• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Game seems very promising, anyone else got it preordered?

I'm going to wait a little bit on this one. I saw the gameplay where you are in a Hospital and looking at the level design itself it sure doesn't look like a hospital at all but more of a random generated map from a cave in Skyrim (regarding the map and corridors). I did finished Outlast and the jump scares can be intense with some sort of Headphones/Headset but the ending was really not something I can say I enjoyed.

I also tend to enjoy these games during the Halloween even if it's not a holiday we celebrate much in here. It just feels good to have some good old point & click action and some horror on the side. It's always a good time to check some DuskGolem's posts. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was an awesome giveaway from Jasec yesterday. I kept missing shit, though LOL

Yeah, sorry about that. While I did paste my giveaway into MS Word to get a character count and then added on top of that the rough sum of what the ModBot codes (MB-STUFFANDTHINGS) would add, I forgot to factor in the "Taken by ..." edits, haha.

Edit: Err, "sum", not "average". Fixed.

JaseC

JaseC now that you finally own Anno 1404 please tell me you are after that Barbie game next.

I decided some time ago that Barbie is going to be my 3000th game. If it doesn't go on sale at 66%+ off soon and I hit 2,999 before the Summer Sale I'm going to have to store all the games/software I buy in my inventory until the last day, just in case.

hohoXD123

People in DS II with already huge swords and armour yet, here I am with these ragged clothes to avoid being really slow when rolling and only two small bosses beaten with a huge amount of dying.

But the world is simply fantastic I love how everything is dark and grim but always with just a bit of light and hope. Also I wish I could comfort that poor guy in Majula, up in the stairs. Poor soul. :(
Team naked ftw.

The_Monk

But it's never discounted.

...And how do you know?

I decided some time ago that Barbie is going to be my 3000th game. If it doesn't go on sale at 66%+ off soon and I hit 2,999 before the Summer Sale I'm going to have to store all the games/software I buy in my inventory until the last day, just in case.

This game have so much potential to be the Bad Rats type of gift. Just imagine the money Bad Rats devs made just from people getting their game for some incredible gifts.

Faabulous

The old dragonslayer kicked my ass a few times before I called for help.
Been summoned a few times to help kill him too. Seems to be popular.

I've also been leaving my sign there. Coop is a ton of fun, but I haven't summoned anyone yet, only got summoned. Beign human is a pain. I keep dying for stupid reasons.

fantomena

FINALLY! Thank you, JaseC <3

f0c16bab07.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah, sorry about that. While I did paste my giveaway into MS Word to get a character count and then added on top of that the rough average of what the ModBot codes (MB-STUFFANDTHINGS) would add, I forgot to factor in the "Taken by ..." edits, haha.

Ahhhh... So that's why Hahah.

I was wondering why Modbot wasn't hooking me up after seeing keys that were unclaimed :D

Alien8

It all started almost 7 years ago, when i bought a retail box of CS:Source, since I wanted to play a few rounds. I wasn't very happy to install this 'steam' launcher to play the game, but there were no alternative. Surprisingly, I was able to register the CD key of and old box with Half-life that I had from a magazine, so in a few minutes I managed to get a small library on steam with a handful of games. There were some crazy people on GAF with a couple hundred games!

A few months later, I bought Red Orchestra a WWII shooter that looked great, and Audiosurf with high praise from GAF, Oh!... and Prey, for no other reason that it was stupidly cheap.

Later came the sales... the winter sale, the summer sale, weekend deals, daily sale and so on.

And even later, other shops like GMG, Amazon and the PWYW bundles with more games for even less money.

And now I am here...

Xuwm0BJ.png

And I regret nothing.

fantomena

It all started almost 7 years ago, when i bought a retail box of CS:Source, since I wanted to play a few rounds. I wasn't very happy to install this 'steam' launcher to play the game, but there were no alternative. Surprisingly, I was able to register the CD key of and old box with Half-life that I had from a magazine, so in a few minutes I managed to get a small library on steam with a handful of games. There were some crazy people on GAF with a couple hundred games!

A few months later, I bought Red Orchestra a WWII shooter that looked great, and Audiosurf with high praise from GAF, Oh!... and Prey, for no other reason that it was stupidly cheap.

Later came the sales... the winter sale, the summer sale, weekend deals, daily sale and so on.

And even later, other shops like GMG, Amazon and the PWYW bundles with more games for even less money.

And now I am here...

Xuwm0BJ.png

And I regret nothing.

Do you own Bad Rats?

And now I am here...

Xuwm0BJ.png

And I regret nothing.
You bought Prey from Steam when it was available? You missed all the fun then.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's nothing big, but Cave Story + is one of my favorite games on Steam, so I hope whoever wins it will enjoy it!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-637CB39DFA56E20B - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-EF2A94EB899DBE27
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-3DE2373E740535CA - Taken by koma. 1 entrants total.

t1398534065z1.png

derExperte

Can't believe this hadn't been redeemed yet, thanks!

The key is from the HB Origin Bundle and there were about 1000 giveaways with the same games back then, so the more surprising thing is that I finally found someone who didn't own all of them already. Good to know it was worth it posting them. :)

Dambrosi

Banned
A friend game me a code for Daylight that came with his new graphics card since he doesn't like survival/horror games.

I redeemed it but it's not yet released ( weird that they give unreleased games with graphic cards ).

Game seems very promising, anyone else got it preordered?
I got it for cheap (like $5) off a trader in the Hookups Steam group because Jim Sterling was playing the beta version on Youtube and it looked intriguing. I missed out on Outlast, and i like survival horror games, so when i saw the trader selling his Nvidia codes for $5, I pounced. I hope it's worth it, since I later heard that the levels are indeed procedurally generated, but it's too late to complain since I've bought it now.

Binary Domain @3.74 &#8364; http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/it/e...binary-domain/

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut @£3.25 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DEHRD...-directors-cut

I'm thinking of buying both of them D:
You already know what to do, son. Search your feelings.

yo, is there any way to check if you're on the permablock blacklist?
Yeah, actually, I'd like to know that, too. I haven't won anything in the last couple of days, not even from JaseC's ModBocalypse or expired raffles/free-for-alls.

Aucool

Binary Domain is a no brainer, it seems a lot of fun and thanks to Playfire I have some credit on GMG so I'll pay it only 1€. Probably I'll wait 3/4 months to buy Deus Ex, right now I prefer to play other games.

Have some free games:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-A77D6E8DFE26CF8F - Taken by ohblahitsme
Cave Story Plus -- MB-845DFD38CFA9E1C5 - Taken by Kirosia
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-70B88389AF28EFEC - Taken by MaLDo
Reus -- MB-2A4A86E65648472F - Taken by Nzyme32
Limbo -- MB-E28E548C515DC87F - Taken by Jmanunknown

Twinduct

So my friend came over for a lan ... and by lan I mean use my internet to download DS2 and update all his steam games.

Really impressed with the port, only saw him play so no idea how it controls. Feel bad for him, he never played DS 1 or DeS. But saw me playing the DS1 on PS3.

Tried to help me with the counter, but man we're doing something wrong. Either our timing is completely off or the mechanic has changed so drastically.

Anyway more steam centric topic, with Family share if he like grabs a bunch of my stuff and then goes into off-line mode ... he'll be able to play it right?
(I mean as long as he stays in offline mode)

BruteUA

That's the answer!
Yeah, actually, I'd like to know that, too. I haven't won anything in the last couple of days, not even from JaseC's ModBocalypse or expired raffles/free-for-alls.
I don't think that one would be a good way to tell, as Modbot was so overloaded it was taking much longer to edit stuff. So someone could have won what you were going for 10 minutes earlier yet it looked unclaimed.

I'm sure most people here already have these from various bundles, but in the event that you're missing something from the list, feel free to grab it:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #3 -- MB-3733FEAAF72D8C43 - Taken by wazoo
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #2 -- MB-9085C45F3CF4E297 - Taken by NingenJanai
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #1 -- MB-B2DC7C883D9E70DE - Taken by Dambrosi
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #6 -- MB-EE32AF1AB253CDEF - Taken by Vandrar - Taken by Vandrar
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #5 -- MB-B10C1B94826CA3D0 - Taken by Scipius
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta #4 -- MB-2A797EDD0B0294B6 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Interstellar Marines #2 -- MB-5402C04F374C20B5 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-79A0001FF846A92D - Taken by Crentist the Dentist
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E68165792817D383
Papo & Yo -- MB-E547A3D9C568F891 - Taken by ChapaNDJ
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-F9B5C4AD0D8BDA6F - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-67EB55A6DF73DEEE - Taken by lucebuce12
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-7BA9AEA4E6233C5B - Taken by topyy - Taken by topyy
Zeno Clash -- MB-3EAAB2179B0621B0 - Taken by Purkake4
Waking Mars -- MB-B305E18B315956BB - Taken by Zom
Gun Monkeys -- MB-94F86C8394DC5BA6 - Taken by Eanan
Fez -- MB-E1FF61D4933C923A
Nightsky -- MB-1F0D243338A3DDF9 - Taken by Gianni Merryman - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Interstellar Marines #1 -- MB-A90B9C101082126B - Taken by Dice - Taken by Dice

JaseC

So my friend came over for a lan ... and by lan I mean use my internet to download DS2 and update all his steam games.

Really impressed with the port, only saw him play so no idea how it controls. Feel bad for him, he never played DS 1 or DeS. But saw me playing the DS1 on PS3.

Tried to help me with the counter, but man we're doing something wrong. Either our timing is completely off or the mechanic has changed so drastically.

Anyway more steam centric topic, with Family share if he like grabs a bunch of my stuff and then goes into off-line mode ... he'll be able to play it right?
(I mean as long as he stays in offline mode)

Family Sharing is disabled in Offline Mode. Valve caught on to the fact people were using OM to circumvent the disallowing of concurrent library access while online.

Dambrosi

Banned
I don't think that one would be a good way to tell, as Modbot was so overloaded it was taking much longer to edit stuff. So someone could have won what you were going for 10 minutes earlier yet it looked unclaimed.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping it is. I have won a lot of games off ModBot giveaways in the last year, so it would suck mightily if I were blacklisted for that. I just now won a code for the Dead Island beta, so it's just Modbot having a hangover from his binge last night. All is good.

Binary Domain is a no brainer, it seems a lot of fun and thanks to Playfire I have some credit on GMG so I'll pay it only 1&#8364;. Probably I'll wait 3/4 months to buy Deus Ex, right now I prefer to play other games.
No, dude - the other way round! get Deus Ex first, or better still, get them both right now!

I'm sure most people here already have these from various bundles, but in the event that you're missing something from the list, feel free to grab it:
Nice giveaway, thanks for the Dead Island beta code. But where are people getting these codes? And it's always six of them. What's up with that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Divo -- MB-B4DF2A6A47514B05
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

still available

Thanks for Nightsky!
I think my nephew is going to love it - I made him try out Portal/Portal 2 and he got hooked but I am afraid it's much for him -, and me as well of course.

JaseC

Not through ModBot but if you ask Stump nicely he may let you know.

I thought a recent update rolled that decision back.

I thought the same thing, but after a mate said my games weren't showing up in Offline Mode I re-read the update notes and it was Family View that Valve re-enabled in OM.

Jusoni

How does this playfire rewards thing work? I got some monies on Portal 2 achievements which I've done years ago and haven't played it since. However my Dark Souls 2 rewards are no where to be found.

How does this playfire rewards thing work? I got some monies on Portal 2 achievements which I've done years ago and haven't played it since. However my Dark Souls 2 rewards are no where to be found.

I think the DS2 rewards will sync later? I don't think it's in real time. It's the same for me.

Nabs

They take time to process. There's also a chance that some of the dark souls stuff hasn't been added to the database yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom