• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Since beauties like Project cars are not yet available for purchase ( Does anyone know when is it supposed to come out ? ) can anyone recommend me a good looking and, great racer game ?

What style are you looking for?

For cart racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is better than it has any right to be.

DiRT and GRID are great arcade/sim straddlers.

F1 and Assetto Corsa err more on the side of simulation if that's your thing.

Can't go wrong with any of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
uprising 44 has a store page, that was in a couple of bundles some months ago (I know at least in a groupees bundle)

Knurek

Wrapped up Hexcells today, had to resort to guessing exactly once (second to last level), everything else I could figure out from the clues.

Would probably be able to figure out 6-4 without guesswork, but after spending better part of an hour trying to do so, I just said fuck it and went with a 2/3 chance to hit.

I didn't know that GalCivIII's early access 100$ price tag included all future expansions, all dlc, the ability to name a star, thanks in the credits, some swag for the stardock forums as well as early access to the alpha/beta until they sent me an email. I just saw the 100$ price tag and went "fuck no", kinda like I did with Planetary Annihilation. Once some things get sorted out, I think I might pick it up.

As anyone bought Divinity Original Sin? I don't think I've seen any impressions posted in this thread.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using the analog stick, because yeah, the D-Pad sucks and the keyboard doesn't feel quite right.

It's not really about the controls, it's just that it's hard. But I'm going to make it. Even if it takes a whole year. Like Runner.
Playing it with the analog stick? Wow, I never thought of that, sounds like you're making the game even harder, lol

And yes, it's very hard. I only got to the 2nd level boss, and could never beat it (OK, I didn't try many times either). It's my least favorite Bit.Trip, but the soundtrack is one of the best. I should try finishing Void and Fate too, I'm ashamed of not having done so yet.

Wrapped up Hexcells today, had to resort to guessing exactly once (second to last level), everything else I could figure out from the clues.

Would probably be able to figure out 6-4 without guesswork, but after spending better part of an hour trying to do so, I just said fuck it and went with a 2/3 chance to hit.

You can clear all the levels without relying on luck. Also, this game is so brilliant, I love it.

What mods should I be aware of before I start The Witcher 2? Gonna start it up once I finish Deus Ex HRDC (which I'm slogging through because I've never played a game with worse boss fights)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've been told that the "Steam engineers" (aka the people I would want to be working with) who are responsible for such changes simply aren't interested in any of these features, or think they're too "narrow" to have a meaningful impact on Steam's large user base.

While it's true that not every feature would make logical business sense, I got the impression from them that the people responsible have the "good enough" stance on quite a lot of things. But it is true that they're a small team, so obviously there are going to be time restraints as well. Some things Enhanced Steam does (like fixing wishlist images) would literally take me 15 minutes or less to fix, and it's been that way for more than a year.

This absolutely blows my fucking mind. They own the biggest PC digital distribution game service and it's like they can't be arsed staffing up for it and just have a small dedicated team on it. I honestly think this is where Valves flat structure and their hiring process hurts them. I mean we've heard about Valve basically containing various cliques and 'natural leaders' who people look up to. Maybe the Steam team NEEDS new blood to give things a shakeup and come up with new ideas/suggestions. I think Valve really is behind the curve in so many ways yet they don't seem to want to do anything about it. The customer service behind Steam is fuckin shocking as well.

What mods should I be aware of before I start The Witcher 2? Gonna start it up once I finish Deus Ex HRDC (which I'm slogging through because I've never played a game with worse boss fights)
You really don't need any mods at all.
It's a fantastic game right from the start, there is a combat mod made by one of the witcher 3 developers, but last time I checked on it, it was a bit buggy, so just play through the campaign as normal, it's a fantastic game.

Salsa

2JwCLPQ.png

I need that Goat Simulator moneys c'monnn

some achievements arent showing up yet either D:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This absolutely blows my fucking mind. They own the biggest PC digital distribution game service and it's like they can't be arsed staffing up for it and just have a small dedicated team on it. I honestly think this is where Valves flat structure and their hiring process hurts them. I mean we've heard about Valve basically containing various cliques and 'natural leaders' who people look up to. Maybe the Steam team NEEDS new blood to give things a shakeup and come up with new ideas/suggestions. I think Valve really is behind the curve in so many ways yet they don't seem to want to do anything about it. The customer service behind Steam is fuckin shocking as well.

The biggest shock I had at Valve was learning that the customer service "department" is by far their largest group of workers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
btw this review... thing... just makes me shake my head.

It's TotalBiscuit, of course it makes you shake your head.

The biggest shock I had at Valve was learning that the customer service "department" is by far their largest group of workers.

Fuck. me. I guess it's the easiest department to put your feet up in then as it sure as fuck ain't due to quality.

Feel better soon Pixy :)

By the way, I'm quite impressed at the number of games you 100% complete. Wish I had that much patience/was good at games. Tried 100%ing Power Puff Girls but screw it. I'm not going to fool myself in thinking I can beat the game on hard with 5 or fewer saves, lol.
Ah thanks. I don't personally think I've done much on Steam yet (my 360 list is much nicer), most of my 100%s are kind of easy (some of them are just time consuming). Volgarr the Viking might be the one I'm most proud of right now, although once I clear Ys: Oath in Felghana on Inferno, that will take the top spot (which is honestly probably an easier task than Nightmare Boss Rush, which I have already completed). Half Minute Hero was the most fun to 100%.

Knurek

You can clear all the levels without relying on luck. Also, this game is so brilliant, I love it.

Well, this is the state I was in:
hexcellsb8u7m.png

Any ideas what to do from here? Is there something I'm missing?

Of course, a minute after posting I see what I missed.
Indeed, no random guesswork required. :) Game is lovely, I just wish it had a weekly DLC pack scheme going on.

Waveset

Tried in-home streaming tonight and I'm very impressed.
The client machine was a crappy old laptop with a single core 1.3ghz celeron, suprisingly smooth and further validation for not buying a new console.

Not a feature I'm desperate for but what are the chances of a streaming app appearing for tablets? I imagine it would have to be heavily optimised but after seeing it running on the laptop, I imagine its possible.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fuck. me. I guess it's the easiest department to put your feet up in then as it sure as fuck ain't due to quality.

Valve is a company of 300 or so employees serving over 75 million customers. Even if every single employee were on the "support team", that would be one employee for every 250,000 customers.

Lucky for them, Steam is really well built and a lot of people never have a single problem with it that requires opening a support ticket.

Unfortunately for those that do, for the number of people they have working support it's kind of amazing they're able to even get back to you in a few weeks. There didn't seem to be anyone I saw there "taking it easy".

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Valve is a company of 300 or so employees serving over 75 million customers. Even if every single employee were on the "support team", that would be one employee for every 250,000 customers.

Lucky for them, Steam is really well built and a lot of people never have a single problem with it that requires opening a support ticket.

Unfortunately for those that do, for the number of people they have working support it's kind of amazing they're able to even get back to you in a few weeks.

I know I was just being a cheeky bastard :p Again this is where Valve need to hire in many more people just for customer service but this is where their hiring/structure lets them down as well, to the detriment of their customers IMO.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Unfortunately for those that do, for the number of people they have working support it's kind of amazing they're able to even get back to you in a few weeks. There didn't seem to be anyone I saw there "taking it easy".
I must have like a gold account or something because they responded to my ticket literally the first hour of the first business day after I submitted it. This was back in the fall too closing in on the holiday season.

Grief.exe

Found this on 4chan, need to complete the pillars by experiencing Thief II. I'd also like to do another play through of Deus Ex with visual mods.

CsjQU3i.jpg

Well, this is the state I was in:
hexcellsb8u7m.png

Any ideas what to do from here? Is there something I'm missing?

Of course, a minute after posting I see what I missed.
Indeed, no random guesswork required. :) Game is lovely, I just wish it had a weekly DLC pack scheme going on.

There is one column with a grey "3" on top of it. But you have already removed 3 hexcells from this column. It means the last colum of your remaining block is empty. From there, you should be able to solve it I guess.

Salsa

Found this on 4chan, need to complete the pillars by experiencing Thief II. I'd also like to do another play through of Deus Ex with visual mods.

CsjQU3i.jpg

this stuff is reaching *tips fedora* levels

I love system shock and deus ex as much as the next guy (was never big on thief) but a Trinity would hopefully contain more genres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom