• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2JwCLPQ.png

I need that Goat Simulator moneys c'monnn

some achievements arent showing up yet either D:

Salsa, have you *really* spent a year playing Universe Sandbox?

With all the time you spend on 3DS, something doesn't add up here. :p

this stuff is reaching *tips fedora* levels

I love system shock and deus ex as much as the next guy (was never big on thief) but a Trinity would hopefully contain more genres
Yeah, I feel like either Starcraft, Civ IV or Fallout 2 should be up there.
But for FPP games, it's not a bad group of games.

Salsa

Salsa, have you *really* spent a year playing Universe Sandbox?

With all the time you spend on 3DS, something doesn't add up here. :p

nope, that achievement actually popped up randomly one of the first times I played the game and it happened to a friend as well, I actually wrote a ticket to playfire in case they thought I was cheating since they seem pretty srs business about that

nope, that achievement actually popped up randomly one of the first times I played the game and it happened to a friend as well, I actually wrote a ticket to playfire in case they thought I was cheating since they seem pretty srs business about that

Strange -- how long have you had that achievement? Maybe a glitch in the Playfire scrubber... since they don't usually backdate achievements.

Yeah, I don't know anyone personally, but I've heard from fellow GAFers that there are measures in place to catch people just unlocking things with SAM.

okayfrog

Banned
this stuff is reaching *tips fedora* levels

Please don't do that brah. I really wish this whole "fedora" thing had never been promulgated. The whole insult has lost its meaning, just like "neckbeard" and many other terms the widespread internet has beaten to a pulp.

Salsa

Please don't do that brah. I really wish this whole "fedora" thing had never been promulgated. The whole insult has lost its meaning, just like "neckbeard" and many other terms the widespread internet has beaten to a pulp.

I dont like it but figured it was the easiest way to put it

Turfster

Maybe, but after playing Shadow Warrior, I'm reminded of how the old school maps are a massive pain in the ass without clear navigation aides and landmarks.

The original Shadow Warrior was just a bad game, tho, that had to get its fame from the HAHAHAHATHEYSAIDWANG level of jokes and the weird weapons.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Apparently the new Humble Weekly from Destructoid is individual keys? Can someone please confirm this so I can spend $6 on Natural Selection 2 and Critter Crunch double-dip and give the rest of no1currs to modbot, please?

Murdered: Soul Suspect just got cheaper in Euro, I think? Standard price is 40€ now, but pre-order discount is 25% so it ends up short of 30. I think it was like 50€ with 10% discount before.

The original Shadow Warrior was just a bad game, tho, that had to get its fame from the HAHAHAHATHEYSAIDWANG level of jokes and the weird weapons.
Yeah, played the classic redux a bit before the reboot and I'm glad it wasn't a faithful one cus that game sucked.

Who thought small, fast moving hornets would be a good enemy in a Build engine game?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I must have like a gold account or something because they responded to my ticket literally the first hour of the first business day after I submitted it. This was back in the fall too closing in on the holiday season.

Was your issue something widespread / common? If not, maybe you just got lucky that day.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, played the classic redux a bit before the reboot and I'm glad it wasn't a faithful one cus that game sucked.

Who thought small, fast moving hornets would be a good enemy in a Build engine game?

Gah! Another one!

Surely I'm not the only person who played the old Shadow Warrior in the last few years (though it wasn't on Steam/Redux version for me) and still loved it ? Love the level design in that game too as well as the weapons, one liners.

Turfster

Turfster, don't make me cut you.

You know I'm right, though.

Gah! Another one!

Surely I'm not the only person who played the old Shadow Warrior in the last few years (though it wasn't on Steam/Redux version for me) and still loved it ? Love the level design in that game too as well as the weapons, one liners.

Nope, sorry.
It paled in comparison to Duke and even Blood on pretty much every level at launch, and it hasn't aged gracefully like Duke has.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Maybe, but after playing Shadow Warrior, I'm reminded of how the old school maps are a massive pain in the ass without clear navigation aides and landmarks.

Yes I agree, I love games like Call of Duty that always tell me what I need to do or where I need to go, I don't even have to think for myself.

louiedog

Gah! Another one!

I didn't even like Shadow Warrior very much in the 90s. Now Blood we can talk about. I haven't played it in a long time so I'm going to continue assuming the weapons and that train level are still pretty awesome.

Gah! Another one!

Sorry. :X I just didn't find a lot of the combat design all that satisfying. The weapons were mostly weak feeling (how do you screw up a shotgun I'll never know) and you just frequently fought annoying enemies like the ones that have a chance at bursting into spirit momentarily after killing them. The reboot took a game that was not really all that worth rebooting and turned it into something good on its own merits.

Duke 3D and Blood are good though, but the level design in Duke is extremely hit and miss.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even like Shadow Warrior very much in the 90s. Now Blood we can talk about. I haven't played it in a long time so I'm going to continue assuming the weapons and that train level are still pretty awesome.

Blood is one of the finest FPS ever made and shits on Shadow Warrior so no you've got that one absolutely right :)

Fuckin Atari though, bastards.

Sorry. :X I just didn't find a lot of the combat design all that satisfying. The weapons were mostly weak feeling (how do you screw up a shotgun I'll never know) and you just frequently fought annoying enemies like the ones that have a chance at bursting into spirit momentarily after killing them.

The reboot took a game that was not really all that worth rebooting and turned it into something good on its own merits.

You don't need to apologise, I'm just yanking yer chain :p Opinions and all that. I adore how they approached the remake and think Flying Wild Hog did a fantastic job with it. One of my favourite FPS from last year :)

Baaaaaaad to the bone.

Salsa, here's your chance.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Goat Simulator -- MB-C38EE73B61944390 - Taken by Archaix. 26 entrants total.

t1396564299z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
argies mostly go for memé (i guess renee in english sounds like it?) but for me that sounds weird
huh, here on the other side of the river it's without the accent-

Found this on 4chan, need to complete the pillars by experiencing Thief II. I'd also like to do another play through of Deus Ex with visual mods.

CsjQU3i.jpg
If we exchange SS2 and T2 for Monkey Island 2 and Fallout 2 then I agree.

My trinity is ass creed 3, bio inf and tomb raider protect Lara edition.

Gaming perfection.
If it were a trinity of (mostly) garbage, then you'd be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom