• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, I have all the tags and highlighting options turned on in the developer build just to test it - they won't show up normally unless you configure them to.

As for Opera, it's kind of tricky. Opera recently completely discontinued their old (.oex) extensions. They've also started heavily moderating their new extensions, and the past 4 versions I've sent to them they've rejected.

I guess I'll just have to see when the time comes if I can write a version of Enhanced Steam geared at Opera users that passes all of their requirements.
Haha beautiful. So not only the new Opera is shit, but it's shit with an attitude.

I don't use grid view, but my community page does occasionally look like that when it's connecting really poorly and not loading completely. Earlier this week I was having a hard time connecting to the community page, but it cleared up on its own-- maybe it's your turn now.

Oh well, I'll give it some time then.

hohoXD123

Nope, Just "Thank you for your interest" and "here is your code: xxxxxx" and "Please don't give any impressions or review before this embargo".

But surely that implies that you can't trade it? I'm guessing that you agreed to abide by the embargo, anyone receiving the traded keys would be under no obligation. If there are rules in place for review discs I don't really see why there won't be for review codes.

Caerith

You're not the only one. I don't have neither the skills nor patience required for these games. I'm not a fan of dying 20 times to the same few enemies, only to be obliterated in a couple of seconds by a boss as soon as I get past that area.

I wish I could like them, but it's not meant to be.
Before you give up, try doing an SL1 run. You might find you're better than you thought you were.

Dambrosi

Banned
Mad Max got delayed too? This gen is Delay-Gen.

I wonder why there are so many delays.
Devs trying to raise enough money to finish them without resorting to KickStarter, I'll bet.

Wasn't it Pachter who basically said very recently that we'll see a third of the AAA games we saw last gen, but that each of them would have 3 times the budget? Sounds completely insane.

It all started on school today when I was about to purchase Banished, Strider and Ikaruga for my birthday money (had birthday 23th april). Then a friend came (yes, a real friend), his name is Jostein (his Steam user, you can see me in his friends list) who knows about my reviewing stuff (most people on my school knows about my blog and I sometime loan them my review copies of games).

He aksed me if had some review codes left from games. I said yes, I have for Goat Simulator, Broforce, Full Bore, Spacebase DF-9 and maybe Wasteland 2 if i receive one more. He said he could help me through Steamtrades.com, be my middleman since I did not trust Steamtrades.com, he he have a profile there. So I gave him my review codes and he made this topic on Steamtrades for me.

I was impatient and made my own account hours after and started my own trade topic on Steamtrades.com. I locked it some hours after because I thought it was not needed since Jostein already have made a topic.

Then I thought it might be a better chance getting either Banished, Strider og Ikaruga if I used more trading allowed sites. So I tried CAG, some people got angry and called Neotards etc. so I changed my username to Dudeson in hope they won't get mad at NeoGAF at a whole, just me.

Then I asked Jshackles, JaseC and Apples, Man since I know they collect games, at least Jshackles and JaseC.

I thought about asking here on GAF, but I felt Steamtrades and CAG was enough.

Think that was all.

I don't understand; how do you review the game if you trade/gift them away?

fantomena

But surely that implies that you can't trade it? I'm guessing that you agreed to abide by the embargo, anyone receiving the traded keys would be under no obligation. If there are rules in place for review discs I don't really see why there won't be for review codes.

If there is an emabrgo (there are not alway one). I always implies to the people i give either review disc or review code that they can't speak about the game before a certain time and date.

But I will of course stop loading/giving people review codes/discs if it is not allowed. The trading has not happened yet either.

fantomena

"Hey, can I get a second Wasteland 2 key? I want to trage it for Strider on CAG."

No. "Can I get another Wasteland 2 key for a giveaway or maybe other people want to share their impressions?"

I don't understand; how do you review the game if you trade/gift them away?

When I receive one key, I sometime ask for one more. It rarely happened, but it has happened a bit too much this week like you probably understand.

dani_dc

My sister saw me playing Dark Souls II and got curious about it, so
I just spent a good portion of my first 90 minutes of Dark Souls II checking red stains and then trying to figure out with my sister how people had died or what they were attempting to do (especially with random jumps).

BruteUA

Sometimes in life you encounter situations where a course of action isn't expressly forbidden, but you have to stop and ask yourself "Would this be a dick move, bro?"

It's not my place to try to tell others how to calibrate their own personal dickery meters, but I do reserve the right to judge silently from afar. And it should be my place, it's just that nobody else has fully realized that yet.

My sister saw me playing Dark Souls II and got curious about it, so
I just spent a good portion of my first 90 minutes of Dark Souls II checking red stains and then trying to figure out with my sister how people had died or what they were attempting to do (especially with random jumps).

Maybe they were following "jump here" messages? lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone should somehow photoshop Ronan to this gif.

917c7216a77d52b5fe166f7ea07dbec6.500x255x24.gif

I was going to respond with the "Everywhere I go... bad shit happens" scene from HILN but thanks to the pause there are too many frames.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
No. "Can I get another Wasteland 2 key for a giveaway or maybe other people want to share their impressions?"

When I receive one key, I sometime ask for one more. It rarely happened, but it has happened a bit too much this week like you probably understand.

I can't imagine that your blog gets much traffic. I'm impressed that devs gave you multiple keys for big games like Gal Civ III, Wasteland and others. I know two people that run a big youtube channel (around 50k subs) with reviews and LPs and rarely get review copies when they request them.

Also if you want Banished so much, why don't you request a review copy?

I see. So is this the first time you have tried to trade these extra keys or something you have done before? You mentioned previously that the extra key was/were given for you to give out on your blog, no? That's quite different from using them in a trade to get other games, no?

fantomena

I can't imagine that your blog gets much traffic. I'm impressed that devs gave you multiple keys for big games like Gal Civ III, Wasteland and others. I know two people that run a big youtube channel (around 50k subs) with reviews and LPs and rarely get review copies when they request them.

Also if you want Banished so much, why don't you request a review copy?

I have. A ton. I have even asked other gaming websites which have published a Banished review. They said they bought it themself after lot sof mails to the dev.

I REALLY want to buy Banished, but Im too afraid it will go on sale the next day, so I have been trying to get a review code or like today, trading some codes for a Steam copy.

I don't have much traffic, yes. A reason that I get multiple review codes for games such as GalCiv 3, Wasteland 2, Goat SImulator, Broforce and some other games which I have received multiple codes this week is maybe because they hear I review games from Sony, Nintendo, Activision, EA etc.

I see. So is this the first time you have tried to trade these extra keys or something you have done before? You mentioned previously that the extra key was/were given for you to give out on your blog, no? That's quite different from using them in a trade to get other games, no?

Yes. I have ALWAYS been really skeptical about third party websites with the butoon "Sign in through Steam". Some here maybe even remember that I was even skeptical when it come sto signing in on Steam through the browser. The first game i received multiple keys from, if i remember correct was Goat Simulator which I gave to friends.

You havent done any harm and thats good. Trading review codes isnt right. You got it for free so you review it (Some have MP mode or are greater in MP like Broforce so getting a second key is like a given) and dont use it to trade it for some game you would like to play instead. Even if its a spare one.

And now we can live on and calm down.

hohoXD123

You havent done any harm and thats good. Trading review codes isnt right. You got it for free so you review it (Some have MP mode or are greater in MP like Broforce so getting a second key is like a given) and dont use it to trade it for some game you would like to play instead. Even if its a spare one.

Screw that, everyone grab your pitchforks!
1042g5w__1_.gif

Kidding, kidding.

r3n4ud

Here's what I don't get. Why don't you just buy Ikaruga, Banished, and Strider with your Steam funds. You have like $300 dollars man. Use it!

fantomena, all will be forgiven if you change your avatar to Desmond and
give me a key for Bro Force

I'm kidding

No I'm not

Okay, yes I am

Divius

Off to bed, just wanted to pop in and say that I'm still interested to hop on a Risk of Rain 4pack, so If anyone is doing that send me a PM.

fantomena

Here's what I don't get. Why don't you just buy Ikaruga, Banished, and Strider with your Steam funds. You have like $300 dollars man. Use it!

I can't. Like I have said previusly. I can't use the money in the Steam wallet. Im too greedy. I REALLY want. First when I had like under 10€ I could simply buy stuff, but when I got more from selling cards, the addiction of getting free money from selling cards got so strong that I just wanted more and more and i don't want too see the money vanish by using them.

Ok. Gonna send a message to Jostein/Bruskorken that he should close the trad topic before someone actually wants to trade either Banished, Strider or Ikaruga.

Tellaerin

I can't. Like I have said previusly. I can't use the money in the Steam wallet. Im too greedy. I REALLY want. First when I had like under 10€ I could simply buy stuff, but when I got more from selling cards, the addiction of getting free money from selling cards got so strong that I just wanted more and more and i don't want too see the money vanish by using them.

You can't play a Steam wallet balance. Unspent money won't bring you happiness unless you're Smaug.

Don't be Smaug.

Yes. I have ALWAYS been really skeptical about third party websites with the butoon "Sign in through Steam". Some here maybe even remember that I was even skeptical when it come sto signing in on Steam through the browser. The first game i received multiple keys from, if i remember correct was Goat Simulator which I gave to friends.

Those extra keys were given to you by pubs to give away on your blog though were they not? Don't you feel morally obligated to do that? Instead you are attempting to use them to get a game for free, effectively. That's correct right, or am I misunderstanding?

Also, as you often mention is this thread, you have a huge Steam Wallet balance, no? Much of that must have come from your frequent ModBot wins I would think.

I just don't understand your thought process here. You seem to be out for whatever you can get from wherever you can get it and have no conscience over using keys that the pubs have given you to give away to profit yourself.

fantomena

Those extra keys were given to you by pubs to give away on your blog though were they not? Don't you feel morally obligated to do that? Instead you are attempting to use them to get a game for free, effectively. That's correct right, or am I misunderstanding?

Also, as you often mention is this thread, you have a huge Steam Wallet balance, no? Much of that must have come from your frequent ModBot wins I would think.

I just don't understand your thought process here. You seem to be out for whatever you can get from wherever you can get it and have no conscience over using keys that the pubs have given you to give away to profit yourself.

Yes, I feel ashamed for what Ive done. And I have no intention of doing it anymore.

What do you mean here?: Also, as you often mention is this thread, you have a huge Steam Wallet balance, no? Much of that must have come from your frequent ModBot wins I would think.

Instructions for Shadowlink:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 2 Desura Key -- MB-9D8FFA4D303AF627 - Taken by hohoXD123
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-263BDD78BC658CF7 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle 3 Desura Key -- MB-9BAE6CD08598D304

Dr Dogg

Me too, but I still want to buy the DS versions. Already have them on WiiWare, but that's not enough!

What the Wiimote waving Objection! Isn't enough for you?

I've got them on there and the iOS versions but can't see any conceivable reason why they haven't made there way to pc yet. Capcom don't want anymore of my money it seams.

Nzyme32

I have. A ton. I have even asked other gaming websites which have published a Banished review. They said they bought it themself after lot sof mails to the dev.

I REALLY want to buy Banished, but Im too afraid it will go on sale the next day, so I have been trying to get a review code or like today, trading some codes for a Steam copy.

I don't have much traffic, yes. A reason that I get multiple review codes for games such as GalCiv 3, Wasteland 2, Goat SImulator, Broforce and some other games which I have received multiple codes this week is maybe because they hear I review games from Sony, Nintendo, Activision, EA etc.

The logic here is beyond me. You are given those keys for giving away on your site. Even if that wasn't the case, why on earth would anyone give you keys, so that you could then trade them off to get games for yourself? I don't think it's morally right or even faithful to what you have asked for and been given by the pubs/devs. At least I know I don't want any part in whatever future giveaways you have

gabbo

Devs trying to raise enough money to finish them without resorting to KickStarter, I'll bet.

Wasn't it Pachter who basically said very recently that we'll see a third of the AAA games we saw last gen, but that each of them would have 3 times the budget? Sounds completely insane.

Here I was under the impression Avalanche was owned by Squeenix

I forgot how brutal combat could be in the Endless games, you've really got to stay on top of military research, exposing strategic resources and upgrading your existing units or neutrals simply stomp you down.

Upgrading your units is not as easy in EL as it is in Civ V. This is due to the difficulty of expanding out to strategic (and luxury) resources with your cities and upgrading isn't just a one button click in Endless Legend. In Civ V, you pop the resource (make a mine over an iron deposit) and so long as the unit you want to upgrade is in your territory it's one click to spend one resource point and some gold. In Endless Legend you edit or create new units to use newly researched weapons and armor. Your hero and units have multiple equipment slots: weapon, shield, helmet, armor, boots and the hero has two accessory slots. Each item type can have a resource cost, although some of the tier one gear doesn't have a strategic resource cost but it does up your production costs for making the unit. But to upgrade it you have to navigate to your army management screen, select the unit and then upgrade an existing one in another sub-menu. It's easy once you know where to look but it's more involved than Civ V.

But this makes researching and exposing (I believe you have to research to expose them) resources tremendously important because you can only settle one city in a region. It takes time to expand a city's workable tile range. With the Wild Walkers you kind of always have to be settling in or near a lot of trees to get their production bonuses.

I haven't even encountered the other civilizations in Endless Legend yet, I'm just fighting all of these neutral sub-factions. I started my game over because I fucked up with upgrading my armies, didn't know what to research or where to settle my cities.

fantomena

Jostein is closing the topic on Steamtrades, I will delete the keys I have left and will never do anything like this ever again.

Going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom