• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Hahha Jase did you time that mega-giveaway specifically to trip Modbot up so it can't give away Dark Souls 2? Hahaha.

ipad-art-wide-hanna-420x0.jpg

The bringer of chaos.

derExperte

ex at one point i had to go through a small town and at first i wanted to get to higher ground to scout out the place but discovered that the game wouldn't let me and the only way i could proceed was to go in blind ( you ca guess how that went . it included lots of screaming and liberal use of the rocket launcher )

Something like this happened to me too, it might even have been the exact same spot where I tried the same thing. The levels felt smaller and more restrained than in Far Cry (at least earlier parts, that one lost its way later on too) but I still much prefer them over the ones in C2 and 3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anno14ohmygod2uleb.jpg

tumblr_inline_mll63bxwna00.gif

Hahha Jase did you time that mega-giveaway specifically to trip Modbot up so it can't give away Dark Souls 2? Hahaha.

I thought I timed my giveaway coincident with the end of the DS2 giveaway, but I realised afterwards that I was off by about 20 minutes. Oops. :(

Just glad I can give you something you want. You're impossible to shop for

<3 Thanks again!

JaseC

Can I play Anno 1404's main campaign from within Venice or are they two completely separate games?

Wait you're actually going to install and play Anno?

I lost count of how many times I resisted the urge to buy it on Uplay. Call it a sixth sense. :p

Grief.exe

Anno 1404 is much better than Anno 2070. It is known.

The truth. Anno 1404 is such a serene, enjoyable game. 2070 feels ugly by comparison.

That's pretty awesome.

I've gotten myself into city builders lately with Banished and I'm hungry for more. I know the Anno series is cut from different cloth but they do share some similarities.

Anyone else find it strange that you can't search for 'Anno' on Steam to find 1404? You have to search for Dawn of Discovery specifically.

Known by whom? I've played a whole lot of both and 1404 doesn't do anything better then 2070.

It has less DRM now.

fantomena

Under 1 hour left.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wasteland 2 -- MB-16B6A8CE6D57A772

t1398458994z1.png

Here's a sneak peek at what I'm working on this morning:

"Why doesn't Steam already do this?"

Easy, they haven't hired you yet. The real question is why are you not working for Steam yet? Only reason I can imagine is that you made a faux pas while visiting Valve HQ and implied that GabeN has some extra weight on his body.

JaseC

Anyone else find it strange that you can't search for 'Anno' on Steam to find 1404? You have to search for Dawn of Discovery specifically.

Well, Anno wasn't Anno in the US until 2070, so it makes sense that there's no mention of the name as far as previous entries are concerned.

Tomodachi

Is it finally safe to buy and play? Good.
I held up on impulse-buying it from uplay thanks to your sixth sense a few weeks ago. Cheers mate.

And I have to agree, 1404 >>> 2070, how could they go with that "artistic" direction after 1404 is beyond me. Game's cool though, maybe a little messy.

Vibranium

Banned
Easy, they haven't hired you yet. The real question is why are you not working for Steam yet? Only reason I can imagine is that you made a faux pas while visiting Valve HQ and implied that GabeN has some extra weight on his body.

Really, jshackles should just walk up to the front desk and ask to see Gabe. He would school the Steam team, they could really use a leader.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I find the entries surprisingly low, I've had more people enter in a three hour contest to get Resident Evil Revelations, for example.

I didn't enter, I came in too late.

I find the entries surprisingly low, I've had more people enter in a three hour contest to get Resident Evil Revelations, for example.

I didn't enter, I came in too late.

I didn't enter because I am yet to play DS so it would be selfish of me to have it sitting in my backlog when someone else could be playing it now. I expect plenty of fellow GAFers did the same.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I did nothing of the sort! Some might say that my only faux pas was wearing my fashionably stylish fedora. :)

Really, jshackles should just walk up to the front desk and ask to see Gabe. He would school the Steam team, they could really use a leader.

I'm certainly not that impolite as to bother Gabe while he's working
playing DOTA2
. I even had the chance to interrupt a lovely conversation he was having near the elevator about super-powers, but decided it would be rude.

Maybe my problem is that I'm too nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom