• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legends of Aethereus -- MB-2FFA9490F33106E4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1398110599z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That all sounds great to be honest, plus, my friends know me for loving messed-up stuff (as I'm sure Riona can attest for), it's a real same that this games never seem to make it to Steam, I'm sure it's partly due to the publishers of the games themselves.

Hopefully user stores will allow this to be corrected.

Then you'll probably like it, it's a big cult title which has got a lot of attention for a few things about it. It might pop up sometime on Steam, I'd guess it'd do fairly decently if it was on Greenlight. The official description for the visual novel is:

Fuminori Sakisaka has a traffic accident which kills his parents and leaves him heavily injured. When he has a brain surgery to save his life, his perception of the world changes: everything he sees becomes blood and guts, people's looks and voices seem like monsters, and food that normally appeals to him tastes disgusting.

As he contemplates suicide in the hospital, Fuminori meets a beautiful girl among the flesh-covered walls. She introduces herself as Saya, and is apparently looking for her father. Fuminori does not want to be separated from Saya, and asks her to live with him. She agrees.

Can I email them and ask for credit for using a 20% off coupon last week? Always annoying when they do last minute deals better than those used by people who ordered earlier.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm probably alone in this but i really appreciate the 8.2gb size of dark souls 2

i'm not ready for 30 or 50 gig games, i don't want them, i want my sound compressed, i want to mindlessly install games, not sigh when it takes like half a week to download

i'm probably alone in this but i really appreciate the 8.2gb size of dark souls 2

i'm not ready for 30 or 50 gig games, i don't want them, i want my sound compressed, i want to mindlessly install games, not sigh when it takes like half a week to download

I have a 128 GB SSD. Games like Thief or Bioshock Infinite, with their 30+ GB are just a nightmare to me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
actually if you would believe it when i started posting here i was pretty shy and cautious about capitalization and shit

i also write work emails like this

who has time for capitalization rite

you're completely right. capitalization is for losers :p never change zky.

If we're talking about VN's we want on Steam, other than the inevitable Steins;Gate, the one I want the most is Paca Plus, keeping it's current translation.

mainArt.jpg

Mainly because it's as dumb as it sounds. And the translation is filled with grammatical and spelling errors.

Bonus Vinesauce video

Even though I have no space or bandwidth concerns or anything, I'm a fan of games that don't go overboard on space just because they can. I don't need games having 30GBs of audio or cutscenes.

Furyous

What's the verdict on planet explorer and Snow the game?

I can't run Snow but I want it anyway.

Planet Explorer looks like a good game that I can run

Speaking of games that run on Mavericks... LOLDEUSEXHUMANREVOLUTIONLOL

The fan goes off at 1440x900 using a PS3 controller.

Something tells me I'm not ready for Street FighterxTekken.

FTL should run smooth on HD 4000 in theory.

Annubis

Oh man, I checked those covers out and now it reminded me of Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Damn you, I now want to play it again!

EDIT: One of the most addictive hentai game ever, seriously. They can remove the H scenes and put it up on greenlight, I don't care. It's real good in the harem/alchemy/battle aspect.

Late to reply, but yeah... that game. I easily put 80 hours on it.
It would easily stand on its own even without anything kinky in it.
There's nothing quite as rewarding as crafting the ultimate hammer for the main character and going o_O !!! at the abilities on it.

maneil99

Red ORchestra 2 just had a 8.5 GB patch lol that added 1 map + game mode...

Zafir

What's the verdict on planet explorer and Snow the game?

Planet Explorer looks like a good game that I can run

Speaking of games that run on Mavericks... LOLDEUSEXHUMANREVOLUTIONLOL

The fan goes off at 1440x900 using a PS3 controller.

FTL should run smooth on HD 4000 in theory.

Planet Explorer seemed fun enough from what I played. It came onto Steam early access in a pretty playable state, you can build and explore without too many issues. The downsides are single player story mode gets a bit repetitive at the moment since there isn't a great deal of quest variety, and if you set up an adventure mode game, the store can break the game a bit as you can buy top end stuff quite quickly from mining petroleum etc but you don't have to use the store. There's a few bugs here and there too, but nothing game breaking. I'd say it's definitely worth giving a look if you're interested though.

Aerocrane

SNOW still has no audio, but the gameplay is alright. There isn't much content yet either, so I'd wait and see if the project gets anywhere as the current pace of progress is quite slow.

Also Street Fighter X Tekken is a bad time if you want to play online. The netcode is a horrible mess and online play is difficult even with low ping. For the multiplayer portion of the game it uses Games For Windows Live which is shutting down soon. Capcom have not announced any plans to support the multiplayer of the game through a different service, so I'd assume it's going to die soon. I don't even know if you can play the offline modes once the Games For Windows Live servers go offline.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have a 128 GB SSD. Games like Thief or Bioshock Infinite, with their 30+ GB are just a nightmare to me.
yea, that too

my system disk is like 500gigs and it's still not enough

i really don't want other languages or flac audio and shit

i just want the game and the game only

Even though I have no space or bandwidth concerns or anything, I'm a fan of games that don't go overboard on space just because they can. I don't need games having 30GBs of audio or cutscenes.
exactly

who gives a shit

make it an optional download for sound crazies or something

If we're talking about VN's we want on Steam, other than the inevitable Steins;Gate, the one I want the most is Paca Plus, keeping it's current translation.

mainArt.jpg

Mainly because it's as dumb as it sounds. And the translation is filled with grammatical and spelling errors.

Bonus Vinesauce video

fuck that alpaca shit's face more terrifying than that uta goro thingie

like gotdamnit

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'd probably have to start TWEWY from the start, or at least read somewhere what happens up to where I am since I haven't played it in years.

And yes, you're extremely biased.
That's it, tonight I'm putting you through a "Previously on TWETY..." session, courtesy of yours truly.

That all sounds great to be honest, plus, my friends know me for loving messed-up stuff (as I'm sure Riona can attest for), it's a real same that this games never seem to make it to Steam, I'm sure it's partly due to the publishers of the games themselves.

Hopefully user stores will allow this to be corrected.
This isn't a joke, mind you. I still haven't been able to erase from my mind the last few pics you showed me.

Then you'll probably like it, it's a big cult title which has got a lot of attention for a few things about it. It might pop up sometime on Steam, I'd guess it'd do fairly decently if it was on Greenlight. The official description for the visual novel is:
This... doesn't sound too bad, to be honest. I think there's something very very wrong with me.

Ruruja

If I could wish for one thing on my birthday in September. It would be for zkylon to say happy birthday to me with the H and B capitalised.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thief is 30gb?

...why? :/

Im not even shitting on the game, it just looks like a normal 8gig game from all the videos

Knurek

fuck that alpaca shit's face more terrifying than that uta goro thingie

like gotdamnit

185568_v0_600x.jpg

Also, everyone should at least try to experience Saya no Uta.
Pretty much the only eroge, where sex scenes are terrible because they should be so, not because the authors can't write them for shit.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
SNOW still has no audio, but the gameplay is alright. There isn't much content yet either, so I'd wait and see if the project gets anywhere as the current pace of progress is quite slow.

Also Street Fighter X Tekken is a bad time if you want to play online. The netcode is a horrible mess and online play is difficult even with low ping. For the multiplayer portion of the game it uses Games For Windows Live which is shutting down soon. Capcom have not announced any plans to support the multiplayer of the game through a different service, so I'd assume it's going to die soon. I don't even know if you can play the offline modes once the Games For Windows Live servers go offline.

You can play with an offline profile when gfwl goes down on SFXT.Honestly though you better off picking up SFXT on 360/PS3(hell even Vita) than PC at this point unless you get it for the cheapest price possible during a sale. You at least get better netcode(although still not that great) on consoles/vita and a decent population compared to the 10-20 players on pc that will be extinct when gfwl dies. The game also runs on the highest settings minus AA on even HD4000 at 720p

Caerith

Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to Steam? Pretty much all day I've been timing out/"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to steamcommunity.com" while sites like issteamdown.com say it's up.

Oh, and does anyone know a way to invert horizontal in Amalur? Changing the ini file just changes it for mouse, but gamepad still only lets me invert vertical. This is one of my biggest peeves with gaming.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to Steam? Pretty much all day I've been timing out/"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to steamcommunity.com" while sites like issteamdown.com say it's up.

Not all day, but it's currently not available for me. I'm getting the "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" message in Chrome.

As of 4:27 PM EDT, Steam is working for me.

dani_dc

That Alpaca game looks amazing as well.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out incase it appears, if not I might just have to buy it elsewhere.

That's it, tonight I'm putting you through a "Previously on TWETY..." session, courtesy of yours truly.
Joke's on you, I've been awake since we last talked 20 hours ago and thus I plan to go sleep very soonish.

This isn't a joke, mind you. I still haven't been able to erase from my mind the last few pics you showed me.

On another hand, I don't even recall what was it that I showed you (whatever it was, I assume it's probably best not mention it in this thread).

The sad thing is that I only show you the light stuff I find, my other friends get considerably worst stuff =(
Probably explains why I have so few friends.

This... doesn't sound too bad, to be honest. I think there's something very very wrong with me.

Clearly my influence begining to show.

zkylon

zkylewd
If I could wish for one thing on my birthday in September. It would be for zkylon to say happy birthday to me with the H and B capitalised.

plot twist: i have no shift key

i also love to use underscore for variable-naming for coding, fuck the haters

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

The description isn't the bad part.

Actual Saya no Uta Spoilers:
It's sort of messed-up from the beginning but it's a game that's kind of slow-burn and gets progressively more and more messed-up as it goes. It's fairly well written and the art of the game is pretty good, along with the soundtrack. And not just in over-the-top stuff, it's actually kind of low-key and has a few moments later that are decently creepy and atmospheric (for a visual novel), especially in the snowy cabin scene.

The game over its course deals a lot with deceived perception and what perception means to humans. How absolutely terrible, vile acts can seem 'okay' if your perception is shifted, and one moment that happens to many is realizing their sympathizing with who could only be described as a monster. And how acts like consuming the flesh of your friends and converting someone who has only shown you kindness to a mindless, inhuman literal sex pet is okay. Or how people will react when in foreign situations, such as a scene where a neighbor who has a happy family will smash in the skull of what he perceives as a monster without a second thought or realization he's in the wrong and just smashed in the skull of his young daughter.

Among other things, arguments of which of the three endings is 'best', and told with some great tact and thought-provoking of morale, and gruesome details and imagery matched with great atmosphere.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Since I been away for a while. Here's several games nobody probably wants or already have.

ModBot said:
Instructions for poopninjamvc3mk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Weeky -- MB-FAA4F20FA1646C9F - Taken by Casimir. 7 entrants total.

t1398113124z1.png

mainArt.jpg

Bonus Vinesauce video

Lol

Does Paca Plus has sex scenes?
please say no

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

dani_dc

I can't believe nobody asked Gabe about the EA situation during his AMA. I mean, a simple "not happening" is all we'd probably get, but it's still worth a shot. I wish EA would just follow Ubi and offer two client versions.

Did people not ask or did he not answer?

There were a lot of questions that he didn't answer, I would be surprised if no one asked.

BTW guys, I've started Secrets of Raetikon, and I like it a lot.

I know the reviews are not so good, but the art is fantastic, and the exploration is really fun (even though a little bit too much on tracks). I've also always been fascinated by the flight of birds, so it's great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom