• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

I am afraid that if I buy Dark today, it will be bundled tomorrow

Always a significant worry!

Yes. You are a bad person.
DARK is so shit they didn't even bother animating climbing, you just teleport around the place (including halfway up walls as a way of 'climbing')... and the writing is emo 13 year old level. The stealth is a joke and the combat is horrible.
Avoid.

Aw yisssss. Those sound like some horrible mechanics alright! The writing being god-awful is just going to enhance how wonderfully terrible it'll be!

It's been on my wishlist for ages, it looks cool. I have no idea why it's supposed to be bad.

Yeah mine too! It looks like a budget stealth vampire hybrid game, and it was critically torn apart. All the intrigue! I figure I may not bite, just because I might not have time to dive in right now! But I sure do want to!

Dr Dogg

Cancel my Darks Souls II collectors edition and buy the base game from GMG or keep it and wait a week/pay more?

Then again I'm full of work regarding college for the next few weeks....

Decisions decisions.

That's a quandary I'm facing. Wait a week and get extra swag but be wound up something chronic if I even set foot on GAF or take the plunge and cancel my physical order and grab a digital code now. But yeah I'm quite busy next Sunday and the week there after so I might end up cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Ruruja

Would be nice.
Didn't Gabe Newell say something like people will be able to open up their own storefronts and curate it themselves?

Can't wait until that happens so I can find someone who has tastes similar to mine and just bookmark their store and go there.

Wasn't he referring to devs/publishers, rather than us?

Holy shit, screw work I just opened Steam and activated this fucker.

It says "sub 36517", huh. Anyway, yeah, preloading as soon as I get back home. One thing is activating stuff, another is download off work's network, which is basically a death wish/sentence.

DARK SOULS II: PREPARE FOR SMOOTH AND SILKY, DURANTE APPROVED EDITION

Exuro

He was referring to...

...everyone!

Valve see storefronts as UGC.
I really wonder how they're approaching this. I'm assuming there will be a complete makeover of the store for a more modular approach so users/pubs/devs can easily set up their own storefronts.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They got the voice of Geralt, and the script is so bad he's just phoning it in (or so I'd like to imagine. Judging by the horrible sound mix, it's probably just incompetent direction)
Enjoy the start of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foeYkL1s5Ak
I'm at work, so I can't really watch it now. That said, I read your previous post, so it may be bad indeed.

It's still staying on my wishlist for now. Maybe for a buck or so it can be enjoyable.

Cancel my Darks Souls II collectors edition and buy the base game from GMG or keep it and wait a week/pay more?

Then again I'm full of work regarding college for the next few weeks....

Decisions decisions.
Skip the game altogether and finish The World Ends With You instead!

zkylon

zkylewd
oh shit my dks2 nuuvem key is up

ijFKnTEoUDmPF.png

THE HYPE IS REAL

The_Monk

As soon Dark Souls II releases someone will need to feed me pretty screenshots and entertaining gifs, please. I'll be sure to check the PC thread for it every now and then.

Echoplx

Holy shit, screw work I just opened Steam and activated this fucker.

It says "sub 36517", huh. Anyway, yeah, preloading as soon as I get back home. One thing is activating stuff, another is download off work's network, which is basically a death wish/sentence.

DARK SOULS II: PREPARE FOR SMOOTH AND SILKY, DURANTE APPROVED EDITION

That's the store sub as well, kind of weird they don't have a separate retail sub

http://steamdb.info/sub/36517/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning gaf (technically its already almost 8pm but I just woke up)

any new bundles around?

Seeing that "Love" on indiegala monday bundle I remembered that I got it from some bundle. But when did it got greenlit and where is my key?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Check monday indie gala.

Almost 8pm? Don't tell me you were celebrating a certain victory last night... :)

no, I work graveyard shift, and had to work extra too last night.

but I was celebrating it in my heart nonetheless o/

dani_dc

That's a quandary I'm facing. Wait a week and get extra swag but be wound up something chronic if I even set foot on GAF or take the plunge and cancel my physical order and grab a digital code now. But yeah I'm quite busy next Sunday and the week there after so I might end up cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I'm mostly considering the 40 vs 80 euros at this points, I think it's best to assume I won't be playing it much this week.

Skip the game altogether and finish The World Ends With You instead!

Man, just finished putting 27 hours in Virtue's Last Reward this last few days (and a few more hours in New Little King story [ugh the framerate] and some Project Diva).

I'm ready to go back to my PC gaming and play a challenging game.

They're japanese, that's just how they roll.

7Xzw28U.jpg

KING OF FIGHTERS XIII also features caps. Same as MGR (which was mentioned already) and ACE COMBAT ASSSAULT HORIZON.

Because I guess Japan loves CAPS, they differentiate enough from the entagled network of kanji everywhere.

There must be something in the Steam docummentation that is telling them to go full on caps, heh.

edit: Oh, yeah, SEXY BEACH REVELATIONS. Xenosaga, Xenoblade on that game library. If only, IF ONLY!

I asked about the caps in an MGR thread and apparently Japanese companies think caps are "compelling"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95840107&postcount=1036

lol

See my most above. Glad I have confirmation but, yeah, it's a thing that stands out a lot over a stream of kanji and, moreover, helps a bit alleviating the katakanization (or the permanent, constant use of english words in katakana form). Not that they'll stop using them since english words are cool, except for my japanese professor who wants us to use all the original terms, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
I asked about the caps in an MGR thread and apparently Japanese companies think caps are "compelling"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95840107&postcount=1036

lol

i like it, japanese devs being comically clueless about pc development is one of my favorite things about them lol

edit: Oh, yeah, SEXY BEACH REVELATIONS. Xenosaga, Xenoblade on that game library. If only, IF ONLY!

you wish your library was half as hot as mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom