• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Dark Souls II giveaway killed ModBot right?

Modbot never dies.
OZcuVH5.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wanted to ask have you been tracking this game? I know it's on Desura but seems right up your alley if it ever hits steam.
http://www.desura.com/games/claire

Yes I have, I pre-ordered it about a year ago and have played a bit of the Alpha back in February. Awaiting it's full release, when I played it there were some bugs but it was interesting from the hour or so I tried it, but decided to try and wait for the full release before I played again.

What I gathered from my time with it is that it's very Silent Hill meets Rule of Rose meets Alan Wake, as those were the three things I think it was pulling from the most. Silent Hill for the sort of horror it's going for, Rule of Rose as your dog companion works like it does in Rule of Rose and the story features the changing ages thing that Rule of Rose does, and Alan Wake as the actual combat reminded me of it as you have to shine your flashlight on enemies and get rid of shadows to hurt them.

I can say the first area outside of the prologue, the hospital, is fucking huge.

But I've got good hopes for this pixel horror game, to be seen if it tops Lone Survivor for what is in my opinion the best sidescrolling pixel horror game (Last Door is in second). And happy it's already gone through Greenlight.

claire-game.jpg

Taking an awful long time for Modbot to count Dark Souls entrants...

I think we may want to get a recount*

*unless I win, then it's working just fine and nothing to see here.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The Promised Land is now available on Steam for $5.59, at a discount of 20% off. It has cards, for anyone slightly interested.

Take charge of a small group of settlers and build a thriving colony in The Promised Land, a casual strategy game for the adventurous at heart. Gather resources, erect buildings and establish trade as you explore a vast wilderness teeming with surprises! Guide your colony to the victory of the modern superpower!

DocSeuss

I am never going to be as good at giving games away as Jase is. :(

Can anyone with contacts at Sega ask anyone what's up with AvP2? Did the rights go Fox Interactive > ATVI? Or Monolith > Warner? Pretty sure the rights were always with Fox, so they're NOT at Warner, and are either with ATVI (similar to Wolf09 and formerly Quake IV) or actually Fox, and if it's Fox... there's nothing stopping it from coming to Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, I want to buy you a game as thanks for this and your steam gaf services, but you own everything. Is there anything mere mortals could get you that is affordable in my life time :p

There's no need, but, well, I wouldn't say "no" to Anno 1404 Gold/Dawn of Discovery Gold.

Looks like Modbot is working.

Instructions for Shadowlink:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 2 Desura Key -- MB-9D8FFA4D303AF627 - Taken by hohoXD123
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-263BDD78BC658CF7 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 3 Desura Key -- MB-9BAE6CD08598D304 - Taken by cardinalmind

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anno 1404 Gold is yours - add ThatBrownFella via Steam

Done. Remote Desktop is being a little iffy so don't be offended if I don't respond to a chat message, haha.

If it's a Steamworks title you will get a key. That's the only "for sure" way of knowing.

Interestingly enough, the Origin version of DMC is actually an Origin version of DMC. But unlike Ubi, EA actually mentions the Steam requirement for Steamworks titles, so there's little room for confusion.

At first I was like that with Demon's Souls. I could never beat the first level boss. There was a point where I just stopped playing and became one of the very few people that were like, "yeah this game is hard, there's no way any enjoyment can come out of this".

Then, I revisited the game with some persistence to beat it and I did. And just like that, everything clicked. It was like magic and I was addicted to the Souls series.

It always starts like that... until you learn.
Or until you keep on... MAKING HUGE MISTAKES... like me and play Dark Souls 2 about as hardcore as you can go; I'm currently hollow with 50% of my health lost and a member of the Champions Covenant... as an explorer. I think the only way I could have made it harder was to have started as a depraved or by voluntarily ditching my armor. ;)

Everyone should buy Risk of Rain. It's fucking awesome. Best music.

Agreed.

Anyone grab Adventure Manager off early access? I always wanted to try a manager genre game since they inspire such addiction in people but I don't have any interest in sports. The devs seems very active and forth coming on the steam forum which is nice to see. Gives me hope the game will get there one day even if the early impressions lean negative somewhat

Thorgal

I was a huge fan of the Crysis series. Was. Crysis 2 and 3 broke my heart.

Speaking about Crysis , i recently finished the first one for the first time and my opinion of it is ... slightly not good ?

Don't get me wrong , i can clearly see why, when this game came out in 2007 it blew people's mind ( and their PC's :p) the graphics and lush environment of the island still looks gorgeous today .

The issues i had with the game where ,among other tiny nit picks :

- Stealth .

Stealth IMO is completely useless in this game due to the fact that your stealth meter drained way too fast ( for the record , i did play this game without any tweaks or mods )
Making any attempt itried to sneak my way past an outpost or take out everyone quietly an attempt doomed to fail and eventually i just gave up and went terminator on anything that moved.

-The environment aka the open levels .

What ? i hear you think Those where what made Crysis 1 so much better then 2 or 3 and ... i must disagree .

While the openness it gives is great, it is a false sense of openness.
To me it felt more like i was going through a very wide corridor that was guiding me to where the story wanted me to be instead of where i wanted to go .
ex at one point i had to go through a small town and at first i wanted to get to higher ground to scout out the place but discovered that the game wouldn't let me and the only way i could proceed was to go in blind ( you ca guess how that went . it included lots of screaming and liberal use of the rocket launcher )

-Aliens .

Fuck them .
just fuck them !

The game is still great ,but it has a few issues that i felt dampened my enjoyment of it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom