• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I want to go Portal 2 as spoiler-free as possible like when I played through Fez.

Are there any Playfire achievements that are easy to miss and I need to look up? Such as find all the secret rooms or collect all the things throughout the game?

Chapter select makes skipping around quite easy.

Im sorry, but what do you mean? Everything is not running for you either?

V

He's saying he also shows a difference in funds between what his GMG and Playfire accounts show.

I am too, lots of people share the same issues. If your balance doesn't update within a week I'd open a ticket.

yup this. Havn't had an issue before this. It seems like this the way they handle these rewards is more of a manual process than automated unfortunately.

Really wish all these webm hosts weren't blocked at work, they are so sexy to look at.

Arthea

My first time playing it was on Easy, with infinite lives. That allowed me to get a grasp of the controls and skill level demanded of me by the game. Little by little I gained knowledge of when to jump and how far, best routes to save time (and/or the easiest ones), how long do the disappearing platforms stay invisible (there's a sort of progress bar at their side that shows it to you) and more. It's a bit like Super Hexagon, where you can see yourself getting better at it the more you try.

So yeah, you could say I had a... really pun time with the game. Guess this saying is true: good at Love, bad at love
:(

you know what's funny, until pointed out repeatedly, I tend to forget that games sometimes have an easy mode (><)
I can't take my words back, but if you have infinite lives, it can't be a stupid hard game, sorta...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the Burial At Sea episodes for Bioshock Infinite and really enjoyed them, the second one more so than the first. At the end of it my reaction was basically this:

eK0CwwP.gif

Good ending to the game overall I thought. Might start on the Dishonored DLC this evening, heard some really good things about those.

aku:jiki

Binding of Isaac is about as addictive as it is flawed - I definitely understand why McMillen wants to make a new version with better programmers - but not only is it great fun to play, it just hooked me up with a 90% off Portal 2 coupon. Nice!

Now fix the cards database so I can finish off this other badge Gabe pls

Milamber

You obviously haven't seen the covers for Vanadis lol

Oh man, I checked those covers out and now it reminded me of Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Damn you, I now want to play it again!

EDIT: One of the most addictive hentai game ever, seriously. They can remove the H scenes and put it up on greenlight, I don't care. It's real good in the harem/alchemy/battle aspect.

Arthea

Binding of Isaac is about as addictive as it is flawed - I definitely understand why McMillen wants to make a new version with better programmers - but not only is it great fun to play, it just hooked me up with a 90% off Portal 2 coupon. Nice!

Now fix the cards database so I can finish off this other badge Gabe pls
Now that is a stupid hard game (><)
I can see attraction, even if I don't have patience to finish it.

Oh man, I checked those covers out and now it reminded me of Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Damn you, I now want to play it again!

And I just had to google it... Never again! (><)
what Alchemy has to do with it, anyway?

Dr Dogg

That was awesome way to kill someone

The great thing about Sleepy Dogs' core systems is that they all mesh and transfer seamlessly into one and another. So essential it's you can flip flop between driving,fisticuffs, back to driving and then shooting with no wonkyness inbetween.

Really wish all these webm hosts weren't blocked at work, they are so sexy to look at.

Yeah I did try to .gif it but it ended up being 400mb! Even hideously compressed and dropped down to 30fos it was getting close to 50mb as a .webm

fantomena

I just bought Lococycle and the 0.10$ from the purchase seems to have forced GMG to sync.

Weird thing is that 90% of the rewards that came from those 18$ are achievements which I gained long time before the rewards system was introduced. Probably a glitch. A nice glitch. :)

d53542223d.png

images

aku:jiki

Now that is a stupid hard game (><)
I can see attraction, even if I don't have patience to finish it.
Man up, son. I bought it two days ago and I've already beaten mom and mom's heart. I'm chilling now but I'll kick Isaac's ass later tonight.

Douchey jokes aside, you just need to learn basics like how to find the secret room reliably, managing bombs/keys/money, never-ever-ever pick up the chocolate milk if you're using a controller, keep the wiki in a tab so you can look up new items and not screw your run up with a crappy item and learn to accept the fact that some rooms and a couple of bosses are just straight-up stupid. The fact that the mask+heart enemy always spawns in fours is ridiculous and will fuck you over brutally, but random bullshit deaths are an unfortunate part of the roguelite genre.

Guys, I have a 4770k at stock speeds with a stock cooler. Can I get away with OCing it without too many concerns? I kinda just want to see if I can get a noticeable different from OCing it but i dont wish to purchase any new hardware for it.

Milamber

Guys, I have a 4770k at stock speeds with a stock cooler. Can I get away with OCing it without too many concerns? I kinda just want to see if I can get a noticeable different from OCing it but i dont wish to purchase any new hardware for it.
I was warned not to do that in the PC Build threads with my 4670K so take their advice.

Grief.exe

Just grab a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus/EVO

Always been great cooling solutions for the price.

maneil99

With stock you aren't going to get much better then stock, therefor you aren't going to see much of a difference

derExperte

you know what's funny, until pointed out repeatedly, I tend to forget that games sometimes have an easy mode (><)
I can't take my words back, but if you have infinite lives, it can't be a stupid hard game, sorta...

It's not hard either way, took me less than 3hrs to get all the achievements other than completing the game with one life. But I did a playthrough without using own spawn points and died less than 10 times. Every part of the game is fair and I would actually recommend it to beginners because of its short length. Btw depending on when you played afair a patch made the controls more precise.

gabbo

Finished the Burial At Sea episodes for Bioshock Infinite and really enjoyed them, the second one more so than the first. At the end of it my reaction was basically this:

eK0CwwP.gif

Good ending to the game overall I thought. Might start on the Dishonored DLC this evening, heard some really good things about those.

Are the Burial at Sea worth it for someone who wasn't particularly enthralled by the base game? The reaction gif makes think it's got a more revelatory ending than B:I's twist.

Are the Burial at Sea worth it for someone who wasn't particularly enthralled by the base game? The reaction gif makes think it's got a more revelatory ending than B:I's twist.

The first DLC is ok and really just serves as setup for the second one at a couple of hours long. The second one is about 4-5 hours long and is Bioshock meets Dishonored. It's pretty good and a decent farewell to the series and Irrational.

Anteater

Twice, installing that particular cooler ruined my motherboards. It just didnt work out for me. It's the reason I stuck with the stock cooling this time around : /

I installed the cooler then found out my motherboard don't even support custom voltage, so I couldn't really OC much, all those work for nothing :(

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

As Freedom above says the meat is really in the second DLC though the first one isn't too bad either. I think it's definitely worth experiencing as a fairwell to Bioshock Infinite. Really don't want to spoil anything so I'm not saying anything but I was certainly satisfied when the end credits rolled on episode 2 :) More so than when the credits rolled on the main game (but I liked the main game too...)

Depends on whether you've finished Bioshock Infinite, and how strongly do you feel about Bioshock's Rapture. If you like Rapture as a setting, you'll like this DLC.

Jawmuncher

I didn't want to bump my Dino Crisis thread since I might get yelled at again.
But I did some searching and while capcom doesn't own www.dinocrisis.com, .org, or .net
When I searched www.dino-crisis.com someone apparently owns it. It doesn't actually go anywhere though. Probably doesn't mean a damn thing but since my detective skills suck this is the only thing I have going.

EDIT: Apparently dino-crisis without www. is availble but it's unavilable if I add www.
I think this search function is just whack.

So my conclusion: I have no idea what i'm doing.

_hekk05

Banned
I didn't want to bump my Dino Crisis thread since I might get yelled at again.
But I did some searching and while capcom doesn't own www.dinocrisis.com, .org, or .net
When I searched www.dino-crisis.com someone apparently owns it. It doesn't actually go anywhere though. Probably doesn't mean a damn thing but since my detective skills suck this is the only thing I have going.

EDIT: Apparently dino-crisis without www. is availble but it's unavilable if I add www.
I think this search function is just whack.

So my conclusion: I have no idea what i'm doing.

It's time to let go.

Vuze

Brother and me spent the afternoon with Portal 2 Coop Splitscreen and getting the cheevos for Playfire rewards. Fun times! I definitely cannot wait for Portal 3 if it should happen within my lifetime.
Thanks again to didamangi for the "enable achievements" workaround :)

Hopefully someone can help me out here: I use a few different controllers on PC (360, PS Nav, DS4). Is there a tool or an easy way to switch them to different player assignments? Even with the PS pads off for instance, my 360 pad is assigned as player 3 not 1.

The PS pads are using the Scarlett Crush Xinput wrapper btw.

DocSeuss

No, because the multiverse stuff, which pretty much ruined Infinite narratively, is just DUMB.

But... the gameplay is way better in the second one. The first one's a lot of "hey, walk around, doing nothing but admiring pre-fall Rapture, okay now go to a place that's like post-fall Rapture and do normal Bioshocky things and feel sad that Infinite wasn't in Rapture again, then remind yourself why you hate the bullet sponges." The second one's got way better overall gameplay, but it's at its deepest early on, and gets progressively shallower as the game progresses.

By the end of the game, I actually just crawled into bed and lay there throughout some lengthy cutscenes, waiting for them to end. When they did, I found I didn't really want to pick up the game and finish it. But I did anyways. If I remember, it was mostly just some walking.

DocSeuss

Only in the second episode.
The first one is just shit.

I would actually argue that the attempt at grafting stealth in made the second DLCs gameplay worse.

Yeah, realizing I made that error, I edited my initial post to explain better.

I'd be curious, Stallion Free, to know why you think it made the second worse? That, for me, was the only good thing about it. The rest of the second DLC was... pretty bad, I thought? Generic Infinite shootery bits and/or lengthy cutscenes with walking. Not fun at all, in my own opinion.

Don't get me wrong, there was one area where stealth was just not FUN, but in that initial opening area, I enjoyed it, and whenever I could actually hide from people by climbing up into the rafters or whatever, I took delight in taking them down. Problem was more that I did very little damage, so enemies were bullet spongey. It was like "hey, one-hit-kill stealth weapons, guys!" or "hahaha, here are guns that do NOTHING for some reason."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It was really crudely implemented. The player has really poor tools to use and they aren't rewarded for using it in the slightest. It feels incredibly binary as well despite enemies having a "seeing you" meter. I switched back to shooting completely in the last two thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom