• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kojima's announcement today is the PC version of MGS5, right?

Right?

:(

its a PC exclusive F2P stealth game where you play the soldier Hard Cobra fighting Metallic Cogs

fuck you Namco, we wanted Soul Calibur / Tekken

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm two cents short of being able to max out my Monaco badge and thus achieve my goal of hitting level 50.

Edit: Thanks, Bot of Manners!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pardon me for I have sinned SteamGAF. I preordered Dark Souls 2. Couldn't hold it in. Having said before that preordering is evil I feel like shit.
What's the problem? If you were going to play it day one anyway, I don't see why preordering the game would be a bad idea. Especially if you can find a good deal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're feeding the machine man.
Welcome my son, welcome to Steeeeeam.

PreOrdering is actually a bad practice. Has nothing to do with consumer side really.
Yeah! Well, except when you get a nice little bonus like a lower price than MSRP or preorder stuff (though I don't like this kind of DLC, so it's not a matter of preorders providing more value but of released games providing less).

Besides, like I said before, if you were going to purchase the game day one as soon as it was released without reading any reviews or anything, why shouldn't you preorder it if you can get it for cheap?

Dr Dogg

people really need to stop falling for these "big upcoming announcement" things :lol

Neeeeever going to happen whilst the marketing peeps and the strung out hype train that is the current state of the media exists, and especially around a discussion board with the vast majority of the users are talking about gaming. Not that I'm saying nobody should get excited for upcoming release but keeping your expectations in check and having a realistic outlook is always a good idea. But hey a pessimist is never disappointed.

JaseC

To be fair, GI generally doesn't hype up its cover stories. People just tend to infer an innocuous tease like "I think folks will be surprised" to mean "!!! NEW AAA TITLE FROM A BELOVED DEVELOPER !!!"

Dr Dogg

The worst are various people on twitter who work for an outlet and tweet something along the line of "Hey folks, folks, folks! We've just seen this crazy, awesome thing but we can't talk about it yet for another month. Stay tuned!". Urggh, say something of substance or say nothing at all.

The worst are various people on twitter who work for an outlet and tweet something along the line of "Hey folks, folks, folks! We've just seen this crazy, awesome thing but we can't talk about it yet for another month. Stay tuned!". Urggh, say something of substance or say nothing at all.

And in 90% of the cases it's underwhelming or even disappointing

"I've got something nice to show you all tomorrow! Vita owners are going to love it!"

shows new Borderlands 2 screenshots for Vita

Tha's almost insulting.

I think that is the result of the "Believe the hype" era of the marketing.

BTW, I'll be posting something grand to this thread today, but can't say a thing for now. Believe the HYPE! LOLZ!

Next on Indie Royale (most likely up later today):
AEjlC23.png

Tellaerin

To be fair, GI generally doesn't hype up its cover stories. People just tend to infer an innocuous tease like "I think folks will be surprised" to mean "!!! NEW AAA TITLE FROM A BELOVED DEVELOPER !!!"

At this point, I tend to read most announcements like that as "I think folks will be surprised (at how underwhelming this news is actually going to be)" and I set my expectations accordingly. Then on the off chance that it is something halfway decent, I can be pleasantly surprised.

Dr Dogg

What on earth do you do in Skyscraper Simulator? Do you get to be an architect and make lots of cool skylines mixed in with physics like wind and natural disasters or do you play as a Skyscraper doing what ever they do? I guess peering out over the horizon for eternity.

Edit: Just noticed its store page on Steam. Looks really cool and sound like a great premise. Then I saw the reviews... yeah maybe not for now.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What on earth do you do in Skyscraper Simulator? Do you get to be an architect and make lots of cool skylines mixed in with physics like wind and natural disasters or do you play as a Skyscraper doing what ever they do? I guess peering out over the horizon for eternity.

You mange the building process of the Skyscrapers. Hiring workers, buying machines, managing the finances and so on... it's not a good game :p

Sadly I the only game I don't own from that bundle is the Handball game, seems like i will skip this one

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I always found combat, even in the campaigns, relatively easy as hell that I would breeze through them regardless of most modifiers.

Doing the extreme predator campaigns is where the real fun is at.
I only have the final pure predator campaign left to do today. I'm sorta dreading it.

JaseC

Looks like A_DJ just became the first Steam collector to hit 3,000 games.

Sadly, there isn't a new collector badge (yet)

Super late reply because I forgot to respond at the time: Looking at the earlier pattern, the Gaming God badge shouldn't have kicked in until 2.5k (5 -> 10 -> 25 -> 50 -> 100 -> 250 -> 500 -> 1,000 -> 2,500), but instead the badges for 500 and higher are all double the previous figure (250 x 2 = 500, 500 x 2 = 1,000, 1,000 x 2 = 2,000), so presumably Valve will create a badge for 4k when Steam begins approaching 4,000 game/software apps.

DocSeuss

I clearly need to become a beloved developer so I can actually just say

"I think folks will be surprised when I announce a new AAA title tomorrow" via twitter.

Edit: Just noticed its store page on Steam. Looks really cool and sound like a great premise. Then I saw the reviews... yeah maybe not for now.

The concept is pretty nice, managing workers and equipment for each phase of the building process. And then you play it. And it's total shit.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Some spares:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-A21C3C1D14E52599 - Taken by rainking187
Savant: Ascent -- MB-1F9051CF4A1752D2 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-4C48CBDBC1B2B529 - Taken by Alduin. 3 entrants total.
Shivah: Kosher Edition -- MB-11670F71DAE28B16 - Taken by Caerith. 2 entrants total.

t1398341903z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom