levels, of which I have only beaten 3 or 4).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to see which games you've beaten this year? or people is simple doing it by memory?

I keep track via several different threads that I manually input times and dates into, along with Backloggery. But I know that Playfire tracks times, and Steam displays when you last played a game.

Beat Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening today...

mmlqjQ1.jpg

Welp.

I really enjoyed the first a lot, maybe playing this will make me appreciate it even more, haha.

But I think I will play something simpler and shorter so that I'm not in the middle of something before Dark Souls 2. Time to check the ol library and see what I want to boot up.

Let me save you some time. The game is shit compared to DA:O.

Chronoja

*snip*
Man, if you thought Runner 2 was bad I'm guessing you never beat Runner 1.

I completed Bit.Trip Runner 1 like a week or so ago, I'm still baffled by how those games are held in high regard, the frustration outweighs any satisfaction that comes from overcoming it. 3-10 specifically was the bane of my existence for a while. (obviously not my video, I didn't even bother trying to get the gold)

Einbroch

Banned
Just catching up on some games I've neglected. Holy crap Noitu Love 2 Devolution is AMAZING.

I just played through all three characters and each one was unique and a blast to play as, especially the last person you unlock. What a fun little game that completely took over my afternoon.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I completed Bit.Trip Runner 1 like a week or so ago, I'm still baffled by how those games are held in high regard, the frustration outweighs any satisfaction that comes from overcoming it. 3-10 specifically was the bane of my existence for a while. (obviously not my video, I didn't even bother trying to get the gold)
I am a huge fan of the Bit.Trip games, even if they are hard as fuck and I only managed to finish half of them. To me they are fun to play, and getting good enough to beat the challenges feels very rewarding. And the soundtracks are awesome.

Is there any consensus on what is the best RPGMaker style game on steam? I'm in the mood for one and I saw the Aveyond games were on sale. I wonder if they are any good. Edit: Now that I think about it, wasn't there a rpgmaker thread on gaf? Guess I should go look in there.

I finished Jurassic Park today. I gotta say, I am kind of surprised that I liked it so much. It is in no way perfect, but I found it to be a fun ride from beginning to end. Actually, I kind of wish that it would have gone on for longer. It was definitely worth my time and I enjoyed the extension of the original source material. As long as you don't mind QTEs (and like Jurassic Park), then I recommend it.

Khronico

Is there any consensus on what is the best RPGMaker style game on steam? I'm in the mood for one and I saw the Aveyond games were on sale. I wonder if they are any good. Edit: Now that I think about it, wasn't there a rpgmaker thread on gaf? Guess I should go look in there.

Skyborn is supposed to be pretty good.

Edit: Oh and yes To The Moon as toddhunter said. Get that game ASAP.

Skyborn and To The Moon, for different reasons.

Just catching up on some games I've neglected. Holy crap Noitu Love 2 Devolution is AMAZING.

I'm a bit surprised by this impression. Does it get better the more you play? Like a LOT better?

Momentary

Banned
I feel like the writers of Lost Planet 3 deserve some kind of award. The story is well written and well paced. The dialogue is delivered in a believable manner and doesn't sound robotic and forced. (At least from the major characters.)

The gameplay isn't astounding, but the story is keeping ne going. I'm really surprised with the game.

I'm done with metacritic and "professional" reviewing sites. If I would have paid attention to them I would have never found such an enjoyable story.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

t1398085200z0.png
Tuesdays make me lose steam.
*Walks away looking down knowing he failed at the joke*

Oh goody, just got hit by the ESO install bug that deletes all you files without warning if you install to another drive. 400GB gone just like that! All my photos, documents, music etc... I have some backups but it's now time to investigate recovery programs.

Grief.exe

Oh goody, just got hit by the ESO install bug that deletes all you files without warning if you install to another drive. 400GB gone just like that! All my photos, documents, music etc... I have some backups but it's now time to investigate recovery programs.

That game is just disaster after disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom