• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AssDogs 3: Blood Child of Light Origins

Day 1

Giantbomb has a bunch of video footage of Watch_Dogs.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-watch-dogs-04-22-2014/2300-8779/

You craft to unlock hacks. Craft. You craft to unlock hacks.

Day 1

He also turns around and hacks a helicopter in a split second while doing a sweet motorcycle jump off a ramp, so realistic...

I think if you are using realism as a barometer in gaming, you are doing it wrong. Unless we're talking about Goat Simulator. That shit is spot on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did play every RE, when they came out too, and the tight hallways and doors that need X crest to open did remind me of the old ones, at least in the little I played, what can I say. I didn't say it was as good or complex, just that it reminded me of them, certainly more than RE6 did

Megasoum

Banned
So I remember a bunch of people getting Titanfall for super cheap on the Mexican origin store right? I guess it's safe to do?

I could get both Watch_dogs and Dragon Age for really cheap so it's tempting.

He also turns around and hacks a helicopter in a split second while doing a sweet motorcycle jump off a ramp, so realistic...

I'm not complaining about the realism of finding crafting materials to unlock hacks it's more that I don't like some of Ubisoft's design tendencies with adding bloat and filler activities, like having to find crafting materials to unlock upgrades. In general I'm not a fan all of these time consuming MMO/rpg-lite mechanics that are being added games.

At least with the multiplayer it sounds like you opt into it or choose to ignore it and can just play a single player game.

Lunaniem

So I remember a bunch of people getting Titanfall for super cheap on the Mexican origin store right? I guess it's safe to do?

I could get both Watch_dogs and Dragon Age for really cheap so it's tempting.

I bought Titanfall using that method and I haven't had any problems with my Origin account.

The_Monk

I just finished the Story of Section 8 fellow GAFfers:

I2TthEF.png

As you can see it's quite short because it's a game mostly focused on Multiplayer. For some odd reason I once decided to install this and since I didn't want to delete it before finishing I decided to complete it today. I would like to offer better impressions but, I'm out of ideas and context to write.

- It uses Games for Windows Live.
- It's not Halo.
- The main character is very silly when he's running at high speed.
- Dropping from the sky and landing while punching the ground is really nice.
- Graphics are not that bad considering it's not a recent game.
- I still don't know why I played this and why did I finished it but I did.
- I guess it's +1 Completed game -1 on the Backlog.

finished Episode 2 of RE:Rev. Starting to really like it, it really feels like old school RE (as in 1-3 / code veronica), at least during the Jill / Parker sections. Thank god I just got a ammo capacity upgrade because her limited capacity was driving me nuts.

I really don't get this at all. Revs is just as much an action game as 4/5/6, you can even move and shoot! It completely baffles me when people say its a return to old Resident Evil survival horror.

I don't want to buy BB:CP on PS3 because I'd want it on PS4 or PC... I suppose it they eventually release a Vita version, I could live with that in the meantime. :|

Isn't BlazBlue still 2D tho, won't the performance be largely the same?

if any of GGXRD, soul cal 6, DOA6 or tekken tag 3 don't come to pc they'll force my hand into buying a ps4

Well, I've done my part for the cause. I think I've purchased every major Japanese fighting game that's been released on Steam so far. Hell, I'd buy Virtua Fighter 5 if Sega actually gave into Grief's petition.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I2TthEF.png

As you can see it's quite short because it's a game mostly focused on Multiplayer. For some odd reason I once decided to install this and since I didn't want to delete it before finishing I decided to complete it today. I would like to offer better impressions but, I'm out of ideas and context to write.

- It's not Halo.

Okay this review is awesome. Blunt and to the point, but told me exactly why I should pretend I never bought it.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hyper Fighters -- MB-1C31CA16433B74A9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-5051D0728E2D3076 - Taken by Jive Turkey. 3 entrants total.

t1398299473z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-D120D3A4CA4523C5 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Jolly Roger -- MB-45825CA68BF742BE - Taken by Sammichu
Gun Monkeys -- MB-3620480555067589 - Taken by TuckingFypo
Tales from Dragon mountain The Trix -- MB-282A95140EAC3446 - Taken by BernardoOne
Master Reboot -- MB-315E46B5875F6FBF - Taken by KenOD

Also there is a free Sugar Cube code right here --->

Would you mind sharing the information here as well? Turns out I have the damn Stormrise OEM version on my account too :\

Well, currently all 3 parties are pointing fingers at each other.

I contacted SEGA first, they told me "get lost, we have no more keys period, ask GameStop for a refund." (JaseC tells me, however, that developers can generate keys for app IDs they voluntarily pulled from the market at any time, so SEGA should be able to actually generate a new Stormrise key for anyone affected by this issue.)

So I asked GameStop for a refund. GameStop said "get lost, ask Steam for help installing." Which isn't really the problem as the game installs fine, it just is the wrong app ID so we can't request a CD Key for GFWL validation from Valve.

I followed GS's directive and then contacted Steam -- offered my receipt to pair with the fact that Stormrise OEM was tied to my account and explained that I could not generate a CD key because it was the OEM app ID on my account (from GameStop) and further explained the history of my support case asking for a resolution of them adding the non-OEM app ID to my account. Steam said "it's a third party game, bother SEGA."

I responded immediately explaining (again) that they were the third business in my quest for support and that they were telling me to go back to SEGA who would tell me to go back to GS and the cycle would repeat. I argued that my third party issue should be handled by them because I was having problems requesting a CD key after installation (which is due to the app ID being for OEM version). I further asked that, if they were not willing to change my Stormise license to the retail version or simply add the retail version to my account that they advise me on either (1) who to contact at Sega and what to tell them in regards to getting my issue solved or (2) to provide me with evidence that I could use to seek a refund from GS. I have not seen a response yet. Hopefully this update won't take another week to get someone to look at it.

Isn't BlazBlue still 2D tho, won't the performance be largely the same?

Yes, but I prefer my fighting games on my large TV with my fightstick.

Regarding BlazBlue...

Will we get the Sequels on Steam too? I still have the boxed PC version somewhere at home, but would rather wanna play the Sequels.

Yes, but I prefer my fighting games on my large TV with my fightstick.

Which your PS3 can already do, yes?

I thought it was mentioned there would be performance differences between the PS3 and PS4 version of Xrd but if BBCP is just 2D, won't it be the same?

Also we'd have to pay for online play on the PS4, yes?

Grief.exe

Doh.

The Dark Souls II game servers will be unavailable for maintenance during the following times:

4/24 12:00 AM - 2:00 AM PDT
4/24 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM EDT
4/24 8:00 AM - 10: 00 AM BST
4/24 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CEST
4/24 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM JST

Thank you for your understanding!

You sure that isn't consoles? The game isn't even out on PC during that time period.

Even if it does effect the PC version, really only the press and Durante will have issues.

Well, currently all 3 parties are pointing fingers at each other.

I contacted SEGA first, they told me "get lost, we have no more keys period, ask GameStop for a refund." (JaseC tells me, however, that developers can generate keys for app IDs they voluntarily pulled from the market at any time, so SEGA should be able to actually generate a new Stormrise key for anyone affected by this issue.)

So I asked GameStop for a refund. GameStop said "get lost, ask Steam for help installing." Which isn't really the problem as the game installs fine, it just is the wrong app ID so we can't request a CD Key for GFWL validation from Valve.

I followed GS's directive and then contacted Steam -- offered my receipt to pair with the fact that Stormrise OEM was tied to my account and explained that I could not generate a CD key because it was the OEM app ID on my account (from GameStop) and further explained the history of my support case asking for a resolution of them adding the non-OEM app ID to my account. Steam said "it's a third party game, bother SEGA."

I responded immediately explaining (again) that they were the third business in my quest for support and that they were telling me to go back to SEGA who would tell me to go back to GS and the cycle would repeat. I argued that my third party issue should be handled by them because I was having problems requesting a CD key after installation (which is due to the app ID being for OEM version). I further asked that, if they were not willing to change my Stormise license to the retail version or simply add the retail version to my account that they advise me on either (1) who to contact at Sega and what to tell them in regards to getting my issue solved or (2) to provide me with evidence that I could use to seek a refund from GS. I have not seen a response yet. Hopefully this update won't take another week to get someone to look at it.

Sheesh. I got mine from a video card promo so I'd probably get told to go to Nvidia and ask them about it :\

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Well, I've done my part for the cause. I think I've purchased every major Japanese fighting game that's been released on Steam so far. Hell, I'd buy Virtua Fighter 5 if Sega actually gave into Grief's petition.

Same here, I would have hoped Dark Souls success on steam would demonstrate the value of the platform to Namco but they just hate us I guess.

Tecmo is also on my shitlist for giving us that awful Ninja Gaiden Z game instead of the excellent DOA5+

Which your PS3 can already do, yes?

I thought it was mentioned there would be performance differences between the PS3 and PS4 version of Xrd but if BBCP is just 2D, won't it be the same?

Also we'd have to pay for online play on the PS4, yes?

Oh true... but I don't want to buy it for my PS3 -- that's a place where my backlog just grows and I'd rather play something on my PC or Vita. I thought you were asking about buying it for Vita since I said I'd buy it there if it was never coming to PC and they released the port in the west.

And I already have online if I were to get a PS4, as I have a PS+ sub sometime into 2016 between my PS3 and Vita ownership.

I'm surprised you went through all this effort for a game that I would recommend not even playing.

It is attached to your account, correct? You have the trophy.

I didn't get it for a trophy -- I got it because the concept sounded interesting and I wanted to give it a shot. The fact that it was removed is irrelatvant to my interests. Just like Deadpool and some of the other "removed from Steam" games, I did not buy it for a +1... I bought it because I have an interest in the game, good or bad, and want to check it out... if I get to try it and don't like it? Well, fuck, $20 poorly spent. But to spend $20 for a +1 that isn't on the store anymore? That's bullshit (and for the record, JaseC is going through just as much trouble and wants his fixed too... though that might be partially because if he can get the retail and OEM attached to his account, he got a +2 out of the deal... :lol).

Hell, if I end up getting a refund for the game and nobody gives me a retail key so I can actually play it, I'd probably open a support ticket to remove the game from my account.

You sure that isn't consoles? The game isn't even out on PC during that time period.

Even if it does effect the PC version, really only the press and Durante will have issues.

Dark Souls FB page said that the game would unlock at 6pm EDT tomorrow, I think.

Didnt some GAF Insider say VF5 was planned for PC (or they even began to port it?) but the japanese said "PC lol, cancel it!"?

I remember something like that.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I2TthEF.png

- It's not Halo.

Section 8 Prejudice is much better and even has a campaign attached to it. Nothing great but not too bad. Also has a 4 player Swarm/Horde mode.

I still hate that they used GFWL for both Section 8 games. That killed the communities stone dead despite being decent multiplayer games (the sequel especially so).

I will say one thing, it has some of the smartest bots I've ever seen in a multiplayer game! :p

Thanks for Hyper Figthters Notself!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rochard -- MB-DB2237DD5789964C - Taken by Freedom = $1.05

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Great grandson of Sam Fisher, a hipster that has no sense of purpose in his life, goes back in his famous forefather's memories to find the secret of the... uh...

The Red Ass, a Soviet submarine that's about to start the endwar. It's up to him to discover the secret through the chaos theory in order to prevent the sub from launching its rogue spear. Unfortunately, he has to deal with a double agent and phantoms that want to create Pandora tomorrow.

Turfster

The Red Ass, a Soviet submarine that's about to start the endwar. It's up to him to discover the secret through the chaos theory in order to prevent the sub from launching its rogue spear. Unfortunately, he has to deal with a double agent and phantoms that want to create Pandora tomorrow.

I like you.

Levyne

Banned
Trying some FTL with the update for the first time.

I learn I am still really bad at it, haha. But it's fun just to see how well or how poorly things can go starting out. I don't feel like I've run into a lot of new content yet, (yes, I have it enabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom