• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are all wrong, including corrosivefrost's insane little anti-Solaire tirade (what kind of monster are you?).

you dont praise the sun, or JaseC's collection, or Gaben. There is but one thing to praise in the steam thread....Modbot!

You're about to make someone very, very happy....or scared.

DARK SOULS 2!

Epic giveaway, Rhaknar. I won't be entering because I don't plan on playing the game until after GFWL is patched out of the first and I play through that one.

Playing 2 first shouldn't hurt your enjoyment of the 1st one.

you are all wrong, including corrosivefrost's insane little anti-Solaire tirade (what kind of monster are you?).

you dont praise the sun, or JaseC's collection, or Gaben. There is but one thing to praise in the steam thread....Modbot!

200.gif

200.gif

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)

Holy shit man that is awesome!

fantomena

Caved in and bought the Endless Legend Founder pack. And i may use some of my Steam trading card money to buy a copy of two for a GAF giveaway.

Anony

lol, i find it funny that there's more people playing ds2 than tf2
i know tf2 is an old ass game, but it's still hard to dethrone valve games

Deques

200.gif

200.gif

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys or whatever those crazy kids do, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)

With my luck I probably won't win this raffle. Still entered

ChapaNDJ

Banned

200.gif

200.gif

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys or whatever those crazy kids do, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)
A giveway to die for!

http://media3.giphy.com/media/11eFVy684x9uGk/200.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://media2.giphy.com/media/MWL7evUUaBvzi/200.gif[/MG]

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys or whatever those crazy kids do, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)[/QUOTE]

Oh, so in. Fantastic giveaway. Entries will be through the roof.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Canyon Capers is now available on Steam for $4.89, at a discount of 30% off.

About the Game

Canyon Capers is a retro style arcade platform game for all ages, created by the authors of the 1992 original.

Do you have fond memories of playing old style platform games, where you didn't have to learn a hundred button combos to play it successfully? Canyon Capers is just for you if that's the case.

Starring DinoJr and his many friends as they venture through the canyons and caverns of ancient ruins in historical locations, to reach the ultimate goal, retrieval of the Golden Mollusk, source of all universal power and a mighty fine trophy at that.

With a finely tuned difficulty curve, from nice and easy, all the way to rock hard, just like old school platforming used to be. Canyon Capers will make you rely on your wits, your memory and at times, seat of the pants twitch gaming.
Canyon Capers is a retro style platform game brought right up to date, with tons of levels, modes, collectables and secrets.

Chip is also available, and is $4.89 at a discount of 30% off.

About the Game

Chip is an isometric puzzle game with robots, electricity and fancy dress! The player must help recharge Chip - a plucky little red robot - who has been imprisoned by the nefarious villain, Rust.

The player will interact with a wide variety of objects such as cannons, mirrors, and magnets in order to direct a blob of energy to Chip and save him from his grisly fate! Players must utilise their whimsical puzzle-solving prowess by tapping, moving, and rotating these objects to achieve victory.

As the player progresses through the game they will find presents hidden amongst the many puzzles in Rust’s lair, containing a variety of Rust’s fancy dress costumes. These can be used to customise your little robot avatar, for bragging rights on the leaderboard and because everybody loves a new pair of fuzzy slippers!About the Game
Chip is an isometric puzzle game with robots, electricity and fancy dress! The player must help recharge Chip - a plucky little red robot - who has been imprisoned by the nefarious villain, Rust.

The player will interact with a wide variety of objects such as cannons, mirrors, and magnets in order to direct a blob of energy to Chip and save him from his grisly fate! Players must utilise their whimsical puzzle-solving prowess by tapping, moving, and rotating these objects to achieve victory.

As the player progresses through the game they will find presents hidden amongst the many puzzles in Rust’s lair, containing a variety of Rust’s fancy dress costumes. These can be used to customise your little robot avatar, for bragging rights on the leaderboard and because everybody loves a new pair of fuzzy slippers!

Both have the same price and discount because they're being released by the same publisher. Also, Chip has cards.

Caerith

http://media3.giphy.com/media/11eFVy684x9uGk/200.gif

http://media2.giphy.com/media/MWL7evUUaBvzi/200.gif

Ooh...

Woo, will we finally have a giveaway break 1000 entries?
Doubtful, it's only open for three hours.

Which part surprises you? They are better than the original Dark Souls port.

Not using M/KB controls seems like a rational choice for a game of this nature.

Well, I made that exact argument almost. Something along those sentiments anyway when I was detracting from your hype train -- so I figured you must be interested in playing with them since the improvements seemed important to you. :p

It's like Super Meat Boy says when you boot it:

Yea I share this minor irritation with you. Yea, praise the sun. We get it. Thank you, move on.

I did it!
Pointless!

200.gif

200.gif

Even though you're bad mouthing me up there, I still <3 you.
Amazing giveaway!

Caved in and bought the Endless Legend Founder pack. And i may use some of my Steam trading card money to buy a copy of two for a GAF giveaway.

And you, sir, are in the saintly company of Rhaknar -- both Disciples of Dupy.

Based Rhaknar.

Indeed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ooh...
Doubtful, it's only open for three hours.

15mins was too short especially since its still early in the states, but 24hrs was too long, the game is out now, peeps be wanting to play it soon I imagine, not tomorow. Thats why I was asking earlier today if you could do custom timers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Even though you're bad mouthing me up there, I still <3 you.
Amazing giveaway!

you bad mouthed Solaire...dude had a slug for a hat!

I never saved him in any of my 3 Dark Souls runs :(

edit: for fuck sake double post, im sorry

Space Engineers is quite popular on early access due to its space survival and building. It is great fun with friends from my experience.

Well it is all i wanted from mc+space combo but these guys also made miner wars right?Thats why asking,how is the update schedule and all.

fantomena

Just 4 hours to go. Will post this on each page so Im sure as many as possible get's a chance. :)

Ive been kinda addicted with these "big" giveaways. Im worried.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wasteland 2 -- MB-16B6A8CE6D57A772 - Taken by Vastag. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Exuro. 121 entrants total.

t1398458994z1.png

Rhaknar

No because we will now stop talking about it to raise the chances of everyone who already entered!

Especially mine. But srsly, very awesome.

I will repost it every few pages :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Valid criticisms? I agree

Trashing the entire product due to some niggling issues? I do not.

Especially when the whole package is probably one of the best Japanese ports we have seen.
Oh, I understand what you mean now. They are valid problems, but not enough to say the whole port sucks. I thought you were saying those weren't problems.

Mouse cursor showing up in menus is fine because the mouse can actually control the menus, unlike a lot of other PC ports. Also the M/KB controls are so much improved from DS1 that they are totally viable so I don't see how that should make many complaints.

Overall seems like a great port, but I'm only like 4 hours in.

edit: I just realized the mouse cursor complaint might be when you are only playing with a gamepad, I could see that being annoying. Still not a big deal though.
As I said, I have no idea if the issues are true or not, as I haven't played the game. But I can definitely see how people may think they are annoying, even if the port is still solid otherwise.

def sim

That's very nice of you, Rhaknar.

I'm looking forward to giving DS2 more time. I've only reached the point where you can level up so I don't know what's up yet.

There's a slight chance this may be taken. My apologies if it is.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humans Must Answer -- MB-7E098470E56CCE6F - Taken by -MD-

Sajjaja

200.gif

200.gif

HXZ25aE.gif

This would be PERFECT if I won cause I have my last exam today..... No matter who wins, amazing giveaway and NG+++++ karma points.

Just 4 hours to go. Will post this on each page so Im sure as many as possible get's a chance. :)

Ive been kinda addicted with these "big" giveaways. Im worried.

xdS67Fw.gif

Yall just don't stop. Thanks for this!

yuraya

Great giveaway Rhaknar

How is Space Engineers! Is it worth my 6 precious tf2 keys?

6 keys seems a bit much, no? Last I checked couple weeks ago it was going for as low as 4-5. Back when it was $15 I saw people give it away for as low as 3.5 on ST. The game is kind of popular with the whole 4 pack deal so shop/search around and you will probably find it cheaper than 6.

IamAwake

Well it is all i wanted from mc+space combo but these guys also made miner wars right?Thats why asking,how is the update schedule and all.

The schedule seems to be around once a week. But the community hub for the game seemes pretty active. I would recommend watching some gameplay on YouTube first and see if that is the kind of game you would want to play.

I always found amusing that a 2D precision platformer suggests using a gamepad with a picture of one that is absolutely terribad for 2D precision platformers.
Same here, I tried playing SMB with a 360 pad and my god it was bad, the dpad is disgusting, I actually managed to do better with a keyboard than with the 360 pad, lol.

Definitely prefer playing SMB with a PS4 controller though, that dpad is heavenly <3 <3

Great giveaway Rhaknar

6 keys seems a bit much, no? Last I checked couple weeks ago it was going for as low as 4-5. Back when it was $15 I saw people give it away for as low as 3.5 on ST. The game is kind of popular with the whole 4 pack deal so shop/search around and you will probably find it cheaper than 6.

i searched tf2op.It was mostly 5-6 keys.

The schedule seems to be around once a week. But the community hub for the game seemes pretty active. I would recommend watching some gameplay on YouTube first and see if that is the kind of game you would want to play.

Thanks!.gonna watch some multiplayer.It goes in discount pretty regularly right?I mean i missed that 33% off which was a week/two ago.

Where is the best place to buy keys? Need 10 somewhat quickly as there's a wonderful deal going for the Galactic Civilization 3 Founder's Pack.

200.gif

200.gif

Amazing giveaway, is GFWL removed from the first one?

Anony

Where is the best place to buy keys? Need 10 somewhat quickly as there's a wonderful deal going for the Galactic Civilization 3 Founder's Pack.

easiest way would be to just go on the steam marketplace and buy it, it's already lower than the store price
might not be the lowest, but it sure is the easiest

aku:jiki

I always found amusing that a 2D precision platformer suggests using a gamepad with a picture of one that is absolutely terribad for 2D precision platformers.
I have to say that I find it curious that SteamGAF appears to be completely unaware that there's a 360 pad revision with a good d-pad. It's the last one that came out, think it may have been late 2012 or so.

Not to mention the fact that most precision platformers play absolutely fine with the stick. I've gotten every achievement in both Meat Boy and Spelunky with a default 360 pad and I never felt like the controller held me back.

easiest way would be to just go on the steam marketplace and buy it, it's already lower than the store price
might not be the lowest, but it sure is the easiest

I used to buy them from people for anywhere from 1.3-1.7 as compared to the 2.40 they're going for on the marketplace. Maybe things have changed but I don't mind a little bit of work to save that much, lol.

Anony

I used to buy them from people for anywhere from 1.3-1.7 as compared to the 2.40 they're going for on the marketplace. Maybe things have changed but I don't mind a little bit of work to save that much, lol.

well, then you're gonna have to look for them in the various trading forums, but 1.3-1.7 sounds really low
factor in that you need 10 keys, you're gonna be asking multiple people, it's gonna take some effort getting all 10 at that low of a price unless you get really lucky

derExperte

GC3 for 10 keys? Need more details.

Weren't there some loopholes so people from certain regions could get them cheaper but can't anymore?

well, then you're gonna have to look for them in the various trading forums, but 1.3-1.7 sounds really low
factor in that you need 10 keys, you're gonna be asking multiple people, it's gonna take some effort getting all 10 at that low of a price unless you get really lucky

That's why I was asking for the particular forums. Think it was some tf2 trading one but I've forgotten the name and cleared the cache since. I think I have a disjointed view of what they normally go for as the few times I did it I would buy 20-40 keys somewhere in the range of the prices above. Very lucky as you said :p

GC3 for 10 keys? Need more details.
Edit: put the wrong link in Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom