• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Actually, he spends most of the episode charging his underwhelming Spirit Bomb.

Then you have to watch it explode anyway for a quarter of the episode :(

-Anteater

Yeah, the DLC is pretty much out of nowhere and yet essential to the narrative if you care about that. One is full of tedious puzzles, the final encounter of the second one is really challenging (at least relative to the rest of the game) and is also pretty tedious, but I admit that it was rewarding to finally conquer it.

Yeah, in a way it's kind of neat because they actually changed the achievements to reflect the DLC being incorporated into the game officially. Lords of Shadow 2 is gonna seem really weird if you don't do those last two chapters.

Thanks I'll get through those DLCs since I'd like to play LoS2 at some point, the demo was really cool.

Well, I'm downloading the multiplayer but the fact that people say it's slow and REALLY bullet-physics-y makes me leery about playing it online.

I'm fine with bullet-physics insofar as singleplayer goes. But in heat of battle close-quarters online? Eep.

It's not that bad, if it turns out to be that much of an issue you can always learn how to use tanks or just play an assault class and provide cover fire for people.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
As I've just shipped off my GTX670 for a warranty claim I'm now reduced to using the onboard graphics in my 3570K which is a Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Is there any way to get Spelunky to run on this? My wife and I play it daily and I fear I will suffer withdrawal if I can't play it for the next week or so.

maneil99

As I've just shipped off my GTX670 for a warranty claim I'm now reduced to using the onboard graphics in my 3570K which is a Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Is there any way to get Spelunky to run on this? My wife and I play it daily and I fear I will suffer withdrawal if I can't play it for the next week or so.
Should, I was able to plqy LoL and CS:S like on high.

Levyne

Banned
One of the popular extensions (either live update or quick reply) sometimes makes the multi quote wonky. I always have to get a clean page refresh before it works properly.

or you know, use the + to the left of 'quote'
Yeah, but that doesn't work when you're at less than 100% zoom for us weirdos who think GAF's text is too big. Dunno why, but they don't.

Edit: okay, so they do work. They didn't for the longest time though. I could click 'em but nothing would happen (they didn't change color or whathaveyou)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With regard to RO2 being free on Steam, those who own Rising Storm but not RO2 will notice that the "Install Game" button isn't present and instead the store page will only show a play button. You can get around this by logging out, refreshing the store page, opening a new tab to log in again, and then clicking the "Install Game" button in the previous tab.

Card Boy

Banned
This is a little bizarre. The game was amazing outside of a game ruining design flaw? Who in their right minds programs an auto aim ability into a multiplayer shooter?

I still liked it despite that ability Prejudice felt like part Tribes part Halo. Despite its budget campaign its still leagues better than what we got in Titanfall.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
not here, launches fine

crossing-arms.gif

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men uses GFWL. If you don't have it installed you have to manually install it, there should be a version of GFWL in your Kane & Lynch directory.

Here's the 25 easy steps it takes to run Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689094

Hey, thanks!

Sarcasm

Mulitplayer is listed as Rising Storm / Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer I think

Which I can't find. This is why I asked. I was only able to see the single player in my library. I am at work and get off in three and a half hours so I need to see if it is offer in game. Remote download for the win!

UnrealEck

If anyone wants an EU or NA key for this weekend's Wildstar beta, let me know here and I'll PM you it.
(The game isn't on Steam though, but I'm posting here incase people missed keys in the Wildstar thread.)

Sober

Hardest Batman Origins combat campaign, completed on my first try without a single retry used. The final wave was ghetto as fuck, but goddamn if I didn't feel like the mothafuckin Batman after that.
I always found combat, even in the campaigns, relatively easy as hell that I would breeze through them regardless of most modifiers.

Doing the extreme predator campaigns is where the real fun is at.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi got cards (so random)

lots of cards again lately, almost up to 10€ again

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants an EU or NA key for this weekend's Wildstar beta, let me know here and I'll PM you it.
(The game isn't on Steam though, but I'm posting here incase people missed keys in the Wildstar thread.)

Don't know if they're still available but I would like one if they are.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant believe Ubi is actually charging COD price for Watch Dogs >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, JaseC, did you get to the bottom of what that update did to those older games?

Nah. I installed a few games, but even though there are no Steam-related DLLs in the folder containing the executable they still complain about not being able to find Steam.

Edit: That being said I can't remember if any Steam-related files were present previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom