• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit....I wish Dark Souls 2 was released on Tuesday when I'm freakin' off! (off tues and wed) <sigh> I would have played it all day! :(

edit: Got a Scourge Outbreak booster and got 2 foils from it! Not bad for a free game. I don't remember how I even got the original game! Probably some bundle.

derExperte

Uplay debuted with AssCreed 2 (2009). Every internally-developed title released since has used Uplay, with the exception of Rayman Origins.

For some reason I thought Conviction is older.

edit: Got a Scourge Outbreak booster and got 2 foils from it! Not bad for a free game. I don't remember how I even got the original game! Probably some bundle.

You probably own their previous game which got pulled.

wow

is that from buying or selling?

All of those, I'm at 4276 and doing it since the beta. But these numbers are now inflated as they include putting items on the marketplace or taking them off (for example to change the price). There's profile widget that tells you the exact number of transactions (1621 here).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If only CoL was rayman origins

Black Flag save woes aside Uplay doesn't bother me. I just wish Ubi would finish what it started.

wow

is that from buying or selling?

Both.

All of those, I'm at 4276 and doing it since the beta. But these numbers are now inflated as they include putting items on the marketplace or taking them off (for example to change the price). There's profile widget that tells you the exact number of transactions.

I assume you mean 4,276 listings? The metric being used here is page count. ;)

aku:jiki

Woo, just beat speedrun mode in Love with less than 15 seconds to spare! First attempt too, fuck yeah.

I will revise my opinion and say that it is pretty fun but I still can't recommend it since there's literally less than 10 minutes of content there.

SimplyCDKeys sent my Dark Souls 2 Key

Your CD Key / Code Is Ready

Thank you for shopping with SimplyCDKeys. Great News &#8211; your order Ref: Order Ref: XXXXXXXXX is now complete! Please click on the link below to view your CD Key / Code.

My body CD key is ready. Screenshotty huh

There was some debate about the legitimacy of simplycdkeys. I can say I received a Dark Souls 2 key, but it was via a screenshot of a key, presumably from a manual or physical insert.

I can't say I'll be back.

Twinduct

There was some debate about the legitimacy of simplycdkeys. I can say I received a Dark Souls 2 key, but it was via a screenshot of a key, presumably from a manual or physical insert.

Sounds dodgy :/
Not that I had any intention to buy from them though.

Not gonna lie though, if they sent you a selfie whilst holding the key I'd be impressed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

While Simply CD Keys is technically a key reseller, the site is owned/run by actual UK-based retailer Simply Games.

MUnited83

For you.

The "cdkeys" in the title didn't give it away? That's how they always give keys. SimplyCDKeys is more trustable than most though, as they are part of Simply Games. However, they are still unauthorized key resellers.

Deques

GMG sells Dark Souls 2 for the same price as simplycdkeys with the voucher

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

Problem solved. Let's move on (If there ever was)

Zafir

They mostly sell keys from retail boxes. They get them from where ever they can get the region free copies cheapest(often from cheaper countries). They aren't an authorised key seller however, they are trustworthy as they are a UK retailer and many have bought keys without issue.
GMG sells Dark Souls 2 for the same price as simplycdkeys with the voucher

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

Problem solved. Let's move on
Nuuvem is cheaper for EU people. They are an authorised key reseller.

or you know, use the + to the left of 'quote'

If I learn nothing else today then that is fine by me. I had never even considered clicking the + sign; I thought it was the same function as clicking the quote link. I never even thought to click it until reading your message.

I feel like an old person who thinks that pressing the wrong key on a keyboard could fry the computer or launch a missile.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Getting shot from all over with no idea where said fire is coming from is amazing
read: frustrating
in RO2.

Dash and hop cover to cover to cover. Spot enemies in a huge circle, get shot with no one returning fire to the spotted people.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I clearly need to become a beloved developer so I can actually just say

"I think folks will be surprised when I announce a new AAA title tomorrow" via twitter.
I'd love for someone to pull a Sega Saturn there. "Guys, this new game I'm gonna show you is called Jazz Jackrabbit 3, it's the sequel to Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (not that 3D game that never came, but a new one) and you're gonna love it. When will you be able to buy and play it? I don't know, how fast is your internet connection? If it's fast enough, you could be playing it tonight. Did I mention it comes with a free Steamworks-enabled version of JJ1 and 2?"

Woo, just beat speedrun mode in Love with less than 15 seconds to spare! First attempt too, fuck yeah.

I will revise my opinion and say that it is pretty fun but I still can't recommend it since there's literally less than 10 minutes of content there.
If that's how we're gonna roll, then you can't recommend Super Hexagon either, because that one only lasts 6 minutes if you're good enough (but not enough to last more than the minimum time required to beat each level). And that would be a mistake, because the game has a crazy high replay value, not to mention a stupidly good soundtrack.

Same deal with Love. It's very short if you play well, but it's fun enough that you may want to play it again, at least until you can beat it without dying once and get said achievement. And that, to me, makes it worth getting.

Dr Dogg

You mange the building process of the Skyscrapers. Hiring workers, buying machines, managing the finances and so on... it's not a good game :p

Sadly I the only game I don't own from that bundle is the Handball game, seems like i will skip this one

The concept is pretty nice, managing workers and equipment for each phase of the building process. And then you play it. And it's total shit.

Yeah that was the impression I got from the reviews. 94% of them negative from what Enhanced Steam grabbed, yeesh.

fantomena

Moar gems.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tabletop Simulator #2 -- MB-975D8A93389DA78F - Taken by Nzyme32. 14 entrants total.
7 Days to Die -- MB-3233CADB24CCE15D - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 22 entrants total.
Tabletop Simulator -- MB-B9F4F8047F08D315 - Taken by Arthea. 22 entrants total.

t1398356166z1.png

aku:jiki

If that's how we're gonna roll, then you can't recommend Super Hexagon either, because that one only lasts 6 minutes if you're good enough (but not enough to last more than the minimum time required to beat each level). And that would be a mistake, because the game has a crazy high replay value, not to mention a stupidly good soundtrack.

Same deal with Love. It's very short if you play well, but it's fun enough that you may want to play it again, at least until you can beat it without dying once and get said achievement. And that, to me, makes it worth getting.
Yes, and if you get lucky with items, Binding of Isaac is only like 35 minutes long. I meant more that Love was actually pretty easy and there are really only 2-3 danger spots (the blue level with all the bounce pads, jumping between the little teeth when you're inside the huge monster, the electric barriers in that other blue level), making it all a rather short-lived experience.

I've done all the achievements except A++, YOLO and the stupid one (999 deaths) and it only took like 40 minutes. I'm not going to bother trying for the others but even that would probably only add 2 hours at most. It was nice enough for a few cents in a bundle, but I'd never recommend anyone to seek it out in any other way than as part of a bundle.

Baha

Extra...

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-222CAB3D63A449D4 - Taken by fspm

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, and if you get lucky with items, Binding of Isaac is only like 35 minutes long. I meant more that Love was actually pretty easy and there are really only 2-3 danger spots (the blue level with all the bounce pads, jumping between the little teeth when you're inside the huge monster, the electric barriers in that other blue level), making it all a rather short-lived experience.

I've done all the achievements except A++, YOLO and the stupid one (999 deaths) and it only took like 40 minutes. I'm not going to bother trying for the others but even that would probably only add 2 hours at most. It was nice enough for a few cents in a bundle, but I'd never recommend anyone to seek it out in any other way than as part of a bundle.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I certainly see how it could be short for someone who's more skilled than me, but I found it to have an acceptable length. I put 4 hours into it, and still haven't got the YOLO achievement. I only stopped playing it because I got into other games, but I'd like to come back to it eventually. It's true that I got it as part of a bundle, but given how much I enjoyed it I would have been totally happy if I had paid the 3 bucks it costs on Steam.

mug

Is there a group on gaf that plays Project Zomboid? I've been considering the purchase however I'd really like to know if multiplayer is functional.

Zia

Why is Dark Souls II unlocking this evening, as opposed to 1 PM EST or midnight?

Also, totally a missed opportunity for crazy card monies, as droves (would) compete to have the Soulsiest Steam profile.

Zafir

Why is Dark Souls II unlocking this evening, as opposed to 1 PM EST or midnight?

Also, totally a missed opportunity for crazy card monies, as droves (would) compete to have the Soulsiest Steam profile.
They seem to be syncing it with CET midnight, rather than US midnight. Better for us Europeans, arguable for Americans.

Man, I passed on cryostasis when g2a had keys like a week or so ago and now I have to hope keys surface again. At least there's no drm on retail copies but I need mah steam key : /

Megasoum

Banned
Bleh I tried buying WatchDogs and Dragon Age Inquisition off the Mexican Origin Store last night (95$US for both deluxe versions) but I could never get the transaction to go through...bummer.

DocSeuss

I'd love for someone to pull a Sega Saturn there. "Guys, this new game I'm gonna show you is called Jazz Jackrabbit 3, it's the sequel to Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (not that 3D game that never came, but a new one) and you're gonna love it. When will you be able to buy and play it? I don't know, how fast is your internet connection? If it's fast enough, you could be playing it tonight. Did I mention it comes with a free Steamworks-enabled version of JJ1 and 2?"

I am so going to do that one of these days.

Nabs

Hmm.

Dark Souls 2 registry update:

Added ReleaseStateOverrideCountries &#8211; JP
5 minutes agoAdded ReleaseStateOverride &#8211; released

Anyone in Japan wanna test something?

yo I hate you JaseC.

First one of these I'm trying. Here goes.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beware Planet Earth -- MB-3DD153C6C08C964E - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 14 entrants total.

t1398362918z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom