• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Have I missed previous dramas with this guy then?

In general, every post by him is just some form of bragging about how many games he has (that he got for free). I mostly tune him out. In the past few days, there's been some drama about him cheating at games to ruin leaderboards and using SAM for some illicit purpose? Most of that drama stopped when his Wasteland 2 giveaway started.

Must have been a bot of some kind. Either it found some way to bypass the fifteen-minute rest period after successful bids, or he found a way to block everyone else from bidding for games.

Either way, he was a greedy little shit and we're better off without him.

In related news, is ModBot dead? did JaseC's huge megagiveaway finally kill him?

Iirc the 15 minutes rule was introduced because of him.

Have at it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-F87C3C6DC82F4AB6
Gunman Clive -- MB-D5FEF1B609CF2158 - Taken by DaBargainHunta - Taken by DaBargainHunta
KAMI -- MB-C394F7B08E6EAD84 - Taken by Kifimbo
Little Racers STREET -- MB-6F96AF87B4A6B3C5 - Taken by Leg-End
N.P.P.D. RUSH -- MB-B8DBBE32DDD6A082 - Taken by nexen
Supreme Commander -- MB-8461026784DD1974 - Taken by maneil99 - Taken by maneil99
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) -- MB-8FE35E9D454B59E9
Probably Archery -- MB-6DFDE6C4CA0DBB93 - Taken by Sub Zero - Taken by Sub Zero
Humanity Asset -- MB-12BAF134A967575C - Taken by Diedac - Taken by Diedac
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-525912D925F387B4 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Driftmoon -- MB-8B4522EEF0F0F0D6 - Taken by TuckingFypo

In general, every post by him is just some form of bragging about how many games he has (that he got for free). I mostly tune him out. In the past few days, there's been some drama about him cheating at games to ruin leaderboards and using SAM for some illicit purpose? Most of that drama stopped when his Wasteland 2 giveaway started.

He used it to scam the Playfire rewards thing I believe.

Turfster

BruteUA

I should start stockpiling keys to give away in case I do something stupid and everyone finds out I'm really an asshole.

I really am an asshole, they'd all be mislabeled Bad Rats.

Tizoc

Thanks guys added it to my wishlist. Steam states that it uses Tages, so I assume that this DRM is removed only in certain regions as well?

I should start stockpiling keys to give away in case I do something stupid and everyone finds out I'm really an asshole.

The ability of gaffers to make me laugh is amazing, thank you BruteUA for brightening up my morning coffee.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

If you really were an asshole they'd all be labeled as the popular game of the day but the keys would all be Bad Rats.

Just mentioning this because it's kinda weird:

Just got two PMs: one from ModBot and the other from ModBot 2. What's that about? (Same giveaway and same key for both.)

Thank you again for the game, FiveElementNinja :)

AlexBasch

After months (I'm not kidding, I'm talking like...last Winter sale?) of not opening Steam, the Enhanced Steam TDD skin looks bad in some areas, so I'm guessing it's because of updates.

Any places where I can find updated skins? Stock one is cool but still.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Just got two PMs: one from ModBot and the other from ModBot 2. What's that about? (Same giveaway and same key for both.)

Yeah, same thing with me, 2 PMs from ModBot for the same game. Probably needs some fine-tuning after the recent storm of giveaways

Caerith

So does that give us a limit for how many games can be given away at a single time?
Assuming an average username-length of 8 characters and an average game name-length of 15 characters, and nothing in your giveaway post except the ModBot copypasta, you could give away 261 games before ModBot would run out of space.

250ish is the sweet spot.
This is probably safer.

No problem. There are 3 ModBots I believe and sometimes they overlap duties. It's nothing to worry about.

I got this giveaway receipt from ModBot2 a few minutes ago haha. I think ModBot needs a vacation.

Your giveaway receipt

DaBargainHunta claimed your Gunman Clive key.
Sub Zero claimed your Probably Archery key.
Kifimbo claimed your KAMI key.
Leg-End claimed your Little Racers STREET key.
TuckingFypo claimed your Driftmoon key.

Thanks again for being generous.

Grief.exe

Thanks guys added it to my wishlist. Steam states that it uses Tages, so I assume that this DRM is removed only in certain regions as well?

Anno 1404?

Was recently removed via patch. The files are still there, but they have been rendered inert. I believe you can just delete them.

Steam hasn't been updated to reflect this change.

Dr Dogg

Nope I've checked Anno and Tages doesn't get involved anymore and a few peeps I've spoke to after the patch have said it's the same for Dawn of Discovery. Files are still there but they're inert, in fact if you wish you can delete them.

Edit: Well I'm just too slow tonight :(

fantomena

It all started on school today when I was about to purchase Banished, Strider and Ikaruga for my birthday money (had birthday 23th april). Then a friend came (yes, a real friend), his name is Jostein (his Steam user, you can see me in his friends list) who knows about my reviewing stuff (most people on my school knows about my blog and I sometime loan them my review copies of games).

He aksed me if had some review codes left from games. I said yes, I have for Goat Simulator, Broforce, Full Bore, Spacebase DF-9 and maybe Wasteland 2 if i receive one more. He said he could help me through Steamtrades.com, be my middleman since I did not trust Steamtrades.com, he he have a profile there. So I gave him my review codes and he made this topic on Steamtrades for me.

I was impatient and made my own account hours after and started my own trade topic on Steamtrades.com. I locked it some hours after because I thought it was not needed since Jostein already have made a topic.

Then I thought it might be a better chance getting either Banished, Strider og Ikaruga if I used more trading allowed sites. So I tried CAG, some people got angry and called Neotards etc. so I changed my username to Dudeson in hope they won't get mad at NeoGAF at a whole, just me.

Then I asked Jshackles, JaseC and Apples, Man since I know they collect games, at least Jshackles and JaseC.

I thought about asking here on GAF, but I felt Steamtrades and CAG was enough.

Think that was all.

It all started on school today when I was about to purchase Banished, Strider and Ikaruga for my birthday money (had birthday 23th april). Then a friend came (yes, a real friend), his name is Jostein (his Steam user, you can see me in his friends list) who knows about my reviewing stuff (most people on my school knows about my blog and I sometime loan them my review copies of games).

He aksed me if had some review codes left from games. I said yes, I have for Goat Simulator, Broforce, Full Bore, Spacebase DF-9 and maybe Wasteland 2 if i receive one more. He said he could help me through Steamtrades.com, be my middleman since I did not trust Steamtrades.com, he he have a profile there. So I gave him my review codes and he made this topc on Steamtrades for me.

I was impatient and made my own account hours after and starte rmy own trade topic on Steamtrades.com. I locked it some hours after because I thought it was not needed since Jostien already have made a topic.

Then I thought it might be a better chance getting either Banished, Strider og Ikaruga if I used more trading allowed sites. So I tried CAG, some people got angry and called Neotards etc. so I changed my suername to Dudeson in hope they won't get mat at NeoGAF at a whole, just me.

Then I asked Jshackles, JaseC and Apples, Man since I know they collect games, at least Jshackles and JaseC.

Think that was all.

I remember that review codes and disk are not for trading and selling. Or are you allowed to trade them?

fantomena

I remember that review codes and disk are not for trading and selling. Or are you allowed to trade them?

In the review discs it says "Promo copy - not for resale". When it comes to review codes, I have not read a single rule about trading and selling them. If Im not allowed to sell or trade them, I won't.

hohoXD123

He aksed me if had some review codes left from games. I said yes, I have for Goat Simulator, Broforce, Full Bore, Spacebase DF-9 and maybe Wasteland 2 if i receive one more. He said he could help me through Steamtrades.com, be my middleman since I did not trust Steamtrades.com, he he have a profile there. So I gave him my review codes and he made this topc on Steamtrades for me.

I was impatient and made my own account hours after and started my own trade topic on Steamtrades.com. I locked it some hours after because I thought it was not needed since Jostein already have made a topic.

Then I thought it might be a better chance getting either Banished, Strider og Ikaruga if I used more trading allowed sites. So I tried CAG, some people got angry and called Neotards etc. so I changed my username to Dudeson in hope they won't get mat at NeoGAF at a whole, just me.

Think that was all.

When you received the review codes, did the terms state that you could trade them?

Your giveaway receipt

Kifimbo claimed your KAMI key.
TuckingFypo claimed your Driftmoon key.

Thanks again for being generous.
LOL. Modbot is definitely having a bad day. :)

Anyway, I just tried out Gunman Clive. Fun, old school action platformer. Definitely scratches a nice retro itch for me.

In the review discs it says "Promo copy - Not allowed for resale". When it comes to review codes, I have not read a single rule about trading and selling them.

Why do you think they're called "review codes"?
How do you get multiple codes for one game anyway? You have a blog with one reviewer and barely any readers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-9268446AB3546E33 - Taken by Kiru - Taken by Kiru
Xotic -- MB-C669D3FC467AD181 - Taken by saunderez - Taken by saunderez
Runespell: Overture -- MB-F42CBB2A00589B20 - Taken by johnssy123

fantomena

When you received the review codes, did the terms state that you could trade them?

Just "Thank you for your interest" and "here is your code: xxxxxx" and "Please don't give any impressions or review before this embargo".

Why do you think they're called "review codes"?
How do you get multiple codes for one game anyway? You have a blog with one reviewer and barely any readers.

I simply ask.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Confession time GAF.
Souls series is too tough for me =(
You're not the only one. I don't have neither the skills nor patience required for these games. I'm not a fan of dying 20 times to the same few enemies, only to be obliterated in a couple of seconds by a boss as soon as I get past that area.

I wish I could like them, but it's not meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom