• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge [Origin] -- MB-0827F68331430B2E - Taken by kennah
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-C4DACF2289FBAEC0 - Taken by cardinalmind
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-C0DEEED2F6C4FB13 - Taken by Scorpion Soldier
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 [Origin] -- MB-50CA0EFA9E98284E - Taken by Gianni Merryman

fantomena

Cool. I still have 6,50$ Playfire Credit. How can I use it for GMG? It shows GMG credit: 0,00$.

GMG/Playfire says it should take 12-24 hours till the Playfire credits have been transferred to GMG, but it usually doesn't at least for me.

What I did found out though was that when I bought something on GMG, the 0.10$ which I receive (everyone receive it) in my GMG Credits pushed the Playfire credits to sync with GMG.

So if you are impatience, try to buy something very cheap or try to buy the free EVE online trial.

The free EVE online trial didn't work for me though.

Tenrius

Those Dark Souls II PC screenshots are sexy. Finished the game on the PS3 yesterday, definitely going to pick the Steam version up once it goes on sale.

Now for the hardest part: decide what to play next. I have about a thousand video games across all platforms and I WONDER.

Oh, and anyone else got The Samaritan Paradox? The description was so compelling I couldn't resist, but I didn't read anything else about the game.

I've been reading the Company of Heroes 2 community hub and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The whining there is simultaneously on of the funniest and saddest things I have seen.

fantomena

I've been reading the Company of Heroes 2 community hub and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The whining there is simultaneously on of the funniest and saddest things I have seen.

Big parts of the Steam Community are whiners.

Also, im damn tired of all these kind of reviews: "You can jump. 10/10".

Thanks to an Anon for Batman Arkham City... As a gratitude.
A raffle for everyone!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cardinalmind, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Puzzle Bots -- MB-4BFAE49E255C3C6E - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-67DDD75FA9106DD2 - Taken by jon bones. 3 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-EA1ECCCEA70DBBF6 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-0D241BB32F1F4799 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 4 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-55AD93FE8D633C38

t1398515522z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stump, I think you may have a problem with mod bot. Two of the same entry and for none of the games I gave out...?

The_Monk

Does anyone know if you need any sort of Save File in Shadowrun Returns to play Shadowrun: Dragonfall? Or having the base game will be enough? I played Shadowrun Returns on a different PC and I don't think it kept my save.

zkylon

zkylewd
three more bosses bite the dust and that's a wrap for dks2 day 2.

saskia's a total badass right now

i tried on the monocle but eh, it looks dumber than i hoped

i'm really liking it, feels maybe a bit easier? but that might be just experience doing its part. like, i had the same impression when going from demon's to dark, so i guess you just get half decent at it.

it's also really weird playing the game with no wiki. i know there's stuff out there but trying to do it as clear head as possible (only looked for the entrance to flame tower cos that shit was impossible to see) but other than that, enjoying being in the dark on the terrible repercussions everything i do will bring.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Does anyone know if you need any sort of Save File in Shadowrun Returns to play Shadowrun: Dragonfall? Or having the base game will be enough? I played Shadowrun Returns on a different PC and I don't think it kept my save.

I haven't dug into my copy yet, but from what I've read they're two totally different campaigns. I think you get totally new characters for Dragonfall.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

You need the base game to play it but the Dragonfall campaign is separate from Dead Man's Switch

The_Monk

I haven't dug into my copy yet, but from what I've read they're two totally different campaigns. I think you get totally new characters for Dragonfall.

Seems that I won't be needing the save file from the original game, thanks!

You need the base game to play it but the Dragonfall campaign is separate from Dead Man's Switch

Thanks, I have the base game and I finished it, I was just wondering if that's all I need to play Dragonfall. ;)

As always I'm pretty bad at these games but that never stopped me from enjoying and finishing Demon's and the first Dark Souls. I love this game already, I died a lot at the start but to me the difficulty is not big, it's just me lacking timing or patience that get the most of me.

So Blackguards won the Playfire Head to Head.
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/playfire-rewards-head-2-head-winner_26.html?m=1

Guess I"ll have to burn myself out on DSII and Blackguards next week to earn me some GMG moneyz

Yay! Blackguards is so good, but I put the game on hold, only in the second chapter, when I found out it was getting playfire rewards. I only have 2 of the cheeves as well so far.

Big parts of the Steam Community are whiners.

Also, im damn tired of all these kind of reviews: "You can jump. 10/10".

Steam reviews seems to be more about who can get there review up first and get votes that way, it's not really about quality.

GMG/Playfire says it should take 12-24 hours till the Playfire credits have been transferred to GMG, but it usually doesn't at least for me.

What I did found out though was that when I bought something on GMG, the 0.10$ which I receive (everyone receive it) in my GMG Credits pushed the Playfire credits to sync with GMG.

So if you are impatience, try to buy something very cheap or try to buy the free EVE online trial.

The free EVE online trial didn't work for me though.

Where can I find the free Eve online trial on GMG? Only see some "starter pack"

Yeah, what I have played so far is damn good. Just as fun as DS1. Better community than the rotten assholes that are left playing Demon's too.

community is awesome so far. So crazy easy to summon people. The amount of bloodstains is kind of hilarious.

Just beat The Old Dragonslayer, and DS2 is a blast.

Did steamgaf use summons for any of the bosses?

yes. Summoned for two bosses so far.
Pursuer and Dragonslayer
. Loving the co-op so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
As always I'm pretty bad at these games but that never stopped me from enjoying and finishing Demon's and the first Dark Souls. I love this game already, I died a lot at the start but to me the difficulty is not big, it's just me lacking timing or patience that get the most of me.
yea it's usually that greedy extra swing that kills you

i'm finding it easier than dks1 so far, but maybe because dks1 had some tough ones like the gargoyles and capra demon right at the beginning

Yeah, what I have played so far is damn good. Just as fun as DS1. Better community than the rotten assholes that are left playing Demon's too.
yea i've had a lot of fun helping people so far (and dumping on them all my shitty loot repeats lol)

seems a bit too strong tho.

like i did the warf and right before the boss i just placed a sign and waited so i could get my weapons repaired and my flask refilled. it's like a test run of the boss, i guess this was true in dks1 too but since actually getting summoned was rare as fuck i guess i didn't notice back then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Divo -- MB-B4DF2A6A47514B05
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

are still available

zkylon

zkylewd
man i just found out there's a spider level further on

watched some of epicnamebro's walkthrough to see how bad it was and ehh i dunno. they seem tolerable but i might have to test it myself. i would be really bummed if it's more than i can handle, i was always afraid one of the souls games would take it too far with the spiders :/

this is making me very depressed

Just beat The Old Dragonslayer, and DS2 is a blast.

Did steamgaf use summons for any of the bosses?
i used the ai mage lady against
the three skinny armored dudes in bastille
just cos i was curious

made the fight really easy but i don't think it was that difficult of a boss fight anyways

Mugatu

I did actually find Homefronts MP entertaining for a few hours. The SP though could have been better.

I hated the single player - mostly just for your annoying pseudo-Rico (from Killzone) AI companion and how it made no sense but I agree, the multiplayer was fun for a while.

fantomena

Speaking of Homefront, how about hooking me up with a key for the alpha app? :p

I received my key when I was a part of CombatTesting.com (which seems to be gone now). I got banned twice because I lied about my age. :p The website did not allow people under 18, I was under 18. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I received my key when I was a part of CombatTesting.com (which seems to be gone now). I got banned twice because I lied about my age. :p The website did not allow people under 18, I was under 18. :p

Ah, I assumed it was mistakenly given to you to review, haha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
three more bosses bite the dust and that's a wrap for dks2 day 2.

saskia's a total badass right now

i tried on the monocle but eh, it looks dumber than i hoped

i'm really liking it, feels maybe a bit easier? but that might be just experience doing its part. like, i had the same impression when going from demon's to dark, so i guess you just get half decent at it.

it's also really weird playing the game with no wiki. i know there's stuff out there but trying to do it as clear head as possible (only looked for the entrance to flame tower cos that shit was impossible to see) but other than that, enjoying being in the dark on the terrible repercussions everything i do will bring.

your waifu has nothing on my waifu!

Mugatu

This should be good but I cannot be 100% sure (I tried to give it away before but I don't believe it was ever taken)

Mirror's Edge Steam
C0HPQ-ERV6Y-9H2MT

These were possibly taken but I'm not sure (I tracked the extra keys I had in a word document and I'm not certain I updated it as I gave them out).

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Steam
W807Z-TJW22-IVLJX

Dead Space Origin
5S2A-NQE6-ENHV-VC3E-64EJ

Dead Space Steam
BNHA2-6YY0C-XNP4A

Crysis 2 Origin
4RKK-46NR-N9AP-ERZ4-U8FT

*not using modbot since I'm not 100% sure if the keys are still good.

The_Monk

People in DS II with already huge swords and armour yet, here I am with these ragged clothes to avoid being really slow when rolling and only two small bosses beaten with a huge amount of dying.

But the world is simply fantastic I love how everything is dark and grim but always with just a bit of light and hope. Also I wish I could comfort that poor guy in Majula, up in the stairs. Poor soul. :(

M.Steiner

Afternoon all:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Origin keys and 1 Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-5F936F84A76ABC59 - Taken by CyanideFuse. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (Origin) -- MB-B859C4C52ADD05FB - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-31B1371F4EA42268 - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.

t1398521509z1.png

A friend game me a code for Daylight that came with his new graphics card since he doesn't like survival/horror games.

I redeemed it but it's not yet released ( weird that they give unreleased games with graphic cards ).

Game seems very promising, anyone else got it preordered?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A friend game me a code for Daylight that came with his new graphics card since he doesn't like survival/horror games.

I redeemed it but it's not yet released ( weird that they give unreleased games with graphic cards ).

Game looks great, anyone else got it preordered?

I pre-ordered it for the OST (the 33% discount didn't hurt, either). I'll probably never the play the game since jump scares are my kryptonite, haha.

Rhaknar

dat shield pretty beast, i never could rock heavy armor stuff. just makes you so slow

actually its much better in this game than in DS1 im finding, even fat rolling isnt as slow

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Game seems very promising, anyone else got it preordered?
I thank nvidia every year for including batman with their cards so I can get a code someone doesn't want off eBay for 20-30$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom