• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Anno 1440 looking better then 2070 ? perhaps .

Anno 2070 looking ugly ? no way

Great shots, is that some sort of sweetfx? I dont' think the game looks ugly, it's just the style (too much water, lots of desolate surroundings) they went with, never really liked it. Personal taste I guess.

Dr Dogg

Can I play Anno 1404's main campaign from within Venice or are they two completely separate games?

From what I've seen they're separate. Venice can install on it's own but when you start up 1404 it has no text hahaha

I lost count of how many times I resisted the urge to buy it on Uplay. Call it a sixth sense. :p

And now you can play it
without any DRM at all!

Well, it's a ubisoft game. he cant help himself.

Ah that's true. Just imagine the day Tin tin comes to Steam.

Thorgal

Great shots, is that some sort of sweetfx? I dont' think the game looks ugly, it's just the style (too much water, lots of desolate surroundings) they went with, never really liked it. Personal taste I guess.

Just downsampled from 1800p and disabled the Bloom in the ini files .

The poor should feel embarrassed.
v3aWOG9.png

B-but what about our creed?
MHqQnTW.jpg

Caerith

This is coming along nicely. :)

This may've been asked already, but would it be possible for Enhanced Steam to be able to either auto-spoiler or filter out screenshots from certain games? Like, if a user didn't want to see Dark Souls II stuff for fear of spoilers, they could click a "don't show me these" or "spoiler these" link to block them all out?

aku:jiki

Win #5! Finally made Number One work out by picking up a range upgrade, and then had some major luck by finding a 1UP on Womb 1 when I was down to like 1.5 hearts. Only found that because I lucked out and got the compass from a beggar, so the RNG gods are smiling on me tonight.

I'm surprised that many people entered for DS2. I would be embarrassed to not own it already.
Everyone knows that Otogi is the superior From franchise. I guess DS2 is cute if you've never experienced the glory of Otogi II.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This may've been asked already, but would it be possible for Enhanced Steam to be able to either auto-spoiler or filter out screenshots from certain games? Like, if a user didn't want to see Dark Souls II stuff for fear of spoilers, they could click a "don't show me these" or "spoiler these" link to block them all out?

It would be possible, but the list of apps you don't want to see screenshots from would have to be stored locally (like, on your computer) and would further be complicated by certain apps (such as Dark Souls II) having different appids in different regions. So for example, you could block out all Dark Souls II stuff, but if someone posted a screenshot from the Russian version, it would still show that until you also filtered that out.

It'd be much easier with a blanket rule like "put a spoiler cover over every screenshot image in your activity feed"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dark Souls 2 doesn't have region-specific apps, just subs. Football Manager aside I think Wolf14 is the first game to have a region-specific app since Dishonored (excluding unused region-specific apps, like Skyrim RU).

Edit: Oh, wait, I forgot about Japan. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dark Souls 2 doesn't have region-specific apps, just subs. Football Manager aside I think Wolf14 is the first game to have a region-specific app since Dishonored (excluding unused region-specific apps, like Skyrim RU).

Ah, good point.

Vindicis

Banned
Fantomena, did you find someone to trade you all those spare review keys you had on CAG? Just curious as you had said previously you were giving them away to your fellow gaffers instead of profiting from press keys that devs sent you with good intentions.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals/page-51#entry11714210
Posted Today, 09:18 AM
fantomena, on 25 Apr 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:
Not sure where to write this, so I write it here and in the Steam thread.
I have Steam keys for Spacebase DF-9, Goat Simulator, Xenonauts, Broforce and Full Bore. You can get them all in exchange for a Steam copy of either Strider og Banished.
This is my first time trading, so be nice. Since Im a trustworthy person I will give you the keys so you can activate them and see that they are legit before you give me either Banished or Strider.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So floating around on some sites, though I can't find the original statement, are people saying Desura will no longer be handing out Steam keys for bundle games any more and that it is up to the bundle distributor.

Anyone have any more knowledge on this? Suposssedly it's from the developer of Always Remember Me, but again, I can't find the original statement to that affect.

This is coming along nicely. :)

Brilliant.

derExperte

Fantomena, did you find someone to trade you all those spare review keys you had on CAG? Just curious as you had said previously you were giving them away to your fellow gaffers instead of profiting from press keys that devs sent you with good intentions.

I like how you call us 'Neotards' and idiots a few post below. At least use a different avatar. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals/?p=11714251

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Couldn't he just request a Press Copy of both of these games? Dunno about Strider but my friend who runs a small YT channel got in touch with the Banished dev about a steam key and he provided him one

Neotards? He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom