• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that play Blizzard games, Blizzard finally added the ability to communicate with your friends through the Battle.net app. It's horribly implemented though, since you cannot log out of chat with logging out of the whole client. :|

wilflare

Filtering these out is available in Enhanced Steam for Chrome at the moment. The feature is still a bit of a "work in progress" as I'm trying to convince Valve to put the game's "actual" release date into the API to speed the process up.

Additionally, I asked them if they had seen the TotalBiscuit video from a few weeks ago (which asked Valve to add this type of filtering). Blank stares all around, nobody had seen it or heard anything about it.

A fellow GAFer and I have have been working on a Safari version. However, Safari extensions don't support "Cross Domain Scripting" which makes adding or porting features from the other versions very difficult.

darn but still, knowing there's something in the works (you are my hero)
Chrome is buggy (uses dedicated GPU on my MBP)

Acccent

I appreciated it even more when I found Far Cry 3s story to be utter shit and hamfisted in the most awful sense.

'Wow DUDE, you just just killed THEM GUYS'

'LEAVE ME ALONE! I'm TRYING TO PROCESS MY EMOTIONS!' *cries*

*Tooltip:Kill one more crocodile for a bigger wallet*

ugh, super late, but that's meant to be ham-fisted because it's the 'purposefully dumb surface', the clever stuff is one meta-layer below. Like it's a commentary on pop culture, youth, adhd media etc. – you should look up Yohalem's itws on RPS, for instance, it's really interesting, even if you think the game is a total failure narrative-wise.

Found this on 4chan, need to complete the pillars by experiencing Thief II. I'd also like to do another play through of Deus Ex with visual mods.

CsjQU3i.jpg

Proud to say that I own physical copies of all three of these games.

maybe, just for you guys, I will play them and tell you of my feelings and misadventures ( ⌣́,⌣̀)
They're games that should be on everyone's bucketlist, imo.
Even if you don't like them, you should play it just because of the significance they've had on gaming, it's like Final Fantasy 7 or Doom, even if you're not into that genre of games, it's just something you should play, eventually.

mrgone

Computer Gaming World put both Deus Ex and Thief II on one of their pack-in DVDs too, which might've been the greatest magazine bonus ever. That was back in 2004.

Acccent

Even if you don't like them, you should play it just because of the significance they've had on gaming, it's like Final Fantasy 7 or Doom, even if you're not into that genre of games, it's just something you should play, eventually.

haven't played ff7, haven't played doom

tumblr_m0jj99oV2b1qd8t4mo1_500.gif

edit: I'm going to bed so just to clarify, I did play them, but like, 5 mins for doom and 15 for ff7. got bored and moved on. (I know this play time doesnt enable me to judge them.)
feel free to take advantage of the fact that i'm asleep to thoroughly insult my lack of vg cred you rascallions

Batman is really strong in Arkham Oranges.

untitled-1ubu53.gif

Just imagine the force behind that punch.

I love how the combo multiplier is bouncing around, COMBO'ING INTENSIFIES.

I'm still fairly close to the start of Arkham City GOTY edition, i spent about an hour playing some of the challenge maps though as Robin and Nightwing, that was awesome.

Jizz everywhere....

tVzqA8L.jpg

So that's why WB tried to curb discussion when a mod/tweak showing how to play as any character in AO (including a Batman model that looked very similar to this, and which was nicknamed "Beta Batman") was leaked.

3E0505E7BF22C70F8C21AD9249EA3EB275AFC8EF

The suit had abilities like Flame Batarangs and a groundspark move. Can't say I'm surprised, but it does look interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark Souls 2 PC coverage next week aparently

Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 50s

We are DYING to find out what's at the end of this progress bar. (Coverage early next week.) pic.twitter.com/dRiacuMF3l

BkVbNwHCUAAHlxg.png

I love how the combo multiplier is bouncing around, COMBO'ING INTENSIFIES.

I'm still fairly close to the start of Arkham City GOTY edition, i spent about an hour playing some of the challenge maps though as Robin and Nightwing, that was awesome.
Yeah the challenge maps are cool, although the campaign maps are ridiculously difficult at times, I've only finished Catwoman and Batman for the combat campaigns at the moment, It'll probably be another 50 hours before I complete Robin and Nightwing's campaigns.

I'm a bit disappointed that Robin and Nightwing don't have any taunts at the start, Batman has stuff like "Isn't this a school night?" and Catwoman has "I'm not sure I feel comfortable surrounded by so much ugly." Robin and Nightwing? all they have is "..."

haven't played ff7, haven't played doom

I...i...

wow...

We are DYING to find out what's at the end of this progress bar. (Coverage early next week.) pic.twitter.com/dRiacuMF3l

BkVbNwHCUAAHlxg.png
I can only imagine "what's at the end of the progress bar".

The same thing as console versions.

KarmaCow

BkVbNwHCUAAHlxg.png

I'm not expecting much (ie. Dark Souls 1 but with actual internal resolution rendering options) but at least Bamco isn't waiting till the (absolute) last minute to show off the PC version.

Yeah the challenge maps are cool, although the campaign maps are ridiculously difficult at times, I've only finished Catwoman and Batman for the combat campaigns at the moment, It'll probably be another 50 hours before I complete Robin and Nightwing's campaigns.

I'm a bit disappointed that Robin and Nightwing don't have any taunts at the start, Batman has stuff like "Isn't this a school night?" and Catwoman has "I'm not sure I feel comfortable surrounded by so much ugly." Robin and Nightwing? all they have is "..."

I noticed that too, it is really weird how quiet they are. At first i thought it was because i was using the Animated Series skins but then i changed to the original skins and it made no difference. Also, Nightwing feels really weird to use, his movement feels really fast but the actual striking feels slow, unless i'm having a weird FPS drop at the moment he hits people lol.

Batman is really strong in Arkham Oranges.

untitled-1ubu53.gif

Just imagine the force behind that punch.

Those bugs are fun. I took a group down to get to a data handler and as I'm knocking out the last guy, the handler just shoots across the alley like a green comet. I thought he'd just rubber band back but nope, I found him up against a delivery truck.

My favorite encounter is I'm interrogating one of the Blackgate guys, and he starts awkwardly singing Jingle bells, Batman smells...then an awkward pause, Batman goes NOOO and just drops him over the railing.

rookiejet

I don't know, do you have to have listened to Britney Spears or N-Sync to have "music cred"? Gameography is, thankfully, so large that you can miss swaths of genres completely, let alone a few mainstream darlings, and still continue to have novel and worthwhile experiences. And what "wisdom" is there really to be gleaned from playing those must-play games? Besides that some are too clunky to enjoy today :p. I am with you Accent, and say to hell with those sacred cows! Just play what you're interested in, time's fleeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom