• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really kicking myself for not picking up Croixleur Sigma when it was the in the Groupee's Build a Doujin bundle. Not sure what I was thinking, it probably happened during my "if it's not on Steam I'm not buying it" phase.

Caerith

YEAH, FINE PRINT! :D

I mean, those peace agreements are usually super boring, they could put the city trades in the very center of the screen, I still wouldn't notice them. :D
And I'm totally sure, the next time someone will pull a thing like this again against me, I'll have forgotten about today, and I'll lose everything again. :D
Your misadventure reminded me of a certain cautionary tale (NSFW-- it's South Park).

If you're going science, make sure to go economy as well. If you can outpace your neighbors in technology and have the means to rush production on an army, it's kinda fun turning whoever attacked you into a grim cautionary tale.

Really kicking myself for not picking up Croixleur Sigma when it was the in the Groupee's Build a Doujin bundle. Not sure what I was thinking, it probably happened during my "if it's not on Steam I'm not buying it" phase.
Oh wow, I wasn't even aware Nyu Media was going to give out keys for that bundle. And they're up now! Too bad you can only redeem the key right now, no installation until release. :<

Dark souls II initial impressions

Game launched fine
DS4 tool works perfectly
60FPS/1080p 50% GPU usage with maxed settings on 560 ti.

Playing around with SLI SGSSAA right now.

Not my experience, when I got into the game, the first server message was slightly messed up.

Terrible lazy port.

zkylon

zkylewd
man playing dark souls right after ass creed is pretty difficult, controls more than anything right now since i'm only in the tutorial area

EA3F0E474FF78EE65501EC31EBA9EF9B0CD48FC9

anyways, dark waifu done (new char creator is tons better even if you can still make yourself some monsters

i might switch to shield later on, two swords makes me feel naked

StAidan

Humble Bundle gifts, I was only in it for Dustforce.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Puzzle Bots -- MB-966BBC85929C0B29 - Taken by Evrain
VVVVVV -- MB-8C324E8E7561AE75 - Taken by Thezez
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-729D4237A9E1D726 - Taken by ShogunX
Cave Story -- MB-AFD95D3CD1D122F3 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow

Elija2

Is there a way for me to backup my Steam games to an external hard drive and restore them afterwards? I want to refresh my Windows 8.1 PC but doing so doesn't save my Steam games and I don't want to have to download them again.

Sajjaja

man playing dark souls right after ass creed is pretty difficult, controls more than anything right now since i'm only in the tutorial area

anyways, dark waifu done (new char creator is tons better even if you can still make yourself some monsters

i might switch to shield later on, two swords makes me feel naked

Seems like your waifus name is Triss Merigold.

Lomax

Wtf did GMG hire Valves customer service? and by that I mean did GMG buy Valves strategy to have non-existent customer service? I have a 3 day old ticket!

The whole playfire thing and how randomly it works seems to be consuming their whole customer service arm. Response times are in the 7-10 day range currently it seems.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

3/10 on the waifu scale, not kawaii enough and/or lacks hair buns along with romance option.

Really tempted by Teslagrad...but own all but two of the other games in the HB and should probably wait for a sale.

You really should wait if that's the case, depending on what games you don't have.

fuck this place

castlevanialosue_2014sfke6.jpg

That was tons of fun -- especially the achievement for doing it without ever slowing the blade speeds down and not getting hit.

pardon my ignorance who is this person

actually i named her saskia lol

but u know, triss is always an inspiration :p

I'm happy with my character's overall appearance, but I'm not overall thrilled with my weapon/armor. I *hate* the monocle (I took explorer, obviously) and I just got rid of her armor. I NEED a better weapon desperately... a dagger with a strength requirement of 2 is not going to cut it.

Some fun anecdotes:

So I see the hippo looking bastard on the beach and think "I'll give this a shot, I can dodge... stick and move, it'll be fine." And it hits me. And I think "OUCH!"... and as I'm rolling backwards to avoid it some more, I find out it has a friend who likes to watch... until the action starts... and as it slams my ass into the beach, I can't help but laugh as I think "I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.".

I've had plenty of those moments so far. Others include:
Looking for the first "area" after the hub and getting to Hilde's area only to find out that my measly dagger can barely scratch the heavily armored knights. I manage to take out the sword and shield one, but I estimated the attacks of the one with the mace incorrectly (there's less of a recovery window to attack in) and as I die again, I think "I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE."

So I run back up to get my souls and forget that dying/bonfires respawn enemies (it's been awhile since Dark Souls for me). And as I'm running up there planning to dodge the mace knight, grab my souls and run, I realize I'm running by the respawned sword night... and as I'm dodging for my life after recovering, I think again "I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE."

Downsampled from 1440p
60 FPS (except near fog gates)
16x AF
HBAO+
2xSGSSAA

560 ti is a hell of a card still.

Are you using Durante's new tool to downsample?
If so, can you give us a quick rundown on setup + config?

it's amazing the difference between gfwl and steamworks

i'm seeing tons of signs and bloodstains and ghosts

it's creepy

ty, first time i hear of these people

outch that hurts

I've seen 0.
At some point, Steam signed me out and kicked me offline...

derExperte

Seems like there's a glitch on Uplay atm. if you go to the client, and click on free, Trials Fusion is listed. Doesn't seem to be a demo either:

Thx, let's see if it works, downloading now. There once was a way to bind some games to your Uplay account but when starting them they would ask for a key.

And sorry Ubisoft, I wanted to give you money for Batman Blackgate but all I got was some authorization error no matter what payment method I used.

Colin.

Thanks for the heads up, wonder if it really is a demo or not?

There doesn't seem to be anything that indicts it's a demo. Nothing in the description, and the cover art isn't marked "demo" like Rayman Legends is. The install is also over 5gb, which would be rather big for a demo. I'll report back once the install is done..

Edit: ABORT! It is indeed a mislabelled demo. I dislike you even more now Uplay, you bastards.

There was a whole dustup around that time where Nyu Media, the publishers of Croixleur, basically told everyone they weren't going to give Steam keys to bundle purchasers if they got greenlit, because they wanted to sell you the game again at a non-discounted price. The backlash was fierce enough that they eventually recanted.

So you might not have bought Croixleur (like me) because of the uncertainty around the Steam keys and the general ill will at the time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There was a whole dustup around that time where Nyu Media, the publishers of Croixleur, basically told everyone they weren't going to give Steam keys to bundle purchasers if they got greenlit, because they wanted to sell you the game again at a non-discounted price. The backlash was fierce enough that they eventually recanted.

So you might not have bought Croixleur (like me) because of the uncertainty around the Steam keys and the general ill will at the time.

I was wondering why I didn't get it, and then I remembered this happened.

Yep, that must have been it. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be bundled again some time in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom