• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Isaac, why hast thou forsaken me? I can't get a decent run to save my life. Oh, sweet, lots of health upgrades! Not a single tears upgrade... Oh nice, lots of damage! Stuck at one red heart for the rest of the game... I can deal with it up until the womb or catacombs if I get shitty rooms (i.e. too many rooms with the fucking masks) but that's the point where you really start needing a few upgrades in all stats, or health and damage at the very least.

The game probaly has like at least 5 times longer SP than COD and has multiplayer. Why is COD the one that costs $60 every year?
You say "has multiplayer" as if that's some throwaway feature no one cares about and that's automatically good enough by virtue of existing. I'd make a pretty sizable bet that WD's multiplayer is the typical kind of tacked-on, shallow, pointless thing that most "AAA" games have.

Dr Dogg

*gasps* We back!

Any Steam DRM deals for Watch_Dogs around, other than Steam itself yet?

Nothing yet, I'm hoping Amazon come good in the end. Incidentally though there are a few subs showing in the database with the new billing type (Store or CD Key) though I might crack and butter someone up to sort me out a copy in a country you can actually buy it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The game probaly has like at least 5 times longer SP than COD and has multiplayer. Why is COD the one that costs $60 every year?

why are you defending $60 in the first place? and its actually 60€ here

COD gets away with it because its super popular. Watch Dogs is a new IP... Ubisoft doesnt even charge 60€ for AssCreed games, which is a established and popular franchise, they charge 50€ like every other big new PC release

Kevin

Gamersgate has a steam key for Dementium II HD for $3.75 (75% off). Anyways I was wondering if the game is any good? I saw a video and it kind of looked bad but I figured I'd ask and got some GAF impressions if any of you have tried it.

COD gets away with it because its super popular. Watch Dogs is a new IP... Ubisoft doesnt even charge 60€ for AssCreed games, which is a established and popular franchise, they charge 50€ like every other big new PC release

I think the new slogan is "Pay the hype", since it seems that we pay the marketing bill.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think the new slogan is "Pay the hype", since it seems that we pay the marketing bill.

aparently :/ TESO certainly proved that (although one would argue that game had no actual hype, except the one in Bathesda's mind)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

The new Wolfenstein is also going for US$59.99.

Don't know if this is old, but Bound by Flame is finally available for pre-purchase with a 15% discount to bring it to US$33.99.

Knurek

So with all the price gouging going on... How long till we reach $99.99?
I'm not talking about Aussie heathens, I mean the rest of civilized world. :)

Dr Dogg

but not 59.99€, its 49.99€ like most other big releases besides COD. Watch Dogs is the first one ive seen at 60

It's exchange rates across the board and new VAT legislation that's more than likely pushing prices up regards to europe. A lot of UK prices are going up to £39.99 so they fall in line now with the rest of the EU Steam prices at €49.99 so our time of having it good seams to be over. But as you say €59.99 is uncommon outside of a few titles but sadly I can see this being the start of a trend. Come January 2015 when the inter country VAT rate is charged at the rate of the purchasing country not the supplying countries rate, unless Valve absorb the extra cost then prices might go up again. We'll see.

Faabulous

Pardon me for I have sinned SteamGAF. I preordered Dark Souls 2. Couldn't hold it in. Having said before that preordering is evil I feel like shit.

As if downloading 18.5 GB alone is not enough, SOE game launcher is now verifying everything before letting me play it. Ugh.

Also, if I start downloading Red Orchestra 2 before the free offer expire, I can keep it even if I don't finish downloading it?

tsab

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition steam redeemable on ubi site for 4.50€ with "10thanks" coupon, 5.00€ without

You don't need uplay to play it, the code can be redeemed directly to steam

edit: beaten like a Frappé

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As if downloading 18.5 GB alone is not enough, SOE game launcher is now verifying everything before letting me play it. Ugh.

Also, if I start downloading Red Orchestra 2 before the free offer expire, I can keep it even if I don't finish downloading it?

The giveaway is using the free licence system, so once you hit "Install Game" it's tied to your account in the same way as it would be if you'd purchased it/redeemed a key.

Rhaknar

Pardon me for I have sinned SteamGAF. I preordered Dark Souls 2. Couldn't hold it in. Having said before that preordering is evil I feel like shit.

getting a lower price and some extra goods is evil? ok then

Knurek

getting a lower price and some extra goods is evil? ok then

Lower compared to inevitable 75%+ off deal down the line?
Extra goods that more often than not are just cheat codes?
You're basically buying a cat in a bag - no way to tell whether the game is any good, or for PC games, if it will even run on your system.
How is that not evil?

zkylon

zkylewd
iW0hMpWH3nOtO.png

just realized my market history list is 122 pages long

who can take me

Darkroronoa

So i did not fully download and play red orchestra but i can see it in my libary after i pressed "play agme" at the store, is it mine now or will it dissapear?

Rhaknar

did anyone buy DS2 on GMG? if so, can you log in to GMG, go to DS2 page and see if you can buy another copy

usually with games you already own there is a "you already own this, buy another copy" button but Im not getting it with DS2. I want to know if its just me, I contacted support and they told me to do a bunch of useless shit like clearing my cookies, trying Chrome, etc, none of which worked, so if they are giving me possible solutions, I have to assume you are indeed supposed to be able to buy multiple copies of it.

Rhaknar

You're basically buying a cat in a bag - no way to tell whether the game is any good, or for PC games, if it will even run on your system.
How is that not evil?

because its Dark Souls 2

but, if you want a serious anwser lets see:

- in that case you would never buy anything, ever. Why buy a new computer, it will be cheaper down the line. or a new TV, or a car, or anything.

- sure but some stuff is sometimes DLC that does in fact cost money. most usually its shit, I will grant you that.

You're basically buying a cat in a bag - no way to tell whether the game is any good, or for PC games, if it will even run on your system. - why would I pre order a game I didnt know ran on my computer? if Im pre ordering it, one assumes I know my system.

I dont advocate pre ordring every game, but this blanket slate of all pre orders are evil is just silly. Case in point, Dark Souls 2, which I was going to buy day 1 for sure, why WOULDNT I do it with 25% off and some (useless) dlc weapons? To uphold some sort of internet morality code?

Same price, some shit that should have been in the game in the first place, and the privilege for paying for something sight unseen. So yeah, its evil.

I'm trusting Durante tho.

25% off on GMG, steam code

Tizoc

Anyone know how GMG's referal works?
Basically I provide my account's unique link, one would click it and any purchase they make I also get a little extra GMG credit off their purchase, they also get the little extra credit too.

Deques

Anyone know how GMG's referal works?
Basically this is my unique link, one would click it and any purchase they make I also get a little extra GMG credit off their purchase, they also get the little extra credit too.

Isn't there a rule on affiliate links?

didamangi

did anyone buy DS2 on GMG? if so, can you log in to GMG, go to DS2 page and see if you can buy another copy

usually with games you already own there is a "you already own this, buy another copy" button but Im not getting it with DS2. I want to know if its just me, I contacted support and they told me to do a bunch of useless shit like clearing my cookies, trying Chrome, etc, none of which worked, so if they are giving me possible solutions, I have to assume you are indeed supposed to be able to buy multiple copies of it.

It's not there for me either since I bought my copy, I just assumed that GMG only limit it to 1 per customer but it looks like a bug on their end now.

Rhaknar

It's not there for me either since I bought my copy, I just assumed that GMG only limit it to 1 per customer but it looks like a bug on their end now.

good its not just me, in that case I can bitch about it more on twitter :p

edit: if I go to DmC, Devil May Cry 4 or The Bureau pages (just 3 off the top of my head) theres a "buy another copy" button so GMG deffinately allows it usually

Knurek

because its Dark Souls 2

but, if you want a serious anwser lets see

No, the above is a valid answer, at least is for you and a lot of other people.
Sadly, even with a port that may or may not be competent, and total knowledge of your system, you still run into risk of buying a game that will not work for you. Look at Prototype (broken shadows on ATI cards), Saboteur (constant CtD on ATI cards), The Amazing Spiderman (beyond terrible performance on ATI cards).
Team Red here, obviously, but I'm sure there are some games that don't work on NVIDIA hardware
Isn't it better to just wait a few days, and see if the game coverage/reviews doesn't reveal some facts that might affect your decision?

Would. Totally would.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
good its not just me, in that case I can bitch about it more on twitter :p

edit: if I go to DmC, Devil May Cry 4 or The Bureau pages (just 3 off the top of my head) theres a "buy another copy" button so GMG deffinately allows it usually

It could just be that the option is disallowed for pre-orders.

Copons

I've just realized Dark Souls 2 release day coincides with the Italian Liberation (from fascism + nazi occupation + WW2 in general) Day.

I don't know what it could mean, but I'm hyped as shit even if I didn't preorder it, nor think to buy it soon, just because Italy totally looks like Drangleic with the original lighting engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom