• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a sneak peek at what I'm working on this morning:
Nice ! As always great work.

The dark green 'owned' tag is kind of obsolete, as you can already see that you own the game. Will these features (and the recent booster pack calculation) also be available for the Opera plugin? It looks like the Opera plugin is not updated in a while.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice ! As always great work.

The dark green 'owned' tag is kind of obsolete, as you can already see that you own the game. Will these features (and the recent booster pack calculation) also be available for the Opera plugin? It looks like the Opera plugin is not updated in a while.

Oh yeah, I have all the tags and highlighting options turned on in the developer build just to test it - they won't show up normally unless you configure them to.

As for Opera, it's kind of tricky. Opera recently completely discontinued their old (.oex) extensions. They've also started heavily moderating their new extensions, and the past 4 versions I've sent to them they've rejected.

I guess I'll just have to see when the time comes if I can write a version of Enhanced Steam geared at Opera users that passes all of their requirements.

Jawmuncher

Oh yeah, I have all the tags and highlighting options turned on in the developer build just to test it - they won't show up normally unless you configure them to.

As for Opera, it's kind of tricky. Opera recently completely discontinued their old (.oex) extensions. They've also started heavily moderating their new extensions, and the past 4 versions I've sent to them they've rejected.

I guess I'll just have to see when the time comes if I can write a version of Enhanced Steam geared at Opera users that passes all of their requirements.

Seems odd for Opera to be so picky. Not like they're at the top of the charts for most used browser.

fantomena

Someone on r/gamedeals called Crysis 3 a fantastic game.

Airplane-gif.gif

Wok

About Dark Souls 2, I had initially chosen an explorer with the petrified egg, and the game was too hard, my weapons were getting destroyed by hitting walls, etc. So I have started another playthrough: a sorcerer with a life ring. For info, the game has become really easier. Just to give an example, I could kill the ogre really easily at a distance, and I still have the ability to backstab ennemies with a dagger. It is just a lot easier with no downside.

O
As for Opera, it's kind of tricky.
A lot of Opera users (including me) still uses the old 12.xx version, bc Opera broke the browser in the newer 'chromenium' versions. But I understand you do not want to update a plugin for a older browser. the ES 1.3 version is already a great enhancement and I am very happy with it.

aku:jiki

magfulC.jpg

Four wins in one day like a straight up boss. Five wins in one day, is such a thing even possible? Ancient Aliens guy says yes.

That's a pretty decent bundle. A lot of those games have already been bundled though.
Yeah, what gives? I thought getting previously unbundled games was one of their prime directives. Instead, I own like 60% of those from other bundles. At least they didn't budge on their Steam only rule...

Oh well, still enough interesting stuff at a good enough discount for me to get it. Plus, more keys for my giveaway!

Someone on r/gamedeals called Crysis 3 a fantastic game.

Airplane-gif.gif

I bought it for $5 solely to test out my new rig. Surprisingly, with everything maxed out I couldnt pull a consistent 60 fps but i was ok with how close to 60 i was.

Never played it again. I still need to play the first one. I've only finished Crysis 2, weirdly enough.

Thorgal

Not sure if i should post it here but this may be relevant :

Boris , the creator of ENB ( the program that makes skyrim and the like look awesome ) has made one for Dark souls 2 :

25 april 2014
Published ENBSeries 0.253 beta for Dark Souls 2. Functionality is very limited, but it's based on Skyrim version, so external shaders may work. Do not report any bugs, i saw a lot already, but not sure if will do future updates, will see.

http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

Megasoum

Banned
I bought it for $5 solely to test out my new rig. Surprisingly, with everything maxed out I couldnt pull a consistent 60 fps but i was ok with how close to 60 i was.

Never played it again. I still need to play the first one. I've only finished Crysis 2, weirdly enough.

Yeah I upgraded my pc last week so I'm waiting on the next 5$ deal to buy it too just to do some benchmark lol.

fantomena

I was a huge fan of the Crysis series. Was. Crysis 2 and 3 broke my heart.

Grief.exe

Confession time GAF.
Souls series is too tough for me =(

Yep, me too.

You and me both man, you and me both :[

I feel that the difficulty of Dark Souls is somewhat overblown by the media and gaming populace.

The game is difficult, but to an extent. Once you realize what the game is looking for and go into encounters with patience and thought, it's really not more difficult than other games.

Of course the learning curve may be higher if your brain has been curdled by years of Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc ;)

DocSeuss

Still bummed that the best Aliens vs Predator game, AvP2, isn't on Steam.

Been spending a LOT of time with FEAR lately.

Turns out FRAPS doesn't get along with "force graphics restart," but it turns out I don't need that; the game's performance is pretty rock-solid, because yay games from 2005.

How is FEAR still the greatest FPS of all time?

It is still the best gif that has ever been giffed.

I feel that the difficulty of Dark Souls is somewhat overblown by the media and gaming populace.

The game is difficult, but to an extent. Once you realize what the game is looking for and go into encounters with patience and thought, it's really not more difficult than other games.

Of course the learning curve may be higher if your brain has been curdled by years of Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc ;)

Definitely overblown. There are easily harder games out there, just not on the same genre, I guess.

I can't remember a somewhat hard action rpg like Souls games.

All these giveaways today...
Thanks for Sine Mora, Jase!

I swear the guy who makes the Air skin wants to steadily make it worse. The text in the 0425 version looks awful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just to drive home how many indie bundles there are these days: that list took me less than two weeks to accumulate.

Dr Dogg

I know I've been away in downsampling heaven for the past day (16k Rayman Origins anyone?) but 10 pages? I would thought you guys would be busy like playing Dark Souls II.
Really wished I cancelled my physical copy now and got a digital one you jammy gits!

Here's a sneak peek at what I'm working on this morning:

"Why doesn't Steam already do this?"

I think now Valve are testing you with deliberate exclusions from Steam and to see how much you can fix ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom