• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yo I hate you JaseC.
DS2 is unpacking. Thanks Japan (and JaseC) <3

livetogiveyco2z.jpg

:p

cripterion

Any fellas here get War of the Vikings? How's the game? Thinking about getting into it, I had a quick taste of the beta but wondering if it's worth the 24euros on Steam.

Game is really low profile and has no OT in here.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, I'm super dreading Arkham City and having to do literally everything four times over. Rocksteady was super dicks about that.

I did Arkham city with Batman (on PS3) and that was enough for me. You basically just do everything again as Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing right? F that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I did Arkham city with Batman (on PS3) and that was enough for me. You basically just do everything again as Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing right? F that.

Everything AND the new maps that came with said character. It should have just been 3 star the new maps that came with the character.

Blizzard

Banned
I started playing Fract last night. It has elements of NaissanceE, Tron, and Tron-style music. More than anything, I think it reminds me of Myst, though.

Unless the game changes heavily, which is possible, it's nice to be able to roam through a weird environment and solve random music sequencer machine puzzles without having a scary atmosphere or monsters jumping out.

The Speed Gamers weekend charity streaming event.

The games haven't been announced, but their streaming schedule looks like strong bundle possibilities to me.

Braid
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Bastion
Cave Story
Rogue Legacy
Gone Home
Lone Survivor

I have most of those so that bundle wouldn't be as appealing. Still, it a nice selection of games. For a previous charity stream, they had it as a separate bundle; not as a main one though.

Copons

The games haven't been announced, but their streaming schedule looks like strong bundle possibilities to me.

Braid
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Bastion
Cave Story
Rogue Legacy
Gone Home
Lone Survivor

Well, the logo imples more Super Meat Boy, Spelunky and Fez...

indiebanner_1.png

EDIT: and Papers, Please and Hotline Miami too

louiedog

indiebanner_1.png

The logo that I see is different with Dustforce and VVVVV

edit: removed because of redundancy to save you some vertical space.

I have most of those so that bundle wouldn't be as appealing. Still, it a nice selection of games. For a previous charity stream, they had it as a separate bundle; not as a main one though.

This one specifically says Humble Weekly on the page that I linked.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Me and a friend just received four copies of Dead Island: Epidemic in out inventories. Assuming they want us to spread the Dead Island love.

Yeah, I'm super dreading Arkham City and having to do literally everything four times over. Rocksteady was super dicks about that.

Just had a look at my playtime for City to see how long it took me. 127 hours, and that doesn't include a new game+ run through yet. Only games that I've spent longer on are X-com, Space Marine, and Binding of Isaac.

Now I think about it, Joker's Carnival probably accounts for a disproportional amount of that, but yeah, it takes a bloody long time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Cold War is 1.24 on GMG, worth getting at that price?

I've not played it, but I've heard from friends and other gamers the game, while a bit dated and clunky in a few areas, is actually a pretty good stealth game, so I would say if interested to take the dive. Steam reviews look pretty positive as well.

textonly

Neo Member

JaseC

Upcoming indie superstars Mimimi Productions present The Last Tinker: City of Colors.

A joyous platformer lovingly crafted in the image of all time classics such as Zelda, Jak and Daxter and Banjo Kazooie, The Last Tinker is a colorful adventure set in Colortown, a world built upon creativity, emotion and collaboration.

A dark force named The Bleakness has emerged and seeks to tear the colors apart, draining all joy and life from the world.
Koru, a young boy from the slums of Colortown, is forced to act. He embarks on an epic and one of a kind adventure to combat the Bleakness and to restore joy and color to his home.

Releases May 13th and in addition to the pre-purchase discount of 10% ($21.99 -> $19.79) you'll also receive the game's OST.

The trailer doesn't really show much in terms of gameplay, unfortunately, but the inclusion of the OST means I'm in regardless.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just had a look at my playtime for City to see how long it took me. 127 hours, and that doesn't include a new game+ run through yet. Only games that I've spent longer on are X-com, Space Marine, and Binding of Isaac.

Now I think about it, Joker's Carnival probably accounts for a disproportional amount of that, but yeah, it takes a bloody long time.
Ugh dread levels increased.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Link : Image
Releases May 13th and in addition to the pre-purchase discount of 10% ($21.99 -> $19.79) you'll also receive the game's OST.

The trailer doesn't really show much in terms of gameplay, unfortunately, but the inclusion of the OST means I'm in regardless.
The art direction is horrible. You can do "colorful" with some sense of color relationship and aesthetics, not just smash shit together like a 2nd grader with play-doh. And "creativity" does not just mean "random patterns and swirls slapped on every surface"

JaseC

The art direction is horrible. You can do "colorful" with some sense of color relationship and aesthetics, not just smash shit together like a 2nd grader with play-doh.

The character design is, uh, certainly something.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I legit annoyed just looking at it. I am reminded of The Grand Budapest Hotel (with best supporting actress Suarez Ronan) where the concierge is revolted by the lady's nailpolish.

$5 for US buyers. Bought, thanks.

YOU HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE. :lol

Much better. Switching menus with clicky bumpers is much more better than mushy triggers.

Ugh. Anything that uses the bumpers on a 360 controller is automatic failure to me. I hate those buttons so much.

I did the Batman stuff to get the Platinum on PS3. I gave up part way through Catwoman because I was bored and decided I wouldn't be geting 100%.

Braid
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Bastion
Cave Story
Rogue Legacy
Gone Home
Lone Survivor

Is this like that Speed Run to fight Cancer or whatever? That marathon was awesome. It's definitely not the same though... some solid games in that list, but how the hell does one "speed run" gone home. That game doesn't really fit the list.

Same. And yes. That's why I quit and didn't go for 100%... I did a few of the Catwoman maps, but when I realized you needed to get 3 medals on every individual map and then do all the campaigns again... I said EFF THSI and gave up the ghost.

Everything AND the new maps that came with said character. It should have just been 3 star the new maps that came with the character.

You're right. It should have been that. Rocksteady were a bunch of dicks with those trophies/achievements. :D

That list is Games You Already Have for charity.

Hahaha.

Or better: Games You Already Have Bought for Charity at Least Once. :D

That is better.
I guess we know what the humble weekly sale is going to feature now, right?

EDIT:

Argh, I loaded it twice and both times I got the same banner!

Well, at least I don't have Dustforce... :eek:

Ugh dread levels increased.

Nzyme32

Cheers fantomena for table top sim. I can't wait to hulk out during so otherwise calming games

Looks like DayZ development is soon going to force x64 and DX10/11. Interesting that less than 5% of DayZ users are on DX9/x86 only.

8lusJ.png

I never really considered that an Early Access game could evolve enough to actually end compatibility with a large amount of players. In that circumstance, I hope they can offer refunds to those that have no other option or would rather not hold off for a different machine

JaseC

Company of Heroes 2 Free Weekend incoming. Hopefully the DLC goes on sale this time.

I legit annoyed just looking at it. I am reminded of The Grand Budapest Hotel (with best supporting actress Suarez Ronan) where the concierge is revolted by the lady's nailpolish.

I still haven't gotten around to seeing that yet. I'd planned to see it tomorrow but something else has come up. I'm the worst Suarez fan ever. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Braid
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Bastion
Cave Story
Rogue Legacy
Gone Home
Lone Survivor

indiebanner_1.png

They have more than one banner :)

indiebanner_2.png

Looks like the second one has Cave Story, Dustforce, and VVVVVV

Since I've missed out on some of those games, if true:

IaLG69W.gif

If not true:

hornoxe.com_gifdump93vdu31.gif

Caerith

I am reminded of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (with best supporting cast everyone actor ever) where the art direction is really quite striking.

And, segue, with more and more VNs coming to Steam/greenlight, are there any mystery games I should wishlist or vote for? Something like Ace Attorney, 999, Dangan Ronpa, etc? Apart from LLtQ, most of the VNs I've seen seem more romance-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom