• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
far cry 2 is the best far cry game by a country mile

also it is like ledsen's favorite game of all time.
FarCry 2 is the best FarCry. It is known.
Wrong, best Far Cry is Blood Dragon.

So the biker is The Stig?
LOL, I thought the same XD

FYI - I've added the other Goat Sim achievements that were just fixed to the Playfire Rewards.

As others have said, definitely not advised ;). We do ban those that we detect using SAM. But generally speaking, if the game has an exploit for a reward, we won't do anything about that. For instance, if you change your PC's clock for a time-based achievement, that's totally fine and really up to the developer whether they're happy about it.

More info here: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/37809833-What-happens-to-people-who-exploit-Playfire-Rewards-

Feel free to post suggestions on our blogs/forums, or follow me on twitter: @benbateman. Usually once a week I'll be putting together the rewards so often I ask for suggestions.
Interesting, good to know but I do have a question though. The other day I loaded FFVIII after finding my 12 year old saves, and upon loading them I got a flurry of achievements (but not all of them, there were some oddities), and I know it's not the only game where this happens. How do you guys deal with something like that?

Just need Critter Crunch. Oh well.

FTL update looks great. Can't wait to get back into it. Shame there still aren't any achievements.

AOMEE should have been $15, or $20 at most. Won't jump on that til it's at least 50% off. Bit disappointing. Especially since some of the "features" are kind of suspect... widescreen and day/night cycles? EASILY worth an extra $5...

Cth

So many people have Humble Bundle games at this point that even giving them away meets with a "Meh" like attitude.

The only two I don't have are: Natural Selection 2 and Pixeljunk Monsters..

And I can't stand TD.. so NS 2 isn't enough for me to pull the trigger.

I'd love for Microsoft to also release the original Age of Empires/Mythology games DRM-free at a place like GOG.

Would you like a free Windows 7/8 license with that? What I don't get with this new old MS games on Steam attitude is, why don't they use WinStore? Did they gave up on it or is the "Age of X" games are really that separate from MS control?

Dr Dogg

Reposting for new page just in case you all want the guiltiest of pleasures.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Ride To Hell Retribution #1 -- MB-2CD198D485B207C5 - Taken by Milamber. 43 entrants total.
Ride To Hell Retribution #3 -- MB-49EBE045BC2AC36A - Taken by arts&crafts. 41 entrants total.
Ride To Hell Retribution #2 -- MB-1D9388AAFFDB8782 - Taken by mcfishstick. 45 entrants total.
Ride To Hell Retribution #4 -- MB-6AB3355794A5F564 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 37 entrants total.

t1396555384z1.png

What the fuck it's over?!?!? Goddammit I was saving card money for that! I thought I had until 2.

Fuuuuuuuuckkkk

Well I did set it up as a free for all so you could have 4 chances to 'be lucky'. Plus seeing as it's not Deathcocks 2: The Recockening or the latest Indie darling that I doubt even 4 people are going to be interested in Ride To Hell. Though if that doesn't pan out give us a shout and I'll see if I can hook you up.

Whoever grabs this needs to actually play it. Especially if they have a few beers or friends over. It's hilarious.

Dude just been straight laced and sober still brings on the giggles. Kind of reminds me of the really bad horror films we all used to watch at uni where the director or the principal cast were taking it seriously despite the whole outliner being a train wreck.

You know the drill...

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-6B65C65C6DC982E8 - Taken by Cth
Little Inferno -- MB-4AF0CE984B1BC59A - Taken by Madridista

Child of Light looks cool

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256290/

Ubisoft, fuck.

First non-Rayman to use UbiART engine?

The FTL update is fantastic. Might even double dip on the iPad version.

What new features did you notice?
I have just launched it and I can see 3 difficulty levels instead of 2 and a way crispier graphics, but aside from this it looks the same to me so far.

Update: it seems there are substancial changes, now it seems to me much more enjoyable.

By the way very nice game, when I first tried it I was hooked, but later on I have found the game to be a little unfair to the player even playing at easiest difficulty,

I have just launched it and I can see 3 difficulty levels instead of 2 and a way crispier graphics, but aside from this it looks the same to me so far.

Improved UI and presentation
New weapons/augmentations
New functionality (save positions, return to positions!)
New race
Tons of new events

etc. I am sure there's a list somewhere.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, can you help me out?

I can't run Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition at all.

I have Windows 8.

I have deleted and reinstalled GFWL.

I have deleted and reinstalled Dark Souls.

There's no error. It just starts the process, shows it as running in my task manager, but nothing's happening.

I don't know what the deal is.

I have Windows 8.

There's no error. It just starts the process, shows it as running in my task manager, but nothing's happening.

Try everything here multiple times and hope it eventually works
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls:_Prepare_to_Die_Edition

I can't it working anymore either.

Thanks PetriP-TNT for NS2!

Hehe, I was going to delete it and send it to you directly after seeing your previous post but glad you got it!

I have Windows 8.

try installing GFWL setup from
\Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition\REDIST\GFWL

and install from elevated privileges (Run as Administrator)

By the way very nice game, when I first tried it I was hooked, but later on I have found the game to be a little unfair to the player even playing at easiest difficulty,

What v said
Improved UI and presentation
New weapons/augmentations
New functionality (save positions, return to positions!)
New race
Tons of new events

etc. I am sure there's a list somewhere.
While small, the save positions/return to positions addition is appreciated and makes managing your crew better. The new systems are great additions. As well, just the new little events that pop up are great.

I guess you could argue it is unfair, though I'd just say there's an element of luck/randomness involved. But being a Dark Souls/Demon's Souls fanboy, that's never bothered me.

zkylon

zkylewd
But if it ends up being as bad as everyone says, maybe I'll come to appreciate the original even more. It's like jumping to "Dear Prudence" right after "Revolution 9". The former is always great, but it sounds even better when you just listened to the aural abomination that is the latter.

Besides, I'm sure it isn't as bad as people think. I mean, it has Deus Ex as part of the title, doesn't it? Surely it's not completely bad?
i'll try this again

no

NO

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on the supporter badges for Enhanced Steam that you'll be able to earn by pledging donations on Patreon.

speeAaf.png

The different badges will be for different levels of support - Patreon works very similar to Kickstarter except instead of paying once, you pledge a monthly donation that will go to pay for things like badly needed server infrastructure.

In addition to these, I'm working on other badges you can display on your profile for helping support Enhanced Steam. Some will even be free. :)

louiedog

I picked up Goat Simulator this morning and got most of the achievements in a couple of hours and should get ~$10.36 back after playfire rewards. Not bad for a $9.99 (or $8 if you buy 2 or more from GMG and use the 20% off voucher). The play for the first time goes away in 5 hours, but even with $9.53 back it's not too shabby and there's 12 more days to earn the achievements which aren't that hard.

I love so many of the ways that this game is broken.

inm8num2

It would be nice, but let them fully embrace steam first, then we can get them to put the games on other storefronts.

I think hell will freeze over before MS goes DRM-free. :p

Would you like a free Windows 7/8 license with that? What I don't get with this new old MS games on Steam attitude is, why don't they use WinStore? Did they gave up on it or is the "Age of X" games are really that separate from MS control?

?

Most likely. No Steam features listed on the store page and created by a Ubisoft-owned studio.

I was hoping that the lack of Uplay mention on the Steam store page meant that it would be uplay free, but I think they'll just add that important information once the game releases.

Pachimari

This is what happens when you don't give away kittens promptly after they're born:

I'm running out of hats.

So I have applied for the left-over which nobody took, but still haven't heard back from ModBot. Did Avencast: Rise of the Mage get a winner already?

zkylon

zkylewd
Working on the supporter badges for Enhanced Steam that you'll be able to earn by pledging donations on Patreon.

speeAaf.png

The different badges will be for different levels of support - Patreon works very similar to Kickstarter except instead of paying once, you pledge a monthly donation that will go to pay for things like badly needed server infrastructure.

In addition to these, I'm working on other badges you can display on your profile for helping support Enhanced Steam. Some will even be free. :)
ooo nice you actually went for the patreon thing

congratulations dude

Tellaerin

But if it ends up being as bad as everyone says, maybe I'll come to appreciate the original even more. It's like jumping to "Dear Prudence" right after "Revolution 9". The former is always great, but it sounds even better when you just listened to the aural abomination that is the latter.

Besides, I'm sure it isn't as bad as people think. I mean, it has Deus Ex as part of the title, doesn't it? Surely it's not completely bad?

Honestly? I've said this before, but Deus Ex: Invisible War isn't a bad game. It's just not a very good Deus Ex game, especially following on the heels of the first. The original Deus Ex gave people an unprecedented amount of gameplay and narrative freedom while still managing to tell an engaging story. I think people expected Invisible War to break new ground in the same way DX did, and it falls short on that front. Likewise, while the story's not bad, it doesn't pull off anything on par with DX's interweaving a dozen different conspiracy theories and urban myths into an amazingly coherent whole. There was also a little disappointment from some quarters about this being the future of the DX universe, since it wasn't necessarily the direction they wanted to see things go in a sequel.

If you're really interested in playing it, I'd say to go ahead, to satisfy your curiosity if nothing else. The game does have its moments. Just don't go into it expecting an experience on par with DX or Human Revolution.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ooo nice you actually went for the patreon thing

congratulations dude

Yeah, thanks for the idea. Hopefully it'll be successful and give the project some much needed funding for servers. I'm still in the process of getting everything set up for it: Youtube introduction video, graphics, page layout, support reward tiers, goals, etc.

If everything goes according to plan, I should be up and running with it next week. :)

DukeBobby

Ride to Hell: Retribution is a worthless piece of crap. Everything about it is just dreadful. The graphics, animation, voice acting, dialogue, shooting, fighting, driving etc.

After the fourth fully clothed sex scene within the space of about 2 hours, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The most recent one was during an assault on a farm house, where Jake, the wonderful protagonist, stops his pursuit of one of the men who murdered his brother, to bang a blonde chick who doesn't have a single line of dialogue. After that she just vanishes into thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom