• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

This is coming along nicely. :)

Is that basically the Steam's top 100 played list in a chart form? Is it possible to use SteamChart's peak numbers for 48hr\24hr and thus feature in the chart the games that are gaining popularity and players the quickest rather than it being only based on total numbers which will make it a pretty static and big-titles only kind of list?

Nzyme32

Fantomena, did you find someone to trade you all those spare review keys you had on CAG? Just curious as you had said previously you were giving them away to your fellow gaffers instead of profiting from press keys that devs sent you with good intentions.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals/page-51#entry11714210

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals/?p=11714251

Bruticis said:
Neotard alert, avoid this "dope" at all costs. He cons publishers into giving him review keys for games because he created some broken english 3rd grade video game blog then trades them away for games he wants. Go look him up in the Steam thread on Neogaf, even most of the idiots there can't stand him. Shit's bad when neotards don't even like you.

This isn't on from both of you. I thought we had a sound group here. Dissapointed

marklamarr1_396x222.jpg

MRORANGE

Wait... how do we know it's Fantomena's CAG profile?, I know it goes back to January but do we have any concrete proof its actually him and not some other guy doing it?

Yeah I know it's fishy and all, but best let Fantomena's speak up first - if he does..

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wait... how do we know it's Fantomena's CAG profile?, I know it goes back to January but do we have any concrete proof its actually him and not some other guy doing it?

Yeah I know it's fishy and all, but best let Fantomena's speak up first - if he does..
read the quoted posts below with his name attached, then link back and you can see he deleted the posts and changed his username.

Nzyme32

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well if he used a different username he could've have avoided all this. You don't just sell Press copies with the same name you use on your blog or Neogaf...

Kiru

read the quoted posts below with his name attached, then link back and you can see he deleted the posts and changed his username.

Someone else quoted him before the change so his original name is there, and you can also see where it changed later http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals/?p=11714210

You can also find his profile in google if you search for "fantomena cheapassgamer". Clicking on it shows Dudeson Profile instead... Suspicious to change the names, delete most posts and all topics he created... :/

nexen

I'm a bit surprised that you all are surprised about this.
Fantomena stated that he was getting review keys multiple times in this thread and he started handing out some very recent, expensive keys right after he got into hot water here.
I kinda figured they were review keys.

derExperte

Yep. Totally unnecessary.

I almost wanted to ask how he went from being a very casual but normal poster here to suddenly hating us idiots. But then I remembered reading a few threads on CAG and yeah, just a bunch of randomly angry, frustrated people over there. Strange place.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

His CAG post is ~seven hours old and he offered me Broforce + Xenonauts + Spacebase + Full Bore in exchange for Banished about four hours ago.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Fantomena stated that he was getting review keys multiple times in this thread and he started handing out some very recent, expensive keys right after he got into hot water here.

I'm actually more surprised that devs handed him multiple keys for games such as Wasteland and Gal Civ III, that are expensive single player games

Terra_Ex

What the?

Oh come on I got shit to do this evening now with it all kicking off I'm going to sit here F5ing this thread.
No need to play any games tonight when the Steam thread is delivering.

And speaking of Full Bore, I guess we are getting close to the Steam launch now if he's managed to get a review copy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
His CAG post is ~seven hours old and he offered me Broforce + Xenonauts + Spacebase + Full Bore in exchange for Banished about four hours ago.

Yesterday he asked if I would trade his Wasteland 2 for Ikaruga. I guess I should have put two and two together and realized it was a review key. Think I'll pass on that deal now.

I assumed he was using card money from all the cards he had sold from his many ModBot wins to fund them as he wanted to give back. Then I remembered he has a review blog so thought that he might have some spare keys to give away and that's where they were coming from. He then posted that this was the case. I thought that it was good of him to do that and not just sell/trade them.

LOL

Still we should give him a chance to explain all this before we send out the lynch mob, no?

This is embarrassing. I thought we were better than this - that we wouldn't stoop to the rest of GAF's level on piling on someone until we knew the facts for certain.

Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom