• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
The Speed Gamers weekend charity streaming event.

The games haven't been announced, but their streaming schedule looks like strong bundle possibilities to me.

Braid
Super Meat Boy
Binding of Isaac
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Bastion
Cave Story
Rogue Legacy
Gone Home
Lone Survivor
I have most of those, but I would pretty damn happy with Rogue Legacy + Gone Home.

Jawmuncher

Daily Spellforce 2 : Demons of the Past 50% off
Weekend
  • Rising Storm 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Company of Heroes 2 66% off FREE WEEKEND

Looks like a Garbage Weekend.
Praise the Sun for Dark Souls 2
PIe28.jpg
I'll be playing Visual Novels because why the hell not.

Ruruja

Let's be honest though, if you didn't own those games (I'm sure there's 1 or 2 people out there who don't), that would be one hell of a bundle.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
And, segue, with more and more VNs coming to Steam/greenlight, are there any mystery games I should wishlist or vote for? Something like Ace Attorney, 999, Dangan Ronpa, etc? Apart from LLtQ, most of the VNs I've seen seem more romance-like.

The first game on Greenlight I could think of is Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~. It doesn't look really amazing or anything, but the developers state, even on the page itself, that it's "nspired by Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games." It's also by the same studio that's making the "grittier take on Harvest Moon" game that was Greenlit.

aku:jiki

Well, Isaac is at least 150% guaranteed to be in that bundle since I caved and bought it less than a week ago, so you guys can start preparing your modbot giveaways right now.

If there are any other games you'd like to see in bundles, you can just tell me and I'll take one for the team and buy them.

Grief.exe

Well, Isaac is at least 150% guaranteed to be in that bundle since I caved and bought it less than a week ago, so you guys can start preparing your modbot giveaways right now.

If there are any other games you'd like to see in bundles, you can just tell me and I'll take one for the team and buy them.

Might as well hold off until Rebirth at this point. It includes the original game, while fixing all of the technical issues and adding heaps of new content and items.

First Japanese game to do so?

Cave Story?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/

I don't know too much about the developers, but I thought they were Japanese.

Jawmuncher

During the Winter Sale I thought the Wrath of the Lamb DLC was the Rebirth stuff.
Was so confused after I bought it. Was only 1.50 or something so not a big deal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just to double-check: The Red Orchestra deal yesterday didn't include Rising Storm, yeah?

Stealth edit: Yeah, it didn't. That deal was mostly for the single-player, I guess since Rising Storm includes the multiplayer of RO2 in it.

So $5 for RO2's multiplayer + DLC isn't too bad a deal... I guess...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I were a dev, I wouldn't do this. Too much risk of being overshadowed by other deals.

Of course, there are probably a lot more eyes on Steam during their big sales, so what do I know?

CoH 2 is all but guaranteed to be featured as a Daily and while 75% is no longer the de facto ceiling it once was it's still large enough for to attract the attention of impulsive buyers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All those games in the humble banners have been in bundles before, save Gone Home, Rogue Legacy, and Spelunky. Those will probably be the $6 tier.

Dr Dogg

Is it true that this games requires a really good PC and/or Graphic card? I think I have heard this somewhere. Just curious, as I still have the first one to play.

More CPU heavy than GPU. Unless you're bandwidth capped on your internet you may as well take advantage of the free weekend. It's certainly not a bad a game as some people make out but the dlc direction the game went wasn't what people were expecting.

The first COH is one of the greatest games ever made. If you only play the single player campaigns you can get a lot of fun out of them but the multiplayer is where the game really shines. Still very active and there's some great community sites out there that hold regular tournaments.

Caerith

I should really play those Blackwell games at some point.
Yes, and you should also really play Emerald City Confidential at some point.

The first game on Greenlight I could think of is Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~. It doesn't look really amazing or anything, but the developers state, even on the page itself, that it's "nspired by Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games." It's also by the same studio that's making the "grittier take on Harvest Moon" game that was Greenlit.

Thanks for pointing it out. I upvoted and I guess we'll see where it goes.

JaseC

Just to double-check: The Red Orchestra deal yesterday didn't include Rising Storm, yeah?

Stealth edit: Yeah, it didn't. That deal was mostly for the single-player, I guess since Rising Storm includes the multiplayer of RO2 in it.

So $5 for RO2's multiplayer + DLC isn't too bad a deal... I guess...

The free sub includes:

- Rising Storm/RO2 MP (game)
- RO2 Single Player (game)
- RO2 Single Player (DLC)
- RO2 SDK (tool)

Compared to the store sub, for RS, it's missing:

- Rising Storm beta (game)
- Killing Floor: Rising Storm DLC (DLC)
- Rising Storm (DLC)
- Private app 291570 (???)

Edit: I'm a dumbo and was looking at the store sub for RO2.

Out of the Park Baseball 15 is the 2014 version of the award-winning baseball game that GameSpot called "the best baseball management sim out there". OOTP offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world and guiding your favorite baseball franchise to glory. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: play a typical major league game with real 2014 rosters including full minor leagues, make a simple, 8-team league, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1871 and 2013 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!

Out of the Park Baseball is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team. Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts. Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch and making all the calls from the dugout.

Players in OOTP are rated across multiple skills, and include individual personalities and custom faces created with FaceGen technology. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Try to build a team through the draft, or try to sign big free agents to put you over the top! OOTP also has a powerful news engine that generates personal messages and news articles. Behind all of this is an incredibly powerful statistical engine that tracks an enormous number of statistics for each player in your world. Want to know how your star hitter is doing against righties with runners in scoring position? No problem!

10% off ($35.99) for the next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The free sub includes:

- RO2 SDK (tool)

Compared to the store sub, it's missing:

- RO2 beta (game)

Well, the major deal here is the Rising Storm content so you can go across both servers (RO2/RS) with no class restrictions on either. $5 to remove that lock isn't a big deal for me.

But I'm wondering if I can play the game offline with bots since getting my ass kicked this morning in RO2 hasn't been very moralizing.

The_Monk

More CPU heavy than GPU. Unless you're bandwidth capped on your internet you may as well take advantage of the free weekend. It's certainly not a bad a game as some people make out but the dlc direction the game went wasn't what people were expecting.

The first COH is one of the greatest games ever made. If you only play the single player campaigns you can get a lot of fun out of them but the multiplayer is where the game really shines. Still very active and there's some great community sites out there that hold regular tournaments.

Thanks for the fine answer Dr Dogg, I was just curious since my upgrade was a modest one last year. I do not have limitations on my Internet but I do have in time, will see how well it goes. I plan on playing the single-player of COH soon. I actually seen someone on Twitch who only stream COH2 and seems fun.
------
On a side note, I would like to thank a lot for fantomena that was very, very kind in helping me out with DSII. So, thank you very much once again you silly GAFfer with bad Half-Life 3 jokes. Hehe :p

Overdoziz

Banned

CoH1 was so amazing, put over 45 hours into it and that's without even touching the multiplayer (I'm not big on RTS multiplayer). After having to retreat and defend for the first 3 or 4 missions in CoH2's singleplayer I gave up on the game. Really not a fan. :/

Well, the major deal here is the Rising Storm content so you can go across both servers (RO2/RS) with no class restrictions on either. $5 to remove that lock isn't a big deal for me.

But I'm wondering if I can play the game offline with bots since getting my ass kicked this morning in RO2 hasn't been very moralizing.

Just played it and not feeling it at all.

Grief.exe

CoH1 was so amazing, put over 45 hours into it and that's without even touching the multiplayer (I'm not big on RTS multiplayer). After having to retreat and defend for the first 3 or 4 missions in CoH2's singleplayer I gave up on the game. Really not a fan. :/

I wish they had gone back in and done Trading Cards and Achievements when Sega did the Steamworks version.

aku:jiki

Might as well hold off until Rebirth at this point. It includes the original game, while fixing all of the technical issues and adding heaps of new content and items.
I (correctly) guessed that it would become one of my favorite games on Steam, so I wanted to have significant experience with the original in order to appreciate Rebirth more. I already can't wait to play a version without shit like getting stuck on stuff while moving around, boss life bars not being accurate, items that don't do anything at all and I saw a video where McMillen said he's working on changing some of the more unfair rooms. I'm especially hoping he chills out on the heart/mask enemy rooms because they're some ridiculous shit.

A little worried that he's diluting the item pool with so many new items though. It's already hard enough to collect a good set of gear. Hopefully he knows what he's doing there.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guys can someone explain to me WTF is going on with Rising Storm?

Back when it came out, I already owned Red Orchestra 2, which had separate installs for single player and multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode was changed into Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer, but I was told I only have access to the RO2 content unless I bought Rising Storm. Now Rising Storm is on sale but I can't buy it because it says I already own it, so did they just add the Rising Storm content to my game, or am I being blocked from buying it? Don't really feel like downloading 10GB just to find out if I actually have it or not.

Nabs

Back when it came out, I already owned Red Orchestra 2, which had separate installs for single player and multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode was changed into Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer, but I was told I only have access to the RO2 content unless I bought Rising Storm. Now Rising Storm is on sale but I can't buy it because it says I already own it, so did they just add the Rising Storm content to my game, or am I being blocked from buying it? Don't really feel like downloading 10GB just to find out if I actually have it or not.

This has always been an issue with Rising Storm sales. Instead of 50-75% off, it gives you an extra discount for owning Red Orchestra 2. Now it's stuck at 100% off ($-0.01).

Evrain

The free sub includes:

- RO2 SDK (tool)

Compared to the store sub, for RS, it's missing:

- Killing Floor: Rising Storm DLC (DLC)
- Rising Storm (DLC)
It's strange, I checked my library yesterday and, whilst I didn't have the Rising Storm beta, I'm pretty sure I had RO2 beta, or is it my head playing tricks?

Dice

This has always been an issue with Rising Storm sales. Instead of 50-75% off, it gives you an extra discount for owning Red Orchestra 2. Now it's stuck at 100% off ($-0.01).
I mean it literally does not list the game in the store for me.

ivsaCgzt4H9QO.png

But then I check the listing in my games and...

ibttOBUMPdnHcf.png

Only free weekend? So I guess I don't own it... but the sale will be over when the free weekend is over...

Cool, Tripwire. I guess they don't want my money, or I just don't get in on sales like people who didn't support them buying RO2 early on.

JaseC

Franchise/publisher packs aside none of the Red Orchestra subs contain the Rising Storm DLC. You own it because of the Free Weekend (auto-grant sub). To actually purchase Rising Storm you'll need to either hope Tripwire fixes the discount compound oversight or have someone who doesn't own RO2 buy you a copy at 75% off; once the Free Weekend is over, you'll lose the DLC and then you can redeem the gift copy to tie it to your account permanently.

Blizzard

Banned
That's kind of funny if it lists as you owning it and thus prevents you from buying during the sale.

I was a bit confused last night trying to figure things out with Red Orchestra 2. I think I had at least two betas in my library (uninstalled), and the singleplayer (uninstalled). But, I didn't have the multiplayer listed in my library until I did the install-cancel thing for the 24-hour free special. So I think I ended up with RO2 singleplayer, multiplayer, and beta, and maybe something from rising storm though I don't own rising storm or the GOTY edition or whatever.

It seems like it would be worth $5 if I can find a way to buy it. =P

Dice

Franchise/publisher packs aside none of the Red Orchestra subs contain the Rising Storm DLC. You own it because of the Free Weekend (auto-grant sub). To actually purchase Rising Storm you'll need to either hope Tripwire fixes the discount compound oversight or have someone who doesn't own RO2 give you a copy at 75% off; once the Free Weekend is over, you'll lose the DLC and then you can redeem the gift copy to tie it to your account permanently.
So this is a WB-level DLC fuckup. Okay. I'll go buy a racing game, then. :p

derExperte

Only free weekend? So I guess I don't own it... but the sale will be over when the free weekend is over...

Cool, Tripwire. I guess they don't want my money, or I just don't get in on sales like people who didn't support them buying RO2 early on.

Usually free weekends end on Sunday while the sale goes until Monday.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Spice Road, a game that was Greenlit and has been bundled, is now available on Steam for $17.99, a discount of 10% off.

About the Game

Strategy, trade and empire building on the old Silk Road. Spice Road is a town building, social and ecomomic simulation game full of original challenges.

"Deep in the mountains and deserts of central Asia, where life is hard and death is sudden, thin trails of gold, silk and spice trace a web between the industrial forges of the West and the exotic climes of the East."

You are a colonial governor in the 18th Century, building a town on the Spice Road in a time of war and discovery. More than spice travels your roads – musket armies, philosophies, and power plays that span the globe are at your control. From palace to monastry, trade post to smugglers den – your town is worthless without the nobles, monks, merchants and rogues that chose to live in it – and keeping them all happy at the same time is never simple.

Spice Road uses the StormRaid™ engine to deliver a beautiful fully 3D rendered world on high-end DirectX® graphics cards.

Features:

• Advanced economic and trading simulation. 3 tiers of industry provide goods and services for populations of citizens, slaves and nobles with full control over wages and taxation.
  • Build a network of farms, mines and caravan routes. Scout the map to find rare and exotic goods to export to distant lands.
  • Defeat Bandit raiders, or pay them tribute to keep your routes peaceful.
  • Compete against cunning corporate rivals. Choose diplomacy or raid their caravans and wage war on their cities.
  • Meet your citizen's social and religious needs. Attract visiting explorers or pilgrims by developing the entertainment or spiritual side of your town.
  • 20 Campaign Missions + generate new maps in Sandbox mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom