• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

I want to do Portal 2 but I am at home at an awful time when most of GAF is busy. And the ones I know are at the same time as me don't even have Portal 2.

EDIT: I'm at work right now and I want to play.

Coldsun

Banned
For 2014 so far, I've beaten

Bioshock Infinite DLCs
Bulletstorm (again)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC (again)
Dishonored
Thief
Resident Evil 4 HD

Kind of sad really. Thought i'd have more freetime but I'm putting it almost all into CS:GO =(

Tellaerin

I was glad to run into people but, I did not like how overly pandering they were. It was jarring because I couldn't (or Gordon didn't) respond to their prompts, or even existence, and these painful silences hung over every encounter. I imagined this emo Gordon pantomiming "yeah, whatever, bitch" to every gleeful npc that greeted him. Not that it wouldn't be understandable, his shit's been thoroughly fucked up.

The way people respond to Gordon feels kind of awkward to me in general. Everyone fawns over him to the point where it almost borders on parody. The fact that he's a silent protagonist just makes it worse. If he had dialogue that made him out to be particularly admirable, or charismatic, or a natural leader, it'd be easier to sell the whole "Gordon Freeman!" thing, but without anything like that to help justify it, the over-the-top admiration he gets from everybody he meets just feels unearned somehow, even taking his actions in HL into account.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Didn't win the first time? Don't worry, I have a second key.

This time around, it's still a joke with horrible pun(s), but I'm going to limit it to Valve/Steam related ones. Have fun!
t1398085200z0.png

Q: What's GladOS' favorite brand of cereal?
A: Glad Oh's

Seemed to get most of my data back, probably lost one directory of old work photos and some old university work. I recovered them, but I not confident the files are repairable. Though I'm pretty sure I have most of it backed up on my old computer.

Steam games that weren't deleted are being recognised as there when it checks for files already present so I won't break my ISP this month.

WARNING!!!!

If you happen to install ESO from disk and choose not to install it on your primary C:\ drive, let's say your f:\ drive, ensure you add a directory like f:\eso. If you just select f:\ which is the default setting and hit install the first thing it will do is delete everything in the f:\ directory, no warning, no are you sure, all gone! So dumb.

Seemed to get most of my data back, probably lost one directory of old work photos and some old university work. I recovered them, but I not confident the files are repairable. Though I'm pretty sure I have most of it backed up on my old computer.

Steam games that weren't deleted are being recognised as there when it checks for files already present so I won't break my ISP this month.

WARNING!!!!

If you happen to install ESO from disk and choose not to install it on your primary C:\ drive, let's say your f:\ drive, ensure you add a directory like f:\eso. If you just select f:\ which is the default setting and hit install the first thing it will do is delete everything in the f:\ directory, no warning, no are you sure, all gone! So dumb.

wipes_sweat-forehead.gif

That is real, real silly though.

WARNING!!!!

Wow, that is just bullshit. Is there a thread 'bout this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what's the normal limit?

The default friend list size is 250, but this is bumped up to 300 if you elect to link your Facebook profile with your Steam account, and, as I'm sure you're aware, as of the current Steam Community you gain an extra five slots for every Steam Level you earn. I'm currently sitting at 535, for example (250 + 50 + [47 x 5]).

Is Mafia 1 available on any of the DD sites?

Nope. Song licences expired.

WARNING!!!!

This reminds me of Steam's wise-based uninstaller back in its early days. You could choose automatic or custom and one of the latter options was the folder in which Steam was installed (or the drive letter itself), which, if selected, naturally wiped everything. Unwise indeed. ;)

WARNING!!!!

ESO: Killin' time, killin' wallets, killin' drives.

Dambrosi

Banned
WARNING!!!!

Thank you for reinforcing my stance on never buying this piece of shit game.

However, I did just "buy" Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger and some random Darksiders 2 DLC with my remaining GMG credit. Praise be to Playfire and all, but I'm thinking of giving the cheev-hunting a break for a while...well, maybe after some Portal 2 and SonicGen, which I've been wanting to have a go of for some time anyway. It just feels too much like work, and not even for minimum wage rates! Anyone with me?

Dr Dogg

This reminds me of Steam's wise-based uninstaller back in its early days. You could choose automatic or custom and one of the latter options was the folder in which Steam was installed (or the drive letter itself), which, if selected, naturally wiped everything. Unwise indeed. ;)

In a sense that's what ESO is doing. Regardless of if you install it via discs or download the installer if you change the install path from default to another drive it doesn't create a directory tree and installs it to the route of your drive unless you specifically tell it to point at a folder. Someone I was talking to said even if you cancel the install it will quit and do a cleanup removing everything from the directory set at the install prompt regardless if it created it or not. If this happens to be the root of the drive, well goodbye content.

I'm almost at the end of The Bureau, this game is amazing, such potential for more games, the third person / tactical squad combat works very well.

Vuze

Did somebody else happen to have problems unlocking the Portal Conservation Society in Portal 2? I did the course multiple times in splitscreen with my little brother today, we didn't die nor did I miss a portal, so I'm not sure why it didn't unlock :|

According to the interwebz local splitscreen shouldn't void the ability to get achievements. We didn't use the console either.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How do the Tropico rewards work? I pre-ordered when it was already past the first tier, do I still get Tropico 4 now that Tier 2 is unlocked as well?

didamangi

Did somebody else happen to have problems unlocking the Portal Conservation Society in Portal 2? I did the course multiple times in splitscreen with my little brother today, we didn't die nor did I miss a portal, so I'm not sure why it didn't unlock :|

According to the interwebz local splitscreen shouldn't void the ability to get achievements. We didn't use the console either.

Achievements are disabled in local coop sadly, though there is a way around it.

- Enable console in the keyboard options
- Click "Play Cooperative" and wait for it to load the friends list.
- Bring up the console and type ss_map mp_coop_start

Be wary this will unlock all the chapters after the first tutorial though, so you'll get the achievements for finishing all the coop maps, though the playfire rewards didn't include that so no big deal.

Vuze

Achievements are disabled in local coop sadly, though there is a way around it.

- Enable console in the keyboard options
- Click "Play Cooperative" and wait for it to load the friends list.
- Bring up the console and type ss_map mp_coop_start

Be wary this will unlock all the chapters after the first tutorial though, so you'll get the achievements for finishing all the coop maps, though the playfire rewards didn't include that so no big deal.

Thanks, I will try that! I already finished all courses with a buddy a while back and thus unlocked the achievements so no biggie on the eventual insta-unlocks.

E: Thank you very much! Works like a charm :) I wonder why they didn't implent a more proper Splitscreen mode tho.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh goody, just got hit by the ESO install bug that deletes all you files without warning if you install to another drive. 400GB gone just like that! All my photos, documents, music etc... I have some backups but it's now time to investigate recovery programs.
What the hell? Man, here's hoping you can recover your stuff :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
However, I did just "buy" Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger and some random Darksiders 2 DLC with my remaining GMG credit. Praise be to Playfire and all, but I'm thinking of giving the cheev-hunting a break for a while...well, maybe after some Portal 2 and SonicGen, which I've been wanting to have a go of for some time anyway. It just feels too much like work, and not even for minimum wage rates! Anyone with me?
Yes it does. That's why I don't go out of my way to get those rewards. I only do the "launch X game" stuff, because it can be done in less than a minute, or start playing the games I was already interested in (like Nihilumbra or Type:Rider).

FloatOn

I'm almost at the end of The Bureau, this game is amazing, such potential for more games, the third person / tactical squad combat works very well.

Someone else sees the light. It was the sleeper hit of that year and I fully expect it to be a gaf darling in like 2 years.

A game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legends of Aethereus -- MB-1479C586116FE97A - Taken by _hekk05

Kaleinc

Banned
Thank you for reinforcing my stance on never buying this piece of shit game.

The evil plan has been seen through.

Parsnip

WARNING!!!!

That's incredible, wow.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legends of Aethereus -- MB-3588A1E88FA4AC88 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 4 entrants total.
Love Plus -- MB-CA218DA0B2ACD377 - Taken by Evrain. 10 entrants total.
Kaptain Brawe -- MB-7E8D1304F907758B - Taken by Gez. 6 entrants total.

t1398090279z1.png
Some spares!

Arthea

Anybody who played Just Cause 2 multi, what is it like? Is it fun to play with friends, what exactly you do in multi?
Also related, could you suggest couple of fun to play coop games, what you consider is the best of the best on steam?

guys? Any input would be appreciated!
pretty please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom