• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
milamber got moves

anyways, i think this area has some special invades which is why grey dudes are harassing me.

but you know, the feeling when you do this

92B4ADCF669CDA6A7DA8DB4FFAD5A85A5A41801B

is really good

i never really get used to being invaded, i'm shaking

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What are the chances of getting Steam keys later on from the Groupees build a microid bundle?

If the games get added to Steam, high. If the games don't get added to Steam, zero. I think Steam has been averaging 875 old games being added a day so I would guess that statistically not only these games, but also every game ever made will be on Steam by the time I finish typing this post. Oh look, Alley Cat and Stunts 4D.

nampad

Come get them while they are hot:
ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nosferatu:The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-AE28D755A680D0FE
Litil Divil -- MB-8117E56496AB6E5C - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-376DCDF6897640BB
Humanity Asset -- MB-9EE2315C19FAA4CA - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.

t1398493740z1.png

Yeah but for like 2 decades that basically meant you were playing a garbage game so that doesn't mean much.

Crafted some badges yesterday, does anyone want any of the coupons?

- Kickbeat Steam Edition 66% off ($9.99-$3.33)
- Serious Sam 66% off ($9.99-$3.33)
- Ace of Spades 50% (14.99-7.50)
- Eversion 66% (4.99-1.65)
- Galcon Fusion 75% (9.99-2.50)
- Jack Orlando Director's Cut 75% (4.99-1.25)
- Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden 50%(7.99-3.99)
- Quest of Dungeons 33% (4.99-3.30)
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 66% ($39.99-$13.20)

All expire on or around May 9.

Volimar

While we're on the subject, if anyone wants my coupons let me know.

50% off Stealth Bastard Deluxe

75% off Gumboy: Crazy Adventures

nampad

Homefront is ok if you want to play a CoD clone. A little bit rough around the edges and it has some stupid shit, but I enjoyed the singleplayer campaign.

milamber got moves

anyways, i think this area has some special invades which is why grey dudes are harassing me.

but you know, the feeling when you do this

is really good

i never really get used to being invaded, i'm shaking

I thought I was invaded but upon defeating it I never got that message. I guess it was just an NPC? Does a message still pop up if someone has invaded you? I don't even remember how it worked in the first game.

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought I was invaded but upon defeating it I never got that message. I guess it was just an NPC? Does a message still pop up if someone has invaded you? I don't even remember how it worked in the first game.
well i think i'm in a special zone where you get invaded often, but yea i get the message "xxWeedWizard420xx has invaded you!" and in my case when i defeated him i got the "xxWeedWizard420xx has been banished"

and it was a real dude for sure

well i think i'm in a special zone where you get invaded often, but yea i get the message "xxWeedWizard420xx has invaded you!" and in my case when i defeated him i got the "xxWeedWizard420xx has been banished"

I ran into a real world dude too. When I had 50% health as a hollow... and my beginning gear... that was totally not a fair fight. :\
And I'm totally sure that "WeedWizard420" is a black phantom programmed into the game. :p

Ah, ok. Then it was an NPC for me. But I thought it was a real person and had that adrenaline feeling going also lol

I haven't seen that reference in a while.

I don't use grid view, but my community page does occasionally look like that when it's connecting really poorly and not loading completely. Earlier this week I was having a hard time connecting to the community page, but it cleared up on its own-- maybe it's your turn now.

OeYiMTh.png

sXDWp4j.png

Because you deserve it GAF!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Because you deserve it GAF!
I have an image for you.

idh34ol11fb97.png

I shit you not, it has been like this about 80% of the time for the last 2 months. It affects the program and the site through a browser, the store and community. I'm starting to think it is Comcast being assholes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How to send Steamgifts with Modbot?

You can find the guide, with instructions and even a gif, on the first post of this thread. Just search for "How do I use Modbot?" in that first post.

Just got my last two achievements in Space Pirates and Zombies. It feels good to blink again.

Congrats. I took one look at the later game achievements and the No Respec, glimpsed what was ahead game wise, and decided I simply did not have the time to focus on a game that much at the moment.

Was it fun getting them at least?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I have an image for you.

idh34ol11fb97.png

I shit you not, it has been like this about 80% of the time for the last 2 months. It affects the program and the site through a browser, the store and community. I'm starting to think it is Comcast being assholes.

Fairly likely. Should try swapping your DNS to google's to see if it resolves the problem if you haven't already.

Lizardus

I don't see Bound by Flame anywhere else other than Steam (GMG etc.) Thinking about getting it. Does it have a chance of showing up on GMG later? I try to avoid buying new games off of steam.

Also, any word on the next sale? Its been too long for me and I haven't bought anything since forever.

Relax.MX

Homefront is ok if you want to play a CoD clone. A little bit rough around the edges and it has some stupid shit, but I enjoyed the singleplayer campaign.

Certainly not horrible but it's pretty mediocre, it lacks that punch of a call of duty, just dont have soul, the first mission is interesting for the artistic design and all the concept, but then after that falls horribly. I played 1hr 2 weeks ago and i just finished the game with the total of 3 hrs.

The best of all is -1 for my backlog.

Speaking of another game that is supposed to be mediocre. What GAF think of Dark Sector?. I just played the prologue and looks ok. A little generic the gameplay but looks cool.

EDIT: Im not a Xelios friend on Steam. XO

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats. I took one look at the later game achievements and the No Respec, glimpsed what was ahead game wise, and decided I simply did not have the time to focus on a game that much at the moment.

Was it fun getting them at least?

It was fun once I realized the vanilla game kinda sucks. I don't think I would have even finished the game without mods due to the ridiculous amount of grinding required.

Wow. SEGA customer service is getting rude.
I opened ticket number 3 after talking for a bit with JaseC about the nuances of what publishers and and can not do in terms of key generation for pulled apps (since they keep closing mine out). The same CSR answered my ticket yet again and this time he told me not to bother opening any more. Considering Steam says they should be able to fix it for me and I'd rather have a working game than a refund, it only made sense to pursue it. It wasn't like I was even being abrasive or anything.

Speaking of another game that is supposed to be mediocre. What GAF think of Dark Sector?. I just played the prologue and looks ok. A little generic the gameplay but looks cool.

I played it on the 360 some years ago and thought it was ok. I think it's worth going through once.

I still remember the original concept video from about a decade ago and how awesome it looked, at the time. The game changed a lot.

Khronico

Hm.

Are you supposed to be able to use the dpad in Vanguard Princess? I got my DS3 hooked up but all I can use is the analog stick. Not exactly ideal for a fighting game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I don't see Bound by Flame anywhere else other than Steam (GMG etc.) Thinking about getting it. Does it have a chance of showing up on GMG later? I try to avoid buying new games off of steam.

Also, any word on the next sale? Its been too long for me and I haven't bought anything since forever.

I'm 100% sure that GMG will have it for sale. They've partnered up with FHI and sell all their recent games so Bound by Flame will eventually show up in their store

I'm almost freaked out by how well Dark Souls 2 runs on my machine. I was never able to get good enough framerate with the DSfix, so I played through Dark Souls in a windowed resolution to average with around 20FPS. This runs at 60, with everything cranked though, which is really odd to see in a Souls game, given my previous average.

Looks great too.

Now I just need to get through Seath, Bed of Chaos, Nito, Four Kings, and Gwyn, before I'm ready to move on to 2! I'm at Seath now (the actual fight), and Bed of Chaos is lined up ready to go. I just need to set aside some time to power through it.

PS: Bless Family Sharing for allowing me to do benchmarks before buying stuff. It's been particularly useful for stuff like Strider which requires DX 11 (I'm using a DX10 card), and is cool for my idle curiosity, given the amount of Dark Souls 2 screenshots I've seen on the activity feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom