• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i like it, japanese devs being comically clueless about pc development is one of my favorite things about them lol

you wish your library was half as hot as mine

It feels like JP is the only person to ever talk to them about western culture and pc development

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not all Japanese games are in all-caps.

res.png

EDIT: GAH. I was ninja'd on this one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mostly considering the 40 vs 80 euros at this points, I think it's best to assume I won't be playing it much this week.

Man, just finished putting 27 hours in Virtue's Last Reward this last few days (and a few more hours in New Little King story [ugh the framerate] and some Project Diva).

I'm ready to go back to my PC gaming and play a challenging game.
But... but... TWEWY's combat is challenging, at least for me :/

KING OF FIGHTERS XIII also features caps. Same as MGR (which was mentioned already) and ACE COMBAT ASSSAULT HORIZON.

Because I guess Japan loves CAPS, they differentiate enough from the entagled network of kanji everywhere.

There must be something in the Steam docummentation that is telling them to go full on caps, heh.

edit: Oh, yeah, SEXY BEACH REVELATIONS. Xenosaga, Xenoblade on that game library. If only, IF ONLY!
Same deal with PROTOTYPE 2. The previous game wasn't all caps (or the other way round, I forgot which is which).

zkylon

zkylewd
It's weird seeing you type in anything but lower case letters.
actually if you would believe it when i started posting here i was pretty shy and cautious about capitalization and shit

i also write work emails like this

who has time for capitalization rite

OF COURSE™! :p

It needs some eroge VNs in there too though. Or Saya No Uta.
i only have katawa shoujo but never played it

i don't think that's eroge tho

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

This talk about uppercase letters made Capcom make RE4 all lowercase.

this is hilarious

Dusk Golem

Also if anyone asks, the point of RE4 you can play up to theoretically without carrying anything or using your knife is El Gigante, I am waiting for a good chance to play through all of RE4 on a stream, but I played a few times for shits and giggles and one attempt was to see how far you can get in the game if you just throw all your stuff out at the start of the game and don't pick anything but key items up, and don't use the knife at all. The point you can't continue with only killing Del Lago is either the section when Las Plagas first show up, where you have to shoot the crates, or if you take the other route you get stopped at El Gigante.

zkylon

zkylewd
All the talk of game sales made Capcom put together a DLC sale so I'm not surprised. :p
lol that dlc sale was the funniest thing to ever hit steam

So what you're all saying is we need to be able to locally edit game titles. All these caps/trademarks irritate me.
clearly the only solution is to buy everything on origin and manually add them to steam

this will EMPOWER you with the ability to RENAME them

Jawmuncher

actually if you would believe it when i started posting here i was pretty shy and cautious about capitalization and shit

i also write work emails like this

who has time for capitalization rite

i only have katawa shoujo but never played it

i don't think that's eroge tho

this is hilarious
There are sex scenes so yes?
not sure eroge has a broad definition i think.

Nzyme32

http://gamingonlinux.com/articles/linux-steamos-earn-the-400-games-badge.3529

at this rate 500 titles for the Steam Machines launch is going to be an underestimation by Valve

They quoted 400 as the amount available at launch at the end of last year so I would be fairly sure they are wrong again and that number does increase. It will be interesting to see what games are set to appear around their machine launch. Kind of hoping they do something like dev days but aimed at directly at steam users and detail future games and features for steam as a whole

Dusk Golem

Also, Saya no Uta needs to come to Steam! It's official English version only came out last year, and I'm sure it has an audience!
It's one of the most fucked up games anyone will ever read!

18obwt72bh62yjpg.jpg

264.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so you cant buy multiple copies of the same game on GMG anymore?

zkylon

zkylewd
There are sex scenes so yes?
not sure eroge has a broad definition i think.
so does the witcher and it's not eroge i think :p

Also, Saya no Uta needs to come to Steam! It's official English version only came out last year, and I'm sure it has an audience!

grossness
looks like a gorier-version of something ice-pick lodge would do

dani_dc

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...fit,fl_progressive,w_636/18obwt72bh62yjpg.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NPgcmUkHq9k/Tf3fdfMUEmI/AAAAAAAAAFc/7VDKNv2bMkQ/s1600/264.jpg

Consider me interested, the only work of Gen Urobuchi I experienced so far was Puella Magi Madoka Magic and I quite enjoyed that.
Steam needs more VN's in general.

I'd love a port of 999 and VLR's, or just a release of Ever17.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So what you're all saying is we need to be able to locally edit game titles. All these caps/trademarks irritate me.
This, and also be able to manually sort them however we want. That's basic functionality 101, so I hope to see that happen if when Jshackles gets hired by Valve.

They quoted 400 as the amount available at launch at the end of last year so I would be fairly sure they are wrong again and that number does increase. It will be interesting to see what games are set to appear around their machine launch. Kind of hoping they do something like dev days but aimed at directly at steam users and detail future games and features for steam as a whole

Yeah, a Steam conference aimed at customers would be good. Steam clearly has grown to a point where it could warrant such a thing. Fairly certain Valve could pull off a solid one instead of some of the shlock the other major guys are doing.

Also want to hear more about high profile linux versions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all the same type of challenge I'm talking about. TWEWY challenge is a lot about coordination between two screens, Dark Souls is about overcoming specific situations.
I know man, I'm just making fun of you :p

But I seriously mean it, I'd go back to TWEWY instead of buying Dark Souls 2 if I were you. Though I don't like DS, so I may be a liiiiittle bit biased.

Dusk Golem

Consider me interested, the only work of Gen Urobuchi I experienced so far was Puella Magi Madoka Magic and I quite enjoyed that.
Steam needs more VN's in general.

I'd love a port of 999 and VLR's, or just a release of Ever17.

Any of those would be great, though Saya no Uta is probably the best horror visual novel I've read personally. Gen Urobuchi style of taking sort of cliche things and turning them very dark and twisted, but interesting and intelligent, is something I enjoy. For Madoka it's the magical girl genre, and Saya no Uta it's the romance genre. However, heads-up is that Saya no Uta is a lot darker and messed-up than Madoka is.

only been said a million times.

is your origin ready?

I need this. I hope we get the chance to explore more than one city this time.

Is there any easy way to cancel GMG preorders? Ordered Dark Souls yesterday but I want in at the cheaper price.

If you email them they should be able to credit you the difference. Assuming you are referring to GMG in both cases.

natertots

DARK SOULS™ II pre-loaded and ready to go.

Same here. I can't wait until Friday. I have this week off due to a surgery I had a few weeks ago. Sucks I can't sit up and do much for long periods but hopefully by Friday I will be feeling better. I could always have someone move my PC and hook it up to the TV for this event.

zkylon

zkylewd
Saya no Uta is a classic, the scenes I posted for anyone curious aren't spoilers as they happen literally in the first 20 minutes of the game, and the gore is hardly the messed-up part. But it is legitimately interesting experience.

Also it has a legitimately pretty great soundtrack.
i think i'm good

elfen lied was enough for a lifetime

I'm one of the few who enjoyed DA1 and 2 and I'm not gonna be able to resist this. Hopefully it follows EA sale tradition and drops fast. Getting BF4 for 20$ like less than a month after release for my bro felt damn good.
yea i think i might get it too as soon as it drops

i really liked dragon age 1

you guys are nuts! Geralt would kill you dead for insinuations like this, with my help, I might add!
this guy?

chibi__geralt_by_materiae-d3hfgfu.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any easy way to cancel GMG preorders? Ordered Dark Souls yesterday but I want in at the cheaper price.

Submit a support ticket. The money will be refunded to the payment method you used (although you could presumably ask for it to be refunded as GMG credit regardless, if you so desired).

gabbo

so does the witcher and it's not eroge i think :p

looks like a gorier-version of something ice-pick lodge would do
I have no idea what that game is, or what eroge is; but this sentence, this sentence right here. You have my attention. Do I need to go back a page or two and read up?

dani_dc

I know man, I'm just making fun of you :p

But I seriously mean it, I'd go back to TWEWY instead of buying Dark Souls 2 if I were you. Though I don't like DS, so I may be a liiiiittle bit biased.

Well I'd probably have to start TWEWY from the start, or at least read somewhere what happens up to where I am since I haven't played it in years.

And yes, you're extremely biased.

Any of those would be great, though Saya no Uta is probably the best horror visual novel I've read personally. Gen Urobuchi style of taking sort of cliche things and turning them very dark and twisted, but interesting and intelligent, is something I enjoy. For Madoka it's the magical girl genre, and Saya no Uta it's the romance genre. However, heads-up is that Saya no Uta is a lot darker and messed-up than Madoka is.

That all sounds great to be honest, plus, my friends know me for loving messed-up stuff (as I'm sure Riona can attest for), it's a real same that this games never seem to make it to Steam, I'm sure it's partly due to the publishers of the games themselves.

Hopefully user stores will allow this to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom