• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just a handful of skin packs. A little weird considering Ghosts is the most recent instalment, though.

Everybody knows Blops2 is the GCODOAT.

I've no idea but Croteam has been fiddling with it and TSE HD for months now.
They keep plugging away at the patch that finally makes their games good. It is basically the large hadron collider of game development.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

From the void, the gods of darkness and light created Agarest, a most perfect and divine world. As the generations passed, paradise sadly fell to the ravages of time. War darkened the skies and Agarest soon became a torturous hell as the gods divided and immense armies clashed, desecrating the once beautiful...

A pre-purchase discount of 20% ($19.99 -> $15.99) applies until the game's release in two weeks.

Well I hope those of you that were interested in Ride To Hell jumped aboard the crazy train while it was on offer. What? You didn't? For shame. Well guess I'll have to do something about that...

Shitty reviews be damned!
What the fuck it's over?!?!? Goddammit I was saving card money for that! I thought I had until 2.

Fuuuuuuuuckkkk

Jawmuncher

Well I hope those of you that were interested in Ride To Hell jumped aboard the crazy train while it was on offer. What? You didn't? For shame. Well guess I'll have to do something about that...

Shitty reviews be damned!

Whoever grabs this needs to actually play it. Especially if they have a few beers or friends over. It's hilarious.

Jawmuncher

An early bird discount of 20% ($19.99 -> $15.99) applies until the game's release in two weeks.

So who has played this on consoles?
I liked the First agarest war but the game was really picky on how to get the true ending and having to farm enemies for items for new weapons was pretty lame. Does Zero fix any of that?

Jawmuncher

I've had 2 foils drop today. Either im getting lucky or they slightly tweaked the drop rate on those. Though oddly Batman took 5 hours to drop all it's cards.....I hope something else isn't hiding in the background.

Garcia

The Heroic and Iron challenges of Kingdom Rush are brutal!

Stuck on level 3's Heroic. Tried almost 10 times and I'm getting closer to the sweet spot each time I fail. I love the adrenaline surge during the last wave >_<.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Don't do it.
It's pretty horribad.

You're being a bit harsh their IMO. Yeah it launched in a pretty bad state but it's been fixed up very nicely and is a lot more fun now with another big update due today. Of course it doesn't have the budget of bigger games but for that price I could easily recommend it. Especially to a ROTT fan.

I think I'll be playing more games over the next few days, fell down some stairs at school and now my ankle hurts(goin' to the doc later today)

So I started Arkham Oranges, only played for about an hour and gameplay wise it feels basically the same as Arkham City, bit odd that a few gadgets that were in beta in AC are at the start in AO.

Also, damn it Chris Redfield why are you here?!
Seriously, Roger Craig Smith's Bruce Wayne voice sounds identical to Chris Redfield.

Jawmuncher

I think I'll be playing more games over the next few days, fell down some stairs at school and now my ankle hurts(goin' to the doc later today)

So I started Arkham Oranges, only played for about an hour and gameplay wise it feels basically the same as Arkham City, bit odd that a few gadgets that were in beta in AC are at the start in AO.

Also, damn it Chris Redfield why are you here?!
Seriously, Roger Craig Smith's Bruce Wayne voice sounds identical to Chris Redfield.

Is this intentional. If not I still love it.
Also Batman sounding like Chris Redfield is a A+ in my book.

Is this intentional. If not I still love it.
Also Batman sounding like Chris Redfield is a A+ in my book.
It is intentional.
I'm sure I wouldn't mind it too much normally, but right now I've just recently finished RE5 and REvelations and soon I'm going to be playing through RE6, I'm getting Chris Redfield overload man.

So who has played this on consoles?
I liked the First agarest war but the game was really picky on how to get the true ending and having to farm enemies for items for new weapons was pretty lame. Does Zero fix any of that?
It's a much better game than the first. I haven't played much of either, but a lot of people feel that Zero is all-around a better game. Gonna buy it later~!

Don't do it.
It's pretty horribad.
Agreed. I hated Rise of the Triad and I got it for free.

Jawmuncher

It is intentional.
I'm sure I wouldn't mind it too much normally, but right now I've just recently finished RE5 and REvelations and soon I'm going to be playing through RE6, I'm getting Chris Redfield overload man.

Well thankfully you're getting overload on one of the best gaming character ever made.

I'm pretty sure they have the same personal trainer. And the same "supplements" supplier.

Looks like were getting that Batman X RE crossover sooner than I thought.

Forgot to buy last weeks weekly humble bundle.

Was planing on getting it when I get home from work but I forgot :(

I guess nobody has an extra laying around? I only wanted magical diary and neo scavengers.

Started playing Analogue: A Love Story. I think it's the first visual novel I've played and it's a pretty interesting way of telling a story. The game (?) revolves around reading the logs and emails of a family to discover what happened to them, as the logs are selectively revealed to you by an A.I. It can be a bit difficult to keep track of all the Korean names at first but once you get into the story it gets easier. Pretty interesting twist about halfway through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is age of mythology another microsoft joint?

$23.99 (-20%) / $71.99 for a 4-pack ($18 a piece). The 4-pack is about $20 cheaper in BR. I don't know if there are any restrictions.

A pre-purchase discount of 20% ($19.99 -> $15.99) applies until the game's release in two weeks.

I've barely put time in Goat Sim and Age of Wonders, but I'll need to add these to my immediate backlog soon.

Edit: Mythology is a bit expensive though.

Between PS/ios/other bundles I have all of those games. What a relief. I also found PJM to very quickly escalate from fun and simple to frustrating as fuck. Just a warning for those of you who haven't played it yet.

Nabs

Now we need them to throw Ilomilo+ on Steam. The game is pretty cool, and I think it could do okay on Steam.

Jawmuncher

This Age of Mythology image looks retarded. Should've used the original one
Glad i'm not the only one who thought so.

Doesn't the awfulness of the game get old quick tho? Watched the Giantbomb quicklook of it a while ago and it was bonkers back then.

Eh it depends on how you play it. Can't say it won't get tiring to some.
But its meant to be played quickly. If you try to play it like a real game exploring and doing the sideqests and the like then I could see it getting old.

derExperte

Between PS/ios/other bundles I have all of those games. What a relief. I also found PJM to very quickly escalate from fun and simply to frustrating as fuck. Just a warning for those of you who haven't played it jet.

It's obvious that Monsters is one of the earlier modern tower defense games (2007 on PS3) and lacks many comfort features like fast forward which makes the trial & error gameplay that forgives zero mistakes even worse. It's often impossible to know what to built when and where until you know every single wave until the very last one, the games loves to be a dick and throw something at you that completely ruins 30 minutes of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom