• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Filtering these out is available in Enhanced Steam for Chrome at the moment. The feature is still a bit of a "work in progress" as I'm trying to convince Valve to put the game's "actual" release date into the API to speed the process up.

Additionally, I asked them if they had seen the TotalBiscuit video from a few weeks ago (which asked Valve to add this type of filtering). Blank stares all around, nobody had seen it or heard anything about it.

They didn't see the TB video? What kind of bubble are they living in? No wonder the Steam front page has gone to shit. I'm sick of those old games too clogging up new releases.

Cth

El Matador? Blast from the past, one of those games you forgot exist the day after finishing them but now thinking about it I might have had some fun with that.

Speaking of blasts from the past, I remembered an old game called Spycraft this morning on the way to class.

Any chance it or Interstate 76 could ever find their way to Steam?

I know it's Activision and all so it's not likely..

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They didn't see the TB video? What kind of bubble are they living in?

The kind of bubble I'd like to buy a house and raise a family in.

No wonder the Steam front page has gone to shit. I'm sick of those old games too clogging up new releases.

Developers wouldn't take the time to port or rework their old games if they couldn't get the same exposure on the Steam store.

HoosTrax

Weekend deals are Ace Combat Assault Horizon EE (which should be Steamworks now) -75% = $7.49 USD, and Monaco free weekend.

edit: b10

Jawmuncher

thereisnocranev7ukz.jpg

There is no crane.

Thought it said There is no care. Would have been great if that's what it was.

_____________________________________-

Damn I was hoping Ace Combat would have hit 5 bucks by now.
Guess it's back to the waiting game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that Game Factory Interactive publishes on Steam (Cannon Fodder 3, Insane 2). We need to get them to release Xenus II and The Precursors.

I remember talking to DocSeuss about those games. I'll see if I can dig up the posts.

There is only one GFWL-removal I care about now

lolprice

I wish I could say the same.
But there's about 15.

Dark Souls (this is what you refer to above, I believe.
Capcom games (Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2 OTR, Lost Planet, Lost Planet 2, Resident Evil 5, SFxT, SSF4AE, etc.)
Fallout 3
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
GTA IV Complete
Red Faction: Guerrilla
The Club

Huh... did we know that ITSP had GFWL and it was removed? That's a Microsoft Studios title.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God dammit Shackles, you just need to sit down in an interview.

'What do you bring to this company?'
'Everything you are currently weak at as a company are tasks that I not only enjoy, but excel at. From fixing the Steam client, the piece that users interact with at all times, and interfacing with the community to find out their issues with the company as a whole.'
'Ok...What are your salary requirements?'

I believe it's only a matter of time before this comes to pass. Even people who work at Valve now believe this (though, apparently, not enough people can agree on it).

They just need to make it happen already.

Jawmuncher

I honestly think that's why Valve needs me. I love interacting with Steam users, finding out what issues they have with the platform, and doing my best to put fixes and UI changes in place to facilitate these pain points.

The fact that nobody currently working on Steam is doing this exposes a critical flaw in their way of doing things. Nobody knows your platform better than the people that are using it every day.

Yeah it is odd how they don't have a customer outreach program. It's great that they do their own thing but a lot of complaints do fall on deaf ears. It's especially evident when it's small stuff. Having to take out all the games inside a category to delete it why?

JaseC

I remember talking to DocSeuss about those games. I'll see if I can dig up the posts.

Here we go:

Will Xenus 2 and The Precursors ever come to Steam?

If people pester Game Factory enough The Precursors may hit Steam, but Xenus 2 is another story -- both Beamdog and GamersGate no longer carry it.
Any reason for that?

As with The Precursors, Game Factory published the English version it seems, so I'd guess its contract expired and Russobit-M wasn't interested in a renewal. Asking Russobit to put both games up on Greenlight may bear fruit, though. I'd guess Game Factory was enlisted to help because of its pre-existing presence on GamersGate.

Edit: Russobit doesn't seem to have an e-mail address listed for its sales department but you can try info@russobit-m.ru. Also, the site doesn't have an English language option so I'd keep it short and simple.

Russobit is probably the company you want to talk to but asking Game Factory couldn't hurt, either.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266840/discussions/0/558752449344932980/

So is it Valve that's trying to cut down on the RU trading?

He's referring to how the flag functions, not its inclusion. Valve really needs to change it so only areas wherein games are actually cheaper are affected; the flag applying to every South American and Eastern European territory is a bit much.

Mrbob

Developers wouldn't take the time to port or rework their old games if they couldn't get the same exposure on the Steam store.

A lot of these old games aren't reworked though. They just dump some old trash game on the store. It clogs up new releases. I'd love a filter to get rid of these games.

RPGMaker game of the day: Actual Sunlight

header_292x136.jpg

“The Biggest Challenge In This Game Is Preventing Your Character From Committing Suicide”
Kotaku

Important Notice
Due to explicit language, Actual Sunlight is not appropriate for players under the age of 18.

It also deals with extremely mature themes, including depression and thoughts of suicide. Similar to other forms of art that tackle these issues, Actual Sunlight can be an extremely powerful emotional experience – before downloading it, please first consider what your reaction to a book, film or piece of music in a similar vein might be.

For immediate updates on the game, please follow Will O'Neill on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/willoneill

I wonder how "deep" the game really is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah it is odd how they don't have a customer outreach program. It's great that they do their own thing but a lot of complaints do fall on deaf ears. It's especially evident when it's small stuff. Having to take out all the games inside a category to delete it why?

Or even smaller:

One of the very first Enhanced Steam features (even before wishlist highlighting was in place) was that Enhanced Steam would fix "broken" images on the wishlist. They aren't actually "broken", just a lot of stuff (mostly DLC) shows up as "No Image Available". So Enhanced Steam comes along and replaces the "No Image Available" images with the game's actual header images from the store.

The fact that it's still been this way for over 16 months - I'm honestly speechless.

Little things like this that add polish to your platform can really make a big difference. Hopefully someone at Valve realizes this and either fixes it themselves or hires me to do so.

fantomena

23€ for AoM?

I mean, AoM is one of the best RTS games I have ever played (far better than AoE imo), but 23€ for a remake is going to far.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A lot of these old games aren't reworked though. They just dump some old trash game on the store. It clogs up new releases. I'd love a filter to get rid of these games.
I mean, I'm all for making me the Ginty of Steam, where "I'll do what you shoulda did 10 minutes ago," but I'm the only one I trust with that kind of benevolent power.

Steam needs to be even-handed, unfortunately. If they let one set of publishers put up old games, they have to let all of them.

Maybe they should remove some of the lower-tier publishers? I've been here long enough to remember a time when people complained it was too hard to get on Steam.

Jawmuncher

Or even smaller:

One of the very first Enhanced Steam features (even before wishlist highlighting was in place) was that Enhanced Steam would fix "broken" images on the wishlist. They aren't actually "broken", just a lot of stuff (mostly DLC) shows up as "No Image Available". So Enhanced Steam comes along and replaces the "No Image Available" images with the game's actual header images from the store.

The fact that it's still been this way for over 16 months - I'm honestly speechless.

Little things like this that add polish to your platform can really make a big difference. Hopefully someone at Valve realizes this and either fixes it themselves or hires me to do so.

Highly agree. It's always pretty sad when I notice stuff like that when i'm not using Enhanced Steam. Really makes the service look dated or just lazy.

23€ for AoM?

I mean, AoM is one of the best RTS games I have ever played (far better than AoE imo), but 23€ for a remake is going to far.

The price we pay for it being more than just the old .exe thrown on steam.

JaseC

If 1C is going to follow in the footsteps of Strategy First/KISS and start dumping its back catalogue titles on to Steam it can bloody well bring back the original Space Rangers games. Hmph. (I own the original but not the sequel. :()

Dr Dogg

Well I hope those of you that were interested in Ride To Hell jumped aboard the crazy train while it was on offer. What? You didn't? For shame. Well guess I'll have to do something about that...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Ride To Hell Retribution #1 -- MB-2CD198D485B207C5
Ride To Hell Retribution #3 -- MB-49EBE045BC2AC36A
Ride To Hell Retribution #2 -- MB-1D9388AAFFDB8782
Ride To Hell Retribution #4 -- MB-6AB3355794A5F564

t1396555384z1.png

Shitty reviews be damned!

JaseC

Did Black Ops II just get a ton of DLC added?

Just a handful of skin packs. A little weird considering Ghosts is the most recent instalment, though.

Jase, have a question. Why does a Serious Sam 3 update in Steam database ALL the time? Just curious if you knew....

I've no idea but Croteam has been fiddling with it and TSE HD for months now.

Cth

Nooooo, I forgot to buy the Ride to Hell DLC.

I'll take option 4: The Steam forum threads.

/kills self for missing option 4

:D

/looking forward to checking out the game if it's similar to the Depression game from the Indie Gaming thread.
// paging Toma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom