• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I attempted a SL1 run in Demon's Souls, I got as far as the Flamelurker. I haven't tried one in Dark Souls, but you are right it is a good way to learn the mechanics of the game in a very unique way.
I did SL1 through Flamelurker, but boosted up to level 18 before Valley of Defilement. Then up to maybe 30 or so before 1-2, which was a very fun surprise for dragon mirdan invaders who didn't know what a BBS was.

No man, don't take me to the dark path! Sometimes a man must accept his limitations and embrace them. Though I could try going back to the game and beating this fucking boss, that I could do (trying, not succeeding).

I changed my mind. How many difficulty spikes are there? This game's insane!
SL1 is like a puzzle game! Fireball, reinforced club R1, reinforced club R2-- every encounter is solved in some combination of the above.

Major difficulty spikes after gargoyles? Sen's Fortress (not actually hard, just catches most players off guard the first time), Anor Londo boss, and New Londo boss (actually a lot of fun once you figure out the "trick"
go nuts
).

I have an image for you.

http://i6.minus.com/idh34ol11fb97.png

I shit you not, it has been like this about 80% of the time for the last 2 months. It affects the program and the site through a browser, the store and community. I'm starting to think it is Comcast being assholes.

Comcast is the reason net neutrality needed to be protected. They throttle like crazy.

yaron777

At this moment it is not working on any of them.

What is blocking my Steam?! FUCKKKKK

Actually, I have the same problem, although it isn't 80 % of the time (more like 20%). It works perfectly on my smarthphone, which leads me to believe it's something with my computer. I've tried Google DNS, which also didn't work. I don't know what to do. I haven't changed anything to my computer (that is: hardware, firewall, antivirus...).

I did SL1 through Flamelurker, but boosted up to level 18 before Valley of Defilement. Then up to maybe 30 or so before 1-2, which was a very fun surprise for dragon mirdan invaders who didn't know what a BBS was.
I always found it fun to invade with Morion Blade and Clever Rat's Ring. Usually it was a 1-3 swipes and they were dead if they weren't expecting it. Or even put morion blade in my off hand and have a white bow equipped, that was fun.

Actually, I have the same problem, although it isn't 80 % of the time (more like 20%). It works perfectly on my smarthphone, which leads me to believe it's something with my computer. I've tried Google DNS, which also didn't work. I don't know what to do. I haven't changed anything to my computer (that is: hardware, firewall, antivirus...).

Simple test:

If your phone isn't on your home wifi when it's working, put it on there and then try to load steam. This way you can figure out if it's your computer or the router.

Copons

I go out last night, get introduced to an amazing barbecue buffet restaurant for the first time, have a nice dinner with friends, accidentally bump into a cute girl there and finally said something witty as an apology and she smiled and laughed, restaurant just got some cold Pabst beer on tap and gave us some on the house, overall great night.

And I fucking wished I was here 10 hours ago with the cheapass/fanto/neotards blowup.

I hear you. :(

m'Lady!

EDIT: Usually I finally have the perfect response to a situation a few hours later.

I hear you again. :(

Totally unrelated.
I know you guys weren't waiting anything else than reading some more about my misadventures against Alexander the Great Asshole of Greece in Civ 5, so here you go!

As I said, my second try to spaceship the hell out of my Korean empire started in a more generous spawn point, but again with Greece neighboring.
As soon as he built the Great Library one turn before me, I gathered lots of units on his border to move war. As usual, he noticed it a couple of catapults before I wanted to move war. He asks me if I want to go to war or else. I answer else, because I wasn't ready, then BAM war. I conquer 1 city and his capital, and he negotiate peace offering me another city. sooooooogoooooooood.gif
But then of course all the other civs felt offended by me breaking promises, so everybody was eeeh you suck. Especially good old Bismarck, who attacked me twice, obtaining just a lot of asses kicked.
The game continues calmly, with me defending from Bismarck, hoarding cash and happiness through trade routes with anybody, when finally I discover my good friend Poland who apparently is just fine with me being all smartass with Greece.
Alexander, being left with two cities in a glacier, still cannot stop being a Great Asshole, always denouncing me and calling me names. I let it go because his pikeman aren't really scary when I have rocket artillery garrisoned in my border cities. :D
Queen Liz too was always hostile saying I was her favourite city-state, or a barbarian, even though my empire was twice hers and my science eclipsed her. :D
During the XIX century, I go with Order and so do Bismarck, suddenly becoming my BFF. I don't give a shit tho, as I always answer I'm going alone because I don't care about their petty affairs.
Also, I have the strongest, most upgraded army of the world, so yeah, come get me bitches.
In the 1940s I complete the Apollo Program and the Space Hubble almost in the same turn.
Now it's 1977, I'm two turns before completing the last spaceship part. And I'm "withdrawn". I'm scared to launch the game because I dunno. Fear.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

No Time to Explain -- MB-F94FBBB19B4078D1 - Taken by Nabs
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-EA5B5615D6AF1271 - Taken by bobnowhere
Spice Road -- MB-2B0E3DC929DD7CA4 - Taken by cardinalmind
Beware Planet Earth -- MB-842235656EC6F077 - Taken by -MD-

Nabs

Jolly co-op is the best, when it works.

Do I play Risk of Rain with a controller of keyboard?

Jolly co-op is perfect in DS2. So fast and smooth.

RoR is good with a keyboard. I tried setting up my controller, but it wouldn't let me.

^ thx JaseC

Dr Dogg

Stop it Copons you'll have me playing Civ
I
V all weekend :p

I never got the Wiimote stuff to work in those games, not even once, lol

And I think there's a PC version out there, but if I'm not mistaken it's only the first game (or part of it) and Japanese only. Too lazy to google it right now, so please excuse me if I'm spreading bad information.

FAKE EDIT: I decided to google it instead of posting ignorant stuff, and here's what I found:
"The Game Boy Advance version [of Ace Attorney 1] was also re-released for the PC as Gyakuten Saiban PC, published by the Japanese company SourceNext shortly after the Nintendo DS release."

"A PC version [of Justice for All] under the title Gyakuten Saiban 2 PC was released by the Japanese company SourceNext on March 31, 2006. Similar to the PC port of the first game, this is an emulation of the original Game Boy Advance version to be played on Windows based PCs, rather than an enhanced remake like the one that was released afterwards for the Nintendo DS. Again, it was only released in Japan."

"It [Trials and Tribulations] was originally released for the Game Boy Advance and was later ported to the PC."

You can bet that I'd be paying some sweet sweet cash for these games if an English version appeared on Steam.

You really need to fling the Wiiremote to get it to work. Better have the wrist strap firmly secured or it will be "Objec... Oh shit!" As it goes careering towards your tv.

Never knew that. The iOS versions are horrible, badly redrawn graphics and boy did who ever ported it screw around with the translation. A definitive version of all the previous AA games for every platform under the sun would be peachy, you hear me Capcom PEACHY!

-MD-

Homefront is ok if you want to play a CoD clone. A little bit rough around the edges and it has some stupid shit, but I enjoyed the singleplayer campaign.

This game?

Homefront.jpg

Honestly I don't think I've ever played a game that bad, might have been the worst 3 hours of video games I've ever experienced in my 23 years.

This is coming along nicely. :)

That's beautiful. Thank you for Enhanced Steam and your continued efforts; you make increasing our backlog much easier with every update :-D

By the way,I know you hope to work for Steam but, have you considered working for EA? You could improve Origin and make it like Steam, or even better.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
This game?

Homefront.jpg

Honestly I don't think I've ever played a game that bad, might have been the worst 3 hours of video games I've ever experienced in my 23 years.

If Homefront is the one of the worst FPS/games you've ever played then you're a very lucky person! As FPS go I thought it was ok, average and nothing special but played much worse. Excellent multiplayer though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS?! THE BLOODY THING WORKED!
4901559+_046cd99e6fc1aba5c802adf6161f4b39.jpg

Thanks mate hope it'll update more accurately now.

Glad it worked for you. Don't know if it's intentional but after their recent sales, the only way to update your GMG credit fast enough without contacting their support is to complete a transaction, so yeah EVE is your friend :p

That worked :-D
But I suppose I can't do that every time it's not updating, right? Or will this fix it for ever?

No, it won't fix it forever but you can do it multiple times. Just log out of your account and add EVE to your cart, then when you're on the checkout page login again and complete the purchase

JaseC

36112 Murdered: Soul Suspect Pre-Purchase ROW said:
Added SteamDB Unknown App 289170 to the package about 19 hours ago

This was added to the game's store subs but none of the other subs, which can only mean it's the in-game guide/map mentioned as a pre-purchase incentive on the store page. Looks like I'm grabbing the game before release after all.

I won Gun Monkeys from JaseC's key giveaway and it was in fact a two pack game.

So, and with JaseC's permission, I would like to give the extra game away from my inventory.

Is there a way of setting up a ModBot giveaway for items in my Steam inventory?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning Gaf. here's some spares, now leave me alone, Im going to vegetate in front of my computer screen Playing Dark Souls damn it! you cant stop me

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Divo -- MB-B4DF2A6A47514B05 - Taken by nampad. 1 entrants total. - Taken by nampad. 4 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Lucius -- MB-9F875134D03B15C8 - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Call Of Juarez -- MB-F81888B451B5BCC1 - Taken by The-Bean. 5 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0
Humans Must Answer -- MB-493F8B698D3BA934 - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.
99 Levels To Hell -- MB-728211CA2C8F527A - Taken by Scipius. 4 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-3A50C38C94347EDF - Taken by CyanideFuse. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-BE18B67DA7A5632A - Taken by MMBosstones86. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-C518C31EB6BDF31E - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.

t1398505578z1.png

JaseC

I won Gun Monkeys from JaseC's key giveaway and it was in fact a two pack game.

So, and with JaseC's permission, I would like to give the extra game away from my inventory.

Is there a way of setting up a ModBot giveaway for items in my Steam inventory?

Send the gift to your e-mail address and use the redemption URL as a "key" with ModBot. Note that as of a few months ago you need to leave the ?redeemer=your@email.here portion of the URL attached for it to work so make sure you send it to an address you wouldn't mind sharing with a stranger.

Tizoc

Glad it worked for you. Don't know if it's intentional but after their recent sales, the only way to update your GMG credit fast enough without contacting their support is to complete a transaction, so yeah EVE is your friend :p

No, it won't fix it forever but you can do it multiple times. Just log out of your account and add EVE to your cart, then when you're on the checkout page login again and complete the purchase

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Thanks for the workaround.

Send the gift to your e-mail address and use the redemption URL as a "key" with ModBot. Note that as of a few months ago you need to leave the ?redeemer=your@email.here portion of the URL attached for it to work so make sure you send it to an address you wouldn't mind sharing with a stranger.

Ah, right; I'll have a look a bit later and get a giveaway sorted. Thanks again for the key.

Copons

Stop it Copons you'll have me playing Civ
I
V all weekend :p

Yeah, no, thank you but it isn't really needed.

BECAUSE

1) Alex the Great Asshole was promptly pwned by my combined attack of Giant Death Robots and XCOM Squads. Also thanks to Woo and Indeed Hoo, because without his XCOM prowess, probably my squads would have died against the Greek pikemen.

and 2) I'M ONTO YOU ALPHA CENTAURI, and thanks to everyone who gave me great advices about how to go science!

Now I'm probably gonna uninstall Civ5 for good
yeah right, like I don't want to lead badass Garibaldi in Scramble for Africa

Evrain

and 2) I'M ONTO YOU ALPHA CENTAURI, and thanks to everyone who gave me great advices about how to go science!
Love the second button's caption, guess Civ V is as much of a drug as everyone states it to be.
Is it wrong I uninstalld it after thirty minutes and went back to my old love AoE II? (not HD, the tried and true retail disc from the nineties)

EDIT: thanks for Ballpoint Universe Rhaknar!

I wish I knew this yesterday. Ended up wasting some credit on a crappy game just to force it to sync.

Darkroronoa

I finished nightmares from the deep: the cursed heart (+ the extra adventure). I think i enjoy those hidden object games, its like a guilty pleasure.

Jawmuncher

I wouldn't wish Homefront on my worst enemy. Game was all kinds of bad and I have to agree the worst FPS I have played thus far. The gameplay at it's basic level was fine but everything else was just atrocious. The story, Enemy AI, the Very Obvious holding you back until you AI partner can open a door.

Aliens Colonial Marines looks like GOTY material next to it.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna enjoy spicing my day and watching poorly animated people burn. LOL

image.php

Luka Approves

_hekk05

Banned
If it's any consolation, I'm also around 50-60% Error -118ing for the last 2 months. I'm on Sky broadband in the UK though.

Superior Singapore Singtel Fibre Broadband with with only errors when Steam is actually down. 200mbps down 100mbps up for only 40 usd/month

Jawmuncher

Tried to give Uplay a chance and buy Batman Blackgate for the Steam Code.
Go through everything and Payment Authorization Failed. Well fuck you too Ubisoft. Guess my money wasn't good enough.

Acccent

So Risk of Rain is pretty hard >.<

honestly I played it with a friend 2 months ago (gosh time flies) and I don't even get why it'd be so hard. Like, even the first levels are harsh, but you soon start seeing and being surrounded with creatures that are individually way stronger than the first bosses... Maybe we missed something, but to both of us it looked like it was too difficult for its own good and we couldn't fathom how anyone would enjoy it more this way.

zkylon

zkylewd
shit found the lever that lead to tower of flame thingie in dks2

and like literally i think good indoors lighting would've helped, the thing's hanging there shadowless, same color as the stone in the wall.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Yeah, no, thank you but it isn't really needed.

BECAUSE

1) Alex the Great Asshole was promptly pwned by my combined attack of Giant Death Robots and XCOM Squads. Also thanks to Woo and Indeed Hoo, because without his XCOM prowess, probably my squads would have died against the Greek pikemen.

Now I'm probably gonna uninstall Civ5 for good
yeah right, like I don't want to lead badass Garibaldi in Scramble for Africa
Nnnnnngh, when is Brave New World going to be discounted? I NEED MY CIV V FIX. Been holding off on it until I buy BNW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom