• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Just 4 hours to go. Will post this on each page so Im sure as many as possible get's a chance. :)

Ive been kinda addicted with these "big" giveaways. Im worried.

I know I was hard on you the other day with Playfire, SAM, achievements, etc... but shit man, you did done good with these giveaways. Pretty awesome of you :)

Man, this HEX Beta is seriously interfering with my ability to play Steam games at the moment. Of course, that's partially because the Beta is a completely unstable wreck... but still...

fantomena

I know I was hard on you the other day with Playfire, SAM, achievements, etc... but shit man, you did done good with these giveaways. Pretty awesome of you :)

No problem. I know the Playfire, SAM etc. stuff was stupid by me, so I apologize again. You were not hard, you did what was right so I could think over what Ive done. So thank you and all the other GAFFers who joined the discussion too. :)

I sometime receive more keys from devs and pubs in case I want to make a giveaway on my blog. But I chose to give the keys away here on GAF instead. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say that I find it curious that SteamGAF appears to be completely unaware that there's a 360 pad revision with a good d-pad. It's the last one that came out, think it may have been late 2012 or so.

Not to mention the fact that most precision platformers play absolutely fine with the stick. I've gotten every achievement in both Meat Boy and Spelunky with a default 360 pad and I never felt like the controller held me back.
Oh, I am perfectly aware of that. It's just I've never seen it in my life, anywhere, so there's no way I could buy one, and thus make Bit.Trip Core playable on PC.

derExperte

Thanks but I'm a bit suspicious, how does he get the keys that cheap from GG while still making a profit and why doesn't he ask for more? Because he easily could.

Oh, I am perfectly aware of that. It's just I've never seen it in my life, anywhere, so there's no way I could buy one, and thus make Bit.Trip Core playable on PC.

Yeah, I'd have to buy a more expensive special edition to get the better dpad, the regular controllers sold still have the old one.

Thanks but I'm a bit suspicious, how does he get the keys that cheap from GG while still making a profit and why doesn't he ask for more? Because he easily could.

Think there was a pricing glitch, noticed a few other posts go up. Sale on various GalCal games at gamersgate. I'll give it a go and get back to you.

That's not entirely correct. Sourceop will always have much better prices than the Steam market.

Why bother with sourceop for 10 keys.Unless you are buying crap load of keys it wont make much difference in price either.Also steam market is much safer and faster in this kind of deals.

Caerith

15mins was too short especially since its still early in the states, but 24hrs was too long, the game is out now, peeps be wanting to play it soon I imagine, not tomorow. Thats why I was asking earlier today if you could do custom timers

Makes sense. Custom timers would be nice, just to have more options between 15's "blink and you'll miss it" and 3 hours, and something between 3 hours and 24.

Same here, ebgames, JB hifi, big W, etc, all stores don't seem to stock the 360 pad with the good dpad, so it may as well by a mythical creature since I've only heard of it from tales of other people but never actually seen it in person.

Divius

Ugh, amazing giveaway Rhaknar. Entered, would be amazing if I win this. I guess I'm a lurker though, haven't been very active in here :/

Oh now they decide to do 66% off. Remember the Horrible Holiday Sale where the game won the vote yet lowered the actually discount twice.

I'm just going to wait now. It's bound to be HB material.

You can join me in an even darker, deeper hole of waiting for it to be in a bundle, if not waiting for it to be on discount on PSN, then saying naw and waiting for it to be free on PSN.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Where Angels Cry -- MB-226D3C4B4695E9C4 - Taken by tylergregg
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-DA1F89E136970D74 - Taken by Ezalc
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-250D2632DF7E0DD7
Nightmares From The Deep -- MB-A741369305E3FEC6 - Taken by -MD-

Take 'em.

Echoplx

Well, seems to have worked out. Code I got was for the game and it's now downloading.

The biggest risk with these kinds of trades is if it was bought with a stolen credit card or something, if it was you have no chance of getting a refund because you can't trade cd keys within the trade window.

Jawmuncher

You can join me in an even darker, deeper hole of waiting for it to be in a bundle, if not waiting for it to be on discount on PSN, then saying naw and waiting for it to be free on PSN.

That is the natural progression of waiting now. I did that with Lone Survivor. Funny how that hit PS+ before the current bundle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting for newcomers

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls II -- MB-F5EE6FEC9E1CFC38 - Taken by Mr. Poolman. 117 entrants total.

t1398452292z1.png
200.gif

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys or whatever those crazy kids do, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)

The biggest risk with these kinds of trades is if it was bought with a stolen credit card or something, if it was you have no chance of getting a refund because you can't trade cd keys within the trade window.

Yeah, I will probably get fucked down the line but such is life. Wouldn't normally do such a thing but he has enough feedback spaced out over time to where I'm willing to take the risk.

Edit: Not to mention he has a rather sizable collection himself. Most of the fraud traders I've read about who buy keys with stolen cards have few games and are new.

Nabs

Risk of Rain is really fucking good. The soundtrack is up there with the best of last year.

I'm just not a fan of how multiplayer is handled. I wish they'd go back and have it done through Steam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
reposting for newcomers

You really shouldn't since Modbot goes for the older one to edit. So people will enter thinking it's still available in "First come; first serve" mode when it isn't.

Link the post, next time.

(I still need to get around to finishing Alan Wake. Maybe next week...)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
*trumpet*

Rise of Prussia next, please.

AGEOD? I haven't heard of that dev in years, shit. They made Birth of America. I used to play that for hours in middle school. Not the best turn based strategy game, but I bought it for like $10 at my school's book fair, and I've been looking for that disk for a while. Would buy day one if it comes to Steam.

Tellaerin

dont be a prick, dont enter if you have the game and want to sell it for keys or whatever those crazy kids do, dont enter if you're not going to play it, there are people that legitimaly want this game, just... be cool :)

Dude, I think you're probably going to kill Modbot with all the entries this giveaway's going to get. >.>

Seriously, amazing generosity, man.

Weird. Saw the Full Spectrum Warrior games on GMG. I check on Steam, says I already own the games but they're not in my library and I'm sure I never bought them or got them in a bundle

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Blockstory, a game that was Greenlit, is now available to buy at $7.99, a discount of 20% off. And before anyone asks, yes, some of the visuals do look like Minecraft.

About the Game

There isn’t much better than a wide open game world in which you have essentially no limits and can alter the very landscape in which you play – that is, unless you add dragons, of course…

Block Story combines popular 3D voxel, sandbox exploration gameplay with exciting and addictive role playing elements. Complete a variety of quests to survive and become the greatest warrior in the realm by conquering ten diverse biomes. Build strongholds, encounter a wide variety of creatures, battle boss monsters, and mine valuable resources to upgrade weaponry, access better equipment and create artifacts to summon monsters of all sorts – including dragons! The first chapter of your story begins…

Grief.exe

Oh, I understand what you mean now. They are valid problems, but not enough to say the whole port sucks. I thought you were saying those weren't problems.

Ya, I'm not trying to brush them aside as if they don't exist. I do understand the frustration when a game doesn't work. It just seems a little ridiculous what ends up coming out of people's mouths.

Maybe it's because I've been a PC gamer for well over a decade and I understand the nuances of the platform. I understand there are millions of potential hardware configurations and I have no problem tweaking until it runs perfectly on my configuration.

derExperte

Also, I totally linked the wrong page and that's not who I bought the game from so whoops :p

I decided against it anyway, less because I want to know how he/they aquired the keys and more because I have enough untouched space strategy games already. As good as a deal that is, it would still be a waste of money right now. Might regret it in a few months of course.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I will probably get fucked down the line but such is life. Wouldn't normally do such a thing but he has enough feedback spaced out over time to where I'm willing to take the risk.

Edit: Not to mention he has a rather sizable collection himself. Most of the fraud traders I've read about who buy keys with stolen cards have few games and are new.

Yep. Also a 10 year steam account. I might get get a key from him too, seems trustable enough imo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You really shouldn't since Modbot goes for the older one to edit. So people will enter thinking it's still available in "First come; first serve" mode when it isn't.

Link the post, next time.

(I still need to get around to finishing Alan Wake. Maybe next week...)

wait...what? what do you mean first come first serve, its a raffle, so its random?

I decided against it anyway, less because I want to know how he/they aquired the keys and more because I have enough untouched space strategy games anyway. As good as a deal that is, it would still be a waste of money right now. Might regret it in a few months of course.

I almost wish I had paid full price because I'd be obligated to actually play it :p

Ban Puncher

Found a place selling Dark Souls II keys for $39 AUD instead of the $72 they're asking on Steam Store so I buckled to peer pressure and got one so I can fit in with the cool kids.

Khronico

Apparently I accidentally put Giana Sisters instead of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams in the modbot giveaway. It is, in fact Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams that is in my giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom